The "Document"

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The "Document"

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Let’s not be afraid!!!!! ;-)

Creating a new religion has become outdated and useless.

The younger generations are increasingly turning away from religious institutions.

Whether it’s the old or the new!

Because more and more intelligent they judge trees by their fruits.

When the sterility of audiovisual relations, materialism and selfishness are understood, the younger generations will feel the need to live true fraternity.

In thoughts, feelings and actions for the construction of an ideal world.

For religion, the true religion, is the indispensable source of the higher energy that drives men to establish a higher civilization based on human brotherhood. (LU/79 :4.9)

Everything in us in the Love of God.

Samuel

______________________________________________________________________________________________

In French:

N’ayons pas peur !!!

Créer une nouvelle religion est devenue démodé et inutile.

Les jeunes générations se détournent de plus en plus des institutions religieuses.

Que ce sois les anciennes ou les nouvelles !

Car de plus en plus intelligentes elles jugent les arbres à leurs fruits.

Lorsque la stérilité des relations audio-visuelles, du matérialisme et de l’égoïsme sera comprise, les jeunes générations ressentiront le besoin de vivre la vraie fraternité.

En pensées, en sentiments et en actions pour la construction d’un monde idéal.

Car la religion, la vraie, est la source indispensable de l’énergie supérieure qui pousse les hommes à établir une civilisation supérieure fondée sur la fraternité humaine. (LU/79 :4.9)

Tout en nous en l’Amour de Dieu.

Samuel

Friendship enhances joys, glorifies the triumphs of life and fidelity is a treasure of the soul.

André
    André
    Participant

G’day,

24 hours ago searching a different point of view for a friend whom receive “the document.

I happily found out, you have laid 11 pages. 3 on the subject and 8 pros and cons.

Registry of such subjects are essentials when an honest soul are looking to take a stand. Always prudence is at stake when has you said we are at a carrefour. Michaël is there and point the direction.

I”ll not engage debating personnals point of views. Just pinpoint TUB reveal to us Urantians “… good or bad everything work for ours own good.” … I’am not pessimist regarding time ahead of us it repose in the hands of God. It’s God’s plans. Not humans or”celestial entity”.The Most High Fathers rule on the kingdom of men.

Bonita sign and underline a sound input to not paid attention to stubborn wander souls. It show, she red and retain this wise mature advice.

So do I.

In brotherhood,

André

Gene
    Participant

The Urantia book will likely take a millennium to fully understand and incorporate into the majority of humanity along with its transformative philosophy, science and religion.

The framework for an ideal world is and has been among us for almost 245 years. Likely at least part of the reason the revelation is in English.

indoctrinated and uneducated youth will likely need to do much damage before self righteousness is purged from their minds. Getting past the 6th Adjutant seems to get much more difficult with the demise of any kind of a religious background/upbringing.

the vast majority of the garbage I read on social media’s are from people who know they are right, very Luciferian.

I’ve already given my opinion about the document.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

I hope that the Urantian brotherhood will not wait 1000 years to organize concrete ideas of selfless and altruistic services in society.

There are countless useful and constructive ideas for yourself and others.

In humanitarian and social work!

This must be one of the main objectives for the realization of social fraternity in our world.

Be living examples of what we believe in.

This is the emerging factor of a superior civilization based on human brotherhood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyA4ScSogVQ

Let me ask you this: Are you able to drink the cup I’m about to drink?

(LU/171:0.5)

Jesus our model!

That’s my prayer. :good:

Samuel

______________________________________________________________________________________________

In French :

J’espère que la fraternité Urantienne n’attendra pas 1000 ans pour organiser des idées concrètes de services désintéressés et altruistes dans la société.

Il y à d’innombrables idées utiles et constructives pour soi-même et pour les autres.

Dans l’humanitaire et l’action sociale!

Cela doit faire partie des objectifs principaux pour la réalisation de la fraternité sociale sur notre monde.

Etre des exemples vivants de ce en quoi nous croyons.

Voilà le facteur émergent  d’une civilisation supérieure fondée sur la fraternité humaine !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyA4ScSogVQ

Laissez-moi vous demander ceci : Êtes-vous capables de boire la coupe que je suis sur le point de boire ?
    (LU/171:0.5)

Jésus notre modèle !

C’est ma prière. :good:

Samuel

Friendship enhances joys, glorifies the triumphs of life and fidelity is a treasure of the soul.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

In our cities, people must say, we have seen the Urantian Brotherhood and readers of The Urantia Book do humanitarian service and social action in groups.

There is no better way to enrich each other, enrich others and positively promote the Urantia Book.

Samuel ;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I have been so inspired for over 40 years by the many thousands of dedicated and loyal and sincere volunteers who have worked so tirelessly and creatively and effectively to serve all of humanity by demonstrating how to join together and organize such an amazing and fruitful and global dissemination of this Revelation.  What could serve a world more than delivery of epochal revelation I wonder?  Such an example of fraternal cooperation and dedication to a common ideal by true servants joined together by love of others and God within for 100 years, generation after generation.

Gene
    Participant

Liberty and love are spiritual words.

being spiritual, they are also inherently a double edged sword and good as well as bad can result from their experience.

take for example Christians, who over the centuries, courageously/sincerely used their love to spread the word and convert believers. How many people, nations and governments were hurt by this love?? Even Jesus gospel was hurt.

lucifer really/sincerely believed he was doing the right thing excerising unbridled liberty.

One point to consider is that we think that we know right from wrong and from a circumscribed viewpoint we may be right but from a cosmic evolutionary viewpoint we may be wrong.

it is not so easy to get past that 6th Adjutant but it may be easier to imagine that we have. From paper 54: “Even wisdom is divine and safe only when it is cosmic in scope and spiritual in motivation.“

I believe the 5th revelation opens a cosmic window for us so that we have a technique to help visualize eternity from a finite perspective, opening the door to possibly viewing our existence from a cosmic top down as opposed to bottom up perspective, where wisdom is hiding.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’ve always wondered about this quote:

140:5.3 Jesus did not expect his followers to achieve an impossible manifestation of brotherly love, but he did expect them to so strive to be like God — to be perfect even as the Father in heaven is perfect — that they could begin to look upon man as God looks upon his creatures and therefore could begin to love men as God loves them — to show forth the beginnings of a fatherly affection. In the course of these exhortations to the twelve apostles, Jesus sought to reveal this new concept of fatherly love as it is related to certain emotional attitudes concerned in making numerous environmental social adjustments.

What do you think?  Is brotherly love part of the “Urantian Brotherhood”?  Or is the “Urantian Brotherhood” something else?  I think it’s a church, which is fine, but it may or may not be part of the brotherhood of man which requires brotherly love.  The quote says brotherly love is not possible, at least not possible in this current age as I understand it.

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

At the individual level of spiritual progression, this can correspond to the consecration of choice.
    The creature’s choice being added to God’s choice.
    The Urantia Book, page 2095 – §1.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Samuel :-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I’ve never thought of the movement or organizations to be a church or religion myself.  Some have and do but they mostly resented all the resistance to and rejection by the vast majority of those readers who do not support the exclusionary format and isolationist results of those who seek to convince and convert.  The organizations have each and all intentionally avoided any such structure or perception for 65 years now.

There is love and service and teamwork felt and expressed by those in the movement,  both within the readership as a group but also certainly in community .  Many in the movement still attend and belong to churches of congregation and denominations of tradition .

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

In your opinion, can we explain in detail the meaning of the two sentences below?

« And this brotherhood is destined to become a living organism in contrast to an institutionalized social organization. It may well utilize such social organizations, but it must not be supplanted by them.” (The Urantia Book 195: 10 The Future.11)

Excellent Sunday at home.

Samuel

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

Of course, many good things have been achieved and many more are to come.

I’m not criticizing, I share a feeling. :-)

Samuel

Note: Is the English translation understandable to you?

samuel
    samuel
    Participant

My 17-year-old daughter, to a Baha’i friend and told me one morning; “you readers of The Urantia Book, intellectualize yourself a lot on the Internet but you don’t do much in action.”
    She also told me, “Dad, share this little film with your friends who read The Urantia Book and take some of it. No wonder there are so few of you.”

https://www.bahai.org/light-to-the-world/

This is my daughter’s opinion of the judgment she had in learning about the activities of readers of The Urantia Book on the Internet and social networks.

I love the kid! ;-)
    Samuel

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

TUB reveals emotional attitude, way of life play a major part when striving for numerous social adjustments.

Whatever “Urantian Brotherhood” might be, an human organisation can not effuse love. Love found an expressive channel through personnality for services.

Service is, above all, a matter of attitude.

And it is the same with God; if we truly love our Creator and Father, we will submit ourselves to the service of His spiritual kingdom and necessarily wish to participate in His divine plan which consists of growth and expression of divine values in our lives.

But how does service favor our growth? It allows us to grow through the resolution of the challenges it engenders. By submitting ourselves to the service of God and the human fellowship, we can be sure to meet multiple problems to solve. These offer us the necessary opportunities to:
    – Contact with people who think and act
    differently requires some adaptation. This can create emotional tensions that we must learn to resolve.The spirit of service, while ennobling our daily tasks, allows us to discover and understand the real needs people around us have as well as the organizations in which we are committed.
    Itallic’s text. Marc Belleau, Montréal.
    https://urantia-association.org/2011/service-the-expression-of-love

In my Father’s kingdom there shall be neither Jew nor gentile, only those who seek perfection through service, for I declare that he who would be great in my Father’s kingdom must first become server of all. [Paper 137:8.11, page 1536:8]

I perceived this quote 140:5.3

… to achieve an impossible manifestation of brotherly love.

achieve: def. to carry out successfully : accomplish.
    … as not possible to accomplish, to succeed but not preventing to strive for.

Brotherly,

André

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Samuel, responding to your question, it seems the difference involves the word “authority”. Jesus was and still is attempting to help people see value in a living relationship with the Father, whose Indweller is our highest authority for individuals, not the Church or other human religious organization.

A living relationship with God is doing His will; doing so involves personal dedication and reaching for 100 percent consecration of self to His will. Life only comes from life, so if we see life is from the Father through His Son, we have life in real time (always present tense) and have it more abundantly. This is Jesus’ living “gathering” of all men unto him. This must not be replaced by the “church” or a Urantian culture around doctrine, as has happened. A living relationship, as Jesus envisioned, is focused much higher than human doctrine or authority. This relationship is personal, individual, but can be celebrated in group worship and service projects, as people team together in love and value for one another. We can all enjoy God together, but God is not replaced by one or more doctrine or beliefs pushed onto others.

Who has more to offer?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 213 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.