The "Document"

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The "Document"

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Even the UB would concur that women have been oppressed and persecuted over time, and their voices negated just because of their gender, so if presenting themselves as someone else, works for them then so be it.

I can accept that. I had a mother, have a wife, and daughters too. I have always been sympathetic to they’re plight when it comes to unfair domination by men. I found what the Urantia Book has to say about it all very beautiful and edifying. I hope this gender struggle and conflict between women and men will start to improve more. It’s long overdue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, with my first exposure to the revelation in 1971 I met John the Baptist now residing in Sedona and with very little reading or religious background I spotted a fraud with no help from anyone. His followers were increasing in numbers and I was out of there. I’m not highly educated and have average or maybe less than average intelligence.

Its not that difficult.

this spirit of truth within us really works. Even if we do not understand what it is or are knowledgeable of its presence.

Yes, that was you but, as you indicated “His followers were increasing in number”, why?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have always been sympathetic to they’re plight when it comes to unfair domination by men.

And I agree. Also, what the UB presents is primarily a root cause for such domination, but today’s domination persists, and I can understand that some women may have developed anger towards this and to some degree, are attempting to get revenge.

Gene
    Participant

why?

i don’t care to know because it is a problem I cannot solve and I rank his followers with the Jonestown koolaide drinkers, another type I don’t have the desire or energy to analyze.

the answer is eugenics

do t know what else to say about it.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

why? i don’t care to know because it is a problem I cannot solve and I rank his followers with the Jonestown koolaide drinkers, another type I don’t have the desire or energy to analyze.

the answer is eugenics

(111:4.4) The inner and the outer worlds have a different set of values. Any civilization is in jeopardy when three quarters of its youth enter materialistic professions and devote themselves to the pursuit of the sensory activities of the outer world. Civilization is in danger when youth neglect to interest themselves in ethics, sociology, eugenics, philosophy, the fine arts, religion, and cosmology.

Youth, for some it’s a big problem.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I have always been sympathetic to they’re plight when it comes to unfair domination by men.

And I agree. Also, what the UB presents is primarily a root cause for such domination, but today’s domination persists, and I can understand that some women may have developed anger towards this and to some degree, are attempting to get revenge.

Well, like you said, so be it. It only means that men now have a better opportunity to love women more. When this happens both are made better. Women have the right to be angry. Men have an obligation to protect this right.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(68:5.8) Prepastoral society was one of sex co-operation, but the spread of animal husbandry reduced women to the depths of social slavery. In earlier times it was man’s duty to secure the animal food, woman’s business to provide the vegetable edibles. Therefore, when man entered the pastoral era of his existence, woman’s dignity fell greatly. She must still toil to produce the vegetable necessities of life, whereas the man need only go to his herds to provide an abundance of animal food. Man thus became relatively independent of woman; throughout the entire pastoral age woman’s status steadily declined. By the close of this era she had become scarcely more than a human animal, consigned to work and to bear human offspring, much as the animals of the herd were expected to labor and bring forth young. The men of the pastoral ages had great love for their cattle; all the more pity they could not have developed a deeper affection for their wives.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Well, with my first exposure to the revelation in 1971 I met John the Baptist now residing in Sedona and with very little reading or religious background I spotted a fraud with no help from anyone. His followers were increasing in numbers and I was out of there. I’m not highly educated and have average or maybe less than average intelligence.

Its not that difficult.

this spirit of truth within us really works. Even if we do not understand what it is or are knowledgeable of its presence.

Yes, that was you but, as you indicated “His followers were increasing in number”, why?

Why? It’s because they haven’t allowed their real spiritual experience to guide them yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

why?

i don’t care to know because it is a problem I cannot solve and I rank his followers with the Jonestown koolaide drinkers, another type I don’t have the desire or energy to analyze.

the answer is eugenics

Yet your here on a Urantia forum? Where you indicated earlier “Well, with my first exposure to the revelation in 1971 I met John the Baptist now residing in Sedona”, where one might assume that this person introduced you to “the revelation”, which might indicate that your interest in the UB is different from back then, if my assumption is correct?

In general “eugenics” isn’t the answer, if we assume that all individuals are carriers of certain genetic traits.  If this information was known, the the life carriers in the UB they would have been able to just put together a perfect package, and not having to rely on the intermingling between different races or beings, in order to augment their work.  Education can be the most powerful influence to change the type of behavior problem you mention that leads persons to “the Jonestown koolaid drinkers,” and other types, where even education used by those “Jonestown” higher-ups, would be the wrong education, so what else could be helpful?  I then assume your indication for “eugenics” would be directed towards the “johnstown” higher-ups.  But then where does it stop?

This is relevant to this topic because these specific individuals are allowed to do their bidding because of free-will and in this case the bill of right, here in the US, and in other similar countries around the world, where all one has to do is shield their beliefs under a religion or church, regardless of the true definition thereof, and they are protected to perform their will on others regardless of possible consequence.

So, I’m sure that you and others would have opinions on these subjects, where “eugenics” is not the primary solution.  How is it that people can be brainwashed to think differently and to do things that would otherwise be self-destructive? Even the fundamentalist UB students site the UB for these answers but really don’t understand its contents or purpose.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why? It’s because they haven’t allowed their real spiritual experience to guide them yet.

Spirit is something that one cannot see and, as you have mentioned, comes from within.  But if one looks back at Jesus’ intervention, attempting to proclaim, in a different way, what could be done, He merely seemed to add to the problem, because it would seem that everyone has their own definition of what a “real spiritual experience” is.  Did he not say that he came to take peace from the Earth, or something to that nature.  Where if one looks back to that time, what was going on then?  And, it looks as if the same type of things are still going on now, just under a different name, or more of them?

If most of the people are preoccupied with putting food on the table, a roof over their heads, and hopefully staying healthy, what else is more important to them, to be able to have a “real spiritual experience”, because all of those material needs, most often involve an acquisition, not for themselves, but their family members who may not be able to fend for them-self?

Gene
    Participant

why?

the answer is eugenics

Yet your here on a Urantia forum? Where you indicated earlier “Well, with my first exposure to the revelation in 1971 I met John the Baptist now residing in Sedona”, where one might assume that this person introduced you to “the revelation”, which might indicate that your interest in the UB is different from back then, if my assumption is correct? In general “eugenics” isn’t the answer, if we assume that all individuals are carriers of certain genetic traits. If this information was known, the the life carriers in the UB they would have been able to just put together a perfect package, and not having to rely on the intermingling between different races or beings, in order to augment their work. Education can be the most powerful influence to change the type of behavior problem you mention that leads persons to “the Jonestown koolaid drinkers,” and other types, where even education used by those “Jonestown” higher-ups, would be the wrong education, so what else could be helpful? I then assume your indication for “eugenics” would be directed towards the “johnstown” higher-ups. But then were does it stop? This is relevant to this topic because these specific individuals are allowed to do their bidding because of free-will and in this case the bill of right, here in the US, and in other similar countries around the world, where all one has to do is shield their beliefs under a religion or church, regardless of the true definition thereof, and they are protected to perform their will on others regardless of possible consequence. So, I’m sure that you and others would have opinions on these subjects, where “eugenics” is not the primary solution. How is it that people can be brainwashed to think differently and to do things that would otherwise be self-destructive? Even the fundamentalist UB students site the UB for these answers but really don’t understand is continence or purpose.

actually he is the apostle John, not the baptist, sorry for the error. and no, it was not he who introduced me to the revelation. He came into my life later. I worked on his and his husbands piano before they divested themselves of their great careers and belongings to head for the hills and travel off planet in invisible space ships. Even though I could see through the charade I admired them for their determination and they did help with my initial study. But the whole thing put me off to them and the revelation for a long time.

point being-frauds are easy to spot, do not feed them and they tend to go away.

i don’t have answers that would please everyone but I think I’m ok with my own interpretation of what a fraud is . One eugenic technique is just don’t feed frauds or trolls. It works.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote:  “The question becomes: what is our moral responsibility toward the unstable and erratic souls, of which there are quite a few?” ill give my opinion and may get censored for it: Eugenics!

Hilarious!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

YEA…Gene – THAT is true wit!!  Still laughing….. Hilarious indeed! Hahahahahahhaha!

benjaminvogt96
    Participant

Wow, I did not expect this topic to become so active! Thank you everyone for the interaction and the responses, I greatly appreciate it. My email has been bombared with notifications! :D

Gene
    Participant

Wow, I did not expect this topic to become so active! Thank you everyone for the interaction and the responses, I greatly appreciate it. My email has been bombared with notifications! :D

conclusions???

pray tell🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 213 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.