Welcome to the Forum

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Welcome to the Forum

Étiqueté : 

15 sujets de 16 à 30 (sur un total de 39)
  • Auteur
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Welcome…back!!  Looking forward to hearing your voice again amongst old friends and new!  The adventure continues…..forevermore!

= )

Bradly – aka fanofVan

FritziGal
    Participant

Hi!

I am a new participant in Arizona.  Just checking to see if I’m really  a part of this forum.  I’ve been having a lot of problems  getting connected.  Over and out.  Fritzi

André
    André
    Participant

Welcome Fritzi,

I am a french reader fr0m Montréal. Been 35 yrs a lector. This virtual platform is a great mode to express your opinion concerning our ideal « … be perfect as our Father is Perfect ».

Warm regards,

André

FritziGal
    Participant

Dear Andre –

I was hoping to receive a response from someone (although I failed to ask for it) so that I would know that my initial message on this forum was accurately entered, transmitted and received.  I have been reading the Urantia Book on my own since the early 1990s.  I have read it all the way through twice, and due to much underlining and scribbling in the margins, have worn out the original copy and purchased a second.   Throughout this time, I have amassed any number of questions, and also some opinions and ideas which I hope to share with others.  (Gradually, and over time.)  I’ve learned that each discussion with a Urantia person provides considerable food for thought, and that there are sections of the Book that probably require the knowledge of an astrophysicist, but I’m willing to listen to whoever is willing to talk.   Ha!  Am looking forward to the mental challenge of this forum.  My best to you, and everyone!  Fritzi

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

FritziGal wrote:

« I was hoping to receive a response from someone (although I failed to ask for it) so that I would know that my initial message on this forum was accurately entered, transmitted and received. I have been reading the Urantia Book on my own since the early 1990s. I have read it all the way through twice, and due to much underlining and scribbling in the margins, have worn out the original copy and purchased a second. Throughout this time, I have amassed any number of questions, and also some opinions and ideas which I hope to share with others. (Gradually, and over time.) I’ve learned that each discussion with a Urantia person provides considerable food for thought, and that there are sections of the Book that probably require the knowledge of an astrophysicist, but I’m willing to listen to whoever is willing to talk. Ha! Am looking forward to the mental challenge of this forum. My best to you, and everyone! »

« […] opinions and ideas which I hope to share, … food for thought, … astrophysicist, […] »

Dear FritziGal — personally, I’d love to hear about any astrophysical opinions and ideas.  Please share  :-)

Welcome the the forum!

Nigel

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Maître des clés

Hi FritziGal,

Welcome to the Forum! If you want to talk science and cosmology, our previous poster Nigel Nunn is the guy so I highly recommend you take him up on his invitation. He’s an astrophysicist and has the best grasp on the cosmology in the book than anyone I’ve encountered so far.

Could you please create new topic threads under the relevant Forums for the various subjects you wish to discuss so that there’s a record of your discussions for others to find when they browse those sections of the Forums? Thanks and enjoy the Forum!

Cheers,
    Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

FritziGal
    Participant

Dear Nigel –

I hope you didn’t misunderstand my previous message.  I didn’t mean to imply that I was an astrophysicist. On the contrary, I often feel that I could use the help of such a person when dealing with some of the more difficult sections of the Book.  It’s good to know you’re out there, Nigel!  Oddly enough, your name sounds familiar to me.  I believe that someone once told me that you have your own web site. Is this true?  – Fritzi

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Dear FritziGal,

Discoveries usually start with a fresh question  :good:

Website I don’t have, but here are two sets of fun videos:

On matters Personal: UB and Personality
    On matters Material: UB and Cosmology

Nigel

André
    André
    Participant

Dear Nigel,

… as soon is possible I’ll look at those videos.

Thanks,

André

fordstar7
    Participant

Hi:

I am new to the forum and forums in general.

I have had difficulty just getting connected to the forum using Chrome or Edge browsers but finally am able to get to this point using Firefox.

I know this may be a silly question but how does one initiate and post a question or new topic?  I am sure it must be simple but as I am not familiar with how forums work I can’t seem to find how to do it.

I thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

Fordstar7    ( Bart Guderian)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Hi Bart.

First pick a forum and click on its title. Do not click on a topic already started within the forum.  For instance, to add a new topic to the « Urantia Book General Discussions » forum, click on that title, then scroll to the bottom of the page.  Above the dialogue box are the words: Create New Topic in “Urantia Book General Discussions”  Beneath those words is a box to enter the title of your new topic.  Then, in the dialogue box enter your intro message for the topic.  Finally, click submit.

Looking forward to your input.

FritziGal
    Participant

Dear Bart:

Many thanks for somehow reading my mind and asking the question I was about to ask Kathleen.  She suggested I set up  new Topics as they occurred to me, and I couldn’t figure out how to do it either.  I was about to ask her when I saw your message and the answer you received from another helpful member.  Cool!  This is going to turn into a fun experience. I can see that already.    FritziGal

FritziGal
    Participant

Dear Nigel:

Can’t wait to watch your videos!  Thanks so much for sharing. – Fritzi

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Maître des clés

Dear Friends,

In addition to Bonita’s instructions, don’t forget to click the « Notify me of follow-up replies via email » at the bottom of the dialogue box to insure you receive email notifications of replies. If you wish to be notified of any new posts to a topic you’re interested in, even if you don’t post to them, click the « Subscribe » button at the top of the topic.

Cheers,
    Kathleen

From Sydney, Australia

FritziGal
    Participant
    Dear Friends:
    I remember thinking while I was reading the Urantia Book that this had to be the challenge of a lifetime for
    anyone determined to turn out a perfect copy – with no typos or grammatical errors. But I think I found a couple things:
    Page 673 – line 4   Shouldn’t that word be Amoeba instead of Ameba?  And, on —
    Page 676 – 4th paragraph, where they talk about various bivalve gastropods, including muscles, clams, oysters and scallops, I’m pretty sure they were referring to mussels.  Muscles, as we know, refer to the body tissue that allows for movement, while mussels are freshwater bivalve mollusks.  But that’s all I found in 2,097 pages!  Incidentally, if your copy of the book doesn’t show these, perhaps they were corrected in later editions.
    FritziGal
15 sujets de 16 à 30 (sur un total de 39)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.