"Resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death"

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions "Resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death"

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

. . . In my several posts above, Bonita, I was referring to Lucifer and Lucifer’s mind, his iniquity and his cosmic insanity.

So was I.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Cosmic insanity is evidence of disintegrating and vanishing personality control caused by iniquity. The unifying nature of the personality is designed to maintain sanity, and mind itself is unity.  But, if personality persistently chooses not to allow its unification, then insanity ensues.  Cosmic insanity is a total lack of self-control or self-mastery.

p754:5 67:1.4 There are many ways of looking at sin, but from the universe philosophic viewpoint sin is the attitude of a personality who is knowingly resisting cosmic reality. Error might be regarded as a misconception or distortion of reality. Evil is a partial realization of, or maladjustment to, universe realities. But sin is a purposeful resistance to divine reality—a conscious choosing to oppose spiritual progress—while iniquity consists in an open and persistent defiance of recognized reality and signifies such a degree of personality disintegration as to border on cosmic insanity.

p755:1 67:1.5 Error suggests lack of intellectual keenness; evil, deficiency of wisdom; sin, abject spiritual poverty; but iniquity is indicative of vanishing personality control.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

p755:1 67:1.5 Error suggests lack of intellectual keenness; evil, deficiency of wisdom; sin, abject spiritual poverty; but iniquity is indicative of vanishing personality control.

I forgot about that one!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I would surmise that evil, sin, and iniquity might not be represented or reflected due to the fact of its non-reality.

If evil is imperfection, are you saying that none of our imperfect thoughts are known by either Michael or the Thought Adjuster? I’m pretty sure that the Thought Adjuster knows everything that goes on inside our heads, since almost all of it is imperfect.

3:1.5 Truly of the human race has it been said, “You are of God” because “he who dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.” Even in wrongdoing you torment the indwelling gift of God, for the Thought Adjuster must needs go through the consequences of evil thinking with the human mind of its incarceration.

Actually I was speculating on the content of the reflectivity circuits only.  Since only truth, beauty, and goodness flow to soul and the Supreme, and the TA is connected to the reflectivity circuits, I was wondering if the unreality of evil, sin, and iniquity are thereby ‘filtered’ or constrained to its local area of repercussion?

I’m also wondering if the gravity circuits response is not lessened, over time, by the embrace of iniquity resulting in self erasure/cosmic suicide?

There are so many circuits to consider which, combined, do bring full knowledge and awareness of ALL minds to God, Super Universe Rulers, and the Creator Sons.

I brought up the text which suggests that there were those who knew all was not right in Lucifer’s mind prior to the Manifesto, but without any great detail as to the thoughts themselves….and I recall Jesus knew much of Judas’s mind prior to actual betrayal.

All very interesting…but I did intend to ask questions for clarification and correction – not make propositions or statements of belief and understanding.

:-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Actually I was speculating on the content of the reflectivity circuits only.  Since only truth, beauty, and goodness flow to soul and the Supreme, and the TA is connected to the reflectivity circuits, I was wondering if the unreality of evil, sin, and iniquity are thereby ‘filtered’ or constrained to its local area of repercussion?

It’s a good thing to study.  Did we ever have a topic on reflectivity on this forum?  Personally, I could use a good review on that.  But, I have to say that I don’t think Adjusters depend on reflectivity for any of their knowledge.  Of course, the revelators say they have every reason to believe that they have full access to their content whenever they like.

So what exactly is contained in universe reflectivity broadcasts?  Should we start another topic?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Well, I just read the first paragraph on reflectivity and it says it has the “. . .  power to see, hear, sense, and know all things as they transpire throughout a superuniverse, . . .”(9:7.1)  Also, quote 9:7.5 says that reflectivity appears to be omniscience.  That’s everything!

Wouldn’t ALL THINGS and EVERYTHING include the good, bad and indifferent?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

:-)   Duplicate…see below.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Actually I was speculating on the content of the reflectivity circuits only. Since only truth, beauty, and goodness flow to soul and the Supreme, and the TA is connected to the reflectivity circuits, I was wondering if the unreality of evil, sin, and iniquity are thereby ‘filtered’ or constrained to its local area of repercussion?

It’s a good thing to study. Did we ever have a topic on reflectivity on this forum? Personally, I could use a good review on that. But, I have to say that I don’t think Adjusters depend on reflectivity for any of their knowledge. Of course, the revelators say they have every reason to believe that they have full access to their content whenever they like. So what exactly is contained in universe reflectivity broadcasts? Should we start another topic?

Yes….I think we should and no, don’t think we ever have!! And….spoiler alert! Reflectivity covers a wide spectrum of capabilities, far more than the “broadcasts”. If radio is broadcast, think also of ham, CB, text, twitter, and one to one phone calls….even telepathy.  Reflectivity covers all such forms….and more. It’s a communication system that connects all minds in some ways to the source of mind itself. But it’s not just an upstream system either, it is also a ‘downstream’ system from the greater to the lesser. Remember:

17:3.8 [Part I] Everything of import transpiring on a local universe headquarters is inherently reflected to the capital of its superuniverse. And conversely, everything of local universe significance is reflected outward to the local universe capitals from the headquarters of their superuniverse. The reflectivity service from the universes of time up to the superuniverses is apparently automatic or self-operating, but it is not. It is all very personal and intelligent; its precision results from perfection of personality co-operation and therefore can hardly be attributed to the impersonal presence-performances of the Absolutes.

17:3.9 [Part I] While Thought Adjusters do not participate in the operation of the universal reflectivity system, we have every reason to believe that all Father fragments are fully cognizant of these transactions and are able to avail themselves of their content.

We are taught that while ‘broadcasts’ are periodic, reflectivity is continuous – broadcasts are not reflectivity, they are but one method of its utilization and there are many more to consider. Paper 17 says much about the topic! Notice above that the Adjusters may listen-in but they do not “participate in the operation” of the “universal reflectivity system”. I remember my granny teaching me that no one can hide anything from God….no act and no thought. I needed to mind my P’s & Q’s at all times in all places and in all choices. Wonder where that teaching comes from Biblically speaking? Another truth that reaches far back in planetary time to The Garden or even before I think. :-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Here’s what I don’t understand:  If the wizards of smart, Caligastia and Daligastia are servile before the Adjusters, don’t they recognize the fact that something is getting in the way of their mischief?  Wouldn’t they recognize that it has to be something more powerful than themselves?  Wouldn’t that give them a hint that there’s a more dominant Spirit being or Force inside some people’s heads?  Where do they think that comes from?  Are they not even curious?  They can’t be that dumb.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    I did not read into anything. I responded to you and Bradly who introduced reflectivity into the thread by citing 20:1.13. Click on the hyperlink below to see where you and Bradly first introduce into the thread reflectivity and Michael’s omniscience ability, or as Bradly put it, “There’s that all seeing, all knowing reflectivity again…”

The Revelator tells us Michael had to be informed by Union of Days of Lucifer’s mental state. That debunks your claim that Michael knows all that occurs in the mind of his sons.

I don’t see anything in the quote below that mentions the fact that Michael HAD to be informed. It simply says that the information was communicated to him along with the Constellation Fathers. It looks to me that you have read something into the quote that isn’t actually there.

53:2.3 Notwithstanding his silence, for more than one hundred years of standard time the Union of Days on Salvington had been reflectivating to Uversa that all was not at peace in Lucifer’s mind. This information was also communicated to the Creator Son and the Constellation Fathers of Norlatiadek.

My point was to show you that you were wrong about your initial claim on the omniscience of Michael.

I don’t recall ever using that word, OMNISCIENCE. It means the state of knowing EVERYTHING, not just emotions, thoughts and actions. Again, I think you read something into my post that just is not there. The quote I provided explains that Michael’s spirit gravity circuit within his universe allows him to MAKE AND MAINTAIN contact with all of his Sons, and that contact gives him information on their emotions and actions. That’s all the quote says. It says nothing about OMNISCIENCE. You asserted that Michael is unable to MAINTAIN contact with Lucifer’s emotions and actions presumably because you have read into the quote something about reflectivity. There is nothing in the quote about reflectivity either. The use of the word “reflection” seems to have thrown you off the fact that the quote is about Michael’s spirit circuit which originates in the Eternal Son. Reflectivity originates in the Infinite Spirit. The quote also says that it doesn’t matter where his Sons are in all universes of the Grand Universe . . . that would include the prison worlds. Michael has the ability to MAKE AND MAINTAIN that contact, even in the prison worlds (which belong to Michael).

20:1.13 Here is a divine reflection, a local universe duplication, of that absolute spiritual drawing power of the Eternal Son which enables him to reach out to make and maintain contact with all his Paradise Sons, no matter where they may be in all the universe of universes.

Your statement is baseless. Lucifer does not serve Michael no matter what definition you want to use, Bonita. He REBELLED against Michael.

Yes, he did rebel against Michael, but that changes nothing about the fact of SONSHIP. As long as Lucifer is alive, he has the gift of sonship, and SONSHIP IS SYNONYMOUS WITH SERVICE. Lanonandek Sons are created for only one purpose, they are unable to do anything other than the specific form of service they were created for. They cannot evolve into something else by sheer will, which is what Lucifer attempted to do. Lucifer’s “. . . rejection of universe allegiance and disregard of fraternal obligations, [and] blindness to cosmic relationships. (53:01)” does nothing at all to change the fact of sonship. Rejection of the gift of sonship, blindness to cosmic relations which results in refusal to accept universe responsibilities (service) cannot erase the fact of sonship until identity annihilation occurs. Every son of God, whether a big or small “s”, is entitled to all the mercy, love and tenderness both the universe and universal fathers have to give. Lucifer is still a Son, he is still in the service of Michael despite his emotional and mental condition.

Bonita, I explained this already. The criteria for these sons is, “serving in his domain.”

If Lucifer is not in Michael’s domain, where is he?

fold = descending ministering of service. Their SERVICE to humankind is to facilitate the progress in the Paradise climb of the lowly creatures of evolutionary origin. Lucifer et al. no longer SERVE in this capacity.

Just because Lucifer is incapacitated in his ability to serve in a particular capacity does not change the fact that he is a Son of God and a member of the FOLD. You wrote: “As long as these Sons refuse rehabilitation, they remain out of the fold.” Technically that’s impossible. As long as Lucifer is in existence he is in the fold of Sons; he has the gift of sonship. Sonship will not be taken from him until that moment when he no longer exists . . . as though he never was.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

They may be servile before TAs and other celestial influences but not necessarily before the human mind.  Under the right conditions, these archrebels can possess a human mind, thus, bypassing spiritual defenses, and they know this. We are told the following:

53:8.6 […] Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, […] has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men […] unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

And judging from what is happening around the world, in my opinion, the dark prince is possessing quite a few people!

Here’s what I don’t understand: If the wizards of smart, Caligastia and Daligastia are servile before the Adjusters, don’t they recognize the fact that something is getting in the way of their mischief? Wouldn’t they recognize that it has to be something more powerful than themselves? Wouldn’t that give them a hint that there’s a more dominant Spirit being or Force inside some people’s heads? Where do they think that comes from? Are they not even curious? They can’t be that dumb.

BB

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    More revelation to bolster my position, Bonita.
    53:9.1 Early in the days of the Lucifer rebellion, salvation was offered all rebels by
    Michael. To all who would show proof of sincere repentance, he offered, upon his
    attainment of complete universe sovereignty, forgiveness and reinstatement in some form
    of universe service. None of the leaders accepted this merciful proffer. But thousands of
    the angels and the lower orders of celestial beings, including hundreds of the Material
    Sons and Daughters, accepted the mercy proclaimed by the Panoptians and were given
    rehabilitation at the time of Jesus’ resurrection nineteen hundred years ago…
    Do you see, Bonita? “REINSTATEMENT IN SOME FORM OF UNIVERSE SERVICE”
    Get it, now?

Bonita, it is implied in the very revelation you and Bradly quote:

Isn’t implication another form of personal interpretation? Implication means that there is a suggestion of something, an innuendo or imputation. In fact the words leave no implication that the descending Sons must broadcast their emotions and acts to the Creator Son. In fact, it says that the Creator Son is personally conscious of every act and every emotion of every descending Son without any qualifiers at all. Your statement that the Creator Son can only be conscious of these things if the descending Sons ” . . . operate in full disclosure and publicize their feelings. When those conditions are met, reflectivity occurs and contact is made.” (your words)

20:1.13 . . . he is personally conscious of every act and emotion of every descending Son of God serving in his domain.

There are no qualifiers at all in the above quote.

The revelation is very specific to tell us that this applies to those who serve in Michael’s domain. If these sons do not serve in his domain then that revelation logically cannot apply to them.

What do you think is Michael’s domain? Did Lucifer ever serve outside of Michael’s domain?

And this is the case of Lucifer et al. as they no longer serve Michael in any capacity.

How are you defining the word “serve”? Does service only mean preforming a duty?

Be that as it may, here is one example of a conditional revelation where the Revelators do not know the state of mind or emotion of the rebels: 53:9.7 …We believe that all rebels who will ever accept mercy have done so.

The revelators are not Michael, are they?

Here is another revelation where the Revelator admits mind is not fully known which forces them to qualify certain of their revelations on mind: 9:6.8 The mind-gravity circuit is dependable; it emanates from the Third Person of Deity on Paradise, but not all the observable function of mind is predictable. Throughout all known creation there parallels this circuit of mind some little-understood presence whose function is not predictable. We believe that this unpredictability is partly attributable to the function of the Universal Absolute. What this function is, we do not know; what actuates it, we can only conjecture; concerning its relation to creatures, we can only speculate.

As I said above, the revelators are not Michael, nor are the Paradise Sons. Did any Michael, Daynal or Avonal write any part of TUB? I can’t recall. Quotes 9:6.8-9 have nothing to do with spiritual gravity of the Eternal Son, of which the Michaels and other Paradise Sons use a local universe duplicate:

20:1.13 Here is a divine reflection, a local universe duplication, of that absolute spiritual drawing power of the Eternal Son which enables him to reach out to make and maintain contact with all his Paradise Sons, no matter where they may be in all the universe of universes.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

BB, you sound rather angry and confrontational to me.  I find it somewhat abusive and offensive.

You do understand that there is more than one meaning to the word serve, and that the words serve and service, are not always interchangeable.  And, of course you do know that the word servile, indicates a position lower in status requiring deference and obedience.  It seems to me that you are relishing a quarrel, or a contest between right and wrong.  I won’t go there. Sorry.  I’m sure you understand.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Do you see, Bonita? “REINSTATEMENT IN SOME FORM OF UNIVERSE SERVICE” Get it, now?

Yes, BB.  I get it now and I got it before. I understand what you’re saying and I don’t disagree with it.  I think you are under the impression that my presentation of the meaning of Michael’s ability to know the emotions and actions of every one of his descending Sons “serving in his domain,” was in OPPOSITION to your ideas.  That is not the case.  My presentation was meant to be in ADDITION to your ideas.  Do you get that?

I’m sure you do.  What I find difficult to bear is the fact that you just lambasted both Bradly and myself for being intolerant of ideas, yet you’ve shown nothing but intolerance for my idea.  It seems odd to me and just a bit threatening.

This is my position: Lucifer is both servile to, and in the service of, Michael.  If he resumes loyalty relations and accepts rehab, he can be given his duties back.  But whether or not he is reinstated to his assigned duties, for which he was created, does not alter the fact that as long as he exists he is in service to and of Michael.

If you would like to argue over this, know that I’m not interested.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    Bonita, you argued that even in rebellion, the archrebels remain in service to Michael in his domain. You used a spurious argument that being a celestial son of Michael qualifies as serving in his domain. The revelation I posted contradicts your position.

Do you see, Bonita? “REINSTATEMENT IN SOME FORM OF UNIVERSE SERVICE” Get it, now?

Yes, BB. I get it now and I got it before. I understand what you’re saying and I don’t disagree with it. I think you are under the impression that my presentation of the meaning of Michael’s ability to know the emotions and actions of every one of his descending Sons “serving in his domain,” was in OPPOSITION to your ideas. That is not the case. My presentation was meant to be in ADDITION to your ideas. Do you get that? I’m sure you do. What I find difficult to bear is the fact that you just lambasted both Bradly and myself for being intolerant of ideas, yet you’ve shown nothing but intolerance for my idea. It seems odd to me and just a bit threatening. This is my position: Lucifer is both servile to, and in the service of, Michael. If he resumes loyalty relations and accepts rehab, he can be given his duties back. But whether or not he is reinstated to his assigned duties, for which he was created, does not alter the fact that as long as he exists he is in service to and of Michael. If you would like to argue over this, know that I’m not interested.

BB

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 257 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.