2019 International Study Day

Home Forums Online Urantia Book Study Groups International Study Days 2019 International Study Day

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Now this is a weighty subject :) Remember the first time your read the words, “mind gravity”. It’s a new concept for our itty-bitty brains. Evidently thoughts have pull.

I think it’s important to point out that not all thoughts have pull. Only thoughts with vital meanings and intellectual value have pull, in other words, thoughts that ping with reality.

Hmm…so evil thoughts don’t have their own special malevolent pulling power? Ultimately unreal, of course.

115:6.1 The triodity of actuality continues to function directly in the post-Havona epochs; Paradise gravity grasps the basic units of material existence, the spirit gravity of the Eternal Son operates directly upon the fundamental values of spirit existence, and the mind gravity of the Conjoint Actor unerringly clutches all vital meanings of intellectual existence. 14:2.8 Likewise does the Infinite Spirit draw all intellectual values Paradiseward. Throughout the central universe the mind gravity of the Infinite Spirit functions in liaison with the spirit gravity of the Eternal Son, and these together constitute the combined urge of the ascendant souls to find God, to attain Deity, to achieve Paradise, and to know the Father.

I think the last quote is informative in that the urge for the soul to ascend has a dual source within it, the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Truth, the representatives of the Infinite Spirit and Eternal Son living within our souls. Which brings me to this statement of yours:

Astonishing as it seems, the Infinite Spirit is in every head in the universe: …he maintains a personal and perfect contact with all these physical, morontial, and spiritual creatures of mind endowment in the far-flung universes.

OK, don’t panic but I’m gonna bust ya again. You’re theoretically right but technically a little bit wrong. The Infinite Spirit cannot live inside your head like the Father fragment. The Infinite Spirit, and also the Eternal Son, have to be down-stepped to live in your head. The Infinite Spirit is in contact with all creatures of mind endowment but only indirectly through his Daughters, and directly through those thoughts which respond to mind gravity because they are so vitally real and valuable they make it all the way to Paradise.

Ok, semi-busted I’ll accept. But I conceptualize the Son and Spirit as all pervasive, and tho they are admittedly downstepped, I’m not certain we may detach them. Seems like the Spirit of Truth and the Adjutants are at least with me, if not a spiritually organic part.

And this (intended) catchphrase has potential to get me fully busted. Would you say this is a proper statement, pedagogically? ‘Mind is everywhere, and brain is merely the access device.’

30:1.101 The fragmentations of the premind spirit of the Third Source and Center, though hardly comparable to the Father fragments, should be here recorded. Such entities differ very greatly from Adjusters; they do not as such dwell on Spiritington, nor do they as such traverse the mind-gravity circuits; neither do they indwell mortal creatures during the life in the flesh. They are not prepersonal in the sense that the Adjusters are, but such fragments of premind spirit are bestowed upon certain of the surviving mortals, and fusion therewith constitutes them Spirit-fused mortals in contradistinction to Adjuster-fused mortals. 56:3.5 The mortal mind is the creation of the Sons and Daughters of the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit and, when fused with the Thought Adjuster from the Father, partakes of the threefold spirit endowment of the evolutionary realms.

So we got gravity pulling us in diverse directions.

I think it’s only one direction, no? Paradise? I know there are a lot of confused folks in the world who are lost directionally, meaning they haven’t recognized reality sufficiently to respond to one of these gravity circuits which would lead them home. They’re still trying to get to from DC to Philly through Mangolia with a side-trip to the Galapagos, oh look! a squirrel!!

Ha! It was misleading, unless you include physical gravity, it’s gettin’ me down. Ever wonder if the mystics really can use their minds to levitate? It’s a source of anti-gravity, let’s can it and sell it. On the faith aisle.  

Richard E Warren

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Rick wrote:

“Now this is a weighty subject  :-)    Remember the first time your read the words, “mind gravity”. It’s a new concept for our itty-bitty brains. Evidently thoughts have pull.”

Indeed, and I’ll get back to that. But first, a brief reversion to matters more material:

Previously, regarding antigravity, Rick Warren wrote:

“Hey, the author gives us the formula for creating anti-gravity: “equal force balance”. Alright, glad we solved that.”

Ok, but a few twists remain in this anti-gravity tale. From (9:3.3)

“Antigravity can annul gravity within a local frame; it does so by the exercise of equal force presence. It operates only with reference to material gravity, and it is not the action of mind.”  (9:3.3)

To a physicist reading this in 1934 (after paper 9 was written, and by which time Einstein’s idea about gravity was well known), such “antigravity” would have implied somehow “uncurving” the curvature imposed on space by material energy-mass.

But in paper 11:8 we read that “Space is nonresponsive to gravity, […]“.  And even curiouser, the Urantia Book describes two quite different types of material gravity: (1) absolute or Paradise gravity, and (2) linear gravity.

(1) Paradise gravity does not appear until <ultimatons> have been organized by (Paradise) Force Organizers,
    (2) linear gravity does not appear until clusters of ultimatons have been arranged as leptons and quarks (e.g. as found in normal “atomic” matter).

So annulling gravity within a local frame implies (1) uncurving the curvature, and (2) reversing the attraction between ultimatonic matter.

“Space is nonresponsive to gravity, but it acts as an equilibrant on gravity. Without the space cushion, explosive action would jerk surrounding space bodies. Pervaded space also exerts an antigravity influence upon physical or linear gravity; space can actually neutralize such gravity action even though it cannot delay it. Absolute gravity is Paradise gravity. Local or linear gravity pertains to the electrical stage of energy or matter; it operates within the central, super-, and outer universes, wherever suitable materialization has taken place.” (11:8.3)

Also, can’t help but notice how section 9.3 finishes with a Bang Big enough to thrill even those jaded native cosmologists who’ve grown tired of the increasingly bizarre ideas nowadays tolerated at cosmology conferences:

“Paradise is the pattern of infinity; the God of Action is the activator of that pattern. Paradise is the material fulcrum of infinity; the agencies of the Third Source and Center are the levers of intelligence which motivate the material level and inject spontaneity into the mechanism of the physical creation.”  (9:3.8)

the material fulcrum of infinity“; “the levers of intelligence

Now THAT’S how to thrill a sophisticated, 21st century soul  :-)

Nigel

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    Thanks much Nigel, I think…

…annulling gravity within a local frame implies (1) uncurving the curvature, and (2) reversing the attraction between ultimatonic matter.

So a car jack and reverse engineering wouldn’t be useful in recreating antigrav cars? Seriously tho, have you managed to work out how to begin to formulate the ‘discovery’ and use of antigravity. If so, there are astronautical engineers world-over who would like to hear it. There wasting a lot of precious (it’s so rare) hydrogen to overcome gravity.

Also, can’t help but notice how section 9.3 finishes with a Bang Big enough to thrill even those jaded native cosmologists who’ve grown tired of the increasingly bizarre ideas nowadays tolerated at cosmology conferences:

“Paradise is the pattern of infinity; the God of Action is the activator of that pattern. Paradise is the material fulcrum of infinity; the agencies of the Third Source and Center are the levers of intelligence which motivate the material level and inject spontaneity into the mechanism of the physical creation.” (9:3.8)

A ‘Big Bang’? You do know astrophysicists have a humorless Vulcan-like reputation to uphold?

the material fulcrum of infinity“; “the levers of intelligence” Now that’s how to thrill a sophisticated, 21st century soul :-) Nigel

You are a cosmic epicurean. Thanks for the tantalizing appetizers.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I was hoping to hear back from Rita before moving on. Will wait another hour and then post Section 7.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Ok, semi-busted I’ll accept. But I conceptualize the Son and Spirit as all pervasive, and tho they are admittedly downstepped, I’m not certain we may detach them. Seems like the Spirit of Truth and the Adjutants are at least with me, if not a spiritually organic part.

And so is the Holy Spirit.  Why does everyone forget about her?  I can’t figure it out.  Anyway, the adjutants minister to your material mind and the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Spirit minister to your supermaterial mind – your other mind.  If you have a soul you can’t detach the Holy Spirit, you can only ignore her.  She is only partly dependent upon your mental attitude which is why the soul, once it’s born, begins to grow in and of itself.  But you can detach the Spirit of Truth.  He knocks but not everyone opens the door and so he is limited in function based upon mental attitude.  It’s not surprising that Jesus taught those four faith attitudes, huh?

34:5.5 Though the Spirit of Truth is poured out upon all flesh, this spirit of the Son is almost wholly limited in function and power by man’s personal reception of that which constitutes the sum and substance of the mission of the bestowal Son. The Holy Spirit is partly independent of human attitude and partially conditioned by the decisions and co-operation of the will of man. Nevertheless, the ministry of the Holy Spirit becomes increasingly effective in the sanctification and spiritualization of the inner life of those mortals who the more fully obey the divine leadings.

And this (intended) catchphrase has potential to get me fully busted. Would you say this is a proper statement, pedagogically? ‘Mind is everywhere, and brain is merely the access device.’

Ehhh.  Hmmm.  How boring do you want me to get? I mean there’s an answer and then there’s an ANSWER.  If you want the mini-answer, then I’d change the phrase to “Mind is everywhere but can be individualized, and the brain serves as the material mechanism for mind’s engagement.”  Just to be clear, the brain doesn’t access mind, mind accesses, or makes contact with the brain. If you want the mega-answer I’ll elaborate, but you’ll lose your audience for sure.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

And so is the Holy Spirit. Why does everyone forget about her? I can’t figure it out. Anyway, the adjutants minister to your material mind and the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Spirit minister to your supermaterial mind – your other mind. If you have a soul you can’t detach the Holy Spirit, you can only ignore her. She is only partly dependent upon your mental attitude which is why the soul, once it’s born, begins to grow in and of itself. But you can detach the Spirit of Truth. He knocks but not everyone opens the door and so he is limited in function based upon mental attitude. It’s not surprising that Jesus taught those four faith attitudes, huh?

34:5.5 Though the Spirit of Truth is poured out upon all flesh, this spirit of the Son is almost wholly limited in function and power by man’s personal reception of that which constitutes the sum and substance of the mission of the bestowal Son. The Holy Spirit is partly independent of human attitude and partially conditioned by the decisions and co-operation of the will of man. Nevertheless, the ministry of the Holy Spirit becomes increasingly effective in the sanctification and spiritualization of the inner life of those mortals who the more fully obey the divine leadings.

Ehhh. Hmmm. How boring do you want me to get? I mean there’s an answer and then there’s an ANSWER. If you want the mini-answer, then I’d change the phrase to “Mind is everywhere but can be individualized, and the brain serves as the material mechanism for mind’s engagement.” Just to be clear, the brain doesn’t access mind, mind accesses, or makes contact with the brain. If you want the mega-answer I’ll elaborate, but you’ll lose your audience for sure.

That’s good enough, thank you. Would you share a few words for our global audience on who exactly the Holy Spirit is, in relation to the Infinite Spirit. That oughta hold our attention in suspenders.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

7. Universe Reflectivity

9:7.1 (105.1) The Conjoint Actor is able to co-ordinate all levels of universe actuality in such manner as to make possible the simultaneous recognition of the mental, the material, and the spiritual. This is the phenomenon of universe reflectivity, that unique and inexplicable power to see, hear, sense, and know all things as they transpire throughout a superuniverse, and to focalize, by reflectivity, all this information and knowledge at any desired point. The action of reflectivity is shown in perfection on each of the headquarters worlds of the seven superuniverses. It is also operative throughout all sectors of the superuniverses and within the boundaries of the local universes. Reflectivity finally focalizes on Paradise.

9:7.2 (105.2) The phenomenon of reflectivity, as it is disclosed on the superuniverse headquarters worlds in the amazing performances of the reflective personalities there stationed, represents the most complex interassociation of all phases of existence to be found in all creation. Lines of spirit can be traced back to the Son, physical energy to Paradise, and mind to the Third Source; but in the extraordinary phenomenon of universe reflectivity there is a unique and exceptional unification of all three, so associated as to enable the universe rulers to know about remote conditions instantaneously, simultaneously with their occurrence.

9:7.3 (105.3) Much of the technique of reflectivity we comprehend, but there are many phases which truly baffle us. We know that the Conjoint Actor is the universe center of the mind circuit, that he is the ancestor of the cosmic mind, and that cosmic mind operates under the dominance of the absolute mind gravity of the Third Source and Center. We know further that the circuits of the cosmic mind influence the intellectual levels of all known existence; they contain the universal space reports, and just as certainly they focus in the Seven Master Spirits and converge in the Third Source and Center.

9:7.4 (105.4) The relationship between the finite cosmic mind and the divine absolute mind appears to be evolving in the experiential mind of the Supreme. We are taught that, in the dawn of time, this experiential mind was bestowed upon the Supreme by the Infinite Spirit, and we conjecture that certain features of the phenomenon of reflectivity can be accounted for only by postulating the activity of the Supreme Mind. If the Supreme is not concerned in reflectivity, we are at a loss to explain the intricate transactions and unerring operations of this consciousness of the cosmos.

9:7.5 (105.5) Reflectivity appears to be omniscience within the limits of the experiential finite and may represent the emergence of the presence-consciousness of the Supreme Being. If this assumption is true, then the utilization of reflectivity in any of its phases is equivalent to partial contact with the consciousness of the Supreme.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Holy communications, agondonters! This reflectivity thing is like an intelligence internet for all of time and space, no?!

…This is the phenomenon of universe reflectivity, that unique and inexplicable power to see, hear, sense, and know all things as they transpire throughout a superuniverse.

Another definition:

…the most complex interassociation of all phases of existence to be found in all creation.

And it took all three members of the Trinity to boot it up!

…the extraordinary phenomenon of universe reflectivity there is a unique and exceptional unification of all three….

Exceptional even.

We gotta figure out how to tune in to this station:

…they contain the universal space reports…

I’m guessing we will eventually have access to universe reflectivity services, maybe after the rebellion is settled and quarantine lifted. That’ll be the day, won’t it? A bulletin goes out over the Reflectivity InterWeb to every world in the seventh superuniverse, Havona, and Paradise, that Urantia is finally and officially out of the hospital.

So the author closes Section 7 musing about whether the Supreme Being is in on reflectivity. Duh! I affectionately chide the author. I have mercy credits to spare.

There is much, much more on the Supreme Being’s origin, history, toward the end of Part 3:

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

There’s at least one other aspect of the UB teachings on mind that belongs in this study of the God of Mind, involving another of those quotes readers never forget, probably because this one’s specifically about the minds of we Urantia agondonters:

…Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well. 48:6.26 (553.7)

Ten years ago, Bonita posted this on the old UAI Forum (which is still open for view-only HERE):

“We are told we can exchange our mind for the mind of Jesus. This does not mean that we imagine what Jesus might think in a similar situation, we can actually KNOW. Exchange means trading in our ego/human mind for his divine/human mind. It is not a guessing game; there is no mystery; it does not require special formulaic, mystical practices or bargaining. He is always there to serve as the living Truth whenever we ask. You must however, humbly invite him into your heart and put aside your ego-mind, like a child, and allow his humanly experienced divine mind to speak. Then of course there’s the listening part, which so few know how to do because of impatience, stubbornness, fear, mistrust and an inability to really believe that it is possible. It requires an acceptance of smallness and a willingness to trust all aspects of one’s mind to him; you cannot swap only pieces of your mind which you, in the spirit of ego-control, pick and choose. It also requires a real relationship, a sincere desire to fellowship with Jesus and a wholehearted faith in his reality.”

Sounds right to this student. Anything to add or subtract, maestra Bonita?

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Sounds right to this student. Anything to add or subtract, maestra Bonita?

Wow, did I write that?  Don’t even remember it but I still stand by it.  All I have to add is from personal experience.  I just love the mind of Jesus, it’s a deeply philosophical yet intimately personal mind which is so kind and gentle . . . well anyway, all I can say is that he only provides your mind with what you sincerely desire and he decides what you need to know, how you will know it and when you will know it.  You just have to abandon all preconceived ideas of what Jesus is thinking and let him do his own work as the Spirit of Truth in your higher mind. And that’s the key, it happens in the soul, not the adjutant mind. And it’s not about channeling the mind of Jesus either, that’s a no-no.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

8. Personalities of the Infinite Spirit

(105.6) 9:8.1 The Infinite Spirit possesses full power to transmit many of his powers and prerogatives to his co-ordinate and subordinate personalities and agencies.

(105.7) 9:8.2 The first Deity-creating act of the Infinite Spirit, functioning apart from the Trinity but in some unrevealed association with the Father and the Son, personalized in the existence of the Seven Master Spirits of Paradise, the distributors of the Infinite Spirit to the universes.

(106.1) 9:8.3 There is no direct representative of the Third Source and Center on the headquarters of a superuniverse. Each of these seven creations is dependent on one of the Master Spirits of Paradise, who acts through the seven Reflective Spirits situated at the capital of the superuniverse.

(106.2) 9:8.4 The next and continuing creative act of the Infinite Spirit is disclosed, from time to time, in the production of the Creative Spirits. Every time the Universal Father and the Eternal Son become parent to a Creator Son, the Infinite Spirit becomes ancestor to a local universe Creative Spirit who becomes the close associate of that Creator Son in all subsequent universe experience.

(106.3) 9:8.5 Just as it is necessary to distinguish between the Eternal Son and the Creator Sons, so it is necessary to differentiate between the Infinite Spirit and the Creative Spirits, the local universe co-ordinates of the Creator Sons. What the Infinite Spirit is to the total creation, a Creative Spirit is to a local universe.

(106.4) 9:8.6 The Third Source and Center is represented in the grand universe by a vast array of ministering spirits, messengers, teachers, adjudicators, helpers, and advisers, together with supervisors of certain circuits of physical, morontial, and spiritual nature. Not all of these beings are personalities in the strict meaning of the term. Personality of the finite-creature variety is characterized by:

(106.5) 9:8.7 1. Subjective self-consciousness.

(106.6) 9:8.8 2. Objective response to the Father’s personality circuit.

(106.7) 9:8.9 There are creator personalities and creature personalities, and in addition to these two fundamental types there are personalities of the Third Source and Center, beings who are personal to the Infinite Spirit, but who are not unqualifiedly personal to creature beings. These Third Source personalities are not a part of the Father’s personality circuit. First Source personality and Third Source personality are mutually contactable; all personality is contactable.

(106.8) 9:8.10 The Father bestows personality by his personal free will. Why he does so we can only conjecture; how he does so we do not know. Neither do we know why the Third Source bestows non-Father personality, but this the Infinite Spirit does in his own behalf, in creative conjunction with the Eternal Son and in numerous ways unknown to you. The Infinite Spirit can also act for the Father in the bestowal of First Source personality.

(106.9) 9:8.11 There are numerous types of Third Source personalities. The Infinite Spirit bestows Third Source personality upon numerous groups who are not included in the Father’s personality circuit, such as certain of the power directors. Likewise does the Infinite Spirit treat as personalities numerous groups of beings, such as the Creative Spirits, who are in a class by themselves in their relations to encircuited creatures of the Father.

(106.10) 9:8.12 Both First Source and Third Source personalities are endowed with all and more than man associates with the concept of personality; they have minds embracing memory, reason, judgment, creative imagination, idea association, decision, choice, and numerous additional powers of intellect wholly unknown to mortals. With few exceptions the orders revealed to you possess form and distinct individuality; they are real beings. A majority of them are visible to all orders of spirit existence.

(107.1) 9:8.13 Even you will be able to see your spiritual associates of the lower orders as soon as you are delivered from the limited vision of your present material eyes and have been endowed with a morontia form with its enlarged sensitivity to the reality of spiritual things.

(107.2) 9:8.14 The functional family of the Third Source and Center, as it is revealed in these narratives, falls into three great groups:

(107.3) 9:8.15 I. The Supreme Spirits. A group of composite origin that embraces, among others, the following orders:

(107.4) 9:8.16 1. The Seven Master Spirits of Paradise.

(107.5) 9:8.17 2. The Reflective Spirits of the Superuniverses.

(107.6) 9:8.18 3. The Creative Spirits of the Local Universes.

(107.7) 9:8.19 II. The Power Directors. A group of control creatures and agencies that function throughout all organized space.

(107.8) 9:8.20 III. The Personalities of the Infinite Spirit. This designation does not necessarily imply that these beings are Third Source personalities though some of them are unique as will creatures. They are usually grouped in three major classifications:

(107.9) 9:8.21 1. The Higher Personalities of the Infinite Spirit.

(107.10) 9:8.22 2. The Messenger Hosts of Space.

(107.11) 9:8.23 3. The Ministering Spirits of Time.

(107.12) 9:8.24 These groups serve on Paradise, in the central or residential universe, in the superuniverses, and they embrace orders that function in the local universes, even to the constellations, systems, and planets.

(107.13) 9:8.25 The spirit personalities of the vast family of the Divine and Infinite Spirit are forever dedicated to the service of the ministry of the love of God and the mercy of the Son to all the intelligent creatures of the evolutionary worlds of time and space. These spirit beings constitute the living ladder whereby mortal man climbs from chaos to glory.

(107.14) 9:8.26 [Revealed on Urantia by a Divine Counselor of Uversa commissioned by the Ancients of Days to portray the nature and work of the Infinite Spirit.]

Richard E Warren

Rita Schaad
    Rita Schaad
    Participant

thanks Rick for wanting to wait on my reply – but I need time to digest…

Dear Bonita – this is more than I hoped for and will answer many questions – and add some more as well. But it will give me plenty to work with. Rather than being muddy, the waters are deep and reflecting whatever light they can catch :-)!

You found some great quotes to go along with your thoughts. As always – you are a marvel!
    That spilling over of mind capacity into the Soul is a relieving thought. It is never the Mind alone that services us, there is for ever a cooperation of forces and powers making it all happen. And as what goes for Minds/Individuals in circumstantial distress – the gift of Faith that one is at all times ’embraced by the Father’ – the most benevolent of Creators – is a saving grace indeed.

We also remembered the line of using the mind of Jesus at difficult cross road moments, like  your thoughts about it very much Bonita. I find as well, the handing over to the spirit of Truth will yield good advise and when followed up increases that faith-trust for a notch or two. Although, each Faith leap is a fresh challenge and new experience.
    Thanks Mark for bringing Faith into out heavy thinking.

When reading the reflectivity section this thought came to mind.
    Could you say, that Reflectivity allows the Supreme to be self conscious?

9:7.4 (105.4) The relationship between the finite cosmic mind and the divine absolute mind appears to be evolving in the experiential mind of the Supreme. We are taught that, in the dawn of time, this experiential mind was bestowed upon the Supreme by the Infinite Spirit, and we conjecture that certain features of the phenomenon of reflectivity can be accounted for only by postulating the activity of the Supreme Mind. If the Supreme is not concerned in reflectivity, we are at a loss to explain the intricate transactions and unerring operations of this consciousness of the cosmos.

Nigel , good to see  you here as well and

its so refreshing to read you all and find the witty bits planted here and there -intelligent humor is a sparkling bangle on the infinite Spirit.

cheers for now – Rita

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

In reply to Bonita, Rick wrote:

“Would you share a few words for our global audience on who exactly the Holy Spirit is, in relation to the Infinite Spirit. That oughta hold our attention in suspenders.”

While looking forward to such a treat, thought I’d slip in a quick response to what Rita wrote:

[Rita] …but there is this one line that puzzles,

“Mind, on Urantia, is a compromise between the essence of thought perfection and the evolving mentality of your immature human nature… ” (9:5.6)

About such “a compromise“:  At one end of the spectrum, we have the “thought perfection” of the Infinite Spirit. At the opposite end of that same spectrum, we have humans attempting to orchestrate the “rhythmic pulsations” (117:5.7) of the adjutant level of consciousness of the local universe variant of the Orvonton projection that same Infinite Spirit. So I guess it’s not surprising that such “thought perfection” is somewhat diluted by the time it reverberates (as those “rhythmic pulsations”) in human intellect:

“[…]. In the mortal experience the human intellect resides in the rhythmic pulsations of the adjutant mind-spirits and effects its decisions within the arena produced by encircuitment within this ministry.” (117:5.7)

Now, back in (9:5.4),

“The reality of the Conjoint Creator is disclosed imperfectly in the very existence of human mind. The Conjoint Creator is the ancestor of the cosmic mind, and the mind of man is an individualized circuit, an impersonal portion, of that cosmic mind as it is bestowed in a local universe by a Creative Daughter of the Third Source and Center.” (9:5.4)

Clearly, the phenomenon of human mind has a true connection with the Source and Center of mind. But in (9:4.2) we read that:

“The insight of spirit transcends, supervenes, and theoretically antedates the consciousness of mind.” (9:4.2)

Which got me thinking about the difference between true “insight“, and “thinking about that insight“.

In 101:6.4 (copied below), they introduce an idea: that mere juggling of concepts in memory (“protoplasmic memory material“) is a “primitive form of creature consciousness“. This more or less mechanical (kaleidoscopic) rearrangement of concepts, determined by the mechanical capacity of the brain, sounds like the sort of “machine intelligence” (AI) that is currently worming its way into commerce, and even scientific research.

But (9:4.2) got me wondering: if the “insight of spirit” can come before our (personal, free-will) mind starts to “think about that insight”, then this highlights a surprising difference. A difference between the motivating insights mediated by the adjutant mind spirits, vs. the more mechanical rearrangements that our brain (or artificial neural nets) can perform, with regard to those insights.

Here’s that quote from (101:6.4),

“The evolutionary type of knowledge is but the accumulation of protoplasmic memory material; this is the most primitive form of creature consciousness. Wisdom embraces the ideas formulated from protoplasmic memory in process of association and recombination, […] ” (101:6.4)

Wisdom, the coordinating climax of our motivating adjutant intellect, can be directed to act upon what our thunking brains “discover, recognize, interpret, …” (196:3.10).  But of course, we the Person have to do the essential next step: “… and choose“.

One more thought about insight: at the level of (personal free-will) human mind, “insight” (whether from cosmic or adjutant mind) seems intended to “motivate” and color the sort of thinking that our brains have a capacity to do.

And once provoked into such thinking by adjutant urges, we become exposed to those “Lures of Maturity”  (160:3.0)  :good:

Nigel

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks everyone for making it an enlightening study, and a fun run on revelation. May the Divine Mind be with us all as we cease resisting the four-fold gravity pull of Paradise and the Trinity. The third member of the Trinity will be the easiest to recognize and embrace they say. What a day that will be in the eternal life of an Angondonter, eh?  But today, when I think of thinking, I’ll be pondering the indispensable endowment of the Mind God, without whom we would be thoughtless, spiritless, and unable to act on will.

Maybe this quote is appropriate to close out this year’s International Study Day on the God who provides the ability to think and act, consequently choose, or reject, God the Father and God the Son:

…At first life was a struggle for existence; now, for a standard of living; next it will be for quality of thinking, the coming earthly goal of human existence…. 81:6.28 (910.1)

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Would you share a few words for our global audience on who exactly the Holy Spirit is, in relation to the Infinite Spirit. That oughta hold our attention in suspenders.

There’s not much to say on that Rick, but if you like.  The Creative Spirit is one of many Daughters of the Infinite Spirit.  A Creative Spirit and a Creator Son partner to create a local universe.  Our local universe is called Nebadon.  The Creator Son of our local universe we know as Jesus, or Michael.  His partner, the Creative Spirit, is responsible for many things in her universe, but related to this discussion is her responsibility for mind ministry. After providing the spark of life to an inhabited planet she then sends seven impersonal adjutant circuits which attempt to make contact with living material organisms in order to provide mind ministry for the purpose of evolutionary progress.  When all seven adjutants make contact in a particular animal species, that animal is called a human being and is immediately given a higher mind ministry called the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit, an additional circuit provided by the Creative Spirit, is different from the adjutants in that it is a personal, spiritual mind circuit, whereas the adjutants are impersonal, material mind circuits.  The Holy Spirit is the first supermaterial  mind ministry experienced by human beings and provides the ability to recognize spiritual ministry, also known as insight (the ability to “see” spirit). It is her gift to the soul.  Of course we can’t actually “see” spirit, spirit is felt, and what we feel is a personality presence, which the Holy Spirit provides.  And since Pentecost, the Holy Spirit also assists us in the ability to “see” or feel the presence of other Spirit presences within the soul, namely the Spirit of Truth and the Thought Adjuster.

Now I could reproduce dozens and dozens of quotes, but I don’t want to.  I wrote a treatise on the Holy Spirit and the Soul once where I supplied many quotes, but the whole thing was an exercise in futility.  I learned a lot but was unable to share what I learned in a fruitful manner. So feel free to ignore anything I say on the subject.

And thank you so much Rick for doing a truly inspirational job on this year’s International Study Day.  It’s been a lot of fun and very helpful.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.