The Melchizedek Visit – 1000 AD

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Melchizedek Visit – 1000 AD

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Moderator-2

I think this is an opportune time to remind everyone about the Forum rules:

• Be kind, fair, respectful and courteous at all times.
    • Please abide by the purpose of this Forum which is dedicated to the in-depth study of The Urantia Book and the dissemination of its teachings.
    • Personal attacks, foul language, or any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws are not permitted.
    • The Association’s Policy on Channeling applies to this Forum.
    • Solicitation of funds for organizations other than Urantia Association International or Urantia Foundation must be submitted to the Association’s Central Office for review and approval before posting.
    • Participants are subject to a 3-strike policy regarding misconduct. First, a private warning; second a 30-day ban from the forum; third infraction within a year may result in loss of participation.

I have written a personal note to namelessuntilfused explaining the Association’s policy regarding the promotion of channeling activity.

I think it is important to mention that rule violations are not common on the Forum. For the vast bulk of the time, relationships between participants are friendly, collaborative, and respectful.

Moderator 2

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thank you…..and thank you for removing the link to the fraudulent purveyors of mediumship and priesthood who only contradict and distort the Revelation and confuse students by deceitful manipulation.

:good:

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Thank you Moderator 2. I was thinking of posting a reminder to “nameless” this Forum is gifted to discuss The Urantia Book and to help each other understand what the revelators intend to convey. We are not here to discuss what is posted on other forums or any other doctrine from any groups.

The person I want to follow is Jesus whom we know has earned and granted final authority in this Nebadon universe, not any other doctrine or personality. It is he who has granted his Spirit of Truth to help us recognize truth and to help with conviction of truth. It is he who listed his 11 Fruits of the Spirit. For me it is those 11, which if they grow within us, we may trust as evidence of actual spiritual growth. It is those 11 we ought to shine forth in this Forum. Let’s keep the Forum clean!

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Nameless wrote:

“Are you trying to say that Personality DIRECTS the evolution of life by utilizing the Gravity Circuits that are measurable (quality and quantity) and therefore the Personality Gravity circuit is free from being changed by the quality and quantity fluctuations of imperfection being perfected in the time space universe…?”

Interesting notion!  Actually, I was thinking more about how we (unique and irreplaceable) baby persons surf the evolutionary achievements (material, mindal, spiritual) made possible by this time dependent “grand universe” age;  that it is the Trinity (via “God the Sevenfold”, Foreword 2.16) that “… DIRECTS the evolution of life by… ” utilizing what you said;  and that it all depends on Michaels’s success in “doing his Father’s will”.  Recall 32:2.8:

“And then, when such a universe has been so completely organized and so repletely manned, does the Creator Son enter into the Father’s proposal to create mortal man in their divine image.” (32:2.8, 359.5)

Before Michael and his Divine Mins dared attempt this “Phenomenon of Man“, they spent hundreds of billions of years setting up their patch of space, raising their own family, and training them in the business of raising humans,

“And then, when such a universe has been so COMPLETELY organized and so REPLETELY manned…”

Why so much preparation? Why such lavish expense setting up an entire local universe for this business of making man in the image of Michael and his Father? As I understand it, this business of his Father has to do with personalizing his Father’s Adjusters via the human technique. Which of course implies all the drama of spinning up planets, evolving animals, nurturing human societies…

Nameless wrote:

“What do the Melchizedeks care about?”

My guess is that — as Michael’s eldest children — the job of his Melchizedeks is first to edjumacate their younger siblings (especially the Lanonandeks) and then to make sure that no constellation, system or world gets left behind as Nebadon progresses towards evolutionary perfection.

Nameless wrote:

“Who am I? Why am I?”

As I understand this revelation (92:4.9), YOU are “a moment of opportunity”.  A moment of opportunity for a (unique and irreplaceable) personalized Adjuster to emerge from this womb of space and time into the necessary absonite adventure en route to emergence into our Father’s absolute domain as a seven dimensional wonder (112:1.9, 130:7.7).

Which would explain why your guardian seraphim look at you with awe and wonder: they see the jewel in your lotus.

thanks for being here,
    Nigel

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Nigel – WOW!  What a brilliant person.  Such insight into universe realities!

“The Phenomenon of Man (Le phénomène humain) is an essay by the French geologist, paleontologist, philosopher, and Jesuit priest Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. In this work, Teilhard describes evolution as a process that leads to increasing complexity, culminating in the unification of consciousness. The text was written in the 1930s, but it achieved publication only posthumously, in 1955.

In depth, the work seeks to unify multiple scientific fields, as per the author’s multidisciplinary approach in his own career, with the principles of religion and broader human understandings of existence into a coherent whole. Centering upon biological evolution, Chardin articulates a vision of the universe itself as gradually increasing in complexity and unity from early chaos into ever greater oneness. Drawing upon his devout Christianity, the author argues for a morally idealistic understanding of human nature through which social advancement under the watchful eye of God will eventually lead to a total reconciliation of all things and a final state of absolute collective consciousness, which Chardin titled the “Omega Point”. Thus, history’s final state will take place such that all of the creatures of the universe exist together with Jesus Christ as the “Logos” or sacred “Word”.

The book was initially published to scathing reviews by scientists. The Roman Catholic Church as an institution also distanced itself from Chardin’s viewpoints. However, more recent commentary by religious figures such as Pope Benedict XVI have been supportive. Positive reviews have also appeared from popular press such as The New York Times.”

Neither Urantia science or religions (scientists & theologians) recognize, generally speaking anyway, that evolution is an intentional and purposeful and functional and progressive cause and effect cycle throughout the material universe.  It is not chaotic or haphazard or merely biological.  It is also social…and spiritual….generationally transmitted by the current of time.  But it is also beyond planetary and is universal and includes even the creators and deity and celestials in meaningful ways – the perfect and perfected do also benefit by that and those who are perfecting.  Progress is a force for as well as the result of perfecting by experience and the application of progressive experiential wisdom!!

Light and Life is not a goal.  It is the inevitable destiny of God’s plan and purpose and power in time and in action.  There is increasing reality mass and evolutionary momentum which results in an increasing stability of the evolutionary realities and the accelerating actualization of potential into reality itself.  There is evermore reality creating evermore potential, all of which is a reflection of integration and harmonization of that growing reality or realization of prior potential.

Progressive actualization of potential results in new functionality and expressions of that experience and greater and perfecting function!  Our personal “opportunity” is participation in learning and growing and doing and becoming and perfecting by this wondrous evolutionary and experiential expression of being and living and choosing and adjusting in a personal contribution to the totality of its universal aggregation of causes and effects!

Chaos is truly only a perception of reality but never is reality chaotic.  However, there is a progressive result of evolution that does deliver a more identifiable trajectory of ever increasing predictability to those who participate in this grand adventure!   There are inevitabilities which define and reflect ultimate outcomes of the perfecting and experiential results in time.  Thus the value of the “time unit” perspective that perceives the totality of creation and the process and plan of experientially perfecting evolution.

Per the topic here….Machiventa has certainly contributed to that progressive inevitability here on Urantia!

Or so I understand the teachings of the Revelation!

Thank you for being here!

:good:

Hi Moderator 2!

Thanks for the “rules” at this rodeo site of non-first-timers.

To an objective third party, as I would like to think I am since I never heard about the Melchizedeks before reading the UB, I stated the obvious – the “belief” systems spawned over time about “who/why” Melchizedek are held in common by the folk who carry that history.

So the disagreements are “operational”?  I called them “loons”, affectionately, does that sound like an “promotion” of their channeling operations?!

Dating Game Rules -I want to ask contestant “Moderator 2” – are you human?

Just asking sincerely because what may be obvious to my human mind – seven adjutant spirits – is not available to you.

Also, found another glitch on this dusty forum, the final reply version is not what gets posted sometimes, it’s the version right before that….and I see now that posting links is a technical problem for this site, so no worries…

Hi Nigel!

Thanks for sharing your questions:

“Why so much preparation? Why such lavish expense setting up an entire local universe for this business of making man in the image of Michael and his Father?”

If I may bottom-line the answer to your burning philosophical questions ;-) that I found in the UB, Part 1….All of eternity is because God was lonely in his perfection – “only a person can love and be loved”….

I would feel “used” in a transactional relationship if this was NOT my choice to be a part of the eternal with God – Nigel wrote – “….As I understand this revelation (92:4.9), YOU are “a moment of opportunity”.  A moment of opportunity for a (unique and irreplaceable) personalized Adjuster to emerge from this womb of space and time into the necessary absonite adventure en route to emergence into our Father’s absolute domain as a seven dimensional wonder…”.

Hi Mark!

Always some mirth among the imperfect – I misread your comment THIS way:

“….Thank you Moderator 2. I was thinking of posting a reminder to “nameless” this Forum is grifted to discuss….”

ahahah

My 7 adjutant spirit mind learned a lot about my own adjuster, much of what could have happened won’t because “doing the undoable” – short-circuiting time – triggers the time penalty caused by iniquity.

that is found in UB – Paper 108 – Section 3 – Organization and Administration – “,,,,,It is interesting to note that local universe inspectors always address themselves, when carrying out a planetary examination, to the planetary chief of Thought Adjusters, just as they deliver charges to the chiefs of seraphim and to the leaders of other orders of beings attached to the administration of an evolving world. Not long since, Urantia underwent such a periodic inspection by Tabamantia, the sovereign supervisor of all life-experiment planets in the universe of Nebadon. And the records reveal that, in addition to his admonitions and indictments delivered to the various chiefs of superhuman personalities, he also delivered the following acknowledgment to the chief of Adjusters, whether located on the planet, on Salvington, Uversa, or Divinington, we do not definitely know, but he said:

“Now to you, superiors far above me, I come as one placed in temporary authority over the experimental planetary series; and I come to express admiration and profound respect for this magnificent group of celestial ministers, the Mystery Monitors, who have volunteered to serve on this irregular sphere. No matter how trying the crises, you never falter. Not on the records of Nebadon nor before the commissions of Orvonton has there ever been offered an indictment of a divine Adjuster. You have been true to your trusts; you have been divinely faithful. You have helped to adjust the mistakes and to compensate for the shortcomings of all who labor on this confused planet. You are marvelous beings, guardians of the good in the souls of this backward realm. I pay you respect even while you are apparently under my jurisdiction as volunteer ministers. I bow before you in humble recognition of your exquisite unselfishness, your understanding ministry, and your impartial devotion. You deserve the name of the Godlike servers of the mortal inhabitants of this strife-torn, grief-stricken, and disease-afflicted world. I honor you! I all but worship you!”

Melchizedek isn’t the only one coming around to see how things are progressing in the Spiritual Kingdom….

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

What’s a “time penalty”?

How is time “short circuited”?

I think the point is that the undoable cannot be done.  The evolutionary demands of time cannot be short circuited.  The hope and impatient attempt was foolish and impossible.

Are you familiar with the mortal’s dual mindedness?  The soul is also morontia mind and is not connected to the mortal adjutant mind circuit.

Morontia mind (soul) is aware of material/adjutant mind but not so much the other way.

All mortals everywhere are in our first rodeo on the planets of origin.  All unfused mortals are but the tadpoles of time.

So is Moderator 2 by the way.

And there’s only one rodeo…for most it lasts for eternity.  It begins here but the adventure is forevermore.

;-)

1:3.6 (25.6) In the universes God the Father is, in potential, the overcontroller of matter, mind, and spirit. Only by means of his far-flung personality circuit does God deal directly with the personalities of his vast creation of will creatures, but he is contactable (outside of Paradise) only in the presences of his fragmented entities, the will of God abroad in the universes. This Paradise spirit that indwells the minds of the mortals of time and there fosters the evolution of the immortal soul of the surviving creature is of the nature and divinity of the Universal Father. But the minds of such evolutionary creatures originate in the local universes and must gain divine perfection by achieving those experiential transformations of spiritual attainment which are the inevitable result of a creature’s choosing to do the will of the Father in heaven.

1:3.7 (26.1) In the inner experience of man, mind is joined to matter. Such material-linked minds cannot survive mortal death. The technique of survival is embraced in those adjustments of the human will and those transformations in the mortal mind whereby such a God-conscious intellect gradually becomes spirit taught and eventually spirit led. This evolution of the human mind from matter association to spirit union results in the transmutation of the potentially spirit phases of the mortal mind into the morontia realities of the immortal soul. Mortal mind subservient to matter is destined to become increasingly material and consequently to suffer eventual personality extinction; mind yielded to spirit is destined to become increasingly spiritual and ultimately to achieve oneness with the surviving and guiding divine spirit and in this way to attain survival and eternity of personality existence.

2. Nature of the Soul

111:2.1 (1217.5) Throughout the mind functions of cosmic intelligence, the totality of mind is dominant over the parts of intellectual function. Mind, in its essence, is functional unity; therefore does mind never fail to manifest this constitutive unity, even when hampered and hindered by the unwise actions and choices of a misguided self. And this unity of mind invariably seeks for spirit co-ordination on all levels of its association with selves of will dignity and ascension prerogatives.

111:2.2 (1217.6) The material mind of mortal man is the cosmic loom that carries the morontia fabrics on which the indwelling Thought Adjuster threads the spirit patterns of a universe character of enduring values and divine meanings—a surviving soul of ultimate destiny and unending career, a potential finaliter.

111:2.3 (1218.1) The human personality is identified with mind and spirit held together in functional relationship by life in a material body. This functioning relationship of such mind and spirit does not result in some combination of the qualities or attributes of mind and spirit but rather in an entirely new, original, and unique universe value of potentially eternal endurance, the soul.

111:2.4 (1218.2) There are three and not two factors in the evolutionary creation of such an immortal soul. These three antecedents of the morontia human soul are:

111:2.5 (1218.3) 1. The human mind and all cosmic influences antecedent thereto and impinging thereon.

111:2.6 (1218.4) 2. The divine spirit indwelling this human mind and all potentials inherent in such a fragment of absolute spirituality together with all associated spiritual influences and factors in human life.

111:2.7 (1218.5) 3. The relationship between material mind and divine spirit, which connotes a value and carries a meaning not found in either of the contributing factors to such an association. The reality of this unique relationship is neither material nor spiritual but morontial. It is the soul.

111:2.8 (1218.6) The midway creatures have long denominated this evolving soul of man the mid-mind in contradistinction to the lower or material mind and the higher or cosmic mind. This mid-mind is really a morontia phenomenon since it exists in the realm between the material and the spiritual. The potential of such a morontia evolution is inherent in the two universal urges of mind: the impulse of the finite mind of the creature to know God and attain the divinity of the Creator, and the impulse of the infinite mind of the Creator to know man and attain the experience of the creature.

111:2.9 (1218.7) This supernal transaction of evolving the immortal soul is made possible because the mortal mind is first personal and second is in contact with superanimal realities; it possesses a supermaterial endowment of cosmic ministry which insures the evolution of a moral nature capable of making moral decisions, thereby effecting a bona fide creative contact with the associated spiritual ministries and with the indwelling Thought Adjuster.

111:2.10 (1218.8) The inevitable result of such a contactual spiritualization of the human mind is the gradual birth of a soul, the joint offspring of an adjutant mind dominated by a human will that craves to know God, working in liaison with the spiritual forces of the universe which are under the overcontrol of an actual fragment of the very God of all creation—the Mystery Monitor. And thus does the material and mortal reality of the self transcend the temporal limitations of the physical-life machine and attain a new expression and a new identification in the evolving vehicle for selfhood continuity, the morontia and immortal soul.

Don’t miss part 3 of this Paper.

Without wisdom and worship how would Mind Gravity make the first unselfish choice that gives birth to soul which then has its existence in Spirit Gravity?  Remember, the 4 Gravity Circuits are INDEPENDENT of time and space….

Yes, loads written about “MIND” in the UB because that’s where all the problems are and the problems are so bad that Urantia is in quarantine in regards to communicating with “SOULS” utilizing the Spirit Gravity circuits available for Reflectivity.  The human soul is in some lalaland where it MUST not access the Material Gravity because of the human mind’s own “cosmic insanity” (start looking things up yourself and also stop pretending I have NOT given references).

Paper 54 – Section 2 – “…..

Lucifer’s folly was the attempt to do the nondoable, to short-circuit time in an experiential universe. Lucifer’s crime was the attempted creative disenfranchisement of every personality in Satania, the unrecognized abridgment of the creature’s personal participation—freewill participation—in the long evolutionary struggle to attain the status of light and life both individually and collectively. In so doing this onetime Sovereign of your system set the temporal purpose of his own will directly athwart the eternal purpose of God’s will as it is revealed in the bestowal of free will upon all personal creatures. The Lucifer rebellion thus threatened the maximum possible infringement of the freewill choice of the ascenders and servers of the system of Satania—a threat forevermore to deprive every one of these beings of the thrilling experience of contributing something personal and unique to the slowly erecting monument to experiential wisdom which will sometime exist as the perfected system of Satania. Thus does the Lucifer manifesto, masquerading in the habiliments of liberty, stand forth in the clear light of reason as a monumental threat to consummate the theft of personal liberty and to do it on a scale that has been approached only twice in all the history of Nebadon.

54:2.4

In short, what God had given men and angels Lucifer would have taken away from them, that is, the divine privilege of participating in the creation of their own destinies and of the destiny of this local system of inhabited worlds.

54:2.5

No being in all the universe has the rightful liberty to deprive any other being of true liberty, the right to love and be loved, the privilege of worshiping God and of serving his fellows.”

Whatever is concocted by human beings in time and space is a puerile bit of shenanigans of their mind’s selfish survival matters when nanoseconds are the timeline measurements by which one million years of human species and progress can be theoretically sucked out of Material Gravity which is counted in billions of years of development – the actual GIFTS of God.

In other words, a human being can’t possibly state that they are a “billionaire” because it says so on a microchip-cloud algorithm.  I already posted the references for the Divine Minister calling that “stupid”….

God NEVER does anything like “YOU MUST USE INTERNET TO FIND A JOB”.  That’s a disgusting bit of cosmic insane mind to claim authority over HOW Material Gravity Circuit is permitted access to Mind Gravity Circuit because the 3 Gravity Circuits are INDEPENDENT of a microchip’s accounting of “value” according to time and space.

But it sure is a good example for why the Spirit Gravity circuit of ETERNAL SOULS quarantine remains in place on Urantia as well as being a lesson in the Philosophy for Living behind double-entry bookkeeping :-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Holy Moly.

:-(

Cranky.

Delay is not a “penalty”.  No souls are in quarantine.  And souls don’t communicate via the Spirit gravity circuit…as I understand the teachings.   And neither is reflectivity related to Spirit gravity. Text?

And Light and Life is no puerile human failure….or shenanigan.  Our destiny is assured and progress certain and obvious and we fly toward it today, gaining velocity and momentum.

Your disappointment in humanity and our progress and leadership is unfortunate.

;-)

9:7.1 (105.1) The Conjoint Actor is able to co-ordinate all levels of universe actuality in such manner as to make possible the simultaneous recognition of the mental, the material, and the spiritual. This is the phenomenon of universe reflectivity, that unique and inexplicable power to see, hear, sense, and know all things as they transpire throughout a superuniverse, and to focalize, by reflectivity, all this information and knowledge at any desired point. The action of reflectivity is shown in perfection on each of the headquarters worlds of the seven superuniverses. It is also operative throughout all sectors of the superuniverses and within the boundaries of the local universes. Reflectivity finally focalizes on Paradise.

9:7.2 (105.2) The phenomenon of reflectivity, as it is disclosed on the superuniverse headquarters worlds in the amazing performances of the reflective personalities there stationed, represents the most complex interassociation of all phases of existence to be found in all creation. Lines of spirit can be traced back to the Son, physical energy to Paradise, and mind to the Third Source; but in the extraordinary phenomenon of universe reflectivity there is a unique and exceptional unification of all three, so associated as to enable the universe rulers to know about remote conditions instantaneously, simultaneously with their occurrence.

Everyone sees what you just did….

The title of Paper 54 is “Problems of the Lucifer Rebellion”.

Not “Problems with Namelessuntilfused”

I’m not the “unfortunate” one. Would not want to be you answering for what you chose to do with the Fifth Epochal Revelation. In the meantime, the unfettered access to “Justice” courts in USA from “religionists” is going to get a hard look as to whether what they do on this website and other code-talking websites using UB original language is worthy of legal protection under the First Amendment – Freedom of Speech and Religion.

My request has been submitted to the Most Highs. Caligastia should be much happier doing routine administrative tasks in Outer Space where there’s only Mind and Matter Circuits and he will get one last shot at “rehabilitation” in the way of “all innovations happen on the manufacturing floor”….

What is too evident is that Caligastia can’t be anywhere close to fiddling around with ANY Lifeform on the Nurseries of Life of which our Earth is one.

Thanks for engaging in an e-conversation that will be an example for all to emulate about how to stick to a topic like suggestions for spiritual progress Melchizedek may make – good job, Fan of Van.

Philosophy for living should be a brisk spirit wind to sweep away the ideology stench of the 20th century’s rivers of blood – all for the $$$$.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

We are all affected by the “problems” of the rebellion.  No doubt of that!  But no one fails to find God within, or experience personal connection to Spirit, the birth of soul, the fruit of faith and hope, and the personal revelation of truth because of the rebellion or default of any others.

This is some of the good news in the Papers.

We cannot, or we should not, blame anyone else or anything for our own failures, immaturity,  impatience,  disappointments,  and anxieties…those are our own.  We choose them and we choose what to do with them.

I did not say you were unfortunate.

Your disappointments and anxieties are unfortunate.  They cause you to be distressed.  I understand why and how so many also feel anxious and disappointed in our world today.

Life is complicated and difficult and confusing in its uncertainties.   Indeed so.  Especially in such unsettled times of so much change and the acceleration of change we are experiencing.   I do not take such anxiety lightly.  Many suffer by it.

The UB is so clear in its endless assurances of our soul’s security by the Divine affection we each and all enjoy.  Our fears, disappointments, confusions, doubts, immaturity,  impatience,  and even our disbelief and false beliefs do not and cannot effect God’s love, patience, mercy, connection, and tender affection nor can those personal worries and mind poisons prevent our survival and eternal opportunity for endless adventure.

The topic is about this Divine Affection and Assurance by the example of Machiventa’s ministries to our world.

Our experience of this life and this world depends primarily on our personal perspective rather than on the world itself and our circumstances in it.  The UB teaches that our faith can overcome all circumstances and will change our perspective of reality by its fruits.  I believe that truth.

God makes such an effort to connect with each of us! We receive the ministries of the the Adjutant Mind Spirits, the Holy Spirit,  the Spirit of Truth, and the God Fragment – and the Guardian Angels.  Each and all of those deliver that endless yearn and response assurance for connection and belonging and affection and happiness!

The UB teaches that our connection to the Spirit within should bring us hope, faith, and trust which delivers peace of mind, happiness, joy, poise, security, and confidence to us…no matter the uncertainties and disappointments and suffering we may endure.

I think that’s the UB’s message we share here and others most need.  That’s “what” I am “doing” with the Fifth Epochal Revelation.  Celebrating universe reality!!

You??

;-)

12:7.9 (138.4) The love of the Father absolutely individualizes each personality as a unique child of the Universal Father, a child without duplicate in infinity, a will creature irreplaceable in all eternity. The Father’s love glorifies each child of God, illuminating each member of the celestial family, sharply silhouetting the unique nature of each personal being against the impersonal levels that lie outside the fraternal circuit of the Father of all. The love of God strikingly portrays the transcendent value of each will creature, unmistakably reveals the high value which the Universal Father has placed upon each and every one of his children from the highest creator personality of Paradise status to the lowest personality of will dignity among the savage tribes of men in the dawn of the human species on some evolutionary world of time and space.

12:7.10 (138.5) This very love of God for the individual brings into being the divine family of all individuals, the universal brotherhood of the freewill children of the Paradise Father. And this brotherhood, being universal, is a relationship of the whole. Brotherhood, when universal, discloses not the each relationship, but the all relationship. Brotherhood is a reality of the total and therefore discloses qualities of the whole in contradistinction to qualities of the part.

12:7.11 (138.6) Brotherhood constitutes a fact of relationship between every personality in universal existence. No person can escape the benefits or the penalties that may come as a result of relationship to other persons. The part profits or suffers in measure with the whole. The good effort of each man benefits all men; the error or evil of each man augments the tribulation of all men. As moves the part, so moves the whole. As the progress of the whole, so the progress of the part. The relative velocities of part and whole determine whether the part is retarded by the inertia of the whole or is carried forward by the momentum of the cosmic brotherhood.

54:6.4 (619.1) But one thing should be made clear: If you are made to suffer the evil consequences of the sin of some member of your family, some fellow citizen or fellow mortal, even rebellion in the system or elsewhere—no matter what you may have to endure because of the wrongdoing of your associates, fellows, or superiors—you may rest secure in the eternal assurance that such tribulations are transient afflictions. None of these fraternal consequences of misbehavior in the group can ever jeopardize your eternal prospects or in the least degree deprive you of your divine right of Paradise ascension and God attainment.

54:6.5 (619.2) And there is compensation for these trials, delays, and disappointments which invariably accompany the sin of rebellion. Of the many valuable repercussions of the Lucifer rebellion which might be named, I will only call attention to the enhanced careers of those mortal ascenders, the Jerusem citizens, who, by withstanding the sophistries of sin, placed themselves in line for becoming future Mighty Messengers, fellows of my own order. Every being who stood the test of that evil episode thereby immediately advanced his administrative status and enhanced his spiritual worth.

54:6.6 (619.3) At first the Lucifer upheaval appeared to be an unmitigated calamity to the system and to the universe. Gradually benefits began to accrue. With the passing of twenty-five thousand years of system time (twenty thousand years of Urantia time), the Melchizedeks began to teach that the good resulting from Lucifer’s folly had come to equal the evil incurred. The sum of evil had by that time become almost stationary, continuing to increase only on certain isolated worlds, while the beneficial repercussions continued to multiply and extend out through the universe and superuniverse, even to Havona. The Melchizedeks now teach that the good resulting from the Satania rebellion is more than a thousand times the sum of all the evil.

67:7.5 (761.4) Evil and sin visit their consequences in material and social realms and may sometimes even retard spiritual progress on certain levels of universe reality, but never does the sin of any being rob another of the realization of the divine right of personality survival. Eternal survival can be jeopardized only by the decisions of the mind and the choice of the soul of the individual himself.

67:7.6 (761.5) Sin on Urantia did very little to delay biologic evolution, but it did operate to deprive the mortal races of the full benefit of the Adamic inheritance. Sin enormously retards intellectual development, moral growth, social progress, and mass spiritual attainment. But it does not prevent the highest spiritual achievement by any individual who chooses to know God and sincerely do his divine will.

67:7.7 (761.6) Caligastia rebelled, Adam and Eve did default, but no mortal subsequently born on Urantia has suffered in his personal spiritual experience because of these blunders. Every mortal born on Urantia since Caligastia’s rebellion has been in some manner time-penalized, but the future welfare of such souls has never been in the least eternity-jeopardized. No person is ever made to suffer vital spiritual deprivation because of the sin of another. Sin is wholly personal as to moral guilt or spiritual consequences, notwithstanding its far-flung repercussions in administrative, intellectual, and social domains.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

. . . the good news in the Papers

I enjoyed reading your comments today about the good news in the Papers.  Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 111 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.