"Resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death"

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions "Resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death"

Viewing 2 posts - 256 through 257 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Bonita…and all!!

I hadn’t thought of my post as a form of defending you at all….like you need such!  I was merely pointing out the obvious – a direct question asked with a direct answer provided, followed by a claim that such a direct question was misunderstood and your answer not applicable.  Confusing.  Oh well…you can only lead a horse to water, as they say, the drinking is up to them.

So, regarding the Spirit of Truth and the topic of this thread….according to the text, the Spirit of Truth would be included for us when we “Resume their/our lives just where they/we left off….”.  I asked a question which would be relevant to the topic….If a survivor hails from a world that is pre-Son’s Spirit gift, do they THEN acquire the soul ministry of the Son’s Spirit?  Or would they only receive it once their own world does during the Mortal Epochs?  I surmise the Son’s Spirit is immediately engaged with the soul of such mortal ascenders….but it is pure supposition.  But I do know we keep the Spirit of Truth for all our adventure time in our time and space experience!  The gift that keeps on giving.

To the drawing power issue….I think the UB teaches that the individual’s response to all the gravity circuits is greater or lesser depending on the spiritual “mass” of the individual….and that response mass or attraction-response might itself be an indicator of the mind/soul who is growing in experiential wisdom and love response and also those who are receding or diminishing in such response?  Again, pure speculation but I’ll see if I can find the quotes which indicate forms of gravity-circuit-responsiveness….the “drawing power” of spirit, mind, and personality circuits.

The center(s) of these gravity circuits and their drawing power do not change…but only reality responds to these circuits I think.  The more realitized a being is, the more responsive (and perhaps even reflective?) and the less realitized a being, the lesser the effect of the universal drawing powers (and perhaps less to reflect)?  This is true relative to physical gravity I believe if such a pattern holds true for these other gravity circuits…I don’t know.

A topic on the Son’s Spirit and its transformative influence to the each and the all, and it’s co-gift of the flood of TA’s to a world and the unorthodox lack of normal sequencing of Urantia’s mortal epochs would make a wonderful study.  I’ll start within a couple of days unless you or another beats me to it!

As always, thanks for the ever interesting and educational sharing you give us all here….quite a gift itself, that!

:good:

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I hadn’t thought of my post as a form of defending you at all….like you need such!

Oh no, I was referring to  claim that I need to defend myself.  Defense is only necessary if you’re being attacked, which is what he is doing.  He’s also attacking you, so I reported him.  Now, moving on.

I asked a question which would be relevant to the topic….If a survivor hails from a world that is pre-Son’s Spirit gift, do they THEN acquire the soul ministry of the Son’s Spirit?

I don’t think they mention it.  But it seems logical that such a person would enjoy the same ministry everyone else has. Obviously such a person would have been, at minimum, in the seventh psychic circle, and that’s where the Spirit of Truth comes in.

The center(s) of these gravity circuits and their drawing power do not change

The original center never changes, the absolute source stays absolute.  But we are living in a subabsolute reality so the various gravity circuits (except personality), have “substations,” for lack of a better word. But that doesn’t mean they change, they are just routed through the local universe Creator. (Recall the quote comparing it to the human nervous system.)  For spirit gravity at the local universe level it is the Creator Son. for, mind gravity it is the Creative Spirit, for physical gravity it’s local linear gravity.

7:1.5 The Son’s spiritual drawing power is inherent to a lesser degree in many Paradise orders of sonship. For there do exist within the absolute spirit-gravity circuit those local systems of spiritual attraction that function in the lesser units of creation. Such subabsolute focalizations of spirit gravity are a part of the divinity of the Creator personalities of time and space and are correlated with the emerging experiential overcontrol of the Supreme Being.

Sin and rebellion cannot affect the spirit gravity circuit.  So Lucifer cannot stop Michael from utilizing this power to know his emotions and actions. Michael has complete control over it at the local universe level.

7:1.7 Like the material gravity of Paradise, the spiritual gravity of the Eternal Son is absolute. Sin and rebellion may interfere with the operation of local universe circuits, but nothing can suspend the spirit gravity of the Eternal Son. The Lucifer rebellion produced many changes in your system of inhabited worlds and on Urantia, but we do not observe that the resultant spiritual quarantine of your planet in the least affected the presence and function of either the omnipresent spirit of the Eternal Son or the associated spirit-gravity circuit.

but only reality responds to these circuits I think.

Only qualitative reality responds to the spirit gravity circuit.  Perhaps that’s how Michael knows what’s going on?  I’m sure he must be conscious of qualitative reality as it waxes or wanes.

7:1.8 There is an unvarying response of the Son’s spirit to all spirit things, beings, and persons, and this response is always in accordance with the degree of actuality (the qualitative degree of reality) of all such spiritual values.

Viewing 2 posts - 256 through 257 (of 257 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.