OPAD EPILOGUE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Greetings All,

OPAD began July 20, ’09, and ends today. Papers 175-196 appear on this Forum, but OPAD was started on UAI’s original Invision Forum. All 196 Papers appear there. The old Invision Forum remained open even after this new Forum began, so OPAD could be whole and finished where it began.  Soon the Invision Forum will be archived and available to public view HERE.

Everyday since OPAD’s inception, an examination of each paragraph was made, each sentence, occasionally even a single word from that day’s page was scrutinized. It is the way I always wished to study this revelation, slow, steady, and thorough. And you must be given the credit. Hosting OPAD would have been impractical and illogical without knowing it was serving another, that someone, somewhere on Urantia, was counting on finding a new page posted everyday. Thank you all!

Even though I had read the book several times before OPAD, my understanding of it improved exponentially over the past five years. So often it improved because someone added their perspective and opened a new avenue for thinking about the item at hand. I do wish there had been more of those additions. OPAD became more a blog than a study group after the long initial period of interest and participation. Blogs have their place, but it was not the intention.

It should be noted several readers said privately they were following and appreciating the daily presentations even if they were not commenting. Still, I’m not certain why active participation fell off so. Maybe the OPAD premise is flawed, it is not practical to have an online text-only study group. More likely the fault is mine. Without intending to I may have over-presented, and somehow made discussion unappealing, not sure. You’re feedback on this or any other aspect of OPAD, positive and/or negative, would be greatly appreciated.

But I am certain of my basic knowledge of the UB now, and happily trying to live these supernal teachings, albeit quite imperfectly. And just as OPAD is ending, my next big project has already begun. After my daughter’s untimely death several weeks ago, I’ve become a caregiver for two bright and beautiful young ones, my grandchildren. Such a rich life indeed!

Much love. Rick/OPAD host.

PS. Urantia Foundation must be thanked for preserving and providing the Standardized Text, the Contents, the maps and topical studies. The synopses for each Paper are from Urantia Fellowship, as is the The Urantia Book Paramony. Thanks most of all to Urantia Association for providing the Forums and its staff of willing helpers, counselors, and friends.

Richard E Warren

nelsong
    Participant

Rick
    I’d like to personally thank you for your hard work and dedication to the OPAD project.
    Following it has become a daily routine that I had looked forward to every morning.
    I appreciate you sharing your studies of TUB as part of the project.
    I have learned a great deal from the experience.
    Thank you very much and God bless you and your grandkids.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Rick I’d like to personally thank you for your hard work and dedication to the OPAD project. Following it has become a daily routine that I had looked forward to every morning. I appreciate you sharing your studies of TUB as part of the project. I have learned a great deal from the experience. Thank you very much and God bless you and your grandkids.

Thanks nelsong, much appreciate your interest, your participation. And your gratitude and blessing are a real bonus. Best to you and yours. Let us grow!

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

My friend, thank you.  I have been reading daily since first finding the Forum in early 2013 when you began Part IV and my knowledge and understanding and appreciation for the Revelation has grown and grown, thanks to this marvelous study.  I have come to depend upon it too and will now have to begin with the first post, first day and “catch up” on all that I have missed….can’t wait.

Worry not about your audience…for most of them have yet to even discover this wonderful tool for learning, but this seed is planted firmly in good soil for generations to enjoy.  Frankly, I have always been reluctant to post my comments so that I might not detract from the flow, rhythm, and flavor of such craftsmanship and scholarship.  I have, however, started many forum topics and posted much text and supporting material on the Discussion boards from my studies here.  And my wife and I endlessly discuss issues raised and savor the text with OPAD as a source of living waters and daily bread.

Such purposeful dedication to such a work of love is thrilling to witness and I am inspired to greater efforts to disseminate the Urantia Book to the world by your example.

Peace my brother….and well done my faithful friend.

Bradly Tharp  aka fanofVan  :good:

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote:  Still, I’m not certain why active participation fell off so.

I’d love to know that myself.  It seems to me that many people participate only to argue and you offer nothing to argue about.

Rick Warren wrote: Maybe the OPAD premise is flawed, it is not practical to have an online text-only study group.

The fact that the readers of this forum suffer from some kind of participation paralysis is not your problem.  It’s there’s.

You did a fantastic job Rick.  Don’t start second guessing yourself.  Blogs have their place in a world where there are so few active apostles.  Just sitting back in the easy chair, reading and thinking without contributing and sharing thoughts, is the road of passive discipleship . . . not to be belittled . . .  but not as creative, exciting and new as your work has proven to be.

Thank you for your labor of love, and above all, for your consistency and constancy.  You’ve provided a lasting treasure which reflects the enormous value of your soul.

nelsong
    Participant

Since OPAD remains accessible I will likely restart from the forward tomorrow morning.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

My friend, thank you. I have been reading daily since first finding the Forum in early 2013 when you began Part IV and my knowledge and understanding and appreciation for the Revelation has grown and grown, thanks to this marvelous study. I have come to depend upon it too and will now have to begin with the first post, first day and “catch up” on all that I have missed….can’t wait. Worry not about your audience…for most of them have yet to even discover this wonderful tool for learning, but this seed is planted firmly in good soil for generations to enjoy. Frankly, I have always been reluctant to post my comments so that I might not detract from the flow, rhythm, and flavor of such craftsmanship and scholarship. I have, however, started many forum topics and posted much text and supporting material on the Discussion boards from my studies here. And my wife and I endlessly discuss issues raised and savor the text with OPAD as a source of living waters and daily bread. Such purposeful dedication to such a work of love is thrilling to witness and I am inspired to greater efforts to disseminate the Urantia Book to the world by your example. Peace my brother….and well done my faithful friend. Bradly Tharp aka fanofVan :good:

Count me as one of your fans brother Bradly. Thanks for your many contributions and allusions to OPAD, plus probably 15 other projects you support, work at, care for, and shepherd. We are mutually inspired. Much love to you and your lady, and best of success and energy serving on the ISB.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote: Still, I’m not certain why active participation fell off so.

I’d love to know that myself. It seems to me that many people participate only to argue and you offer nothing to argue about.

Rick Warren wrote: Maybe the OPAD premise is flawed, it is not practical to have an online text-only study group.

The fact that the readers of this forum suffer from some kind of participation paralysis is not your problem. It’s there’s. You did a fantastic job Rick. Don’t start second guessing yourself. Blogs have their place in a world where there are so few active apostles. Just sitting back in the easy chair, reading and thinking without contributing and sharing thoughts, is the road of passive discipleship . . . not to be belittled . . . but not as creative, exciting and new as your work has proven to be. Thank you for your labor of love, and above all, for your consistency and constancy. You’ve provided a lasting treasure which reflects the enormous value of your soul.

Thanks Bonita. From OPAD’s beginning your input has been a guiding light. From the start you installed an editor-in-my-mind. Everyday a Bonita filter helped sidestep sloppiness and avoid creating confusion. Your grasp of the teachings and penchant for perfection were invaluable aids in making the daily presentations. Your presence and presents here have been a boon not to be forgotten. Thanks again.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Since OPAD remains accessible I will likely restart from the forward tomorrow morning.

Soldier on, fellow Grunt! Very gratifying to know OPAD will continue serving. Enjoy the FOREWORD. ;-)

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

.Greetings All,

OPAD began July 20, ’09, and ends today. Papers 175-196 appear on this Forum, but OPAD was started on UAI’s original Invision Forum. All 196 Papers appear there. The old Invision Forum remained open even after this new Forum began, so OPAD could be whole and finished where it began. Soon the Invision Forum will be archived and available to public view HERE.

Dear Rick,

You have rendered a magnificent service to readers by your in-depth study of the book.  I admire you and your work.  OPAD is an opus magnum for readers everywhere.  Truly it is a unique work, demonstrating your love and devotion to the teachings and to the dissemination of the teaching.  Your work is brilliant and illuminating.   Thank you so much!

What is your next project?  I await for your next project to unfold. :good:   :-)   :-)

nelsong
    Participant

(8.3) 0:5.3 On attained experiential levels all personality orders or values are associable and even cocreational. Even God and man can coexist in a unified personality, as is so exquisitely demonstrated in the present status of Christ Michael — Son of Man and Son of God.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More epilogue stuff that seems appropriate to me:

The word “present” cought my attention.

I think Michael retained his Urantia humanity – what do you think?

Interesting this came to us in the Foreward.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I think Michael retained his Urantia humanity – what do you think?

Yes of course.  How else could Michael be a revelation of the Supreme?  How else could the mind of Jesus be of use to us?  How else would the Spirit of Truth labor within our souls to introduce us to the reality of divinity?  Of course he retained the experience of humanity, just as we will retain ours.

128:1.2 Joshua ben Joseph knew full well that he was a man, a mortal man, born of woman. This is shown in the selection of his first title, the Son of Man. He was truly a partaker of flesh and blood, and even now, as he presides in sovereign authority over the destinies of a universe, he still bears among his numerous well-earned titles that of Son of Man. It is literally true that the creative Word – the Creator Son – of the Universal Father was “made flesh and dwelt as a man of the realm on Urantia.” He labored, grew weary, rested, and slept. He hungered and satisfied such cravings with food; he thirsted and quenched his thirst with water. He experienced the full gamut of human feelings and emotions; he was “in all things tested, even as you are,” and he suffered and died.

128:1.5 It is forever and gloriously true: “We have a high ruler who can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities. We have a Sovereign who was in all points tested and tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” And since he himself has suffered, being tested and tried, he is abundantly able to understand and minister to those who are confused and distressed.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Dear Rick,

You have rendered a magnificent service to readers by your in-depth study of the book. I admire you and your work. OPAD is an opus magnum for readers everywhere. Truly it is a unique work, demonstrating your love and devotion to the teachings and to the dissemination of the teaching. Your work is brilliant and illuminating. Thank you so much!

What is your next project? I await for your next project to unfold. :good: :-) :-)

Thank you Mara,

Your contributions, in front of and behind the scenes, are very much appreciated, always steady, focused and wise. Quality and integrity seem to follow you around. Thanks again.

Next, finishing and publishing a book on TB&G in The UB.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I think Michael retained his Urantia humanity – what do you think?

Apparently so nelsong. There’s this curious line in Paper 196, about Jesus STILL being human:

…Throughout his entire experience he was truly both human and divine, even as he yet is…. (2092.1) 196:2.3

Richard E Warren

nelsong
    Participant

For me the idea of how personality fits into this was a little puzzling.

Michael had personality prior to his bestowal, not so for us.

Michael lived a life as a man, went through mortal death and ascended through Morontia etc to become what he is now.

Is this the God/man coexistance of a unified personality? Jesus the man from Urantia and Michael a creator Son of God?

Or was the quote above talking about Jesus the creator Son of God with Urantia bestowal human experience and his adjuster as a unified personality?

Am I getting off track here?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.