OPAD EPILOGUE

Étiqueté : 

6 sujets de 16 à 21 (sur un total de 21)
  • Auteur
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    nelsong wrote:  Is this the God/man coexistance of a unified personality? Jesus the man from Urantia and Michael a creator Son of God? Or was the quote above talking about Jesus the creator Son of God with Urantia bestowal human experience and his adjuster as a unified personality?

Sorry, I do not understand the question. Michael does not have an Adjuster and Jesus didn’t have an Adjuster after his baptism. Michael is a perfectly unified human and divine personality, a true revelation of the Supreme, a « fusion » of existential-experiential existence.  He did not need to fuse with an Adjuster, like we do, because he already had a pre-existent perfect and divine personality which he became conscious of at his baptism, thus allowing his Adjuster to leave his mind and attain its own personality and selfhood.

137:4.2 Jesus was now thoroughly self-conscious regarding his human existence, his divine pre-existence, and the status of his combined, or fused, human and divine natures. With perfect poise he could at one moment enact the human role or immediately assume the personality prerogatives of the divine nature.

rickb
    Participant

It should be noted several readers said privately they were following and appreciating the daily presentations even if they were not commenting. Still, I’m not certain why active participation fell off so. Maybe the OPAD premise is flawed, it is not practical to have an online text-only study group. More likely the fault is mine. Without intending to I may have over-presented, and somehow made discussion unappealing, not sure. You’re feedback on this or any other aspect of OPAD, positive and/or negative, would be greatly appreciated.

Rick, I was one of these silent followers most of the time. My knowledge and appreciation of the UB was greatly enhanced by your well thought out presentations and added material as well as the responses by the more active participants. I would have to say most of the time either the reading was self-explanatory or that you or other participants addressed questions or issues that I had. I suspect that there were quite a few people like myself that made OPAD a welcome part of their daily routine but did not often actively participate. Like nelsong I intend to revisit OPAD from the beginning, like Mara I wondered what your next project will be and look forward to the TB & G book.  Certainly the contemplation of truth, beauty and goodness has been key in my spiritual life as I suspect it is in many others.  Thank you again for your great work in OPAD.

June
    Participant

I am new to the Urantia Book, having started just a few short weeks ago. I very much like the « One page a day » study where each page can be discussed in depth. Is this still going on, or is everything from OPAD only in the archives?

June

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

As they say in the classics:  « Once again, with feeling! »   ?

Nigel

June
    Participant

What does your reply mean?

Will you be starting OPAD from the beginning of the book? If so, I would like to be a part of this.

June

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi June – Rick’s contribution, of exploring one page per day, was an effort beyond my pint-sized capacity  (file my reply under « whimsy » or « wishful thinking »)  :-)

If someone wants to lead us through again, maybe we could start around Christmas?

Welcome to the forum!

Nigel

6 sujets de 16 à 21 (sur un total de 21)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.