The "Document"

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The "Document"

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant

I think that all of the religions of the world suffer from similar difficulties, as to why some failures are more apparent than others I’m not certain but losing ones head can be a factor.

this reader can talk about past experience with attempted brotherhoods or if I can coin a word brotherhoodisms – they come and go and I do believe that they have meaning and value in the Supreme as part of the evolutionary process.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I hope the following will be helpful.  God is no respecter of persons.  Goals, not creeds, should unify religionists.  Shared psychological opinions and theological beliefs contribute to the various religious groups and creeds.  But all religions “. . . have arisen as a result of man’s variable intellectual response to his identical spiritual leading.” ( 92:7.4 )

99:5.7   Just as certainly as men share their religious beliefs, they create a religious group of some sort which eventually creates common goals. Someday religionists will get together and actually effect co-operation on the basis of unity of ideals and purposes rather than attempting to do so on the basis of psychological opinions and theological beliefs. Goals rather than creeds should unify religionists. Since true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience, it is inevitable that each individual religionist must have his own and personal interpretation of the realization of that spiritual experience. Let the term “fait h” stand for the individual’s relation to God rather than for the creedal formulation of what some group of mortals have been able to agree upon as a common religious attitude. “Have you faith? Then have it to yourself.”

. . . . .

99:6.2  There is a real purpose in the socialization of religion. It is the purpose of group religious activities to dramatize the loyalties of religion; to magnify the lures of truth, beauty, and goodness; to foster the attractions of supreme values; to enhance the service of unselfish fellowship; to glorify the potentials of family life; to promote religious education; to provide wise counsel and spiritual guidance; and to encourage group worship. And all live religions encourage human friendship, conserve morality, promote neighborhood welfare, and facilitate the spread of the essential gospel of their respective messages of eternal salvation.

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

Samuel before go further about “intellectualization”, would you ask your daughter what is her définition of it ?

What happened when you over-intellectualize and when you under-intellectualize?

She must be able to define what is for the use of intellect?

Is actions are the result of a proper and balanced intellect?

How can she knows Urantians reader over-intellectualize —- could it be because we are not millions in numbers?

Is quantity an indicative of sound actions? Internet is a tool. Talking about quantity … did she have quantity friends or quality friends on facebook?

Thanks you,

André

p.s. I saw first video and inspiring such commitment from individuals

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Hi André and all of you,

We can imagine a person collecting a lot of information about what a burn means, without ever getting burned.

She will try to imagine and imagine the burn and will never really feel what it means to get burned!

The only thing that would make it possible to make the link between intellect and feeling is experimentation.

Experimentation makes it possible to move from knowledge (intellect) to action.

To “know” brotherhood and unity among all men, it is necessary to experience it.

The two videos give an example.

Samuel

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

__________________________________________________________________________________

Salut André et vous tous,

Nous pouvons imaginer une personne qui collectionne une multitude d’informations sur ce qu’une brûlure veut dire, sans jamais se brûler.

Elle essaiera d’imaginer et de se représenter la brûlure et n’arrivera jamais à vraiment ressentir ce que signifie se brûler !

La seule chose qui permettrait de faire le lien de l’intellect au ressenti est l’expérimentation.

L’expérimentation permet de passer du savoir (intellect) à l’action.

Pour « connaitre » la fraternité et l’unité entre tous les hommes il faut l’expérimenter.

Les deux vidéos donnent un exemple.

Samuel

Note : En anglais « Savoir » et « Connaitre » se traduit identiquement.

Friendship enhances joys, glorifies the triumphs of life and fidelity is a treasure of the soul.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

It is very difficult to communicate because the translation is not accurate. :-(

Friendship enhances joys, glorifies the triumphs of life and fidelity is a treasure of the soul.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

The number of Baha’is has increased considerably. From about 400,000 in 1963, the year of the first Bahá’í World Congress, it grew to about 3,500,000 in 1985 and 7 million members from more than 2,100 ethnic groups in more than 189 countries in 2011.

Brotherhood, friendship and active service are contagious! ;-)

What a great example.

Samuel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The only thing that would make it possible to make the link between intellect and feeling is experimentation.

So you’re saying that experience is the link between thinking and feeling?  Is that the purpose of experience?

TUB tells us the purpose of experience is to add meaning to value.  It makes sense then that thoughtful appreciation of value would have to precede experience.  Therefore, thought must come before action. Otherwise a person is living only on the feeling/reacting level of life, which is no better than an animal, more like an amoeba.  I can’t stress how important it is to strive for your very highest thinking in search of value if you want to find true meaning in the experience of life.

100:3.4 Meaning is something which experience adds to value; it is the appreciative consciousness of values. An isolated and purely selfish pleasure may connote a virtual devaluation of meanings, a meaningless enjoyment bordering on relative evil. Values are experiential when realities are meaningful and mentally associated, when such relationships are recognized and appreciated by mind.

100:3.5 Values can never be static; reality signifies change, growth. Change without growth, expansion of meaning and exaltation of value, is valueless—is potential evil. The greater the quality of cosmic adaptation, the more of meaning any experience possesses. Values are not conceptual illusions; they are real, but always they depend on the fact of relationships. Values are always both actual and potential—not what was, but what is and is to be.

100:3.6 The association of actuals and potentials equals growth, the experiential realization of values. But growth is not mere progress. Progress is always meaningful, but it is relatively valueless without growth. The supreme value of human life consists in growth of values, progress in meanings, and realization of the cosmic interrelatedness of both of these experiences. And such an experience is the equivalent of God-consciousness. Such a mortal, while not supernatural, is truly becoming superhuman; an immortal soul is evolving.

I’m curious to know how Samuel thinks TUB and the Bahá’í Faith intersect.  What does the Fifth Epochal Revelation have to offer the followers of this religion?

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Hi Bonita,
    According to The Urantia Book, they will go mostly to the mansion worlds and will eventually perceive a greater coherence in the intelligent organization of God’s plan.
    In the immediate future, the Urantia Book can enable those who are interested to see in Jesus our Creator Son and to come to come out of the “God of the Law” and enter into the understanding of a “God of Love”.
    Anyway, everyone can learn from each other.
    Best regards.
    Samuel

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Salut Bonita,

D’après le livre d’Urantia, ils et elles iront majoritairement sur les mondes des maisons et finirons par percevoir une plus grande cohérence dans l’organisation intelligente du plan de Dieu.

Dans l’immédiat, le livre d’urantia peut permettre à ceux qui sont intéressé de voir en Jésus notre fils créateur et d’en arriver à sortir du « Dieu de la lois » pour entrer dans la compréhension  d’un « Dieu d’Amour ».

Quoi quil en soit, chacun peut apprendre de l’autre.

Amitiés.

Samuel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Anyway, everyone can learn from each other.

Most definitely!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I am always curious and suspicious whenever I perceive anyone who appears to believe that they know what other people believe or what other people do or are not doing or should be doing instead of what someone thinks they’re doing or instead of what they should be doing.

It’s an interesting behavioral choice and predilection for some of us.  It begins with a presumption based on a fiction and falsehood…that I or we or someone or anyone might factually and objectively know what someone else or anyone else or, most especially, what everyone else is actually doing or generally doing.  What a farce.  An obvious false assumption which can only result in false conclusions.

We know by the teachings that a true religious experience results in the actual expression and doing based on decisions delivered by the experience.  Our motives and intentions are changed which effect our decisions.  Everyone is making an endless stream of decisions and taking action based on their own motives and decisions which no one of us might know.

To claim UB readers merely intellectualize the Revelation is to believe they are not having a personal religious experience and that this epochal revelation they embrace is not a source of cause with effect or with teachings that transform one’s thinking and choosing and becoming and very being.  But such a claim also logically indicates a belief in one’s own knowledge of what all others are or are not doing and should otherwise be or not be doing instead.  Wow.

The word hubris comes to mind.

This entire topic and the Treatise itself is about the disappointments of some people and these false presumptions of their own invention which lack objectivity and perspective and factual knowledge.  Those who believe the UB movement has failed or falters do not see reality clearly or with the proper time unit perspective but do suffer from an immaturity and impatience that delivers their disappointment with both false perception and priorities.   Or so I think.

Watch out for that beam in your eye!!

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Hi, Bradly,
    I would like to share this quote, which I really like.

“Between what I think, what I want to say, what I believe I say, what I say, what you want to hear, what you believe to hear, what you hear, what you want to understand, what you think you understand, what you understand…They are ten possibilities that we might have some problem communicating. But let’s try anyway…”

I have to leave you because something big is blocking my eye. :-)

Experience all things, remember what is good!

Samuel

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Explaining more or less well is how I feel immediately.
    I think I come at a time in my life when I am getting a better and better understanding of what Jesus would have done in my place.
    The great adventure I want to live at forty-five years old is “to believe what I say and do what I believe”.
    The fraternity, friendship and service that I idealize; it is up to me to realize it on the island of Reunion.
    Without false sentimentality and without fanaticism.
    We can now move on to another subject.
    Thank you to all of you.
    Samuel

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Expliquer plus ou moins bien, c’est ce que je ressens immédiatement.
    Je pense que j’arrive à un moment de ma vie où je comprends de mieux en mieux ce que Jésus aurait fait à ma place.
    La grande aventure que je veux vivre à quarante-cinq ans, c’est “croire ce que je dis et faire ce que je crois”.
    La fraternité, l’amitié et le service que j’idéalise, c’est à moi de le réaliser sur l’île de la Réunion.
    Sans fausse sentimentalité et sans fanatisme.
    Nous pouvons maintenant passer à un autre sujet.
    Merci à vous tous.
    Samuel

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Samuel, your comments are inspiring to me! Thank you for positive teaching!

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I wish you a lot of luck Samuel.  May Jesus be with you.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

And I’ll share a favorite with you:

Things are not as they appear …and neither are they different.

I have not been able to identify why you chose this topic to revive of all the ones available.

My best wishes too.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 213 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.