Revealed science

Home Forums Science & History Revealed science

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)
  • Auteur
    Gene
    Participant

i have been searching for the scientist who openly embraces religion in their science.

i have also been searching for the religionists who openly embraces science in their religion.

both of the above outside of the obvious influence of the Urantia revelation as well as being a public effort designed to benefit humanity.

a couple of noteworthy people who put much effort int their work that impacts humanity are Freeman Dyson and Sir John Templeton.

good reads if you search for their books.

this search led me to the science of “geometry”. And what an interesting find for me.

geometry and architecture go hand in hand. It relates to beings who design and build things. Some of our spiritual brothers are masters of incorporating the “science” of geometry with their spirit nature’s and the Urantia book refers (briefly) to such beings. Think about architectural spheres or temples for worship – paper 55:1.3 talks about Morontia Power Supervisors and Master Physical Controllers designing and building planetary temples.

interesting stuff but in a search, I get no hits for geometry and only ten for architecture.

how much of this sort of thing has been revealed to humanity? Some brief references date back to Dalmatia.

to the point of this post:

first consider the life and teachings of Jesus: would you consider every aspect of this a revelation to humanity? If so (and I do) then Jesus as a master boat builder has significance in regard to basic geometry and architecture and building. Possibly much more than an occupation that helped financially.

now consider how much design and building happens in finite creation by mortals and spirit beings – it is beyond our imagination.

it must filter down to us in the form of revelation somehow I can easily assume.

i found the Master Mason organization. Anybody know anything about Free Masons?

they believe that the science of geometry was revealed to them by Adam. Interesting.

some of their Master Masons include Solomon, Euclid and the builders of the great pyramids to include designers and builders of so many wonderful cathedrals and other structures right up to modern times.

the other good news is that Free Masons believe in God. And not a God who is defined by any particular evolutionary religion.

this takes my imagination to the library of Alexandria. It is easy enough to assume that if the historic data about Free Masons is even somewhat correct that there would be some written records in that library? No??

isnt it interesting (imagination taken a step farther) that this combination of scienc and religion did not get the interest of Jesus and Ganid? Or if it did, the Urantia revelation authors  felt that this information was not part of the records they had in mind for us.

anyway, this discovery for me was enlightening and gives me a different perspective about the nature of builders, mortal and immortal.

any thoughts??

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Gene!!

Yes I know something about Free Masonry.  I did my work in the three degrees in the Blue Lodge, brought in by my grandfather and got to present his 50 year pin.  I’ve not been active for over 20 years but have a profound respect for the Lodge and the truths I learned there.  The modern Lodge uses the tools and methods of design and construction to shape personal character based on the patterns of the universe model.  It is metaphorical but more than that too.

I recommend study and consideration of fellowship with the Lodge near you.  And yes, God is central to Free Masonry although it is not a religion itself, many Free Masons are members of churches and serve in their communities and apply the principals of Masonry to the art and philosophy of living.

I think the Craft and Fraternity of Masonry has, through the ages, been a significant contribution to the mortal epochal progress of our world…materially, socially, politically, and morally.

Freemasonry
    Freemasonry or Masonry consists of fraternal organisations that trace their origins to the local fraternities of stonemasons, which from the end of the fourteenth century regulated the qualifications of stonemasons and their interaction with authorities and clients. The degrees of freemasonry retain the three grades of medieval craft guilds, those of Apprentice, Journeyman or fellow, and Master Mason. These are the degrees offered by Craft Freemasonry. Members of these organisations are known as Freemasons or Masons. There are additional degrees, which vary with locality and jurisdiction, and are usually administered by different bodies than the craft degrees.

Your post reminded me of the Celestial Artisans and the opportunities we will have to design and build and form and grow the living worlds of Mansonia and beyond!  The crafts of design and construction is inherent throughout the universes of time and space – consider the architectural spheres and what the very name implies!

Bradly    :good:

Gene
    Participant

Thank you very much for your reply.

if I may clip a couple of your thoughts from your reply:

“The modern Lodge uses the tools and methods of design and construction to shape personal character based on the patterns of the universe model

“The crafts of design and construction is inherent throughout the universes of time and space”

im convinced that the science of geometry, design and building, architecture, were revealed to humanity. Actually, it’s more of an art and craft.

And when the authors of the Urantia book talk about architectural spheres, the reference to “beauty” is always part of it.

Truth, beauty, goodness.

We may now be cutting shaping and stacking stones but  for those of us that have building in our  blood, I believe there is a destiny that is not talked about very much in the revelation.

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.