The Melchizedek Visit – 1000 AD

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Melchizedek Visit – 1000 AD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Forum Friends,

Machiventa Melchizedek incarnated on Urantia 3,993 years ago and lived in that body for 94 years. Then Machiventa returned to Urantia around 1,000 AD.

A researcher-reader named Joshua Wilson compiled an impressive list of events that occurred around that time, events that set the stage for the Renaissance and brought humanity into the modern age.

This is Joshua’s list of world-improving events that occurred around and after Machiventa’s 100 years of invisible ministry a thousand years ago:

• Chinese adapt Wood-block printing to mass produce classical books, 932 AD (the first novels)

• The conclusion of the Early Middle Ages (European Dark Ages), 964

• Poland becomes a Christian nation under the reign of Miezko I, 965

• Formation of Peace and Truce of God movement by the Catholic Church. The first of its kind movement in Medieval Europe for the control of society using nonviolent means, 989

• The conversion of Russia to Christianity, under the leadership of Vladimir I,989

• Musical notation systematized, 990

• Viking raider Leif Eriksson discovers North America, calls it Vinland, c. 1000

• Hungary and Scandinavia converted to Christianity,c. 1000

• Murasaki Shikibu finishes The Tale of Genji, the world’s first novel,Japan, 1008

• Muslims destroy the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem, 1009

• During Song Dynasty,Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism merge,China,1021

• Canon of Medicine by Persian Avicenna establishes standard European medical textbook, 1025

• Classic Pueblo period of Anasazi culture, North America, c. 1000–1300

Anyone wishing to view the entire document (10 pages) can. Just message me.

…Less than a thousand years ago this same Machiventa Melchizedek, the onetime sage of Salem, was invisibly present on Urantia for a period of one hundred years, acting as resident governor general of the planet; and if the present system of directing planetary affairs should continue, he will be due to return in the same capacity in a little over one thousand years…. 93:10.10 (1025.6)

Richard E Warren

Just the other day, I was trying to find information, hither and yon, across the “internets” regarding the governments in place across the globe beginning at 1837, the Victorian Era and the Industrial Revolution, so I appreciate you sharing this research by Joshua Wilson.

Facts are facts especially in the “past”.  Interpretations can change, but not the ACTS of fACTS…

Is it safe to assume that Melchizedek will be working behind the scenes to structure corrective measures to the “technology” course

that we were MUST-ed into in order to have a “job” and a “social rating” in a caste system that is “cosmic insanity” according to the FACTS of the 4 gravity circuits revealed in Paper 12?

Isn’t the consistent message of Part III – The History of Urantia about “revealed” knowledge being lost completely….?  Is that not a danger again when you get over 17 million google search hits for “bestiality”, or “torture”, or “pedophilia”…?

“MUST use the internet”

And NOW, aren’t you hearing this more often, “…something WEIRD is going on….”.

Indeed :-)

My time line with the Urantia Book begins in 1991 – read the book twice and seem to have the “time” NOW to do a 3rd read.

I am going to go ahead and put in a formal request to the Most Highs for a personnel change in the Mind Gravity “presence”.

“Artificial Intelligence”, such as is being “MUST-ed” into existence here in the NURSERY of LIFE

is happening NOW only in the outer sector of creation where no life forms exist yet, according to Paper 12.

LIFE is the “job” in the Nursery.

I can post many current opinions where humanity world-wide is realizing that technology has taken the turn away from LIFE.

Hey, anyone can get bored after 500,000 years. And it’s not as if he’s not going out with a bang – he made his point!

It IS possible to create so much suffering and misery with electrons (mind circuit deconstruction and disruption of the 7 adjutant spirits)

that infants will NEVER have the potential to grow a soul and receive a Thought Adjuster (well, electrons and rape)

and people committing suicide in droves rather than let one more piece of their soul potential be choked off…and on and on…

So the success Life Carriers had of  humans activating all seven mind adjutants BEFORE colored races appeared can be washed away by “MUST use the internet”.

Let me know if you want to sign on to the personnel change request I am preparing for the Most Highs :-)

Looking forward to Melchizedek saving the Nursery of Life that is Urantia….I doubt Nihilism will be his choice of a philosophy for living…

Stealing someone else’s line here – there is a group who have “deputized” themselves to protect LIFE in the USA calling themselves the “Not F-king Around Coalition”.

I hear you, Brothers. Me, too…

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

A most unfortunate post of claims which detracts from the topic posted and contradicts the Papers in so many ways and on so many levels.

Science and technology are evidence of evolutionary progress and provide a functionally significant fulcrum to the lever of humanity’s growth through the Mortal Epochs of Time.  Technology certainly does not and cannot prevent the work of the Adjutants or the birth of soul or the Spirit connection or the gravitational effects of Paradise and Deity on the mortals of time.

A peculiarly sad diatribe of hopeless lament and irrelevancy in my opinion.  Illogical and contrary to the teachings. As if any material obstacles might prevent the rule of the Most Highs or the power of the Spirit within! Absurd.

Get a grip.  More study is indicated and recommended.   Just sayin’…. ;-)

Perhaps a message of hope and trust and encouragement and good cheer might be more appropriate??!!

100:2.7 (1096.4) Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: “To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?” Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

100:2.8 (1096.5) After such spiritual attainment, whether secured by gradual growth or specific crisis, there occurs a new orientation of personality as well as the development of a new standard of values. Such spirit-born individuals are so remotivated in life that they can calmly stand by while their fondest ambitions perish and their keenest hopes crash; they positively know that such catastrophes are but the redirecting cataclysms which wreck one’s temporal creations preliminary to the rearing of the more noble and enduring realities of a new and more sublime level of universe attainment.

176:3.2 (1916.2) “And even you, Thomas, fail to comprehend what I have been saying. Have I not all this time taught you that your connection with the kingdom is spiritual and individual, wholly a matter of personal experience in the spirit by the faith-realization that you are a son of God? What more shall I say? The downfall of nations, the crash of empires, the destruction of the unbelieving Jews, the end of an age, even the end of the world, what have these things to do with one who believes this gospel, and who has hid his life in the surety of the eternal kingdom? You who are God-knowing and gospel-believing have already received the assurances of eternal life. Since your lives have been lived in the spirit and for the Father, nothing can be of serious concern to you. Kingdom builders, the accredited citizens of the heavenly worlds, are not to be disturbed by temporal upheavals or perturbed by terrestrial cataclysms. What does it matter to you who believe this gospel of the kingdom if nations overturn, the age ends, or all things visible crash, since you know that your life is the gift of the Son, and that it is eternally secure in the Father? Having lived the temporal life by faith and having yielded the fruits of the spirit as the righteousness of loving service for your fellows, you can confidently look forward to the next step in the eternal career with the same survival faith that has carried you through your first and earthly adventure in sonship with God.

100:6.6 (1101.1) One of the most amazing earmarks of religious living is that dynamic and sublime peace, that peace which passes all human understanding, that cosmic poise which betokens the absence of all doubt and turmoil. Such levels of spiritual stability are immune to disappointment. Such religionists are like the Apostle Paul, who said: “I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else shall be able to separate us from the love of God.”

101:3.4 (1108.3) Through religious faith the soul of man reveals itself and demonstrates the potential divinity of its emerging nature by the characteristic manner in which it induces the mortal personality to react to certain trying intellectual and testing social situations. Genuine spiritual faith (true moral consciousness) is revealed in that it:

101:3.5 (1108.4) 1. Causes ethics and morals to progress despite inherent and adverse animalistic tendencies.

101:3.6 (1108.5) 2. Produces a sublime trust in the goodness of God even in the face of bitter disappointment and crushing defeat.

101:3.7 (1108.6) 3. Generates profound courage and confidence despite natural adversity and physical calamity.

101:3.8 (1108.7) 4. Exhibits inexplicable poise and sustaining tranquillity notwithstanding baffling diseases and even acute physical suffering.

101:3.9 (1108.8) 5. Maintains a mysterious poise and composure of personality in the face of maltreatment and the rankest injustice.

101:3.10 (1108.9) 6. Maintains a divine trust in ultimate victory in spite of the cruelties of seemingly blind fate and the apparent utter indifference of natural forces to human welfare.

101:3.11 (1108.10) 7. Persists in the unswerving belief in God despite all contrary demonstrations of logic and successfully withstands all other intellectual sophistries.

101:3.12 (1108.11) 8. Continues to exhibit undaunted faith in the soul’s survival regardless of the deceptive teachings of false science and the persuasive delusions of unsound philosophy.

101:3.13 (1108.12) 9. Lives and triumphs irrespective of the crushing overload of the complex and partial civilizations of modern times.

101:3.14 (1108.13) 10. Contributes to the continued survival of altruism in spite of human selfishness, social antagonisms, industrial greeds, and political maladjustments.

101:3.15 (1108.14) 11. Steadfastly adheres to a sublime belief in universe unity and divine guidance regardless of the perplexing presence of evil and sin.

101:3.16 (1108.15) 12. Goes right on worshiping God in spite of anything and everything. Dares to declare, “Even though he slay me, yet will I serve him.”

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Very interesting and informative post Rick!  Further evidence of the attention and expertise we are provided by planetary leadership on this Shrine of Nebadon!

It reminded me of this:

81:6.8 (907.5) 3. Scientific knowledge. The material aspects of civilization must always await the accumulation of scientific data. It was a long time after the discovery of the bow and arrow and the utilization of animals for power purposes before man learned how to harness wind and water, to be followed by the employment of steam and electricity. But slowly the tools of civilization improved. Weaving, pottery, the domestication of animals, and metalworking were followed by an age of writing and printing.

81:6.9 (907.6) Knowledge is power. Invention always precedes the acceleration of cultural development on a world-wide scale. Science and invention benefited most of all from the printing press, and the interaction of all these cultural and inventive activities has enormously accelerated the rate of cultural advancement.

Me here:  The Papers certainly celebrate science and scientific inquiry and the “method” as the source of great human achievement and social AND religious progress.  Indeed, religion evolves only as quickly as superstitions are discarded.  Science leads humanity out of barbarism and primitivism toward understanding and the discovery of God within the material universe in addition to within the mind of mortals.

It is true that religious evolution and scientific evolution are not always in step or harmonized and have more recently been at apparent odds in the minds of many (as demonstrated in the false choice and conflict between creationism and evolution )!!  But we know by the Revelation that creationism and evolution are entirely compatible and synchronized and harmonized in universe reality.  Both science and religion pursue the same reality.  One of the greatest of all teachings in the Papers is this fact and truth!!

Keyword search for “science”:

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/search?keys=science&op=Search

And “scientific”:

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/search?keys=scientific&op=Search

81:6.10 (907.7) Science teaches man to speak the new language of mathematics and trains his thoughts along lines of exacting precision. And science also stabilizes philosophy through the elimination of error, while it purifies religion by the destruction of superstition.

Me here:  It is exciting to consider the current state of “acceleration” of human progress due to digitalization!!  Now both knowledge and communication are globalized in addition to commerce and education and travel to invigorate the globalization of culture and to breakdown nationalistic borders or distrust and isolationisms.  The entire population is becoming connected in new ways which will definitely transform our world.

Some are fearful about this.  Some are always fearful of everything, especially change and progress!!  A pity for them.  The poison of fear and anxiety is a sad thing to witness….most especially here.

:-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

114:7.14 (1258.6) Urantia mortals should not allow the comparative spiritual isolation of their world from certain of the local universe circuits to produce a feeling of cosmic desertion or planetary orphanage. There is operative on the planet a very definite and effective superhuman supervision of world affairs and human destinies.

114:7.15 (1258.7) But it is true that you can have, at best, only a meager idea of an ideal planetary government. Since the early times of the Planetary Prince, Urantia has suffered from the miscarriage of the divine plan of world growth and racial development. The loyal inhabited worlds of Satania are not governed as is Urantia. Nevertheless, compared with the other isolated worlds, your planetary governments have not been so inferior; only one or two worlds may be said to be worse, and a few may be slightly better, but the majority are on a plane of equality with you.

114:7.16 (1259.1) No one in the local universe seems to know when the unsettled status of the planetary administration will terminate. The Nebadon Melchizedeks are inclined to the opinion that little change will occur in the planetary government and administration until Michael’s second personal arrival on Urantia. Undoubtedly at this time, if not before, sweeping changes will be effected in planetary management. But as to the nature of such modifications of world administration, no one seems to be able even to conjecture. There is no precedent for such an episode in all the history of the inhabited worlds of the universe of Nebadon. Among the many things difficult to understand concerning the future government of Urantia, a prominent one is the location on the planet of a circuit and divisional headquarters of the archangels.

114:7.17 (1259.2) Your isolated world is not forgotten in the counsels of the universe. Urantia is not a cosmic orphan stigmatized by sin and shut away from divine watchcare by rebellion. From Uversa to Salvington and on down to Jerusem, even in Havona and on Paradise, they all know we are here; and you mortals now dwelling on Urantia are just as lovingly cherished and just as faithfully watched over as if the sphere had never been betrayed by a faithless Planetary Prince, even more so. It is eternally true, “the Father himself loves you.”

Hey Moderators – one long personal attack, as usual, from “Bradly”.  He’s basically talking to himself on the truthboook.com site and I am starting to feel sorry for him since YEARS have gone by and he is getting worse as an all-electron communicator – imagine his comments as a face to face conversation! Yikes!

And what IS “weird” is the unchallenged chanelling nonsense going on, also for YEARS, by Ron Bessar et al, for instance….

Fortunately, The Most Highs, especially a Melchizedek, have no problem with any bona-fide imperfect personality, Child of God Urantian human, like myself, requesting a personnel change in the Mind Circuit department.

Looking forward to the changes to come!

Thanks, again, Rick, for the reminder about rotations in celestial personnel….

Part 1 of the UB is definitely the “revelation”….

Paper 12 – Section 3 – “……While this estimate is probably far from accurate, it accords, in principle, with our belief that intelligent force organizers are at present directing universe evolution in the space levels beyond the present outer limits of the grand universe. Whatever the nature of this postulated intelligence, it is apparently not spirit-gravity responsive….”

Obviously, Caligastia’s current singular focus on a dystopian future of seizing complete control of the Mind Gravity circuit ala “artificial intelligence” gizmos at the expense of LIFE that IS spirit gravity responsive is enough prima facie evidence for this UB reader…

MUST wear a mask…MUST use the internets to “live”

God the Father still knows it all about ever Child’s Personality and “My Life” ratings (or Bradly’s rant) didn’t make the cut ;-)

Paper 12 – Section 3 – “….Personality Gravity is noncomputable. We recognize the circuit, but we cannot measure either qualitative or quantitative realities responsive thereto…..”

I don’t know if Urantia’s rebellious Lanonandek Sons will choose to be rehabilitated – but if they do, they will be assigned to ROUTINE administration – staying in their lane, so to speak – and not messing with Life Carrier accomplishments.

They go back to Melchizedek schools to do the WORK of rehabilitation…

Since, as a mere lowest life form capable of connecting to spirit gravity that I am, I can’t grab the Lanos and throw them into an Uber ride to take them to their home world, I have to trust Mel is going to do better this time around than leaving the “atonement” fallacy in place like he did last time….and I am FREE to make my suggestions – FREE WILL, remember…?

Paper 35 – Section 10. The Lanonandek Worlds

35:10.1

The third group of seven worlds in the Salvington circuit of seventy planets, with their respective forty-two satellites, constitute the Lanonandek cluster of administrative spheres. On these realms the experienced Lanonandeks belonging to the ex-System Sovereign corps officiate as administrative teachers of the ascending pilgrims and the seraphic hosts. The evolutionary mortals observe the system administrators at work on the system capitals, but here they participate in the actual co-ordination of the administrative pronouncements of the ten thousand local systems.

35:10.2

These administrative schools of the local universe are supervised by a corps of Lanonandek Sons who have had long experience as System Sovereigns and as constellation counselors. These executive colleges are excelled only by the administrative schools of Ensa.

35:10.3

While serving as training spheres for ascending mortals, the Lanonandek worlds are the centers for extensive undertakings having to do with the normal and routine administrative operations of the universe. All the way in to Paradise the ascending pilgrims pursue their studies in the practical schools of applied knowledge—actual training in really doing the things they are being taught. The universe educational system sponsored by the Melchizedeks is practical, progressive, meaningful, and experiential. It embraces training in things material, intellectual, morontial, and spiritual.

35:10.4

It is in connection with these administrative spheres of the Lanonandeks that most of the salvaged Sons of that order serve as custodians and directors of planetary affairs. And these defaulting Planetary Princes and their associates in rebellion who choose to accept the proffered rehabilitation will continue to serve in these routine capacities, at least until the universe of Nebadon is settled in light and life.

35:10.5

Many of the Lanonandek Sons in the older systems, however, have established wonderful records of service, administration, and spiritual achievement. They are a noble, faithful, and loyal group, notwithstanding their tendency to fall into error through fallacies of personal liberty and fictions of self-determination.”

See, it’s not all Trump’s fault :-)

Bradly,

“Our” science is in even worse shape than our “spirit” – do you not have access to a clean e-copy of the UB, or what….?

Paper 12 – ”

9. Personal Realities

12:9.1

Spirit is the basic personal reality in the universes, and personality is basic to all progressing experience with spiritual reality. Every phase of personality experience on every successive level of universe progression swarms with clues to the discovery of alluring personal realities. Man’s true destiny consists in the creation of new and spirit goals and then in responding to the cosmic allurements of such supernal goals of nonmaterial value.

12:9.2

Love is the secret of beneficial association between personalities. You cannot really know a person as the result of a single contact. You cannot appreciatingly know music through mathematical deduction, even though music is a form of mathematical rhythm. The number assigned to a telephone subscriber does not in any manner identify the personality of that subscriber or signify anything concerning his character.

12:9.3

Mathematics, material science, is indispensable to the intelligent discussion of the material aspects of the universe, but such knowledge is not necessarily a part of the higher realization of truth or of the personal appreciation of spiritual realities. Not only in the realms of life but even in the world of physical energy, the sum of two or more things is very often something more than, or something different from, the predictable additive consequences of such unions. The entire science of mathematics, the whole domain of philosophy, the highest physics or chemistry, could not predict or know that the union of two gaseous hydrogen atoms with one gaseous oxygen atom would result in a new and qualitatively superadditive substance—liquid water. The understanding knowledge of this one physiochemical phenomenon should have prevented the development of materialistic philosophy and mechanistic cosmology.

12:9.4

Technical analysis does not reveal what a person or a thing can do. For example: Water is used effectively to extinguish fire. That water will put out fire is a fact of everyday experience, but no analysis of water could ever be made to disclose such a property. Analysis determines that water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen; a further study of these elements discloses that oxygen is the real supporter of combustion and that hydrogen will itself freely burn.

12:9.5

Your religion is becoming real because it is emerging from the slavery of fear and the bondage of superstition. Your philosophy struggles for emancipation from dogma and tradition. Your science is engaged in the agelong contest between truth and error while it fights for deliverance from the bondage of abstraction, the slavery of mathematics, and the relative blindness of mechanistic materialism.

12:9.6

Mortal man has a spirit nucleus. The mind is a personal-energy system existing around a divine spirit nucleus and functioning in a material environment. Such a living relationship of personal mind and spirit constitutes the universe potential of eternal personality. Real trouble, lasting disappointment, serious defeat, or inescapable death can come only after self-concepts presume fully to displace the governing power of the central spirit nucleus, thereby disrupting the cosmic scheme of personality identity.….”.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

HAHAHA!!!!  ;-)

Greetings “nameless”…

Quite the demonstration of a personal attack indeed…talking to myself and irrelevant too?  Perhaps it best to maintain our equilibrium and humor?

Do we know each other?  (You say above – “As usual….”) Hmmm….

By what other names have you posted with – here or at TruthBook?  Or is this your first post?

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Good luck with your request for “personell change”, whatever that might mean. And please explain your claims regarding souls and mind circuits and the Adjutants connection.

I am confident souls and the Adjutant connection to mortal mind and the universal mind circuits are all safe from any rebels of any sort anywhere anytime!!  Such pointless worries…..and so many….

Thank you.

To better understanding… ;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Bradly, “Our” science is in even worse shape than our “spirit” – do you not have access to a clean e-copy of the UB, or what….? Paper 12 – ”

9. Personal Realities

12:9.1

Spirit is the basic personal reality in the universes, and personality is basic to all progressing experience with spiritual reality. Every phase of personality experience on every successive level of universe progression swarms with clues to the discovery of alluring personal realities. Man’s true destiny consists in the creation of new and spirit goals and then in responding to the cosmic allurements of such supernal goals of nonmaterial value.

12:9.2

Love is the secret of beneficial association between personalities. You cannot really know a person as the result of a single contact. You cannot appreciatingly know music through mathematical deduction, even though music is a form of mathematical rhythm. The number assigned to a telephone subscriber does not in any manner identify the personality of that subscriber or signify anything concerning his character.

12:9.3

Mathematics, material science, is indispensable to the intelligent discussion of the material aspects of the universe, but such knowledge is not necessarily a part of the higher realization of truth or of the personal appreciation of spiritual realities. Not only in the realms of life but even in the world of physical energy, the sum of two or more things is very often something more than, or something different from, the predictable additive consequences of such unions. The entire science of mathematics, the whole domain of philosophy, the highest physics or chemistry, could not predict or know that the union of two gaseous hydrogen atoms with one gaseous oxygen atom would result in a new and qualitatively superadditive substance—liquid water. The understanding knowledge of this one physiochemical phenomenon should have prevented the development of materialistic philosophy and mechanistic cosmology.

12:9.4

Technical analysis does not reveal what a person or a thing can do. For example: Water is used effectively to extinguish fire. That water will put out fire is a fact of everyday experience, but no analysis of water could ever be made to disclose such a property. Analysis determines that water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen; a further study of these elements discloses that oxygen is the real supporter of combustion and that hydrogen will itself freely burn.

12:9.5

Your religion is becoming real because it is emerging from the slavery of fear and the bondage of superstition. Your philosophy struggles for emancipation from dogma and tradition. Your science is engaged in the agelong contest between truth and error while it fights for deliverance from the bondage of abstraction, the slavery of mathematics, and the relative blindness of mechanistic materialism.

12:9.6

Mortal man has a spirit nucleus. The mind is a personal-energy system existing around a divine spirit nucleus and functioning in a material environment. Such a living relationship of personal mind and spirit constitutes the universe potential of eternal personality. Real trouble, lasting disappointment, serious defeat, or inescapable death can come only after self-concepts presume fully to displace the governing power of the central spirit nucleus, thereby disrupting the cosmic scheme of personality identity.….”.

Bradly here:  It is true that our evolutionary progress has much yet to achieve, socially and scientifically and spiritually.   But related to Rick’s post above, there are many points of inflection and acceleration and momentum acquired in our history of evolutionary progress .   The UB lists many such momentous events and seasons as described above and also the gift of the Spirit of Truth and flood of Adjusters…and others.

We are taught that impatience is a sign of our immaturity and our disappointments are a function of a narrow and limited time unit perspective.

Urantia’s progress is certain and obvious and we are in the most capable and caring hands on this Shrine of Nebadon.  Anxiety must be abandoned we are told.  Personal realities are not served by mind poisons.

118:1.3 (1295.3) There is a direct relationship between maturity and the unit of time consciousness in any given intellect. The time unit may be a day, a year, or a longer period, but inevitably it is the criterion by which the conscious self evaluates the circumstances of life, and by which the conceiving intellect measures and evaluates the facts of temporal existence.

118:1.4 (1295.4) Experience, wisdom, and judgment are the concomitants of the lengthening of the time unit in mortal experience. As the human mind reckons backward into the past, it is evaluating past experience for the purpose of bringing it to bear on a present situation. As mind reaches out into the future, it is attempting to evaluate the future significance of possible action. And having thus reckoned with both experience and wisdom, the human will exercises judgment-decision in the present, and the plan of action thus born of the past and the future becomes existent.

118:1.5 (1295.5) In the maturity of the developing self, the past and future are brought together to illuminate the true meaning of the present. As the self matures, it reaches further and further back into the past for experience, while its wisdom forecasts seek to penetrate deeper and deeper into the unknown future. And as the conceiving self extends this reach ever further into both past and future, so does judgment become less and less dependent on the momentary present. In this way does decision-action begin to escape from the fetters of the moving present, while it begins to take on the aspects of past-future significance.

118:1.6 (1295.6) Patience is exercised by those mortals whose time units are short; true maturity transcends patience by a forbearance born of real understanding.

118:1.7 (1295.7) To become mature is to live more intensely in the present, at the same time escaping from the limitations of the present. The plans of maturity, founded on past experience, are coming into being in the present in such manner as to enhance the values of the future.

118:1.8 (1295.8) The time unit of immaturity concentrates meaning-value into the present moment in such a way as to divorce the present of its true relationship to the not-present—the past-future. The time unit of maturity is proportioned so to reveal the co-ordinate relationship of past-present-future that the self begins to gain insight into the wholeness of events, begins to view the landscape of time from the panoramic perspective of broadened horizons, begins perhaps to suspect the nonbeginning, nonending eternal continuum, the fragments of which are called time.

Imagine all the new ways to do things and learn things and share things because of science and new technologies!!!!!!!

81:2.14 (902.4) The savage is a slave to nature, but scientific civilization is slowly conferring increasing liberty on mankind. Through animals, fire, wind, water, electricity, and other undiscovered sources of energy, man has liberated, and will continue to liberate, himself from the necessity for unremitting toil. Regardless of the transient trouble produced by the prolific invention of machinery, the ultimate benefits to be derived from such mechanical inventions are inestimable. Civilization can never flourish, much less be established, until man has leisure to think, to plan, to imagine new and better ways of doing things.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Just the other day, I was trying to find information, hither and yon, across the “internets” regarding the governments in place across the globe beginning at 1837, the Victorian Era and the Industrial Revolution, so I appreciate you sharing this research by Joshua Wilson. Facts are facts especially in the “past”. Interpretations can change, but not the ACTS of fACTS… Is it safe to assume that Melchizedek will be working behind the scenes to structure corrective measures to the “technology” course that we were MUST-ed into in order to have a “job” and a “social rating” in a caste system that is “cosmic insanity” according to the FACTS of the 4 gravity circuits revealed in Paper 12? Isn’t the consistent message of Part III – The History of Urantia about “revealed” knowledge being lost completely….? Is that not a danger again when you get over 17 million google search hits for “bestiality”, or “torture”, or “pedophilia”…? “MUST use the internet” And NOW, aren’t you hearing this more often, “…something WEIRD is going on….”. Indeed :-) My time line with the Urantia Book begins in 1991 – read the book twice and seem to have the “time” NOW to do a 3rd read. I am going to go ahead and put in a formal request to the Most Highs for a personnel change in the Mind Gravity “presence”. “Artificial Intelligence”, such as is being “MUST-ed” into existence here in the NURSERY of LIFE is happening NOW only in the outer sector of creation where no life forms exist yet, according to Paper 12. LIFE is the “job” in the Nursery. I can post many current opinions where humanity world-wide is realizing that technology has taken the turn away from LIFE. Hey, anyone can get bored after 500,000 years. And it’s not as if he’s not going out with a bang – he made his point! It IS possible to create so much suffering and misery with electrons (mind circuit deconstruction and disruption of the 7 adjutant spirits) that infants will NEVER have the potential to grow a soul and receive a Thought Adjuster (well, electrons and rape) and people committing suicide in droves rather than let one more piece of their soul potential be choked off…and on and on… So the success Life Carriers had of humans activating all seven mind adjutants BEFORE colored races appeared can be washed away by “MUST use the internet”. Let me know if you want to sign on to the personnel change request I am preparing for the Most Highs :-) Looking forward to Melchizedek saving the Nursery of Life that is Urantia….I doubt Nihilism will be his choice of a philosophy for living…

Stealing someone else’s line here – there is a group who have “deputized” themselves to protect LIFE in the USA calling themselves the “Not F-king Around Coalition”.

I hear you, Brothers. Me, too…

Bradly here:  This post reminds me that some among us are ‘half-full’ believers and some are ‘half-empty’ believers.  Which is a very important topic of its own to consider.  I do wonder how anyone can read the Good News presented so eloquently in the Papers and still display such suspicion and disappointment and consternation and anxiety as the post above exudes.  The gift of the UB is specifically to uplift us and deliver hope and trust and assurance of the purpose and powers and the plans of our planetary leaders and of Deity and the Spirit within and describe the destinies of believers and our world in ways we should find inspirational and uplifting and soothing.

Disappointment, fear, anger, blame, anxiety, suspicion, doubt, and similar mind poisons are so very human and so very contrary to the teachings we share here!  Who doubts God’s wisdom and power and plan?  Who cannot discern the evolutionary triumphs and trajectory of humanity on our world these past million years?  Who cannot understand the enormous response of love and care and guidance and support our world and its people have received because of and in response to the rebellion and default that is presented in the UB?

“nameless” claims to be a long time reader….and yet…..what might a new reader think of such opinions and doubts and worries and petitions?  “Oh you of little faith….”

Hmmmm……

195:5.12 (2076.3) As you view the world, remember that the black patches of evil which you see are shown against a white background of ultimate good. You do not view merely white patches of good which show up miserably against a black background of evil.

195:5.13 (2076.4) When there is so much good truth to publish and proclaim, why should men dwell so much upon the evil in the world just because it appears to be a fact? The beauties of the spiritual values of truth are more pleasurable and uplifting than is the phenomenon of evil.

Me here:  The UB teaches the importance and value of hope and trust!  It tells us that uncertainty is the secret of adventure and an inherent function of freewill!!  And our disappointments are opportunities for growth and realization if we are not consumed by anxiety and fear!

26:5.3 (291.3) That, then, is the primary or elementary course which confronts the faith-tested and much-traveled pilgrims of space. But long before reaching Havona, these ascendant children of time have learned to feast upon uncertainty, to fatten upon disappointment, to enthuse over apparent defeat, to invigorate in the presence of difficulties, to exhibit indomitable courage in the face of immensity, and to exercise unconquerable faith when confronted with the challenge of the inexplicable. Long since, the battle cry of these pilgrims became: “In liaison with God, nothing—absolutely nothing—is impossible.”

108:6.8 (1194.1) You humans have begun an endless unfolding of an almost infinite panorama, a limitless expanding of never-ending, ever-widening spheres of opportunity for exhilarating service, matchless adventure, sublime uncertainty, and boundless attainment. When the clouds gather overhead, your faith should accept the fact of the presence of the indwelling Adjuster, and thus you should be able to look beyond the mists of mortal uncertainty into the clear shining of the sun of eternal righteousness on the beckoning heights of the mansion worlds of Satania.

111:7.1 (1223.3) Uncertainty with security is the essence of the Paradise adventure—uncertainty in time and in mind, uncertainty as to the events of the unfolding Paradise ascent; security in spirit and in eternity, security in the unqualified trust of the creature son in the divine compassion and infinite love of the Universal Father; uncertainty as an inexperienced citizen of the universe; security as an ascending son in the universe mansions of an all-powerful, all-wise, and all-loving Father.

Me here:  This is the message of the URANTIA Papers….for those who truly read it and understand its teachings!

Not despair or doubt or anguish…..good grief!!

Rick’s post is an opportunity to consider and to study the universe reality that is God’s “all-powerful, all-wise, and all-loving” affection and care for the children of time….all of us….all the time….everywhere!  We are not orphans but are cherished children in the watchful care of the Most Highs and the celestial hosts of Nebadon.  Let us rejoice in our blessings and be confident in our destiny and let us share our trust and hope and faith in the truth, beauty, and goodness that surrounds us!

And then, perhaps, we might also consider the importance of our little back-water world to the creator of this world and the local universe in which it resides – Christ Michael!!

119:8.5 (1318.4) The completion of these seven bestowals resulted in the liberation of Michael’s supreme sovereignty and also in the creation of the possibility for the sovereignty of the Supreme in Nebadon. On none of Michael’s bestowals did he reveal God the Supreme, but the sum total of all seven bestowals is a new Nebadon revelation of the Supreme Being.

119:8.6 (1318.5) In the experience of descending from God to man, Michael was concomitantly experiencing the ascent from partiality of manifestability to supremacy of finite action and finality of the liberation of his potential for absonite function. Michael, a Creator Son, is a time-space creator, but Michael, a sevenfold Master Son, is a member of one of the divine corps constituting the Trinity Ultimate.

119:8.7 (1318.6) In passing through the experience of revealing the Seven Master Spirit wills of the Trinity, the Creator Son has passed through the experience of revealing the will of the Supreme. In functioning as a revelator of the will of Supremacy, Michael, together with all other Master Sons, has identified himself eternally with the Supreme. In this universe age he reveals the Supreme and participates in the actualization of the sovereignty of Supremacy. But in the next universe age we believe he will be collaborating with the Supreme Being in the first experiential Trinity for and in the universes of outer space.

119:8.8 (1319.1) Urantia is the sentimental shrine of all Nebadon, the chief of ten million inhabited worlds, the mortal home of Christ Michael, sovereign of all Nebadon, a Melchizedek minister to the realms, a system savior, an Adamic redeemer, a seraphic fellow, an associate of ascending spirits, a morontia progressor, a Son of Man in the likeness of mortal flesh, and the Planetary Prince of Urantia. And your record tells the truth when it says that this same Jesus has promised sometime to return to the world of his terminal bestowal, the World of the Cross.

FEAR NOT!!  :-)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote:  Forum Friends,
           Machiventa Melchizedek . . . .
    With the hope of turning the topic back to the subject of topic, I offer a review of what the Bible says about this Melchizedek.

Genesis 14:18   And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; now he was a priest of God Most High; He blessed him and said, “Blessed be Abram of God Most High,

Hebrews 5:8-10    Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation, being designated by God as a high priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 6:19-20  This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7:1-3      For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham as he was returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace. Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he remains a priest perpetually.

Hebrews 7:9-10   And, so to speak, through Abraham even Levi, who received tithes, paid tithes, for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

Hebrews 7:11   Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron?

About the Melchizedek Sons from the UB, see 20:1.6

And the Melchizedek Sons are also known as the Most Highs (20:1.10).

3:5.2   The Father rules through his Sons; on down through the universe organization there is an unbroken chain of rulers ending with the Planetary Princes, who direct the destinies of the evolutionary spheres of the Father’s vast domains. It is no mere poetic expression that exclaims: “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof.” “He removes kings and sets up kings.” “The Most Highs rule in the kingdoms of men.”
    Daniel 4:17  “This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones, with the intent that the living may know that the Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.”

Hi Mara,

Agreed!

Paper 3 – Part 1

(53.3) 3:6.5 It is a great blunder to humanize God, except in the concept of the indwelling Thought Adjuster, but even that is not so stupid as completely to mechanize the idea of the First Great Source and Center.

Maybe start by taking a fresh look at what the Melchizedeks concern themselves with when they act in the “Most High” realms of planetary destiny as they plainly and lucidly reveal it, themselves, in the UB…?

Paper 3 is as good of a start as any :-)

Just one more “rules of engagement” for consideration – not everyone on the planet read, or will ever have access to, ANY “holy book”.

Part III of the Urantia Book does a good job of filling in the curriculum vitae, if you will, of Melchizedek….what he cared to act upon as a Most High to get us back on planetary destiny course…

Personally, I am leaning towards Mel inspiring a planetary-wide interest in a “philosophy for living” that is not stupidly mechanistic…the Divine Counselor carefully chose the word “stupid” because he knows we aren’t that stupid – right?

LOL…this life of mine is definitely my first rodeo, so to speak, so I have no problem with knowing that a Divine Counselor is acknowledging that I am NOT “so stupid”…

One of my favorite authors of Papers, btw – the Divine Counselor…I love his “mind”…

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Nicely put, Nameless!

PS: it was the title of Paper 93, Machiventa Melchizedek that hooked me on this book.

Nigel

What do the Melchizedek’s care about….?

Hi Nigel!

I never heard of the guy until all this information was presented in the Urantia Book.

My second read of the book allowed me to pay attention to certain details that I did not the first time.

The first time I read it straight through like a normal book it took me 5 years. The more chaotic my life got with responsibilities, the faster I started reading it – LOL.

But I found I had favorite authors during the second read. I always needed another author’s viewpoint on anything to do with “religion” when it was Melchizedek’s mission to correct that course of planetary destiny – “religion” being a real gravity presence in the very genetic code of our bodies – the Spirit Gravity.  Ever since I was a kid, I have this need to figure out Material Gravity. So Paper 12 zinged me in – what a glorious ride for the imagination I guess I was blessed with…let’s leave it at MY judgement of my imagination…

Which leads me to a hard spiral turn coming out of a narrow garage that is so unique, the auto pilot in the SUV tried to maintain control over my ability to be the Navigator…

and pivot to what comes up first when I typed in “philosophy”…any guesses…?

Correct – a make-up company.

Wikipedia was still on the first page, but barely. Going to their entry for “philosophy” had so many rabbit holes linked in, I will save you the suffering – all I am getting to is an open definition of “philosophy” – ways to use it in a precise manner, if you will…

From the wiki – “…Classic philosophical questions include: “Is it possible to know anything?”, and if so, “Can we prove it?”<sup id=”cite_ref-11″ class=”reference”>[10]<sup id=”cite_ref-12″ class=”reference”>[11]<sup id=”cite_ref-13″ class=”reference”>[12] Philosophers also pose more practical and concrete questions such as: “Is there a best way to live?”, “Is it better to be just, even if one could get away with being unjust?”,<sup id=”cite_ref-14″ class=”reference”>[13] ‘do humans have free will?'<sup id=”cite_ref-15″ class=”reference”>[14]

“Is it possible to know anything?” was not the question I asked because I already knew something – which means you know everything when you are 15 years old. Just knowing something “philosophical”…?

But I guess they figured out that it IS possible to know something because by the 19th century – wiki tells us this –

“…In the 19th century, the growth of modern research universities led academic philosophy and other disciplines to professionalize and specialize.<sup id=”cite_ref-18″ class=”reference”>[17]<sup id=”cite_ref-19″ class=”reference”>[18

So they professionalized “academic philosophy” which I am assuming was based on the first question that THEY asked in the 1800’s.

And here we can take heart in the fact that a certain tradition shows up in the archeological evidence found in many thriving human civilizations….for us UB readers it can be evidence that all seven adjutant mind connections were then still present in the us humans about a million years old when Mel shows up again…been a thousand years and a million miles…

Evidence of philosophical thinking that Mel tracks – and here’s the open definition of “philosophy” I think can work well to stick to as we all disciple ourselves to the definition in a “professional” manner and also gird our loins, so to speak, at the same time.

From wiki – “Historically, philosophy encompassed all bodies of knowledge.”

So if anyone else has an opinion about how to recognize 12 Melchizedeks taking over Most High Events than “philosophy for living”. chime in.  I’m an introvert but even I am looking for the way out of this “artificial intelligence” script that someone found at the bottom of the cutting floor thinking it’s “intellectual”.

Here come the critics – “Americans throw everything out eventually” is a classic criticism.

Yeah, okay….let’s start with what the Chinese learned about Americans from what we tossed out…? Plastic garbage Chinese  “manufactured” into something sent here to Americas as “stuff” which we buy and toss out after one use…?

What’s the “philosophy for living” that everyone found that they had in common that created that trade?

“Is it possible to know anything?”

So the reference on the wiki site attached to the highlighted “know anything” phrase is a rabbit hole of who got his name attached to that burning philosophical question in history – “….Pyrrho of Elis (c. 360 – c. 270 BCE) and his teacher Anaxarchus, both Democritean philosophers, traveled to India with Alexander the Great‘s army where Pyrrho was said to have studied with the magi and the gymnosophists,<sup id=”cite_ref-2″ class=”reference”>[2] and where he was influenced by Buddhist teachings, most particularly the three marks of existence….”.

So Pyrrho did not settle on a “philosophy for living” that he came across and “studied” during his travels with Alexander the Great.

Pyro came up with his own philosophy for living and since he had something to write on and something to write with since he was hanging with the Great, so the question “Is it possible to know anything?” made it to the wiki site as THE example of a “classic” philosophical question.

How many people have done that out of boredom in lockdowns caused by “nature” – find their person burning philosophical question…?

Guess it comes to you quick when you might not make it out…huh? :-)

What traditions are among UB readers as proof all seven mind adjutants present in the civilization you come from?

Who? What? When? Where? and How?

What are so many life forms doing together in the NOW of time?  Who are we?  Why are we?

I had three burning questions because I had time to formulate them in THE LOCKDOWN – cue music :-)

Stuff you toss….what is value, what has value…?

Personality Gravity Circuit cannot be measured – quality/quantity.

What is its value, then?

So in case my Hope for a magnetic pole shift producing a wonder of a big bang of electrons coming at me to vaporize me doesn’t happen and I don’t wake up in a new place being assigned to a new school that will philosophically lead me to the answer “what just happened with the pole shift, last thing I saw was….”

I believe that the receivers will understand what tests I have already passed through with flying colors, so to speak, and may they be  pleasantly surprised that reading The Urantia Book was a cherished lifelong “hobby” on my Agondonter CV.

Philosophy for Living evidence in USA – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_Weapons_Convention

Hey! Who tossed this out?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.