The "Document"

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The "Document"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Time to quit whining and get busy!! = ) Bradly

Bradly wrote

But, according to him…it’s time we get busy! Who’s not busy? What does he think others should be doing….now – and again – always obsessed with who is doing what and who’s not?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would appear that this fellow is a long time reader and servant of a well established and extended group of reader – but by my conversations with one of them on another forum it appears this was once the case but no longer. So, Nick got “turned” somehow by someone. When I first read Nick’s Treatise a year ago, I wondered who would even read it, let alone take it seriously…but it seems to have caused some waves in some quarters. When someone who is a long time student suddenly turns to spiritual pride, personal loyalties often lead to difficult choices when new baggage is acquired that smells of rotting fish! Time to find a new companion and friend perhaps. Some people never have credibility and some people lose credibility once acquired. It’s an odd and difficult situation.

You are correct Bradly, that this “Nick” person was turned around by someone else, if not this other person being the actual originator of this document.  Nevertheless, I am of the understanding of who this person is and that the underlying purpose behind the context of this document is primarily to acquire the ability to use the name “Urantia” in their corporate name as “The Urantia Book Foundation” which by this persons admission has been established in a State where copyright’s are less stringently observed as long as it stays within that State.  However, this other person has admitted to being the co-author if not the author of this document and it has been my assumption that as you, Bradly, have mentioned various opinion and similar context used by this person, that you are aware of who this person is.

That being said, it would seem that the events of the past with the segregation of these organizations would indicate that it was mandated that these actions should occur in order to keep The Urantia Book from becoming the focal point of the various so-called mandates which had been presented therein.  Therefore, to even consider this document to have any validity would be to admit that its author, or co-author, (by this I am not referring to this Nick person) has admitted to suffer from schizophrenia, and would seem proud of this diagnosis, enabling the ability to channel the spirit authorities of Urantia and the rest of the entire Grand Universe, as justification for their own mandate as being on a mission from God.

If for no other reason than to discredit this document as being a personal mandate for personal gain, it is only worthy to be placed in file 13, and ignored.

Gene
    Participant

I should post apostle johns from Sedona paper describing his authority, contact and mandate

hes been doing this sort of thing since the early 70’s and has many followers. But it was given to me as n confidence –

The spirit of truth must have been working with me without my awareness with my first exposure to him and the revelation. But the experience separated me from the revelation for more than a decade. Especially after being told about being taken up in spaceships to meet his contacts because transport saraphem couldn’t take him. Koolaide was popular then too because of Jim jones.

Then all alone with the revelation was wonderful and then a forum where I felt a mutual interest existed made things considerably better

id like to believe the Urania students are generally taking one step back but two steps ahead. Things like this are an exercise and won’t go away anytime soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I should post apostle johns from Sedona paper describing his authority, contact and mandate

I’m not sure that the person who you sight above is responsible for this document, however it would seem that “John of Sedona” is an off-shoot of “Gabriel of Sedona” located in the same state, but that person has noted origins from the same State which I mentioned in my previous post.

Nevertheless, there are many web sites which have been sponsored by this “Gabriel of Sedona” where I have been in contact with one of his Web-Masters confirming a multitude of servers for the purpose of soliciting funds.  I also have a copy of a TV networks exposé of this character, who legally was able to get all copies removed from the public venue, which proves his instability and corruption.

Gene
    Participant

I’ve never made a connection between John and Gabriel but that don’t mean much because I had no detective energy.

i know John from San Francisco he had a husband that died not too long ago

both were highly educated, reasonably wealthy and gave up everything, jobs, property, etc in order to do their mandates. Impressive on the surface. It required contributions however.

then later on a ranch in the foothills of the sierra nevadas

Then later in Sedona where I lost track till recently only because I liked the man regardless of what I saw as misdirected energy.

john signed the document as exclusively his, it might even be copywrighted-I need to dig it out and have a look.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Midi!!

No…I have no clue as to the channeler/author and have no reason to believe it is not Nick….but the grammar has changed from a year ago to 6 months ago…it’s improved somewhat….and the actual “message” has changed in form to more directly attribute itself to channeled voices, etc. and gained in its claims of “authority”.

The person who attempted to recruit me….and then vilify me….is also unknown really as I am sure his multiple email addresses and names used in his many messages to me are not attributable due to aliases, multiple ones.  If the initials W.S. mean anything to you, that appears, by my research the most likely name….and I am sure his location is Florida and he has quite an email address “book”.  There were 3-4 of us on UBRON that “made” the “list” and we were blasted personally to this person’s “flock”.  I’ve not blocked him/her/them just for the entertainment value and to keep my scout’s ear to the ground.   Your description does fit however, as does Bonita’s general “diagnosis”.

Gene – so glad you are here Brother…your voice is always so tender and kind and on-point on multiple issues…thank you.

Bonita – yes, I may be contributing to the making of a mountain out of a mole hill.  In this case, though, I ignored the Treatise of a year ago and did not publicize its reception, warnings, demands, or my reply.  But lately, there is an effort by someone to go-public and stir up trouble and old resentments in some.  Unfortunately, IMO, it comes at a time when much progress in unity has been achieved and is at hand and this BS is an unwelcome insertion with unfortunate timing.  But more importantly, the New England group of readers Nick was once a member of and now Benjamin’s study group have been confused and alarmed and upset by this recent effort.

I am done with the specific document now…but for any who feel discombobulated by the general issue of channeling and false claims of sainthood or priestly status and what the Papers teach about that, I am willing to continue or take up the discussion any time.

Thanks to all who have joined in and may yet do so….newer readers/students need access to voices of reason, experience, and scholarship related to the UB and all related issues.  Peace.

Bradly

Gene
    Participant

It is clear enough to me that the Urania revelation at least in this day and age has maximum value for the individual and a church of Urania is not an option.

individuals grow and help their brothers and sisters grow. It’s a slow process that should not be hurried and I believe these channelers mentioned  are trying to short circuit a process for sometimes less than altruistic motivation – repeating history.

Maybe we should have more faith in the Most Highs

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Unfortunately, IMO, it comes at a time when much progress in unity has been achieved and is at hand and this BS is an unwelcome insertion with unfortunate timing.

Well duh!!! When do brats act up the most?  When they’re not getting the attention they want.  If all the attention is going toward something going well, breaking through into the light, the more clamor there is from the dark side.   The better job you do, the louder the screaming to pay attention to the little-tittle over there in the crib of crying babies.  That’s the way it always is and will be for a long time to come – in religion, in politics and in even in your own household sometimes.  The louder they scream, the less it should bother you . . . unless it’s your own kid, then you’ve got work to do. I’m guessing the TUB community is like one of your kids, so you feel like it’s your problem.  I don’t feel that way at all, but people are different, with different talents and different callings.

I was just visiting the Serara Forum.  Found it when looking up Fred F. Harris, Jr., the author of the Correcting Time.  What a load of cow pies!  I see Brooklyn Born is there, and maybe some others from this forum.  I’m telling you, the better you get at doing your business, the crazier the cuckoo crowd gets . . . just sayin’  Hilarious!

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Gene,

Most certainly “more faith in the Most Highs”!  Agree, and more faith in the real Providence, the Father, our Universe Father and Mother and all loyal ones throughout.  I would not recommend or approve any short circuitous efforts by any being less than omniscient.  Have a few mortals here forgotten we are not omniscient?
    Jesus’ life model does not promote or admire any short circuit style—he deferred always to his Father’s will.

Thank you to all who stand guard against fallacious promotions re The Urantia Book Revelation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is clear enough to me that the Urania revelation at least in this day and age has maximum value for the individual and a church of Urania is not an option.

One must take into account that the only reason for there to be a so called “church” or “Religion” based on the Urantia Book, is primarily for tax deferment.  Not to mention that once a “religion” would be established, this would allow individuals to associate as ministers to this religion, thereby obtaining a deferred tax status to any so-called church associated to that religion.  It so happens that the individual who I have aforementioned as a principle to this movement has had IRS issues which are most likely do to mismanagement or public notification of current multiple non-profit corporations established, where donations must be documented, thereby being in violation of tax law.

Therefore, it always seems to boil down to money and profits, which seem to foster power to those who would pray on innocent and vulnerable persons looking to believe and or be a part of something, as they say, out of this world.  It just so happens that the Urantia Book, is prime material for just such deceptive ventures.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Yeah, I had one of those lost souls in my house as an overnight guest back in the early 2000’s. My entire family caught on immediately to the obvious fact that this person was living in LahLah Land. He was genteel and gracious, but full of baloney, and we all could see it without any effort at all. He left disheartened because his talks with me ended up unraveling his line of thinking. Never heard from any of them again. But I swear, I was very nice and listened to everything he said and was truly interested . . . honest . . . no joke. It was just that only a few things he said sounded true, the rest was confused beyond belief. He had a good heart and an honest soul, but a mixed up mind, sorry to say . . . totally twisted around into a pretzel.

Funny Bonita, this sounds like a description of Rexford. You remember him don’t you? Is he still your house guest?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just visiting the Serara Forum. Found it when looking up Fred F. Harris, Jr., the author of the Correcting Time. What a load of cow pies! I see Brooklyn Born is there, and maybe some others from this forum. I’m telling you, the better you get at doing your business, the crazier the cuckoo crowd gets . . . just sayin’ Hilarious!

Remember what they say: “Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.” So, don’t be surprised who you will find on various web forums. As you may already be aware of Bonita.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Funny Bonita, this sounds like a description of Rexford. You remember him don’t you? Is he still your house guest?

Funny you should mention Rexford.  Whatever happened to him?  He was a voice of reason, that’s for sure.  He probably got tired of the bullying over at TB.  You know, the troll lives there . . .

Is who still my house guest?  The  fellow from Florida?  No, he stayed two days on his trip from Florida. He told me he had stop overs with people who were part of, or interested in, the “correcting time” all the way up the east coast.  He was a ski instructor and worked the winter months in the upper northeast.  That was something like 15 or 16 years ago.  He must have stayed with at least a half-dozen or more people along the way, as he explained it.  He was like a nomad, no real home base.  I think Fred gave him work to do in the summer down in Florida and then he acted as his ambassador on his road trips the rest of the year.  Wonder what happened to him.  Can’t be sure I remember his name, but I think it was Michael.  I remember thinking at the time, what a great name for a man with that job.  He was sincere, that I’ll say.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

So, don’t be surprised who you will find on various web forums.

So I’m guessing you’re there too .  Wouldn’t surprise me.  What name are you using there?

Gene
    Participant

Ok, I did find two documents from John. One is copyrighted the other is not

title of other is:

“the following excerps by Machiventa Melchizedek, planetary prince of Urania are an introduction to the autobiography by the apostle John.”

(spell checker caught me and changed introduction to intriguing fiction – how cool is that)

anyway, its 10 pages and not copyrighted so I feel ok about posting it if anyone is interested.

Must learn how to get it from paper to different digital something.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 213 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.