The "Document"

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The "Document"

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    André
    André
    Participant

Bradley,

On behalf of our brother from his legitimate exercise of “free will” Samuel decide to act on this subject.

Anybody on brotherhood enhancement will deny it or suggest otherwise ?

Anybody on siblings improvement will encourage a new participant ?

Come on … !

André

p.s. obviously Bradley was “watch out for that beam in your eye” essential to reach out and participate to unity?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Hmmmmm….I’m a little confused here Andre.  My posts have been about the authors and supporters of The Treatise or the topic of this thread, The “Document” who have declared the work of thousands of volunteers over 6 decades to have failed and be in default and the Movement to itself be a failure.  I confess I still do not understand why Samuel refreshed this particular topic or his actual point since his first post related to the topic.  But no matter, Samuel is most welcome to post and to his opinions.

Let me be clear and direct here:  Samuel – if I have offended you in any way, I apologize sincerely and hope for your forgiveness.  Brother, I have been too unclear as to your own opinions here so far to directly disagree with you about anything.

But those who complain about the organizations and the movement have much in common and do fit a certain profile of lament, disappointment in others, expectations of others, and an apparent knowledge of all others I find particularly annoying, especially regarding the practical impossibility of even holding such encompassing knowledge as a mortal of limited and subjective perspective.  There are readers who share a disappointment not only in the progress of the Movement but also of our world, a disappointment that certainly indicts the Most Highs and those who serve our world as well as the celestials charged with the Revelation’s universal success.  Readers of the Papers should certainly understand the time frames and patience required for evolutionary progress through the Mortal Epochs and the leaven effect of each Epochal Revelation on a world.

To your own posts here, you first seem to be in agreement that the UB movement should not be focused on creating another evolutionary religion.  But then compare the UB movement to Ba’hai which is an evolutionary religion.  Your first two posts:

The main thing is that we become in time, a living example of brotherhood and friendship, of men and women, filled with the fruits of the spirit and that it becomes contagious for the whole world. (Especially for youth)
    Are we the result of our actions?
    Jesus did more in a few years of ministry than his disciples in more than two thousand years.
    May Jesus be the unifying model for the realization of the era of light and life on earth.
    In Unicity.
    Samuel

Let’s not be afraid!!!!!
    Creating a new religion has become outdated and useless.
    The younger generations are increasingly turning away from religious institutions.
    Whether it’s the old or the new!
    Because more and more intelligent they judge trees by their fruits.
    When the sterility of audiovisual relations, materialism and selfishness are understood, the younger generations will feel the need to live true fraternity.
    In thoughts, feelings and actions for the construction of an ideal world.
    For religion, the true religion, is the indispensable source of the higher energy that drives men to establish a higher civilization based on human brotherhood. (LU/79 :4.9)
    Everything in us in the Love of God.
    Samuel

Then you say:

I hope that the Urantian brotherhood will not wait 1000 years to organize concrete ideas of selfless and altruistic services in society.
    There are countless useful and constructive ideas for yourself and others.
    In humanitarian and social work!
    This must be one of the main objectives for the realization of social fraternity in our world.
    Be living examples of what we believe in.
    This is the emerging factor of a superior civilization based on human brotherhood!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyA4ScSogVQ
    Let me ask you this: Are you able to drink the cup I’m about to drink?
    (LU/171:0.5)
    Jesus our model!
    That’s my prayer.
    Samuel

Me here: Do you think the Urantia brotherhood has been or is waiting to organize concrete ideas of selfless and altruistic services in society? Do you think it altruistic to disseminate the 5th Epochal Revelation to our world in one million years and the movement itself for dissemination and socialization but 60 years into such an enterprise? What value do you think such an effort has to a world and what benefit might such a successful effort of selfless service have I wonder for those so engaged and those who discover the Revelation by their efforts, expectantly an entire planet in just a few dozen generations of time?  How many have served how well to deliver this single tool of a website and forum of learning, socialization, and discussion to us today I wonder?  And do you think the tens/hundreds of thousands of readers over the decades also serve in many living examples of what they believe in with the very real objective of social fraternity in our world? I certainly do think and know first hand that we do so!

Then later you also post:

My 17-year-old daughter, to a Baha’i friend and told me one morning; “you readers of The Urantia Book, intellectualize yourself a lot on the Internet but you don’t do much in action.”
    She also told me, “Dad, share this little film with your friends who read The Urantia Book and take some of it. No wonder there are so few of you.”

https://www.bahai.org/light-to-the-world/

This is my daughter’s opinion of the judgment she had in learning about the activities of readers of The Urantia Book on the Internet and social networks.
    I love the kid!
    Samuel

Me here:  So in this post we read opinions that readers of the UB intellectualize ourselves a lot and don’t do much in action and there are few of us.  Pardon me if I find these opinions rather uninformed and naïve….but not so uncommon.  I wonder why you Samuel decided it appropriate to share such opinions here?

It is my hope we can all share ideas and opinions here in conversation but that we may express differences of opinion and opposing ideas without people taking opposition personally and without offence.  It has not been my intention to offend anyone.  But I certainly do disagree with Samuel’s daughter’s opinions as posted!  Samuel’s opinions not so much.

So, Samuel, can you tell us why you refreshed this topic?  What is it about the Document you agree with or disagree with or find interesting?

Bradly ;-)

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Hi, Bradly,
    My sharing corresponds to a feeling and an intuition.
    I do not claim to be right, far from it.
    To form an opinion of this feeling I also published these shares on :

http://forum.urantia.fr/index.php/forum/messagesrecents

As the only reader of the Urantia Book on Reunion Island, the Internet is for me a means of communication and sharing.
    I am not offended Bradly, on the contrary, thank you for your attention and sharing.
    Let us not forget also the language barrier.
    Best regards. :good:
    Samuel

Friendship enhances joys, glorifies the triumphs of life and fidelity is a treasure of the soul.

André
    André
    Participant

:-) … here’s my boy !

Sorry Bradley for my misinterpretation. As Samuel judiciously quote earlier Bernard Weber.

n.b. Thanks to my speech therapist, I stutter less.

André

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Hi, my big brother André,
    It’s late at home, aren’t you in bed yet?
    See you soon. ;-)
    Samuel

Friendship enhances joys, glorifies the triumphs of life and fidelity is a treasure of the soul.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Good morning to all of you,
    To be a little less vague in my conclusion;
    I am not criticizing the “service of diffusion and translation” of the fifth revelation, The Urantia Book.
    In addition, thank you to all the volunteers and generous donors who help us achieve this goal.
    I say that in the brotherhood of believers of the fifth revelation, we can find tools and techniques for ever more fraternal and active service.
    For the progressive and concrete realization of the era of light and life on Earth.
    No doubt it already exists and so much the better!
    To be more and more living and active examples of what we believe.
    For that, there are examples and ideas to be taken everywhere.
    Thank you for your brotherhood. :good:
    Samuel

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Good morning to all of you, To be a little less vague in my conclusion; I am not criticizing the “service of diffusion and translation” of the fifth revelation, The Urantia Book. In addition, thank you to all the volunteers and generous donors who help us achieve this goal. I say that in the brotherhood of believers of the fifth revelation, we can find tools and techniques for ever more fraternal and active service. For the progressive and concrete realization of the era of light and life on Earth. No doubt it already exists and so much the better! To be more and more living and active examples of what we believe. For that, there are examples and ideas to be taken everywhere. Thank you for your brotherhood. Samuel

Yes, there are examples and ideas to be taken everywhere.

92:7.3  The many religions of Urantia are all good to the extent that they bring man to God and bring the realization of the Father to man. It is a fallacy for any group of religionists to conceive of their creed as The Truth; such attitudes bespeak more of theological arrogance than of certainty of faith. There is not a Urantia religion that could not profitably study and assimilate the best of the truths contained in every other faith, for all contain truth. Religionists would do better to borrow the best in their neighbors’ living spiritual faith rather than to denounce the worst in their lingering superstitions and outworn rituals.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Yes, Mara,
    We are not abandoned, there is also the planetary government of the Seraphim, the midwayers and the reserve corps of fate.

“Urantia mortals should not allow the comparative spiritual isolation of their world from certain circuits of the local universe to produce a sense of cosmic desertion or planetary orphanage. There is on the planet a very precise and effective superhuman supervision of world affairs and human destinies.” (The Urantia Book/File 114:7.14, page 1258)

It is a very good subject for study and sharing.

Samuel

Gene
    Participant

Being the only reader of the Urantia revelation on an island inhabited by people mostly of the Bahi faith, introducing people to the book is a challenge.

Im not certain how I would approach it given similar circumstances.

here among Christian majority I have little if any success.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Hello Gene and all of you,

There are approximately 852,924 inhabitants on Reunion Island.

The Bahá’ís (Bahá’í Faith) have been present on Reunion Island since 1953, there are more than a thousand of them.

The history of the main Reunion Island religions is closely linked to the history of the island’s immigrants. The French arrived with Catholicism and brought slaves from animist black Africa. The church of the time allowed slavery on condition that slaves were baptized. The latter therefore found themselves Christians. Then come the Indians and the Chinese, with Taoism, Hinduism and Islam. All these religions coexist, mix and there is no fundamentalism. An inter-religious dialogue group was created in 2000 and testifies to the exchanges that can take place between the different communities.

– number of Catholics: 450,000
    – number of Muslims: 70,000
    – number of Hindus: 30,000
    – number of Protestants: 30,000 (among the Protestants, there are 20,000 members of “salvation and healing” which is the Reunionese branch of the Protestant Pentecostal movement)
    – number of Buddhists: much less but there are some.
    – number of Jews: much less, but there are some.
    – sectarian groups: there are a number of them, but not with a significant number of followers.

( 2003 figures)

If you can translate, check this link:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_%C3%A0_La_R%C3%A9union

With God nothing is impossible!

Samuel

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

“In winning souls for the Master, it is not the first mile of compulsion, duty, or convention that will transform man and his world, but rather the second mile of free service and liberty-loving devotion that betokens the Jesusonian reaching forth to grasp his brother in love and sweep him on under spiritual guidance toward the higher and divine goal of mortal existence. Christianity even now willingly goes the first mile, but mankind languishes and stumbles along in moral darkness because there are so few genuine second-milers—so few professed followers of Jesus who really live and love as he taught his disciples to live and love and serve.” (Le livre d’Urantia/Fascicule 195: 10.5, page 2084)

“If the Christian church would only dare to espouse the Master’s program, thousands of apparently indifferent youths would rush forward to enlist in such a spiritual undertaking, and they would not hesitate to go all the way through with this great adventure.”(Le livre d’Urantia/Fascicule 195:10.10, page 2085)

“Jesus does not require his disciples to believe in him but rather to believe withhim, believe in the reality of the love of God and in full confidence accept the security of the assurance of sonship with the heavenly Father. The Master desires that all his followers should fully share his transcendent faith. Jesus most touchingly challenged his followers, not only to believe what he believed, but also to believe as he believed. This is the full significance of his one supreme requirement, “Follow me.” (Le livre d’Urantia/Fascicule 196: 0.13, 2089)

Great weekend

Samuel

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

“In winning souls for the Master, it is not the first mile of compulsion, duty, or convention that will transform man and his world, but rather the second mile of free service and liberty-loving devotion that betokens the Jesusonian reaching forth to grasp his brother in love and sweep him on under spiritual guidance toward the higher and divine goal of mortal existence. Christianity even now willingly goes the first mile, but mankind languishes and stumbles along in moral darkness because there are so few genuine second-milers—so few professed followers of Jesus who really live and love as he taught his disciples to live and love and serve.” (Le livre d’Urantia/Fascicule 195: 10.5, page 2084)

“If the Christian church would only dare to espouse the Master’s program, thousands of apparently indifferent youths would rush forward to enlist in such a spiritual undertaking, and they would not hesitate to go all the way through with this great adventure.”(Le livre d’Urantia/Fascicule 195:10.10, page 2085)

“Jesus does not require his disciples to believe in him but rather to believe withhim, believe in the reality of the love of God and in full confidence accept the security of the assurance of sonship with the heavenly Father. The Master desires that all his followers should fully share his transcendent faith. Jesus most touchingly challenged his followers, not only to believe what he believed, but also to believe as he believed. This is the full significance of his one supreme requirement, “Follow me.” (Le livre d’Urantia/Fascicule 196: 0.13, 2089)

Great weekend :good: :good:

Samuel

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Service is a great topic.

Still wondering why this particular topic has been refreshed?

We are taught that churches and religion should not be social services organizations or political reform institutions.  Churches and religion and religious experiences always result in certain outcomes of people serving others and becoming effective citizens.

What was “the Master’s program”?  It was not to create a new church I do not think.  It was to transform the each to then deliver global transformation.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

What was “the Master’s program”?

Do you mean, “What IS the Master’s program”?  He’s not dead.  No need to speak of him in the past tense.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Good catch.  My mistake.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 213 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.