The Melchizedek Visit – 1000 AD

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Melchizedek Visit – 1000 AD

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

…So what is it that excuses sin and iniquity and the rejection of truth and reality? In the Lanonandeks or anyone else?

Can’t recall it being suggested there are excuses, but there are reasons worthy of inspection and contemplation. Circumscribed viewpoint, impatience, and pride for three. Would it be an error to say, those three are always at the bottom of rebellion, when stripped of their sophistry and dazzle?

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I think so Rick.  A “circumscribed view” is a limited and subjective perspective lacking information (ignorance), combined with the prejudice of pride and self importance, and the impatience of immaturity.

We are taught that ignorance and prejudice are the greatest obstacles to our growth.   Evidently celestials from the Lanonandeks to the Midwayers are susceptible to such developmental failures.  Perhaps only pride however might actually stop and prevent further progress?

Nonetheless it appears such sin and iniquity is very rare for our celestial cousins no matter their particular type or strata of being.  Indeed most who fall appear to be following a very rare disunity of confused loyalties the wrong direction.  An interesting moment of erroneous truth discernment for those who follow their respective leaders into darkness and chaos.

So much greater the sin and destruction of those Planetary and System rulers whose pride and prejudice and blind perspective lead others astray.  I am reminded of the Master’s warning about the millstone and faith.

Impatience seems to be the root of much evil.  Will it still be a problem for us ascenders after so many millions of years?  Impatience requires or results in dissatisfaction and disappointment and some blame for what appear to be failures to the circumscribed view I think.

At its core, I believe this is evidence of a lack of faith or failure of faith and lack of trust and confidence in God’s power, purpose, and plan.  Or, in the case of local universe celestials, a betrayal of the Creator Son.  This is a very personal failure of choice and really has no excuse related to type of being….except mortals at the material level of our pre-fusion days.

Mortals experience the dual nature and existence of the material and spirit realities and must choose to escape the one to fully embrace the other … the transfer of the seat of our identity.  Do celestials too have such a challenge I wonder?  Do they wrestle with doubts and confusions and disappointment and failure and frustration?

Yes…I think they do.  Experiential wisdom is a very similar journey for all who acquire it I believe.  And self importance is always a risk evidently.

;-)

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

…Do celestials too have such a challenge I wonder? Do they wrestle with doubts and confusions and disappointment and failure and frustration? Yes…I think they do. Experiential wisdom is a very similar journey for all who acquire it I believe. And self importance is always a risk evidently. ;-)

Yeah, apparently so, Bradly. One might think all doubt and confusion would be exhausted during their training time in the Melchizedek university, but then we are given a bit of insight here, where it required a ‘prolonged’ period for Caligastia to convince Daligastia to join the rebellion:

67:2.1 (755.3) Shortly after Satan’s inspection and when the planetary administration was on the eve of the realization of great things on Urantia, one day, midwinter of the northern continents, Caligastia held a prolonged conference with his associate, Daligastia, after which the latter called the ten councils of Urantia in session extraordinary.

Richard E Warren

53:3.2

1. The reality of the Universal Father. Lucifer charged that the Universal Father did not really exist, that physical gravity and space-energy were inherent in the universe, and that the Father was a myth invented by the Paradise Sons to enable them to maintain the rule of the universes in the Father’s name. He denied that personality was a gift of the Universal Father. He even intimated that the finaliters were in collusion with the Paradise Sons to foist fraud upon all creation since they never brought back a very clear-cut idea of the Father’s actual personality as it is discernible on Paradise. He traded on reverence as ignorance. The charge was sweeping, terrible, and blasphemous. It was this veiled attack upon the finaliters that no doubt influenced the ascendant citizens then on Jerusem to stand firm and remain steadfast in resistance to all the rebel’s proposals….”.

Hi Nigel!

No one knows everything ;-)

All of Nebadon bears witness to the Seventh Bestowal of Michael of Nebadon, it notes in the UB that Jesus lived the life as a “Son of Man” on Urantia for EVERYONE in Nebadon, so why would ANY subsequent “revelation” to be any different?!

“….Lucifer charged that the Universal Father did not really exist, that physical gravity and space-energy were inherent in the universe, and that the Father was a myth invented by the Paradise Sons to enable them to maintain the rule of the universes in the Father’s name…..”

I have NEVER seen this “Paper 12 – PERSONAL REALITIES” come up as a forum topic to “unpack”. That seems VERY STRANGE to me:

The Universe of Universes

9. Personal Realities

12:9.1

Spirit is the basic personal reality in the universes, and personality is basic to all progressing experience with spiritual reality. Every phase of personality experience on every successive level of universe progression swarms with clues to the discovery of alluring personal realities. Man’s true destiny consists in the creation of new and spirit goals and then in responding to the cosmic allurements of such supernal goals of nonmaterial value.

12:9.2

Love is the secret of beneficial association between personalities. You cannot really know a person as the result of a single contact. You cannot appreciatingly know music through mathematical deduction, even though music is a form of mathematical rhythm. The number assigned to a telephone subscriber does not in any manner identify the personality of that subscriber or signify anything concerning his character.

12:9.3

Mathematics, material science, is indispensable to the intelligent discussion of the material aspects of the universe, but such knowledge is not necessarily a part of the higher realization of truth or of the personal appreciation of spiritual realities. Not only in the realms of life but even in the world of physical energy, the sum of two or more things is very often something more than, or something different from, the predictable additive consequences of such unions. The entire science of mathematics, the whole domain of philosophy, the highest physics or chemistry, could not predict or know that the union of two gaseous hydrogen atoms with one gaseous oxygen atom would result in a new and qualitatively superadditive substance—liquid water. The understanding knowledge of this one physiochemical phenomenon should have prevented the development of materialistic philosophy and mechanistic cosmology.

12:9.4

Technical analysis does not reveal what a person or a thing can do. For example: Water is used effectively to extinguish fire. That water will put out fire is a fact of everyday experience, but no analysis of water could ever be made to disclose such a property. Analysis determines that water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen; a further study of these elements discloses that oxygen is the real supporter of combustion and that hydrogen will itself freely burn.

12:9.5

Your religion is becoming real because it is emerging from the slavery of fear and the bondage of superstition. Your philosophy struggles for emancipation from dogma and tradition. Your science is engaged in the agelong contest between truth and error while it fights for deliverance from the bondage of abstraction, the slavery of mathematics, and the relative blindness of mechanistic materialism.

12:9.6

Mortal man has a spirit nucleus. The mind is a personal-energy system existing around a divine spirit nucleus and functioning in a material environment. Such a living relationship of personal mind and spirit constitutes the universe potential of eternal personality. Real trouble, lasting disappointment, serious defeat, or inescapable death can come only after self-concepts presume fully to displace the governing power of the central spirit nucleus, thereby disrupting the cosmic scheme of personality identity.

12:9.7

[Presented by a Perfector of Wisdom acting by authority of the Ancients of Days.]

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Nameless wrote:

All of Nebadon bears witness to the Seventh Bestowal of Michael of Nebadon, it notes in the UB that Jesus lived the life as a “Son of Man” on Urantia for EVERYONE in Nebadon, so why would ANY subsequent “revelation” to be any different?!

Perhaps Paper 92 would be helpful for understanding the Revelatory Director’s approval to include Section 4. Note paragraph 9 and the words “partial, transient, and practically adapted.” And local too. Each planetary revelation is adapted to unique needs and the Managers’ ultimate universal plans for  settling in Light and Life, which seems to directly address your question of why revelation would be different. Michael revealed for his entire universe, but we should not assume each planet received his teachings simultaneously or in the same amounts. And if we could be somewhat remotely accurate in our guesses, who of us could say about how of anything should be revealed on other planets, considering their needs? To ask why would “ANY subsequent revelation to be any different” seems like a basic assumption of universe-wide continuity and uniformity, when it seems reasonable all are different. Note for example, the many types of humans adapted for varying planetary materials differences. With all the variances who can say all spiritual needs are uniform?

We’d all do best to trust Michael and Mother to know what we practically need here on Urantia.

We are able to trust the Trinity Teacher Sons for knowing what we need in the future. They will likely have much to say about Michael and Mother’s plans; we may assume our Parents will inform them of what they desire for us to know, plus they will have a Paradise perspective previously approved for all worlds.

I get the “feeling” we know nothing yet!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Great points Mark!

Each material world receives the Spirit of Truth individually based on a specifically timed planetary bestowal mission on each such material world.  Every world is at a very different stage of its Mortal Epochs progression.  While “all of Nebadon” benefitted by the final bestowal of Michael, only the celestials might actually know of that ministry on Urantia, not the mortal populations on material worlds unless well advanced in their own epochs and not in quarantine.

The transformative result of the final bestowal was the power of the Master from Creator Son to Master Son, so indeed did all of Nebadon benefit therefrom and thereby.  Jesus lived as a twofold person – both as the Son of Man but also as the Son of God!  Paper 119 teaches much about Michael’s bestowal missions.

Every world enjoys its own very specific, and in many ways very unique, epochal revelations.  None of those are universal…according to the UB.  Each comes in a sequence and in a timing or spacing that depends entirely on that world’s progression through the Mortal Epochs.  This is most especially true on every world suffering from quarantine, rebellion on any level of System or Planetary, and any defaults by any ministry such as the Material Son and Daughter.

This is also true of individual persons…we receive responsive and very personalized ministry!  As does each material world.  It is false and ridiculous to claim that Lucifer or Satan of Caligastia or ANY Nebadon celestial benefitted by the Urantia Book.  Just is not true.  Part I of the UB is a very basic primer on cosmology that any celestial already knows all about!  To claim otherwise is to ignore, defy, and contradict the UB itself.  This is not mysterious or iffy or problematic or left unaddressed.  It is addressed directly and plenty.

The normal order of Epochal Revelations for material worlds is clearly presented.  Urantia received the first 2 in the same fashion and form as all other worlds….the Prince’s Staff and HQ and the Material Son and Daughter (although they came to a rebellion torn world).  Since then, our Epochal Revelations have been out of sequence and in a very unique form and fashion…although the Spirit of Truth is also a normal form of Epochal Revelatory ministry.

Let us not attempt to excuse Lucifer by any claim that he was ignorant of anything which might have caused his betrayal, disloyalty, folly, and insanity!

;-)

Hi Mark,

Please remember that I am NOT a UB code-talker. I do use the UB.

So to your “perhaps”, here’s a “perhaps” – Paper 120.

It was Michael of Nebadon’s Seventh and Final Bestowal.

EVERYONE in Nebadon has access to the history of all of Michael’s Bestowals.

https://bigbluebook.org/120/3/

last paragraph – “…Then, immediately, in the presence of all Salvington assembled, Michael removed himself from our midst, and we saw him no more in his accustomed place until his return as the supreme and personal ruler of the universe, subsequent to the completion of his bestowal career on Urantia….”

So in the case of Michael’s Seventh Bestowal, it was both a Nebadon event and a local revelation.

Here’s what makes philosophical questions like “Who/Why Are We?” a NORMAL question.  STRANGE – how “controversial” has “normal” become?!

Once we ALL know that it took billions of years of “cosmic” energies down-stepping until we have rocks :-) and then an equally cosmic timeframe of rocks deconstructing into a chemistry that “LIFE” can be planted onto, “WHY?” never popped into YOUR mind?!  Moving right along to a “post-human” era?  On a planet that is a NURSERY for LIFE FORMS that took billions of years to evolve….?!

Where is THAT in the UB…?

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

I’m not a code talker either!

Just read the book. Comprehension is a challenge for all of us and sharing opinion about what the revelators shared with us is one reason why this forum exists. If you don’t like the book contents, then so be it, but if you listen deeply to the content, given time, you will comprehend more. There is no benefit to anyone to gripe about what they gave us or about what you wanted them to say.

Relax!

Hi Rick!

You wrote, “Can’t recall it being suggested there are excuses, but there are reasons worthy of inspection and contemplation. Circumscribed viewpoint, impatience, and pride for three. Would it be an error to say, those three are always at the bottom of rebellion, when stripped of their sophistry and dazzle?”

Here’s what the author of Paper 53 shared about Lucifer…..

Paper 53

The Lucifer Rebellion

LUCIFER was a brilliant primary Lanonandek Son of Nebadon. He had experienced service in many systems, had been a high counselor of his group, and was distinguished for wisdom, sagacity, and efficiency. Lucifer was number 37 of his order, and when commissioned by the Melchizedeks, he was designated as one of the one hundred most able and brilliant personalities in more than seven hundred thousand of his kind. From such a magnificent beginning, through evil and error, he embraced sin and now is numbered as one of three System Sovereigns in Nebadon who have succumbed to the urge of self and surrendered to the sophistry of spurious personal liberty—rejection of universe allegiance and disregard of fraternal obligations, blindness to cosmic relationships.

53:0.2

In the universe of Nebadon, the domain of Christ Michael, there are ten thousand systems of inhabited worlds. In all the history of Lanonandek Sons, in all their work throughout these thousands of systems and at the universe headquarters, only three System Sovereigns have ever been found in contempt of the government of the Creator Son.”

———————————————————————————

More misery for others = More $$$$ for ME ME ME

hardly genius “math” – but very “efficient” with “modern technology”…..talk about “impatient”, huh?  NANOSECONDS….

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Mark,

So by me pointing out that it was BOTH, you DARE to twist it to THIS…?  You and Bradley are ALWAY PROJECTING. YOU relax. YOU stop being anxious.

Are you both so dazzled that you still DO NOT UNDERSTAND the science?  There is NO WAY you KNOW anything REAL about me – what I “feel”, what I am “complaining about” – NONE OF IT from microchip pulses.  If you believe you can, or have some “data” OBTAINED without anyone’s consent to suck off their personal theta or beta or any other brain waves to store in a “cloud” that you “own”, then you have only weaponized that capability against LIFE FORMS.

If you knew the real me, ALL my experiences at this first rodeo, you would definitely not be mansplaining me with THIS Psychology 101 transference:

“…..Just read the book. Comprehension is a challenge for all of us and sharing opinion about what the revelators shared with us is one reason why this forum exists. If you don’t like the book contents, then so be it, but if you listen deeply, given time, you will comprehend more of what is presented. There is no benefit to gripe about what they gave us or about what you wanted them to say….”

I pointed out that it was BOTH.  YOU read the book.

At least Rick and Nigel are SINCERE and know how to study and learn – even when they are doing some UB code-talking…so I thank them for that and glad to hear that everyone is on high alert, even UB code-talkers.

Here’s a warning, that in UB code-talking lalaland forum worlds would be a smarter way to get it heard and accepted if I swore it was Napoleon or Confuse-us channeling it through me and then a “Bradly” or a “Mark” or a “Ron” would certify it with some made-up allusion to authority over others that GOD did not give them and say it was really Napoleon…

“Get your self-contained operations – like a factory making dog food – off the internet if you want to survive.”

It’s weaponized, and going down because of that.

And taking down the so-called cloud is the “proportionate” response if you KNOW anything about the 1000 year old “Just War” criteria – proportionate response.

This is a spiritually vicious ideological war – POLITICAL TOTALITARIAN ATHEISM.

Efficient and cheap mass murder – kicked off with the smallpox blanket schtick….followed by anarchy….and everyone just waiting to see how they will be made to suffer and die slowly while the elite laugh at how stupid we all are – “it was like taking candy from a baby”

but everyone will be dying together in the metaphor for god –  “must use the internet”….

EFFICIENT.

Everything GOOD that computers can be used for is not lost, just needs re-boot off the dark cloud….also easy peasy cheap efficiency

Hey! At least we will not have to make the choice between breathing and having 5G speedy connections to beastiality web searches…

Moderator-2

TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN

Please refrain from attacking one another on this forum. If you disagree with the views of another, then by all means say so but do it with respect and goodwill. This forum is not a place for airing your personal views about worldly politics or ideologies. As much as possible, let The Urantia Book speak for itself and recognize that anything said in addition is simply your personal opinion or interpretation.

May I leave you with these pertinent quotes from the book:

The great man is not he who “takes a city” or “overthrows a nation,” but rather “he who subdues his own tongue.” P.317:1

The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained. P.557:14

If some one irritates you, causes feelings of resentment, you should sympathetically seek to discern his viewpoint, his reasons for such objectionable conduct. If once you understand your neighbor, you will become tolerant, and this tolerance will grow into friendship and ripen into love. P.1098:1

All too often, when we battle for the right, it turns out that both the victor and the vanquished have sustained defeat. I heard the Master say only yesterday that the “wise man, when seeking entrance through the locked door, would not destroy the door but rather would seek for the key wherewith to unlock it.” Too often we engage in a fight merely to convince ourselves that we are not afraid. P.1778:1,2

Always we may have diversity of intellectual comprehension and interpretation, even varying degrees of socialization, but lack of spiritual brotherhood is both inexcusable and reprehensible. P.1866:3

In closing, may I remind you of this statement in the Forum rules:

Participants are subject to a 3-strike policy regarding misconduct. First, a private warning; second a 30-day ban from the forum; third infraction within a year may result in loss of participation.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Moderator 2

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

From above:  “If you disagree with the views of another, then by all means say so but do it with respect and goodwill. This forum is not a place for airing your personal views about worldly politics or ideologies.”

3 strikes, eh?  But each of 30 posts here by Nameless impose personal and paranoid political rants, personal insults to any and all who disagree with those proclamations of political opinions, and inflict endless code-talking contradictions to the UB onto the community here which have only distracted from and derailed the actual topic under discussion….no matter how many here try so frequently to get us back to the actual subject.

The whole topic has effectively been hijacked…and not the first or only one either.

Perhaps Nameless might start their own topic of interest that conforms to the Forum’s Guidelines regarding “personal views of worldly politics or ideologies”?

Best wishes in your efforts to moderate the discourse and guide us back to the actual topic.  You are to be commended for your patience and persistent efforts.  Thank you.

Respectfully and in good will…

;-)

The Moderator was talking to you, Bradley, and Mark.  Atheism is not a technical spiritual disagreement among family and all evidence of Who/Why/What since 1934 is already with the Most Highs.

Since I never heard about the Melchizedek species of celestial beings until I read the UB, I seem to have a lot less prejudice or any other kind of personal baggage about who/why they are and there is nothing I have seen so far

– if you use this thread as a very limited example of a handful of people who have previously heard or read stories about the single Melchizedek who is lucky enough to continue to be assigned to our Earth – Urantia –  for crisis management –

that there is a more replete history of Melchizedeks among earth records than what I read in The Urantia Book about them.

How many destructions of experientially earned human Libraries, SPURIOUS re-writes of what knowledge was in those Libraries, and always followed by POLITICAL censorship and anarchy have gone on in the past 1000 years since Mel was here last…?

Yikes! A lot and ongoing!

It’s going to get a loss less “convenient” for all manner of globalist agendas….a proportionate response to “weaponization” of communications making them less convenient is JUST WAR application.

“…it’s only a thing that can be replaced…”

“Global” would be a Melchizedek responsibility, it seems, since there have never been 8 billion human beings testing the Nursery Operations. Speculation at nanoseconds among Mel fans as to what human global institutions in place right now will Mel choose to operate from, and if the United Nations wants to “be chosen”, they might want to get up off their knees since Mel will never choose the leftover luciferian loyalists with their 4 eyes cell phones…..it gets so vicious – even the Fandors got wiped out – but that’s what always happens when liars, thieves and murderers get their paychecks from atheists…I know of what I speak.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-24/un-issues-warning-to-us-authorities-over-black-lives-matter/12491624

https://www.un.org/ruleoflaw/thematic-areas/transnational-threats/transnational-organized-crime/

Mel would definitely be more into working with the humble roll up your sleeves clean up the plastic crew like this enterprise:

https://www.rt.com/news/495440-plastic-battery-powering-submarine/

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

And yet….you are the only poster here who is endlessly …”airing your personal views about worldly politics or ideologies.”

Oh well…hijacked it is then…

Evidently the room is yours….and the actual topic appears done here too…

:-(

The philosophy behind separation of church and state in the first amendment (USA government still standing)

was to keep STATE from corrupting CHURCH…..You are the only one, Bradly. who is confused about what is “political”…

Back to Part III – The History of Urantia (so grateful for all the anonymous and unsung heroes that made sure that there is a Fifth Epochal Revelation in spite of so much to the contrary)

Part II – Paper 35 is the introduction to “The Local Universe Sons of God” – Melchizedeks and Lanonandeks

I strongly recommend reading the book sequentially, or at the very least, read about Who/Why when they are first introduced in the book – there is a “Normal” ;-)

Part III – Paper 66 – Here is how “job creation” on a planet that is a Nursery of Life, like we are, was carried out 500,000 years ago by Caligastia – it started out “normal” and Human Beings were about 500,000 years old, as a species, when the Planetary Prince arrived:

5. Organization of the One Hundred

66:5.1

The one hundred were organized for service in ten autonomous councils of ten members each. When two or more of these ten councils met in joint session, such liaison gatherings were presided over by Daligastia. These ten groups were constituted as follows:

66:5.2

1. The council on food and material welfare. This group was presided over by Ang. Food, water, clothes, and the material advancement of the human species were fostered by this able corps. They taught well digging, spring control, and irrigation. They taught those from the higher altitudes and from the north improved methods of treating skins for use as clothing, and weaving was later introduced by the teachers of art and science.

66:5.3

Great advances were made in methods of food storage. Food was preserved by cooking, drying, and smoking; it thus became the earliest property. Man was taught to provide for the hazards of famine, which periodically decimated the world.

66:5.4

2. The board of animal domestication and utilization. This council was dedicated to the task of selecting and breeding those animals best adapted to help human beings in bearing burdens and transporting themselves, to supply food, and later on to be of service in the cultivation of the soil. This able corps was directed by Bon.

66:5.5

Several types of useful animals, now extinct, were tamed, together with some that have continued as domesticated animals to the present day. Man had long lived with the dog, and the blue man had already been successful in taming the elephant. The cow was so improved by careful breeding as to become a valuable source of food; butter and cheese became common articles of human diet. Men were taught to use oxen for burden bearing, but the horse was not domesticated until a later date. The members of this corps first taught men to use the wheel for the facilitation of traction.

66:5.6

It was in these days that carrier pigeons were first used, being taken on long journeys for the purpose of sending messages or calls for help. Bon’s group were successful in training the great fandors as passenger birds, but they became extinct more than thirty thousand years ago.

66:5.7

3. The advisers regarding the conquest of predatory animals. It was not enough that early man should try to domesticate certain animals, but he must also learn how to protect himself from destruction by the remainder of the hostile animal world. This group was captained by Dan.

66:5.8

The purpose of an ancient city wall was to protect against ferocious beasts as well as to prevent surprise attacks by hostile humans. Those living without the walls and in the forest were dependent on tree dwellings, stone huts, and the maintenance of night fires. It was therefore very natural that these teachers should devote much time to instructing their pupils in the improvement of human dwellings. By employing improved techniques and by the use of traps, great progress was made in animal subjugation.

66:5.9

4. The faculty on dissemination and conservation of knowledge. This group organized and directed the purely educational endeavors of those early ages. It was presided over by Fad. The educational methods of Fad consisted in supervision of employment accompanied by instruction in improved methods of labor. Fad formulated the first alphabet and introduced a writing system. This alphabet contained twenty-five characters. For writing material these early peoples utilized tree barks, clay tablets, stone slabs, a form of parchment made of hammered hides, and a crude form of paperlike material made from wasps’ nests. The Dalamatia library, destroyed soon after the Caligastia disaffection, comprised more than two million separate records and was known as the “house of Fad.”

66:5.10

The blue man was partial to alphabet writing and made the greatest progress along such lines. The red man preferred pictorial writing, while the yellow races drifted into the use of symbols for words and ideas, much like those they now employ. But the alphabet and much more was subsequently lost to the world during the confusion attendant upon rebellion. The Caligastia defection destroyed the hope of the world for a universal language, at least for untold ages.

66:5.11

5. The commission on industry and trade. This council was employed in fostering industry within the tribes and in promoting trade between the various peace groups. Its leader was Nod. Every form of primitive manufacture was encouraged by this corps. They contributed directly to the elevation of standards of living by providing many new commodities to attract the fancy of primitive men. They greatly expanded the trade in the improved salt produced by the council on science and art.

66:5.12

It was among these enlightened groups educated in the Dalamatia schools that the first commercial credit was practiced. From a central exchange of credits they secured tokens which were accepted in lieu of the actual objects of barter. The world did not improve upon these business methods for hundreds of thousands of years.

66:5.13

6. The college of revealed religion. This body was slow in functioning. Urantia civilization was literally forged out between the anvil of necessity and the hammers of fear. But this group had made considerable progress in their attempt to substitute Creator fear for creature fear (ghost worship) before their labors were interrupted by the later confusion attendant upon the secession upheaval. The head of this council was Hap.

66:5.14

None of the Prince’s staff would present revelation to complicate evolution; they presented revelation only as the climax of their exhaustion of the forces of evolution. But Hap did yield to the desire of the inhabitants of the city for the establishment of a form of religious service. His group provided the Dalamatians with the seven chants of worship and also gave them the daily praise-phrase and eventually taught them “the Father’s prayer,” which was:

66:5.15

“Father of all, whose Son we honor, look down upon us with favor. Deliver us from the fear of all save you. Make us a pleasure to our divine teachers and forever put truth on our lips. Deliver us from violence and anger; give us respect for our elders and that which belongs to our neighbors. Give us this season green pastures and fruitful flocks to gladden our hearts. We pray for the hastening of the coming of the promised uplifter, and we would do your will on this world as others do on worlds beyond.”

66:5.16

Although the Prince’s staff were limited to natural means and ordinary methods of race improvement, they held out the promise of the Adamic gift of a new race as the goal of subsequent evolutionary growth upon the attainment of the height of biologic development.

66:5.17

7. The guardians of health and life. This council was concerned with the introduction of sanitation and the promotion of primitive hygiene and was led by Lut.

66:5.18

Its members taught much that was lost during the confusion of subsequent ages, never to be rediscovered until the twentieth century. They taught mankind that cooking, boiling and roasting, was a means of avoiding sickness; also that such cooking greatly reduced infant mortality and facilitated early weaning.

66:5.19

Many of the early teachings of Lut’s guardians of health persisted among the tribes of earth on down to the days of Moses, even though they became much garbled and were greatly changed.

66:5.20

The great obstacle in the way of promoting hygiene among these ignorant peoples consisted in the fact that the real causes of many diseases were too small to be seen by the naked eye, and also because they all held fire in superstitious regard. It required thousands of years to persuade them to burn refuse. In the meantime they were urged to bury their decaying rubbish. The great sanitary advance of this epoch came from the dissemination of knowledge regarding the health-giving and disease-destroying properties of sunlight.

66:5.21

Before the Prince’s arrival, bathing had been an exclusively religious ceremonial. It was indeed difficult to persuade primitive men to wash their bodies as a health practice. Lut finally induced the religious teachers to include cleansing with water as a part of the purification ceremonies to be practiced in connection with the noontime devotions, once a week, in the worship of the Father of all.

66:5.22

These guardians of health also sought to introduce handshaking in substitution for saliva exchange or blood drinking as a seal of personal friendship and as a token of group loyalty. But when out from under the compelling pressure of the teachings of their superior leaders, these primitive peoples were not slow in reverting to their former health-destroying and disease-breeding practices of ignorance and superstition.

66:5.23

8. The planetary council on art and science. This corps did much to improve the industrial technique of early man and to elevate his concepts of beauty. Their leader was Mek.

66:5.24

Art and science were at a low ebb throughout the world, but the rudiments of physics and chemistry were taught the Dalamatians. Pottery was advanced, decorative arts were all improved, and the ideals of human beauty were greatly enhanced. But music made little progress until after the arrival of the violet race.

66:5.25

These primitive men would not consent to experiment with steam power, notwithstanding the repeated urgings of their teachers; never could they overcome their great fear of the explosive power of confined steam. They were, however, finally persuaded to work with metals and fire, although a piece of red-hot metal was a terrorizing object to early man.

66:5.26

Mek did a great deal to advance the culture of the Andonites and to improve the art of the blue man. A blend of the blue man with the Andon stock produced an artistically gifted type, and many of them became master sculptors. They did not work in stone or marble, but their works of clay, hardened by baking, adorned the gardens of Dalamatia.

66:5.27

Great progress was made in the home arts, most of which were lost in the long and dark ages of rebellion, never to be rediscovered until modern times.

66:5.28

9. The governors of advanced tribal relations. This was the group intrusted with the work of bringing human society up to the level of statehood. Their chief was Tut.

66:5.29

These leaders contributed much to bringing about intertribal marriages. They fostered courtship and marriage after due deliberation and full opportunity to become acquainted. The purely military war dances were refined and made to serve valuable social ends. Many competitive games were introduced, but these ancient folk were a serious people; little humor graced these early tribes. Few of these practices survived the subsequent disintegration of planetary insurrection.

66:5.30

Tut and his associates labored to promote group associations of a peaceful nature, to regulate and humanize warfare, to co-ordinate intertribal relations, and to improve tribal governments. In the vicinity of Dalamatia there developed a more advanced culture, and these improved social relations were very helpful in influencing more remote tribes. But the pattern of civilization prevailing at the Prince’s headquarters was quite different from the barbaric society evolving elsewhere, just as the twentieth-century society of Capetown, South Africa, is totally unlike the crude culture of the diminutive Bushmen to the north.

66:5.31

10. The supreme court of tribal co-ordination and racial co-operation. This supreme council was directed by Van and was the court of appeals for all of the other nine special commissions charged with the supervision of human affairs. This council was one of wide function, being intrusted with all matters of earthly concern which were not specifically assigned to the other groups. This selected corps had been approved by the Constellation Fathers of Edentia before they were authorized to assume the functions of the supreme court of Urantia”

Here is what happened to this planetary organization after Lucifer’s Manifesto was embraced about 200,000 years ago – Paper 67:

4. The Caligastia One Hundred after Rebellion

67:4.1

When the final roll was called, the corporeal members of the Prince’s staff were found to have aligned themselves as follows: Van and his entire court of co-ordination had remained loyal. Ang and three members of the food council had survived. The board of animal husbandry were all swept into rebellion as were all of the animal-conquest advisers. Fad and five members of the educational faculty were saved. Nod and all of the commission on industry and trade joined Caligastia. Hap and the entire college of revealed religion remained loyal with Van and his noble band. Lut and the whole board of health were lost. The council of art and science remained loyal in its entirety, but Tut and the commission on tribal government all went astray. Thus were forty out of the one hundred saved, later to be transferred to Jerusem, where they resumed their Paradise journey.

67:4.2

The sixty members of the planetary staff who went into rebellion chose Nod as their leader. They worked wholeheartedly for the rebel Prince but soon discovered that they were deprived of the sustenance of the system life circuits. They awakened to the fact that they had been degraded to the status of mortal beings. They were indeed superhuman but, at the same time, material and mortal. In an effort to increase their numbers, Daligastia ordered immediate resort to sexual reproduction, knowing full well that the original sixty and their forty-four modified Andonite associates were doomed to suffer extinction by death, sooner or later. After the fall of Dalamatia the disloyal staff migrated to the north and the east. Their descendants were long known as the Nodites, and their dwelling place as “the land of Nod.”

67:4.3

The presence of these extraordinary supermen and superwomen, stranded by rebellion and presently mating with the sons and daughters of earth, easily gave origin to those traditional stories of the gods coming down to mate with mortals. And thus originated the thousand and one legends of a mythical nature, but founded on the facts of the postrebellion days, which later found a place in the folk tales and traditions of the various peoples whose ancestors had participated in these contacts with the Nodites and their descendants.

67:4.4

The staff rebels, deprived of spiritual sustenance, eventually died a natural death. And much of the subsequent idolatry of the human races grew out of the desire to perpetuate the memory of these highly honored beings of the days of Caligastia.

67:4.5

When the staff of one hundred came to Urantia, they were temporarily detached from their Thought Adjusters. Immediately upon the arrival of the Melchizedek receivers the loyal personalities (except Van) were returned to Jerusem and were reunited with their waiting Adjusters. We know not the fate of the sixty staff rebels; their Adjusters still tarry on Jerusem. Matters will undoubtedly rest as they now are until the entire Lucifer rebellion is finally adjudicated and the fate of all participants decreed.

67:4.6

It was very difficult for such beings as angels and midwayers to conceive of brilliant and trusted rulers like Caligastia and Daligastia going astray—committing traitorous sin. Those beings who fell into sin—they did not deliberately or premeditatedly enter upon rebellion—were misled by their superiors, deceived by their trusted leaders. It was likewise easy to win the support of the primitive-minded evolutionary mortals.

67:4.7

The vast majority of all human and superhuman beings who were victims of the Lucifer rebellion on Jerusem and the various misled planets have long since heartily repented of their folly; and we truly believe that all such sincere penitents will in some manner be rehabilitated and restored to some phase of universe service when the Ancients of Days finally complete the adjudication of the affairs of the Satania rebellion, which they have so recently begun.

There is no “post-human” planet like ours anywhere in all of Creation.  It’s “cosmic insanity”.

For 200,000 years, luciferian loyalists have embedded themselves:

67:4.1

When the final roll was called, the corporeal members of the Prince’s staff were found to have aligned themselves as follows: Van and his entire court of co-ordination had remained loyal. Ang and three members of the food council had survived. The board of animal husbandry were all swept into rebellion as were all of the animal-conquest advisers. Fad and five members of the educational faculty were saved. Nod and all of the commission on industry and trade joined Caligastia. Hap and the entire college of revealed religion remained loyal with Van and his noble band. Lut and the whole board of health were lost. The council of art and science remained loyal in its entirety, but Tut and the commission on tribal government all went astray. Thus were forty out of the one hundred saved, later to be transferred to Jerusem, where they resumed their Paradise journey.

Information about human history in Part III has triggered much rancor, so far, like this info about Tut in Paper 66….you understand WHY the comparison is made when you read Paper 67 and are informed that Tut “went astray” making things worse for tribes like the Bushmen….

66:5.30

Tut and his associates labored to promote group associations of a peaceful nature, to regulate and humanize warfare, to co-ordinate intertribal relations, and to improve tribal governments. In the vicinity of Dalamatia there developed a more advanced culture, and these improved social relations were very helpful in influencing more remote tribes. But the pattern of civilization prevailing at the Prince’s headquarters was quite different from the barbaric society evolving elsewhere, just as the twentieth-century society of Capetown, South Africa, is totally unlike the crude culture of the diminutive Bushmen to the north.

And then from Paper 68 – comes this observation, in 1934, at the height of the physical power potential of the Industrial Revolution:

“….Vanity contributed mightily to the birth of society; but at the time of these revelations the devious strivings of a vainglorious generation threaten to swamp and submerge the whole complicated structure of a highly specialized civilization. Pleasure-want has long since superseded hunger-want; the legitimate social aims of self-maintenance are rapidly translating themselves into base and threatening forms of self-gratification. Self-maintenance builds society; unbridled self-gratification unfailingly destroys civilization….”

WWII should have never happened.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.