2019 International Study Day

Home Forums Online Urantia Book Study Groups International Study Days 2019 International Study Day

15 sujets de 61 à 75 (sur un total de 92)
  • Auteur
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Would you share a few words for our global audience on who exactly the Holy Spirit is, in relation to the Infinite Spirit. That oughta hold our attention in suspenders.

There’s not much to say on that Rick, but if you like. The Creative Spirit is one of many Daughters of the Infinite Spirit. A Creative Spirit and a Creator Son partner to create a local universe. Our local universe is called Nebadon. The Creator Son of our local universe we know as Jesus, or Michael. His partner, the Creative Spirit, is responsible for many things in her universe, but related to this discussion is her responsibility for mind ministry. After providing the spark of life to an inhabited planet she then sends seven impersonal adjutant circuits which attempt to make contact with living material organisms in order to provide mind ministry for the purpose of evolutionary progress. When all seven adjutants make contact in a particular animal species, that animal is called a human being and is immediately given a higher mind ministry called the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit, an additional circuit provided by the Creative Spirit, is different from the adjutants in that it is a personal, spiritual mind circuit, whereas the adjutants are impersonal, material mind circuits. The Holy Spirit is the first supermaterial mind ministry experienced by human beings and provides the ability to recognize spiritual ministry, also known as insight (the ability to “see” spirit). It is her gift to the soul. Of course we can’t actually “see” spirit, spirit is felt, and what we feel is a personality presence, which the Holy Spirit provides. And since Pentecost, the Holy Spirit also assists us in the ability to “see” or feel the presence of other Spirit presences within the soul, namely the Spirit of Truth and the Thought Adjuster. Now I could reproduce dozens and dozens of quotes, but I don’t want to. I wrote a treatise on the Holy Spirit and the Soul once where I supplied many quotes, but the whole thing was an exercise in futility. I learned a lot but was unable to share what I learned in a fruitful manner. So feel free to ignore anything I say on the subject. And thank you so much Rick for doing a truly inspirational job on this year’s International Study Day. It’s been a lot of fun and very helpful.

Just what I was hoping for. Thanks once again, Bonita.

This may be the end of this year’s ISD study of the relationship of the Mind God to the universe, but the comments will remain here on this sub-forum for the remainder of eternity, along with the previous years, available for review, additional comments, and personal insights.

Richard E Warren

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Rick – thank you for helping us explore the « Relation of the Infinite Spirit to the Universe« .

My imagination simply gives up (fails!) when I try to consider the depth of activities and range of responsibilities of this 3rd Source and Center. To think of every worthwhile thought ever thunk, somehow acknowledged and reverberating in his awareness; how our Local Universe Divine Mins bridges the impossible gulf between our tiny responses to her adjutant urges and His loving glance from Paradise, thrilled by another baby smiling back!

Imagine when more folks discover that this universe is really a family affair.

And Bonita, as always, thank you for the depth and timing of your thoughts. I wonder… to help launch us into deeper depths, in the same spirit as Rick’s request for your thoughts about the Holy Spirit, some of us are currently discussing the role of the Holy Spirit in « making possible the human soul ».

Any thoughts?

Nigel

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Any thoughts?

Let’s just say that without the Holy Spirit you could never have a soul, or soul consciousness , nor could you have a Thought Adjuster or the Spirit of Truth or begin the work of conquering the psychic circles of mind attunement to divinity.  The Holy Spirit is the most vital minister to your dual mind and yet the most neglected and least understood.  Sorry to say.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I’m with Nigel, tell me more… Maybe I once knew that the HS was personal, as opposed to the largely impersonal adjutants. Anyway, thanks for the reminder. Now save me from having to dig it out, in what span does our HS serve, post-adjutant across morontia land to where the Cosmic Mind takes over going past Salvington?

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Here’s a great quote that explains the relationship of the Holy Spirit to our evolving morontia soul/mind.  I’m curious what you think of the last sentence.

42:10.5 3. Evolving morontia minds — the expanding consciousness of evolving personalities in the local universe ascending careers. This is the bestowal of the local universe Mother Spirit in liaison with the Creator Son. This mind level connotes the organization of the morontia type of life vehicle, a synthesis of the material and the spiritual which is effected by the Morontia Power Supervisors of a local universe. Morontia mind functions differentially in response to the 570 levels of morontia life, disclosing increasing associative capacity with the cosmic mind on the higher levels of attainment. This is the evolutionary course of mortal creatures, but mind of a nonmorontia order is also bestowed by a Universe Son and a Universe Spirit upon the nonmorontia children of the local creations.

From the same paper and section there are outlined four ascending orders of mind  beginning with pre-adjutant mind, adjutant mind, evolving morontia mind and cosmic mind.  Where do you think the soul is in this scheme?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    Sidenote on mind duality, no, not schizophrenia.

…The Holy Spirit is the most vital minister to your dual mind and yet the most neglected and least understood. Sorry to say.

For those of us who don’t recall (like me, let’s see-nile) the exact meaning of ‘dual mind’, there’s this paragraph:

110:2.6 (1205.4) To the extent that this identity [Adjuster] is realized, you are mentally approaching the morontia order of existence. Morontia mind is a term signifying the substance and sum total of the co-operating minds of diversely material and spiritual natures. Morontia intellect, therefore, connotes a dual mind in the local universe dominated by one will. And with mortals this is a will, human in origin, which is becoming divine through man’s identification of the human mind with the mindedness of God.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Here’s a great quote that explains the relationship of the Holy Spirit to our evolving morontia soul/mind. I’m curious what you think of the last sentence.

42:10.5 3. Evolving morontia minds — the expanding consciousness of evolving personalities in the local universe ascending careers. This is the bestowal of the local universe Mother Spirit in liaison with the Creator Son. This mind level connotes the organization of the morontia type of life vehicle, a synthesis of the material and the spiritual which is effected by the Morontia Power Supervisors of a local universe. Morontia mind functions differentially in response to the 570 levels of morontia life, disclosing increasing associative capacity with the cosmic mind on the higher levels of attainment. This is the evolutionary course of mortal creatures, but mind of a nonmorontia order is also bestowed by a Universe Son and a Universe Spirit upon the nonmorontia children of the local creations.

Hmm… So, you’re pointing to the fact of yet another form of local universe mindery (new portmanteau word, mind-mystery, copyright!)?

From the same paper and section there are outlined four ascending orders of mind beginning with pre-adjutant mind, adjutant mind, evolving morontia mind and cosmic mind. Where do you think the soul is in this scheme?

Not sure if you meant that question for Nigel or me. I know the answer, but will humbly defer to Dr Nunn.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Hmm… So, you’re pointing to the fact of yet another form of local universe mindery (new portmanteau word, mind-mystery, copyright!)?

No, there’s just the four minderies.  The first two make up one of our minds, the other two make up the other mind. The goal is to shift identity from #1 mind to #2 mind. The neat thing about mindery levels 3 & 4 (evolving morontia and cosmic minderies)  is that they provide the potential for infinite expansion all the way up to the Seven Master Spirits, the source of cosmic mind in the universes of time and space.

Here’s a nice quote about learning how to use mind #2.  It has to do with power-personality synthesis. :-)

110:2.6 To the extent that this identity is realized, you are mentally approaching the morontia order of existence. Morontia mind is a term signifying the substance and sum total of the co-operating minds of diversely material and spiritual natures. Morontia intellect, therefore, connotes a dual mind in the local universe dominated by one will. And with mortals this is a will, human in origin, which is becoming divine through man’s identification of the human mind with the mindedness of God.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Not sure if you meant that question for Nigel or me. I know the answer, but will humbly defer to Dr Nunn.

You never know when Dr. Nunn will answer a question so go at it.  And what do you think about the last sentence of  42:10.5? – the bit about nonmorontia children whom they both provide minds to?  What have you read about the Creator Son providing a mindery?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

You never know when Dr. Nunn will answer a question so go at it.

I’m pretty sure the answer is, the Morontia level, the soul not being very active in this life.

And what do you think about the last sentence of 42:10.5? – the bit about nonmorontia children whom they both provide minds to? What have you read about the Creator Son providing a mindery?

Interesting! So there’s some crossover in mind creation/distribution between Creative Spirit and Creative Son. Have you found other data about the Son providing mind?

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the answer is, the Morontia level, the soul not being very active in this life.

Exactly right in the first part of the sentence and not so right in the second half of the sentence.  The soul is morontia substance and it does evolve.  It’s not adjutant or pre-adjutant, so it’s gotta be in the third category of mind systems, evolving morontia minds.  But as you say, we are not morontia beings, we’re material beings with two minds.  One mind is material adjutant mind, the other is evolving morontia soul mind.

As to the second half of your sentence, recall that the morontia soul cannot function in the material world, nor can it participate in the material mind without assistance from the overlapping ministry of the supermind (Holy Spirit).

111:3.2 During the life in the flesh the evolving soul is enabled to reinforce the supermaterial decisions of the mortal mind. The soul, being supermaterial, does not of itself function on the material level of human experience. Neither can this subspiritual soul, without the collaboration of some spirit of Deity, such as the Adjuster, function above the morontia level. Neither does the soul make final decisions until death or translation divorces it from material association with the mortal mind except when and as this material mind delegates such authority freely and willingly to such a morontia soul of associated function. During life the mortal will, the personality power of decision-choice, is resident in the material mind circuits; as terrestrial mortal growth proceeds, this self, with its priceless powers of choice, becomes increasingly identified with the emerging morontia-soul entity; after death and following the mansion world resurrection, the human personality is completely identified with the morontia self. The soul is thus the embryo of the future morontia vehicle of personality identity.

Interesting! So there’s some crossover in mind creation/distribution between Creative Spirit and Creative Son. Have you found other data about the Son providing mind?

Didn’t we just discuss the mind of Jesus?  That’s a mindery, right?  And how about the mindery of spiritual philosophy?  Do you think all that is happening in mind #1 or mind #2?

101.3.2  Faith-insight, or spiritual intuition, is the endowment of the cosmic mind in association with the Thought Adjuster, which is the Father’s gift to man. Spiritual reason, soul intelligence, is the endowment of the Holy Spirit, the Creative Spirit’s gift to man. Spiritual philosophy, the wisdom of spirit realities, is the endowment of the Spirit of Truth, the combined gift of the bestowal Sons to the children of men. And the co-ordination and interassociation of these spirit endowments constitute man a spirit personality in potential destiny.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

…As to the second half of your sentence, recall that the morontia soul cannot function in the material world, nor can it participate in the material mind without assistance from the overlapping ministry of the supermind (Holy Spirit).

111:3.2 During the life in the flesh the evolving soul is enabled to reinforce the supermaterial decisions of the mortal mind. The soul, being supermaterial, does not of itself function on the material level of human experience. Neither can this subspiritual soul, without the collaboration of some spirit of Deity, such as the Adjuster, function above the morontia level. Neither does the soul make final decisions until death or translation divorces it from material association with the mortal mind except when and as this material mind delegates such authority freely and willingly to such a morontia soul of associated function. During life the mortal will, the personality power of decision-choice, is resident in the material mind circuits; as terrestrial mortal growth proceeds, this self, with its priceless powers of choice, becomes increasingly identified with the emerging morontia-soul entity; after death and following the mansion world resurrection, the human personality is completely identified with the morontia self. The soul is thus the embryo of the future morontia vehicle of personality identity.

Must note the word « delegates. » We need to accede to proceed :-)  

Didn’t we just discuss the mind of Jesus? That’s a mindery, right? And how about the mindery of spiritual philosophy? Do you think all that is happening in mind #1 or mind #2?

Yeah, but does that really imply mind bestowal? Only addition, eh?

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Yes, in addition to the Holy Spirit’s mindery.  The Holy Spirit provides soul consciousness and intelligence, and her consort, the Spirit of Truth, provides interpretive meanings, or spiritual philosophy (mota).  Don’t forget that the Spirit of Truth cannot live in souls without the Holy Spirit.  If it wasn’t for her he could only be in one soul at a time, and that would not be good. And not only that, without her, you wouldn’t have a mind #2 (soul) to think about all that emerging mota stuff, or be conscious of the mind of Jesus, for that matter.

We are the nonmorontia children who are learning how to become morontia-order beings by using mind #2, which the Holy Spirit provides and the Spirit of Truth enriches.  Our mind #2 is just beginning its premorntial career, so quote 42:10.5 refers to the soul as a mind of nonmorontia order – meaning in existence before the morontia mansion worlds.

Note in 110:6.21 the soul, mind #2, matures by going through seven psychic circles as a premorontia, or nonmorontia, experience.  When the personality reaches the first circle mind #2 evolves further toward the morontia level.  This level is primarily a combined ministry of the Holy Spirit and the cosmic mind.  (The Holy Spirit is a superadjutant endowment of the Creative Spirit.)

110:6.21 The seven circles embrace mortal experience extending from the highest purely animal level to the lowest actual contactual morontia level of self-consciousness as a personality experience. The mastery of the first cosmic circle signalizes the attainment of premorontia mortal maturity and marks the termination of the conjoint ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits as an exclusive influence of mind action in the human personality. Beyond the first circle, mind becomes increasingly akin to the intelligence of the morontia stage of evolution, the conjoined ministry of the cosmic mind and the superadjutant endowment of the Creative Spirit of a local universe.

Let me know if I’m losing you.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Yes, in addition to the Holy Spirit’s mindery. The Holy Spirit provides soul consciousness and intelligence, and her consort, the Spirit of Truth, provides interpretive meanings, or spiritual philosophy (mota). Don’t forget that the Spirit of Truth cannot live in souls without the Holy Spirit. If it wasn’t for her he could only be in one soul at a time, and that would not be good. And not only that, without her, you wouldn’t have a mind #2 (soul) to think about all that emerging mota stuff, or be conscious of the mind of Jesus, for that matter. We are the nonmorontia children who are learning how to become morontia-order beings by using mind #2, which the Holy Spirit provides and the Spirit of Truth enriches. Our mind #2 is just beginning its premorntial career, so quote 42:10.5 refers to the soul as a mind of nonmorontia order – meaning in existence before the morontia mansion worlds. Note in 110:6.21 the soul, mind #2, matures by going through seven psychic circles as a premorontia, or nonmorontia, experience. When the personality reaches the first circle mind #2 evolves further toward the morontia level. This level is primarily a combined ministry of the Holy Spirit and the cosmic mind. (The Holy Spirit is a superadjutant endowment of the Creative Spirit.)

110:6.21 The seven circles embrace mortal experience extending from the highest purely animal level to the lowest actual contactual morontia level of self-consciousness as a personality experience. The mastery of the first cosmic circle signalizes the attainment of premorontia mortal maturity and marks the termination of the conjoint ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits as an exclusive influence of mind action in the human personality. Beyond the first circle, mind becomes increasingly akin to the intelligence of the morontia stage of evolution, the conjoined ministry of the cosmic mind and the superadjutant endowment of the Creative Spirit of a local universe.

Let me know if I’m losing you.

Oh, don’t worry, I enjoy being lost. Then being led back into the promised land of truth and understanding where revelation lives. And there’s so much ripe revelation to choose from, yummy.

Reading your reply I was struck with the conscious realization of the validity of the concept of the evolution of our mind(s). Hey, lettuce grow, as the gardeners day.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Note to self, one more definition: …The mind is a personal-energy system existing around a divine spirit nucleus and functioning in a material environment. 12:9.6

Richard E Warren

15 sujets de 61 à 75 (sur un total de 92)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.