The "Document"

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The "Document"

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So I’m guessing you’re there too . Wouldn’t surprise me. What name are you using there?

If I were there it wouldn’t be different then it is here, but you need to get the spelling correct, for “”, its an Anglo-saxon name originally spelled as “”, but I don’t fault you because I found that name randomly printed in H. P. Blavatsky’s book, “The Secret Doctrine” second volume, page 454, where I wondered who this was, and because there was no listing to whom this referred too.  I was able to determine that he was a student of my great-great-grand-father, from my fathers, mothers side of the family.  I wouldn’t have researched this hadn’t it been for you insistence of using it. So, thanks.  The original spelling is noted in their usage in the Books of Enoch, which I am very familiar with.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Using different monikers in different forums is fine. Just don’t be deceitful about who you really are. In the end, making greetings and expressing friendship does nothing to cover up what’s happening. Personality has a way of being distinct, no matter how hard you try to feign that you’re somebody else.

chucksmith1982
    Participant

When I looked into the ub, I came across the channelers. They confused me for a while, then I read the book. My view on this is simple. It is to soon for a sixth, or a continueing revelation. The reason is because not enough time has passed. Thousands of years passed between each revelation. Isn’t it logical to assume that at least a thousand years would need to pass before any more revelations are given? Also, according to the histories, the last message that the revelators sent was “You are now on your own.”

There was a time,  (from what I gather) I’m not sure if it has passed, where being a fellowship supporter was understood as being a supporter of the channelers as well. Those who supported the foundation were viewed as… urantia book fundamentalists? I guess would be the best term I can come up with. They were viewed as not supporting or believing in Urantia channelers in whatever form they came in and believed in just the book itself. That, actually, was the reason that I decided to support the foundation when I became a ub believer… That, plus I could get around their website better than I could get around the fellowship’s.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

The Urantia Book is for the individual, not the group. All the explanation of what it says and what it means will come from within. It’s through this kind of comprehension that individuals will transform the world, one man and one woman at a time.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    VanAmadon wrote:  The Urantia Book is for the individual, not the group.

Then why was it presented to a commission? Sounds like another Van/nodism.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Then why was it presented to a commission?

If I explained this to you Bonita then you might be robbed of the experience of having the source of all knowledge reveal it to you from within.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant
    VanAmadon wrote: The Urantia Book is for the individual, not the group.

Then why was it presented to a commission? Sounds like another Van/nodism.

And why the emphasis on study “groups”?  Not to mention the teaching that we are all to learn how to teach one another as well as learn from one another.  Life is not meant to be individualistic but groupings and teams!!!

The inner life is personal….but we are here to learn sharing and caring and doing….together….as a family.  The Papers were gifted to a “group” called Urantians.  No one may share or care or teach or learn from others in isolation…navel staring indeed, nodisms.

= )

Anonymous
    Inactive

My view on this is simple. It is to soon for a sixth, or a continueing revelation. The reason is because not enough time has passed. Thousands of years passed between each revelation.

You might be correct “chuck” but as it is there have been additions to the Urantia Book, where there are two volumes in print by Gabriel Sedona as the author, “The Cosmic Family”, Volumes 1 & 2.  They start off where the Urantia Book leaves off as fare as the paper numbering is concerned with paper 197.  Anyway, they are quite extensive, but as I have researched the author, I find that he would not have been able to write such volumes without having someone edit for him.  They are very interesting but might be worth reading for the fun of it or as I did to get a better understanding of the cult behind the author.  Nevertheless, he has changed his name again and now it is “Gabriel of Urantia” along with many other names over the years.  So what you have feared or assumed not possible has already happened.  Not to mention that the other person, to whom I contribute the document in question of this topic, also has proposed a new Urantia Book soon to be published, however just words and no evidence of coming into fruition.  It looks like everyone wants to get in on the Urantia Book gravy-train.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

If I explained this to you Bonita then you might be robbed of the experience of having the source of all knowledge reveal it to you from within.

So wait!  You’re a truth revealer?  Tell me what you so intimately know about the reason for the contact commission.  Obviously you’re not old enough to be a member of it, so perhaps you’re getting your revelatory information from elsewhere?  Where would that be?  If you are able to explain anything, aren’t you obliged to do so as a service?  Isn’t that what the revelators have done for us, passed on their intimate information as a revelation to our hungry souls?  I think you should explain it!! I think it’s your moral duty to do so.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: And why the emphasis on study “groups”?  Not to mention the teaching that we are all to learn how to teach one another as well as learn from one another.  Life is not meant to be individualistic but groupings and teams!!!

Exactly Bradly!! EXACTLY.  The evolution of the Supreme is all about socialization of the personality.  Our entire ascension career concerns learning how to relate to other-than-self and how to work with diverse groups, groups with different cultures and languages.  Socialization of the personality is paramount; it’s the highest form of personality unification.

56:10.14 Every impulse of every electron, thought, or spirit is an acting unit in the whole universe. Only sin is isolated and evil gravity resisting on the mental and spiritual levels. The universe is a whole; no thing or being exists or lives in isolation. Self-realization is potentially evil if it is antisocial. It is literally true: “No man lives by himself.” Cosmic socialization constitutes the highest form of personality unification. Said Jesus: “He who would be greatest among you, let him become server of all.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Urantia Book is for the individual, not the group.

To some degree I would concur, however this would depend on the abilities of each individual and not a group because with my experience with so-called study groups, is that it becomes a reading group, and unless someone takes on the lead position as someone with additional insight or information as to various topics, these groups become social groups.  What I have found is that in order to study the book, one needs to use the digital versions of the book where a search engine can be used.  I prefer the PDF version because I can lookup words and phrases as they are used all over the book.  I have found that many words and phases repeat themselves and sometimes are linked in meaning or context to each other.  Therefore, this kind of study would not really be conducive to a group unless it was used with a projector where all could see these type of associations. Not to mention that individuals might get a more personal meaning of the text when read where as a group many are less likely to present their meaning as they might relate to themselves.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Using different monikers in different forums is fine. Just don’t be deceitful about who you really are. In the end, making greetings and expressing friendship does nothing to cover up what’s happening. Personality has a way of being distinct, no matter how hard you try to feign that you’re somebody else.

That’s true “VanAmadon” but there is a reason why these forums ask for or allow an Avatar name to be assigned.  They allow for an impersonal presentation of topics and opinions which would otherwise not always be forthcoming if the contributors true identity were revealed.  Not to mention that there needs to be a certain amount of anonymity present today because of identity theft and general harassment against someones presented opinion, whether it is for study or personal experience.  That’s why so many forums have policies against the attempt to acquire personal information from contributors.  However, as one can see, there are many who are just nosy and want to make a name for themselves, but that’s part of the human personality pattern for some.  For those who wish to present their identity in public that’s fine but, in today’s cyber culture they are taking a risk.  So, if knowing the identity of a person is so important, then they should use the PM system to make contact, but then there is the risk that confidences will be published to others, which would be a breach of trust, which I have seen and experienced by a few.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Then why was it presented to a commission?

It would seem that this may have been necessary due to the way it was presented? Although, much information or talk has been presented on this subject, but unless one had access to the transcription notes it would be difficult to ponder this information and if necessary to query the source as to specific meanings or fill in what may have been wholes that needed to be plugged to make sense. As it is there have been questions on forums where the usage of specific words were incorrectly presented grammatically, were at the end of the PDF version of the book, some of these editing notes were presented and those specific differences were noted as being edited by by different members but, this is minor to being able to review the original notes which has been stated as having been destroyed.  But, the shear volume of information would require more than one person to edit, not to mention needing some diverse knowledge of the different topic matter that would require diversity.  Nevertheless, I came across an associate who indicated that these notes were not destroyed and have been archived in a location that he was not allowed to revel, but not having seen this evidence I have no reason to believe nor disbelieve the source of this information.  So, it would seem that there is presented information for some and disinformation for others.  Either way, what is being presented today is not what I originally read for the first time but, this may have much to do with the way the meanings or definitions of words change over time, as sometimes an individuals understanding of word definitions has been fixed based on their personal education or experiences.

Besides, what difference does it make, as long as one can read the finished product for them self as an individual, to make their own determination of the content of the text.  A group will never agree on the meanings presented within the UB, but it would seem that even Jesus understood this based on his understanding of the different personalities of his students, where it was important that not everyone think the same way, but have a personalized understanding of his teachings.  So why bicker over things that were meant to be this way?

chucksmith1982
    Participant

Midyclorian, you implied that I was afraid of new revelation. I am not. If I were, I would have been afraid of the UB.  I simply choose to believe that any channeled material that is preported to be an extention of the Urantia Book is being misrepresented as such. The reason, as stated in my last post, was because it would be illogical to present new material when what has been given has not been fully utilized. The Urantia Book as presented to us has not had time to make significant changes to the world culture. Take note of the changes between the first four revelations. Each one of them was given enough time to make a significant impact on the surrounding peoples and then spread outward. How far each revelation was able to spread before the next one was given had to do with factors some of wich we could probably figure out, some of wich would probably be beyond us. The fifth, and as far as I am concerned the most recent of said revelations, has been with us for less than a century. Including the time it took to prepare the people who were there and give us the revelation, it has been less than two centuries. Granted, that is on the physical level. Who knows how long the midwayers were at work before that behind the sceens as it were. Now I, who found the UB perhaps a decade ago and have became a whole hearted believer a few years ago is expected to believe that a sixth is being brought forth? After less than a century has passed? When there was call it 2000 years between the fourth and fifth? When several thousand years (I’m not sure of exact dates) passed between the first, second, and third revelations? When the ub implies that at least a thousand more years will pass before a sixth revelation will be brought forth? Call me a urantia book fundamentalist if you will, but I choose to believe the revelators that it will be at least a thousand years until the next revelation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Call me a urantia book fundamentalist if you will, but I choose to believe the revelators that it will be at least a thousand years until the next revelation.

I don’t disagree with your implication nor do I imply that you have any fear regarding such, but I took the opportunity to post that there are some who would present such so called extensions, new or restatements of the Urantia Book, that may be determined by some to be valid revelation, for other reasons than what the revelators had presented the Urantia Book.  They are not creditable but there are some individuals who will think so.  That’s why I presented the information which I did, because there are those who wish to deceive others for alternate reasons.  How are we to determine if these supplements are possibly invalid unless we examine them for ourselves, and comment on whether they are creditable.  From my experience of having examined those which I presented earlier, there can be a problem in the future to discredit these supplements, if we do not examine their source.  Has not the Urantia Book been examined from one end to the other?  Yet it is still here, and seems to be flourishing, despite those who would contradict its source and origins.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 213 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.