MELCHIZEDEK & THE PROPHETS

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions MELCHIZEDEK & THE PROPHETS

15 sujets de 1 à 15 (sur un total de 15)
  • Auteur
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

When Machiventa Melchizedek disincarnated he “…continued to collaborate throughout the nineteen succeeding centuries with the many prophets and seers, thus endeavoring to keep alive the truths of Salem until the fullness of the time for Michael’s appearance on earth.” 93:10.4 (1024.6)

Each prophet and seer taught a different concept of God and by the time Jesus incarnated among the Hebrews, God was seen as a loving person, merciful, and international; at least in the more progressive conceptualizations. Of course, many erroneous ideas of the Universal Father lingered in the religious mosaic of two thousand years ago.

Among the prophets Machiventa worked with there were, in the east, Lao-Tse, Confucius, Gautama Siddhartha, better known as Buddha. In Egypt there were Amenemope and Ikhnaton (aka Akhenaten). In Persia (Iran) Zoroaster presented one of the most advanced ideas of God.

In the Levant, where Jesus was destined to live and teach, there appeared many minor and major prophets, Moses being the most prominent. Then came Samuel, Elijah, Elisha, Amos, Hosea, Isaiah the first, Micah, Obadiah, Jeramiah, and Isaiah the second. Enoch was the first mortal to fuse with his Adjuster while still in the flesh. And the book attributed to Enoch provided Jesus the title “Son of Man.”

So, do you think that the Melchizedeks are still working with humans to develop higher and higher concepts of God? They wrote or oversaw much that is in The Urantia Book. Surely they didn’t just drop the book off and let it do all the work. I expect some great “prophets and seers” will emerge in the wake of our new revelation.

The Midwayers predict as much, saying: “Sooner or later another and greater John the Baptist is due to arise proclaiming “the kingdom of God is at hand”—meaning a return to the high spiritual concept of Jesus, who proclaimed that the kingdom is the will of his heavenly Father dominant and transcendent in the heart of the believer—and doing all this without in any way referring either to the visible church on earth or to the anticipated second coming of Christ.” 170:5:19 (1866.2)

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

When Machiventa Melchizedek disincarnated he “…continued to collaborate throughout the nineteen succeeding centuries with the many prophets and seers, thus endeavoring to keep alive the truths of Salem until the fullness of the time for Michael’s appearance on earth.” 93:10.4 (1024.6)

Machiventa continued to collatorate over the centuries.  He incarnated as an emergency Son to teach the truths of the fatherhood of God to the Bedouin peoples of those times.  He has a vested interest in our world.  I imagine he and the members of his team (seraphim, for example) sought out the most receptive individuals, spiritual thinkers, who were open to evolving truths, as those truths could be imparted to them.  We are blessed to read the rich history of this particular Melchizedek.

So, do you think that the Melchizedeks are still working with humans to develop higher and higher concepts of God? They wrote or oversaw much that is in The Urantia Book. Surely they didn’t just drop the book off and let it do all the work. I expect some great “prophets and seers” will emerge in the wake of our new revelation.

I do not think Melchizedeks are working with humans.  My reason primarily is based on my understanding of the diverse activities they are engaged in as educators, counselers, advisers, administrators, and emergency Sons from Satania HQ and throughout the local universe.  I’ll post references when I have more time.

Remember, the book is going to be around for at least a thousand years.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I’ll post references when I have more time. Remember, the book is going to be around for at least a thousand years.

Thanks Mara!

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Richard E Warren wrote: So, do you think that the Melchizedeks are still working with humans to develop higher and higher concepts of God? They wrote or oversaw much that is in The Urantia Book. Surely they didn’t just drop the book off and let it do all the work. I expect some great “prophets and seers” will emerge in the wake of our new revelation.

After I responded to your question, I looked more deeply into it.  Machiventa served in a special way.  His incarnation was the Third Epochal Revelation on Urantia.  In order to understand the role of other Melchizedeks and to ascertain whether or not they are working with humans going forward, I think it’s important to know what their role has been in the past relative to Urantia.

Machiventa Melchizedek was one of twelve Melchizedeks sent as “receivers” of authority on Urantia after the Caligastia secession and later, after default of Adam and Eve.   These twelve receivers served as temporary custodians on Urantia where default had occurred. (35:4.4 ) The planetary receivers administered the affairs of Urantia a looooong time both before and after Adam and Eve. They knew of Michael’s impending bestowal, but they didn’t know when it would occur. After Adam and Eve, the Melchizedek receivers “ . . . petitioned the Most Highs of Edentia that some provision be made for maintaining the light of truth on Urantia. They were told, “. . .  to uphold truth in the manner of their own election ‘until the arrival of a bestowal Son,’” who “would rescue the planetary titles from forfeiture and uncertainty.” (93:1.2 )

Machiventa (one of the twelve) came here 1,973 years before the birth of Jesus, as an emergency Son. He received a Thought Adjuster and served for ninety-four years. His work was to set the monotheistic stage for the world “. . . for the bestowal of an actual Paradise Son of the one God, whom he so vividly portrayed as the Father of all, and whom he represented to Abraham as a God who would accept man on the simple terms of personal faith. And Michael, when he appeared on earth, confirmed all that Melchizedek had taught concerning the Paradise Father.” (93:3.8)

His mission was to keep alive the truth of the one God and to pave the way for Michael’s bestowal by imparting as much truth as the people of those times could grasp. And so he did. Abraham and the missionaries of the Salem teachings did their best to pass forward those teachings, more or less successfully when you consider the tribal nature of the people of those times and their evolutionary religious proclivities.

Machiventa returned to Jerusem when he disincarnated to rejoin his fellow planetary receivers. His Thought Adjuster departed and he resumed duties. He had a vested interest in keeping alive the light of truth on Urantia and in some manner he collaborated “. . . throughout the nineteen succeeding centuries with the many prophets and seers, thus endeavoring to keep alive the truths of Salem until the fullness of the time for Michael’s appearance on earth.” (93:10.4 )

He continued as one of the planetary receivers up to the times of the triumph of Michael when he became attached to the Urantia service on Jerusem as one of the four and twenty directors. Michael’s bestowal and triumph dramatically changed the administration of Urantia affairs which are still slowly and progressively evolving.

I do not think the Melchizedeks are working with humans now, nor since the bestowal of Michael.   Before his bestowal there was tremendous uncertainty in the affairs of our system, but not now. The destiny of Urantia is settled. The teachings of Jesus will not fail. The future is bright. We just aren’t there yet. I think the Fifth Epochal Revelation will stand to guide the seers and prophets of the future, alongside the regular retinue of celestials and guardians laboring to uplift humanity. Thought Adjusters have been flocking to Urantia since his bestowal. The Spirit of Truth was poured out upon us when he ascended.  The Melchizedeks continue at Satania HQ to teach, advise, examine, counsel, and administer to the inhabitants there and to those who are passing through the morontia regime.  The time of the Melchizedek custodianship of Urantia has passed, Machiventa has a new assignment, and Urantia has a document, The Urantia Book, to elucidate the fascinating information it presents about these and many, many other matters, matters that impinge on this very topic.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks much Mara. Appreciate the second mile effort. The quotes and your reasoning are convincing.

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Among the prophets Machiventa worked with there were, in the east, Lao-Tse, Confucius, Gautama Siddhartha, better known as Buddha. In Egypt there were Amenemope and Ikhnaton (aka Akhenaten). In Persia (Iran) Zoroaster presented one of the most advanced ideas of God.

In the Levant, where Jesus was destined to live and teach, there appeared many minor and major prophets, Moses being the most prominent. Then came Samuel, Elijah, Elisha, Amos, Hosea, Isaiah the first, Micah, Obadiah, Jeramiah, and Isaiah the second. Enoch was the first mortal to fuse with his Adjuster while still in the flesh. And the book attributed to Enoch provided Jesus the title “Son of Man.”

Your comments sparked an interest in the olden phrophets and their historical timeline.  This is wikipedia’s timeline, going back to the Exodus from Egypt.  The dates for Abraham (I found several different references on the web) written by a wiki user says, « It is believed by many that Abraham was born around 2018 BCE, ten generations (350 years) after Noah’s Flood (18 generations after Adam. (Genesis 5:3,6,9,12,15,18,21,25,28+9 Adam to Noah); (Genesis 5:32+Genesis 6:10,12,14,16,18,21,23,24,26 Shem to Abraham) »

Others say he was born around 1,850 BCE.  I’m not sure, but it was before the exodus.  I thought you might be interested in viewing this info which is probably more or less accurate.

Timeline of the Hebrew prophets

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the Exodus[edit]

c.1450-1350 BC(?)[citation needed] the Exodus from Egypt (prophecy of MosesAaron, and Miriam)

the Land of Israel[edit]

c. 1300 –  1250 BC [citation needed]Joshua leads the people

1250 BC–c. 1025 BC[citation needed] Biblical Judges lead the people. (prophecy of Deborah)

During the Kingdom of Israel and Judah[edit]

1025 BC–c. 1003 BC[citation needed] King Saul, prophecy of Samuel

1003 BC–c. 963 BC[citation needed] King David, prophecy of Nathan

963 BC–c. 923 BC[citation needed] King Solomon

923 BC–c. 913 BC[citation needed] King Rehoboam of Judah

922 BC–c. 910 BC[citation needed] King Jeroboam of Israel, prophecy of Ahijah

913 BC–c. 910 BC[citation needed] King Asa of Judah, prophecies of ElijahMicaiah, and Elisha

837 BC–c. 800 BC[citation needed] King Joash of Judah, prophecy of Jonah[1]during the time of Babylonian captivity, though dating of the book ranges from the 6th to the late 3rd century BC.

796 BC–c. 768 BC[citation needed] King Amaziah of Judah, prophecy of AmosHosea

767 BC–c. 754 BC[citation needed] King Uzziah of Judah

740 BC–c. 700 BC[citation needed] prophecy of Isaiah, prophecy of Micah

722 BC[citation needed] Kingdom of Israel falls to Neo-Assyrian Empire

715 BC–c. 687 BC[citation needed] King Hezekiahof Judah, prophecy of Joel(?), prophecy of Nahum

648 BC– c. 609 BC King Josiahof Judah, prophesy of Jeremiahand Book of Deuteronomy

Before and during Exile[edit]

609 BC[citation needed] King Jehoahaz of Judah, 3 Months

608 BC–c. 598 BC[citation needed] King Jehoiakim of Judah

598 BC–c. 597 BC[citation needed] King Jeconiah  of Judah

597 BC–c. 520 BC[citation needed] In Judea: prophecy of ZephaniahJeremiahObadiah, and Habakkuk In Babylon: prophecy of Ezekiel

Post Exile[edit]

c. 530 BC  First view (and traditional one) is that Daniel was written immediately after the Babylonian exile ended and many Jews returned to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. Daniel’s prophetic visions revealed successive empires that would follow, one after the other as well as providing a backdrop of God’s eternal, unshakeable kingdom continuing in spite of the earthly upheaval and power struggles. : Secondary views are that the « prophecy » of Daniel was written during the time of the Seleucid dynasty. Note that in Jewish scripture, Daniel is not considered a prophet and is not included among the prophetic books.[2]

520 BC–c. 411 BC[citation needed] prophecy of HaggiahZechariahJoel(?), Return to the land under Persian rule, and writings of EzraNehemiah Story of Esther

433 BC [?][citation needed] prophecy of Malachi during the times of the Persian Empire

(535 BC: First portion of Ezra; 515 BC: Second portion of Ezra and Haggai and Zecharia; Joel possibly some time later; 474 BC: Esther; 450 BC: Remainder of Ezra, Nehemiah, and Malachi.)

312 BC–c. 63 BC[citation needed] Judah’s subjugation under the Seleucid Empire, During this period Judah became the sovereign nation of Israel: The Maccabean Revolt 167 to 160 BC.

References[edit]

1. ^Anthony R. Ceresko, « Jonah » in New Jerome Biblical Commentary Ed. Raymond E. Brown, Joseph A. Fitzmyer, and Roland E. Murphy. Prentice Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1996. pp. 580-584.
    2. ^Louis F. Hartman and Alexander A. Di Lella, « Daniel » in New Jerome Biblical Commentary Ed. Raymond E. Brown, Joseph A. Fitzmyer, and Roland E. Murphy. Prentice Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1996. pp. 406-420.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks Mara, for digging much deeper. There’s no end to the variations, ambiguities, and uninformed speculations from secular and religious historians.

The author of Paper 93, « a Melchizedek » established a definite time for Machiventa’s arrival, 1,973 years before the birth of Jesus. Since he was born in 7 BC, that means it has been exactly 4000 years since Mach incarnated. Evidently, though the UB authors don’t give a date, Moses came along about 500 years later.

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Evidently, though the UB authors don’t give a date, Moses came along about 500 years later.

That would calculate to +/- 1473 BCE as the time of Moses.  It is curious to me that it was almost a thousand years after Moses that the tradition of creation was actually written out.  That would be around the year +/- 473 BCE.  Does this seem right to you?

74:8.10   Jewish tradition became crystallized about Moses, and because he endeavored to trace the lineage of Abraham back to Adam, the Jews assumed that Adam was the first of all mankind. Yahweh was the creator, and since Adam was supposed to be the first man, he must have made the world just prior to making Adam. And then the tradition of Adam’s six days got woven into the story, with the result that almost a thousand years after Moses’ sojourn on earth the tradition of creation in six days was written out and subsequently credited to him.
    74:8.11   When the Jewish priests returned to Jerusalem, they had already completed the writing of their narrative of the beginning of things. Soon they made claims that this recital was a recently discovered story of creation written by Moses. But the contemporary Hebrews of around 500 B.C. did not consider these writings to be divine revelations; they looked upon them much as later peoples regard mythological narratives.
    74:8.12   This spurious document, reputed to be the teachings of Moses, was brought to the attention of Ptolemy, the Greek king of Egypt, who had it translated into Greek by a commission of seventy scholars for his new library at Alexandria. And so this account found its place among those writings which subsequently became a part of the later collections of the « sacred scriptures » of the Hebrew and Christian religions. And through identification with these theological systems, such concepts for a long time profoundly influenced the philosophy of many Occidental peoples.
    Additionally,
    96:5.2  There is so little on record of the great work of Moses because the Hebrews had no written language at the time of the exodus. The record of the times and doings of Moses was derived from the traditions extant more than one thousand years after the death of the great leader.
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Evidently, though the UB authors don’t give a date, Moses came along about 500 years later.

That would calculate to +/- 1473 BCE as the time of Moses. It is curious to me that it was almost a thousand years after Moses that the tradition of creation was actually written out. That would be around the year +/- 473 BCE. Does this seem right to you?

It does appear to line up with the quotes you provided.

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

That would calculate to +/- 1473 BCE as the time of Moses.  It is curious to me that it was almost a thousand years after Moses that the tradition of creation was actually written out.  That would be around the year +/- 473 BCE.

I looked all over for the dates of the Jewish exile in Babylon, because apparently they began writing down their version of their history while they were there.  I found some secular info on wikipedia, as follows:

wikipedia

The Babylonian captivity or Babylonian exile is the period in Jewish history during which a number of people from the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylon, the capital of the Neo-Babylonian Empire.

After the Battle of Carchemish in 605 BCE, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon besieged Jerusalem, resulting in tribute being paid by King Jehoiakim.[1] Jehoiakim refused to pay tribute in Nebuchadnezzar’s fourth year, which led to another siege in Nebuchadnezzar’s seventh year, culminating with the death of Jehoiakim and the exile to Babylonia of King Jeconiah, his court and many others; Jeconiah’s successor Zedekiah and others were exiled in Nebuchadnezzar’s 18th year; a later deportation occurred in Nebuchadnezzar’s 23rd year. The dates, numbers of deportations, and numbers of deportees given in the biblical accounts vary.[2] These deportations are dated to 597 BCE for the first, with others dated at 587/586 BCE, and 582/581 BCE respectively.[3]

After the fall of Babylon to the Persian king Cyrus the Great in 539 BCE, exiled Judeans were permitted to return to Judah.[4][5] According to the biblical book of Ezra, construction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem began around 537 BCE. All these events are considered significant in Jewish history and culture, and had a far-reaching impact on the development of Judaism.

Archaeological studies have revealed that, although Jerusalem was utterly destroyed, other parts of Judah continued to be inhabited during the period of the exile. Most of the exiles did not return to their homeland, instead travelling westward and northward. Many settled in what is now northern Israel, Lebanon, and Syria. Some Iraqi, Iranian, and Georgian natives today trace their ancestry back to these exiles. [6] [7]

Maybe I’m geting too much into the weeds re this history. I’d like to see the context of the prophets – the timeline.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Maybe I’m geting too much into the weeds re this history. I’d like to see the context of the prophets – the timeline.

Yeah, me too. Paper 94 on roughs out the timeline, mostly without specific dates/years. Reckon the authors wanted us to probe the « weeds? »

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Richard E Warren wrote:  Reckon the authors wanted us to probe the “weeds?”

Maybe, but as you say, « There’s no end to the variations, ambiguities, and uninformed speculations from secular and religious historians. »  Wiki says there were three deportations of Hebrews to Babylon from 597 to 581 B.C.  Almost a thousand years after Moses the tradition of creation was actually written out. That would be around the year +/- 473 B.C.  my estimate.

93:9.6   The teaching of Melchizedek was full and replete, but the records of these days seemed impossible and fantastic to the later Hebrew priests, although many had some understanding of these transactions, at least up to the times of the en masse editing of the Old Testament records in Babylon.

According to wiki, they were permitted to return home: « After the fall of Babylon to the Persian king Cyrus the Great in 539 BCE, exiled Judeans were permitted to return to Judah.[4][5]

But they had already edited the Old Testament records in Babylon some sixty-six years later (+/- 473 B.C. ) my estimate, than what wiki reports.  The UB reports:

74:8.11   When the Jewish priests returned to Jerusalem, they had already completed the writing of their narrative of the beginning of things. Soon they made claims that this recital was a recently discovered story of creation written by Moses. But the contemporary Hebrews of around 500 B.C. did not consider these writings to be divine revelations; they looked upon them much as later peoples regard mythological narratives.

74:8.7   The Old Testament account of creation dates from long after the time of Moses; he never taught the Hebrews such a distorted story. But he did present a simple and condensed narrative of creation to the Israelites, hoping thereby to augment his appeal to worship the Creator, the Universal Father, whom he called the Lord God of Israel.

95:1.10   It was the Salem missionaries of the period following the rejection of their teaching who wrote many of the Old Testament Psalms, inscribing them on stone, where later-day Hebrew priests found them during the captivity and subsequently incorporated them among the collection of hymns ascribed to Jewish authorship. These beautiful psalms from Babylon were not written in the temples of Bel-Marduk; they were the work of the descendants of the earlier Salem missionaries, and they are a striking contrast to the magical conglomerations of the Babylonian priests. The Book of Job is a fairly good reflection of the teachings of the Salem school at Kish and throughout Mesopotamia.

Have archeologists found those inscribed stones?

George Park
    Participant

Richard: Thanks for bringing up this interesting discussion about Machiventa. I suspect the Melchizedeks are still working to elevate the concept of God. Upon the default of Adam and Eve, the Melchizedek receivers returned to Urantia. (51:3.5)

Mara: Thanks for « getting into the weeds » on aspects of the Salem teachings which became incorporated in the Old Testament.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Have archeologists found those inscribed stones?

Haven’t heard of it, Mara. Wish they could!

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Richard: Thanks for bringing up this interesting discussion about Machiventa. I suspect the Melchizedeks are still working to elevate the concept of God. Upon the default of Adam and Eve, the Melchizedek receivers returned to Urantia. (51:3.5) Mara: Thanks for “getting into the weeds” on aspects of the Salem teachings which became incorporated in the Old Testament.

Thanks for the reply, George. We agree about continuing ministry. I can’t see them dropping the revelation then not following up.

Richard E Warren

15 sujets de 1 à 15 (sur un total de 15)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.