Welcome to the Forum

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Welcome to the Forum

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Keymaster

Dear Forum Members and Friends,

Urantia Association welcomes you to our Forum! We hope you will feel at home here. Please let the Website Management Committee know how the new forum works, or does not work, for you. (Send your comments to Support & Suggestions.)

This Forum is moderated by a team dedicated to helping participants get the most and best out of it. We will insure that it is a safe and courteous environment for you to feel comfortable expressing your views. One or more moderators will be on hand for advice, to handle reports, and to serve the varied needs of our Urantia Book reader community, and the wider world of truth seekers with whom we’d like to share the book.

We have a set of Forum rules to insure this forum remains friendly, spiritually fragrant, and focused on issues relating to The Urantia Book and its teachings. The only prohibitions in place are about so called channeling activities (click here to view our Channeling Policy), and of course personal attacks are not permitted. Participants are encouraged to address the issue, and not attack the person if they must express strong objections or criticisms.

We are particularly interested to know if your mobile devices are compatible with the new program. So come right in, check out the facilities, and join in when and where you like. We are glad you are here! Your presence is valued; it adds to greater diversity and undiscovered potential that will help the Association fulfill its primary two fold mission to facilitate study of The Urantia Book and to spread its teachings.

Some handy tips:

• If you want to receive email alerts of posts on any particular forum, click the ‘Subscribe’ link – that’s similar to the old ‘watch forum’ feature.
    • Editor tool bar – if you only have one row of tools on your editor tool bar click the ‘toolbar toggle’ icon to get a second row with more features.
    • If you wish to quote click the icon to indent the quote.
    • When copy and pasting from places outside the forum, click the T icon on the tool bar so the text doesn’t come in garbled. Click again to return to normal text.

Happy posting!

Sincerely,
    The Website Management Committee

From Sydney, Australia

Thank you for this informative, clear and concise statements about the forum. One question is how to address a moderator for additional information?

Praying for the forward momentum of Brotherhood on our world

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Hi Bernie,

I believe the “SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS” sub-Forum is the place to post questions/comments to moderators:

http://urantia-association.org/forums/forum/support-suggestions/

Richard E Warren

Ray
    Ray
    Participant

Since my 1st introduction to the UB, I always held true that the hypothetical unified infinity level of reality is a true pre- reality – a valid conceptual truth. Although not an existential – manifested – factualization. A pre-reality truism – but unfactualized. Explains the unmanifested personality of the 1st Source and Center. Thus  Thought-Word-Deed. All else is reasonable and logical. Errors in my thought to actuality of pre-existential and unfactualized reality? Infinity and eternity?

Walk with God. May His Peace be unto you.

Ray
    Ray
    Participant

How else could personality transcend all existential things?

Ray
    Ray
    Participant

Agreed a static moment for successive linear mortal thought – yet, does not negate eternal historical events i.e: Ancient of Days.

chucksmith1982
    Participant

Hello. My name is Chuck Smith and I am a blind computer user. I’m testing this forum to see if it is screen reader friendly.

nelsong
    Participant

Welcome to the forum chuchsmith

all friendly

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Chuck Smith and welcome.  Please let the admin here know of any way this site can be more accessible and useable by one who has no eye sight….it is hoped that all who wish might find a place at this table.  I wager you know much about how to make websites more user friendly for all who attend them.  I look forward to your voice.  Peace.

Bradly

chucksmith1982
    Participant

I look forward to joining the Urantia Book community. I’m still exploring, but so far, I’m seeing nothing that I can’t deal with. Thanks for the welcome.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Welcome, Chuck!

I look forward to hearing more from you. I like the ideas you have on a way to systematically study the book.  (#14140)

André
    André
    Participant

Hi sisters/brothers,

It’s been a while (4,5 yrs) the Urantia Forum is a reference. I follow once in a while subjects you have developed among you. So interesting,so colourful. As each of your personalities. It’s been a while i follow course on UBIS and when i need a wide regard on specific subject, it’s a must detour this forum.

I am from Montreal and it’s been 25+ yrs i was introduced with the 5th epochal revelation. As far as i remembered my ”curiosity” (T/A) drive me through this spiritual pathway where i stand today as 57 years old. Since i encounter UB nothing overclass it. And still today through Truth Spirit again and again didn’t stop to astonish me how accurate, pinpoint human nature.

Must admit, i get pleasure,satisfaction and expansion mingle with Family.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I am so pleased to meet you André.  Welcome to the forum.

I look forward to your contributions to our discussions and to hearing your unique voice.  Mingle with us as we explore the depths, the heights and the breadth of the fascinating book we have discovered and share.

Mara

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Welcome André! thanks for visiting, and warm regards from a chilly Canberra (-6!)

Nigel

Arno
    Arno
    Participant

Greetings

Due to time constraints I havent been around for some years, but yesterday, after checking some mail Ive received from Anzura, I thought of popping in just to see how events are unfolding here at this forum. I was pleasantly surprised to notice that Nigel, Bonita and Fan of Van are still arround, and am sure some other oldtimers as well – just didn’t notice yet ?

Having some extra time on hand I hope to be able to participate in a more constructive way instead of lurking in the shadows.

Allow me just to add that I thoroughly enjoyed Chuck and Bonitas conversation on how to maximise our study of TUB. Once swallowed up in that thread, I just got carried away enjoying some further thread-hopping. A few pesky questions Ive been stuck with for a while was also answered by the Abiram and Segub thread of Chuck, i.e. what ever happened to a Cosmic Citizen talk show host of some time ago? etc. etc.

And I decided to re-register :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.