Personality and Gender Identity

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Personality and Gender Identity

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

TUB do not settle those differend behavior, leaving it to be settle by us.

They are huge subjects intentionnaly leave in ours hands.

When revealators told us Jesus experienced all humans factors. Have you red about sexual awakening,  … nop. Why intendly do not broach it?

When related to an intercourse from Deities to procreate or trinityse an individual … always or often refered as an encounter. Never define it as a “sexual encounter”. Same thing with an habitant of Havonna and origin mortal “encounter”.

Sexual appendice seems belonging to material planet, after survival on morontial and spiritual realitiy those “primitive” encounter leave place for an upgrading pattern.

Gene
    Participant

Clipped from paper 75.1.1

“But when they addressed themselves to the all-important work of eliminating the defectives and degenerates from among the human strains, they were quite dismayed”

From this difficulty that overwhelmed Adam and Eve to today, what does this mean for the human race, how are we impacted, what exactly are defectives and degenerates? My opinion is any beings that retarded progressive evolution but what do I know.

If Adam and Eve could not deal with this problem, who can?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

When revealators told us Jesus experienced all humans factors. Have you red about sexual awakening,  … nop. Why intendly do not broach it?

I think Jesus had quite a bit of confusion over sexuality, enough that a celestial messenger came when he was twelve to remind him it was time to be about his Father’s business.  TUB tells us that Jesus’ adolescent years were just as troubling to him as they are to any other teen, that he went through the gamut of emotions and temptations . . . and we all know that adolescent males have raging hormones . . .  same was undoubtedly true for Jesus.

(1376.2) 124:6.16 And so, even ere the heavy responsibilities of the Nazareth family descended upon his youthful shoulders, there now arrived the celestial messenger to remind this lad, not quite thirteen years of age, that the hour had come to begin the resumption of the responsibilities of a universe.

(1386.1) 126:0.1 OF ALL Jesus’ earth-life experiences, the fourteenth and fifteenth years were the most crucial. These two years, after he began to be self-conscious of divinity and destiny, and before he achieved a large measure of communication with his indwelling Adjuster, were the most trying of his eventful life on Urantia. It is this period of two years which should be called the great test, the real temptation. No human youth, in passing through the early confusions and adjustment problems of adolescence, ever experienced a more crucial testing than that which Jesus passed through during his transition from childhood to young manhood.

From this difficulty that overwhelmed Adam and Eve to today, what does this mean for the human race, how are we impacted, what exactly are defectives and degenerates? My opinion is any beings that retarded progressive evolution but what do I know.

Incidentally Gene, I think you’re way out of line suggesting that homosexuality is defective or degenerate, if that’s what you meant.  It’s not average, ordinary or normal, but not everything outside of the average is defective or degenerate.  Geniuses are not average and no one would suggest that being a genius is defective or degenerate.  It’s just different, a different variety of being.  It’s the goal of evolution for everyone to learn to cooperate with and care for different varieties of beings, and it begins here and now.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

If Adam and Eve could not deal with this problem, who can?

I’m not trying to be provocative here but it might not be a “who” at all.

It might be a “what” instead.

The way things look right now, I can envision that a mere handful of superior and forward looking types of people may be able to survive a nuclear holocaust to eventually repopulate the planet.

I’m optomist though that this will not happen and that something equally as miraculous as the incarnation of the Creator Son will instead occur in time to head off another catastrophe.

Perhaps this will occur with the next stage of finalizing the adjudication of the rebellion.

(53:9.4) Satan could come to Urantia because you had no Son of standing in residence—neither Planetary Prince nor Material Son. Machiventa Melchizedek has since been proclaimed vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia, and the opening of the case of Gabriel vs. Lucifer has signalized the inauguration of temporary planetary regimes on all the isolated worlds. It is true that Satan did periodically visit Caligastia and others of the fallen princes right up to the time of the presentation of these revelations, when there occurred the first hearing of Gabriel’s plea for the annihilation of the archrebels. Satan is now unqualifiedly detained on the Jerusem prison worlds.

Gene
    Participant

“Incidentally Gene, I think you’re way out of line suggesting that homosexuality is defective or degenerate, if that’s what you meant. It’s not average, ordinary or normal, but not everything outside of the average is defective or degenerate. Geniuses are not average and no one would suggest that being a genius is defective or degenerate. It’s just different, a different variety of being. It’s the goal of evolution for everyone to learn to cooperate with and care for different varieties of beings, and it begins here and now.”

I may be out of line but cannot rid myself of this belief. I get along just fine with all sorts of people and some of them I consider defective and degenerate (homosexuals included) because they in my opinion, contribute to retarding progressive human evolution (If all we’re homosexual there would be no humans to evolve) Like my daughter who has been a heroin addict most of her life, and if heroin addiction is a genetic disorder then she must have got it from me, I have often thought there was something defective about me.

Do geniuses retard progressive human evolution?some do if they are the secular types.

I don’t claim to have a real grasp on what defective and degenerate really is but I am comfortable with my opinions.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I’m sorry but homosexuality is definitely defective and degenerate sexually.

It’s abnormal and defies nature.

Is it something to hold against someone personally? No.

But it’s not out of line to call it what it is.

André
    André
    Participant

Van, Gene was right adressing his question with “who” .

There isn’t no object or matter, no “what” can establish plans for evolutive succesfull progression. We have to find a “WHO”. A “WHO” for what nothing is impossible.

As you Gene, I wonder whom can it be ?

Van, have you ever considered the reserve corps of destiny   ?

P1257:2  When human beings are chosen as protectors of planetary destiny.

Here is your “mere handful of superior and forward looking types of people“.

… and they are operative from a long long time on Urantia.

Keryn
    Participant

Hi, TUB do not settle those differend behavior, leaving it to be settle by us. They are huge subjects intentionnaly leave in ours hands. When revealators told us Jesus experienced all humans factors. Have you red about sexual awakening, … nop. Why intendly do not broach it? When related to an intercourse from Deities to procreate or trinityse an individual … always or often refered as an encounter. Never define it as a “sexual encounter”. Same thing with an habitant of Havonna and origin mortal “encounter”. Sexual appendice seems belonging to material planet, after survival on morontial and spiritual realitiy those “primitive” encounter leave place for an upgrading pattern.

Andre,

Thank you for taking the time to post your perspective and insights.  I agree entirely with you that identity with regard to male or female, as well as sexual preference are of this material world and will be properly adjusted in the Mansion Worlds.  Our personality is what we take forward with us, and our personality contains those inherent traits that we refer to as ‘male’ and ‘female’. As Bonita pointed out, what we think of when we hear those terms in our current material existence may not necessarily be precisely what they mean from a celestial perspective.  In the meantime, many couples of same sex possess complementarity of traits, as Bradly pointed out, and contribute to progressive human evolution.

I am so glad to hear your voice on this forum and your ideas and views are important for enlarging the group perspective and understanding of our brothers and sisters.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I just read these quotes and have a few questions:

(938.1) 84:5.11 Woman is man’s equal partner in race reproduction, hence just as important in the unfolding of racial evolution; therefore has evolution increasingly worked toward the realization of women’s rights. But women’s rights are by no means men’s rights. Woman cannot thrive on man’s rights any more than man can prosper on woman’s rights.

(938.2) 84:5.12 Each sex has its own distinctive sphere of existence, together with its own rights within that sphere. If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man’s rights, then, sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men.

(938.3) 84:5.13 Civilization never can obliterate the behavior gulf between the sexes. From age to age the mores change, but instinct never. Innate maternal affection will never permit emancipated woman to become man’s serious rival in industry. Forever each sex will remain supreme in its own domain, domains determined by biologic differentiation and by mental dissimilarity.

(938.4) 84:5.14 Each sex will always have its own special sphere, albeit they will ever and anon overlap. Only socially will men and women compete on equal terms.

If there are only two sexes, male and female, and if each of the two sexes have their own RIGHTS AND DOMAINS, what set of RIGHTS and which DOMAIN do homosexuals have? Do they have their own or must they choose between the two? Pick one or the other?  If women cannot thrive on men’s rights or in their domain and vice versa, how do homosexuals thrive without choosing unless there is a different set of rights and a different domain for them?  Since TUB tells us that these domains can and will overlap, is the overlap where homosexuals find for themselves a place to thrive?  If so, the RIGHTS AND DOMAINS are always changing, which is unfortunate for them. Or maybe I’m misreading this?

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

If transgenderism and homosexuality were a part of filling a niche in the destiny of universe personalities, why didn’t the revelators mention it like they do with how primitive man is most often a candidate for Son fusion with a different destiny than Father fused mortals?

Or how children of predecision age if they die when young also have a different universe destiny?

Gene
    Participant

I just read these quotes and have a few questions:

(938.1) 84:5.11 Woman is man’s equal partner in race reproduction, hence just as important in the unfolding of racial evolution; therefore has evolution increasingly worked toward the realization of women’s rights. But women’s rights are by no means men’s rights. Woman cannot thrive on man’s rights any more than man can prosper on woman’s rights. (938.2) 84:5.12 Each sex has its own distinctive sphere of existence, together with its own rights within that sphere. If woman aspires literally to enjoy all of man’s rights, then, sooner or later, pitiless and emotionless competition will certainly replace that chivalry and special consideration which many women now enjoy, and which they have so recently won from men. (938.3) 84:5.13 Civilization never can obliterate the behavior gulf between the sexes. From age to age the mores change, but instinct never. Innate maternal affection will never permit emancipated woman to become man’s serious rival in industry. Forever each sex will remain supreme in its own domain, domains determined by biologic differentiation and by mental dissimilarity. (938.4) 84:5.14 Each sex will always have its own special sphere, albeit they will ever and anon overlap. Only socially will men and women compete on equal terms.

If there are only two sexes, male and female, and if each of the two sexes have their own RIGHTS AND DOMAINS, what set of RIGHTS and which DOMAIN do homosexuals have? Do they have their own or must they choose between the two? Pick one or the other? If women cannot thrive on men’s rights or in their domain and vice versa, how do homosexuals thrive without choosing unless there is a different set of rights and a different domain for them? Since TUB tells us that these domains can and will overlap, is the overlap where homosexuals find for themselves a place to thrive? If so, the RIGHTS AND DOMAINS are always changing, which is unfortunate for them. Or maybe I’m misreading this?

i think this overlap needs interpretation on a higher level than I can give but my thoughts are that as stated, there are only two sexes. Homo or trans-sexuality is the attempt to do the non-doable: create a third or fourth sex. A Caligastia or Lucifer mentality sort of thing.

i see the overlap more on the family level where a woman may be left as a single parent. She must continue to be a mother while attempting to do the best she can to be a father. This scenario makes more sense to me and it is not non-doable. Same idea for a single father. but there are people out there who would interpret this overlap as the excuse for homosexual or transsexual activities.

recall TUB informs us that the human mind can be devious on a grand scale. It’s easy to justify even destructive and degenerate behaviors if we want to.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

andré wrote:  As gay and reader of UB. . . .

I am touched by your comments andré.  Thank you so much.   The UB is mute on a zillion subjects we would like to know more about. On this subject as you say, the revelators leave to our hands to figure out. I think people are born gay or not. To me it is not a choice. I did not choose to be hetero. I was born that way.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

If transgenderism and homosexuality were a part of filling a niche in the destiny of universe personalities, why didn’t the revelators mention it like they do with how primitive man is most often a candidate for Son fusion with a different destiny than Father fused mortals? Or how children of predecision age if they die when young also have a different universe destiny?

Who says they have a different destiny?

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Who says they have a different destiny?

Here is something.

(40:10.1) Spirit-fused mortals are, generally speaking, confined to a local universe; Son-fused survivors are restricted to a superuniverse; Adjuster-fused mortals are destined to penetrate the universe of universes. The spirits of mortal fusion always ascend to the level of origin; such spirit entities unfailingly return to the sphere of primal source.

I’m still looking for the quote regarding children.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I think there are many issues that offer the opportunity to fear or embrace differentiation….and it is our response, personally, to such opportunities/issues that are very important….and revealing.  Those who fear/hate/reject the differences between ourselves and others feed on poison and threaten their own spiritization.  Consider reading the quotes at the links below:

Intolerance

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=intolerance&zoom_per_page=50&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

Bigotry

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=bigotry+OR+bigotries&zoom_per_page=50&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

Prejudice

https://urantia-association.org/search/?zoom_sort=2&zoom_query=prejudice+OR+prejudices&zoom_per_page=50&zoom_and=0&zoom_cat%5B%5D=-1

Those parents who teach intolerance, bigotry, and prejudice to their children deliver inferior minds to our world.  Children must be taught intolerance….it ain’t normal and it’s not right.  So sad to see such perspective here.  Love is love.  Service is service.  All who love and serve contribute to our world and its progress.  Bigots bring us down and hold us down…..and do the same for themselves….IMO.

111:4.9 [Part III]
    Since this inner life of man is truly creative, there rests upon each person the responsibility of choosing as to whether this creativity shall be spontaneous and wholly haphazard or controlled, directed, and constructive. How can a creative imagination produce worthy children when the stage whereon it functions is already preoccupied by prejudice, hate, fears, resentments, revenge, and bigotries?

I’m sorry but homosexuality is definitely defective and degenerate sexually. It’s abnormal and defies nature.

I’m sorry….but your opinion is definitely defective and degenerate…..and is only your opinion….definitely.  Careful of such poison.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.