Personality and Gender Identity

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Personality and Gender Identity

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Keryn
    Participant

im ok with crossing this line

its a behavior that cannot help progressive evolution. But again, I have stated before that I really do not know what degenerate destructive types that Adam and Eve were responsible for getting rid of. I only know that their feelings and realization of failure and being left alone especially when denied council from the Melchizedeks is something I can identify with and I also feel that we have inherited this same responsibility. I don’t have the wisdom to sort it out and I don’t know anybody that does. That don’t mean we don’t work on it and try to figure it out.

i can identify many behaviors that id like to get rid of but that’s just me with my limited mentality lacking real wisdom – like most people. Yes, mercy is good but it’s not an excuse to do nothing.

How does disrespecting an entire group of human beings, just based on their sexual activity and choice of partner, help with progressive evolution?  What good does it do?  Where is the truth, beauty or goodness in it?

You say ‘mercy is not an excuse to do nothing’.  What is the something that is being done or can be done by those who regard homosexuality with intolerance?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I’m sorry….but your opinion is definitely defective and degenerate…..and is only your opinion….definitely. Careful of such poison.

People have a right to have an opinion different from yours, Bradly. Tolerance is the earmark of a great soul. (156:5.18 )

Indeed Mara….if one expresses their ‘opinion’ as such.  Enno wrote:  “I’m sorry but homosexuality is definitely defective and degenerate sexually.  It’s abnormal and defies nature.”

Enno did not express an opinion….he declared a fact…..which  is a falsehood and not a fact.  Enno has quite a history of making such declarative statements of fact (falsehood).  We are all entitled to our opinions….but not our own facts.  My opinion is that Enno’s declaration is defective….and degenerate….and a contradiction to the UB in so many ways.

And thanks for the topic….lots of illumination here.

:good:

Gene
    Participant

im ok with crossing this line

its a behavior that cannot help progressive evolution. But again, I have stated before that I really do not know what degenerate destructive types that Adam and Eve were responsible for getting rid of. I only know that their feelings and realization of failure and being left alone especially when denied council from the Melchizedeks is something I can identify with and I also feel that we have inherited this same responsibility. I don’t have the wisdom to sort it out and I don’t know anybody that does. That don’t mean we don’t work on it and try to figure it out.

i can identify many behaviors that id like to get rid of but that’s just me with my limited mentality lacking real wisdom – like most people. Yes, mercy is good but it’s not an excuse to do nothing.

How does disrespecting an entire group of human beings, just based on their sexual activity and choice of partner, help with progressive evolution? What good does it do? Where is the truth, beauty or goodness in it? You say ‘mercy is not an excuse to do nothing’. What is the something that is being done or can be done by those who regard homosexuality with intolerance?

disrespect precieved is an assumption on your part.

progressive evolution requires successful families and homo bi or trans sexuals cannot do family and cannot contribute to successful family.

something to do is determine if these degenerate destructive behaviors are genetic and either get rid of the gene or stop producing children and spreading the defect.

Stop teaching our kids and stop the media’s attempts to indoctrinate the public to believe these behaviors are normal.

Just a start

we can all make an effort to take responsibility for the human race and it’s success.

what do you suggest? Maybe get rid of people like me?

Keryn
    Participant

I’m against ‘getting rid’ of people.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

what do you suggest? Maybe get rid of people like me?

I’m pretty sure that the people we need to get rid of are antisocial and their sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.  I’m confident they will find the gene for antisocial behavior, which does seem to run in families.  The Las Vegas shooter and his family come to immediate mind.  These are loveless people who cannot have a meaningful relationship with anyone, same sex or otherwise. If a person is capable of and desirous of maintaining a loving relationship with another person, that individual is a keeper.  I think you’re a keeper Gene.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I find it interesting that the Adamic eugenics plan includes two functions:  infusion of violet genes and isolation/prevention of undesirable traits…a proactive and positive form of breeding with results coming after many generations…all managed lovingly.

And yet all gay people are born in and by hetero couples!  Demographic statistics are unreliable and don’t determine concrete estimates, but I did read that the number seems to be 1-4% depending on how the questions are asked and if bisexuality is included or not.  It is theorized that the percentage may fluctuate but appears relatively steady….neither declining nor increasing significantly….and recently (decades).

Evidently….homosexuality is not being bred-out by heterosexual breeding and home culture.  Further evidence that it is nature and not nurture….people are born gay….and it is not difficult to discover such truth in youth without any exposure to gay culture or homosexuality.  Seems an odd thing to fear.  It’s not an infection one catches.  And it’s not a culture of conversion either.

I studied some today on X and Y chromosones….so many combinations now known.  Interesting but inconclusive related to forming any personal opinion for me.  Gender identification is a mystery.

Gene….I also think you’re a keeper….if we disagree on this one!  All God’s children are keepers and none should be gotten ‘rid’ of.  Not part of any divine or celestial delivered eugenics plan….ever.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

….if one expresses their ‘opinion’ as such.

Bradly wrote:  Enno did not express an opinion….he declared a fact….

You agreed that what he said was an opinion when you wrote:

Bradly wrote:  I’m sorry….but your [VanAmadon] opinion is definitely defective and degenerate…..and is only your opinion….definitely.  Careful of such poison.

And I, too, agree that he expressed an opinion.

The topic delves into areas that people feel emotional about.  Let’s talk about the subject with dignity and in the manner we discuss other topics.

Gene
    Participant

Well the good news is that (as we are instructed) man did not fall from the Garden as was precieved in old bible translations. We have made evolutionary progress for thousands of years since the fall of the Garden in spite of so many setbacks from degenerate species, power hungry powerful people, crime, selfishness-the list is long.

There is a big picture that is not very easy to observe and it confirms my knowing that the positive trend will continue and things that have real meanings and values will survive where things that don’t have meaning and value will not.

we can all have some small part of this process if our goals, ambitions and actions are aligned with things that have real meaning and value. Amen

tas
    Participant

progressive evolution requires successful families and homo bi or trans sexuals cannot do family and cannot contribute to successful family.

….

Stop teaching our kids and stop the media’s attempts to indoctrinate the public to believe these behaviors are normal.

That’s right about the importance of family, but The Urantia Book itself specifically and plainly says two people of the same sex can be bonded together in personal affection and be effective parents heading a family:

“The most effective of all social groups is the family, more particularly the two parents. Personal affection is the spiritual bond which holds together these material associations. Such an effective relationship is also possible between two persons of the same sex” (160:2.4)

Gene
    Participant

160:2.4
    Symbolic communication between human beings predetermines the bringing into existence of social groups. The most effective of all social groups is the family, more particularly the two parents. Personal affection is the spiritual bond which holds together these material associations. Such an effective relationship is also possible between two persons of the same sex, as is so abundantly illustrated in the devotions of genuine friendships.
    160:2.5
    These associations of friendship and mutual affection are socializing and ennobling because they encourage and facilitate the following essential factors of the higher levels of the art of living:

Lets not cherrypick the papers and copy the whole thing:

there are examples of effective relationships given and friendly seems to me to be more the emphasis as opposed to same sex parents. Two people of the same sex can be friendly and socializing and ennobling.

Devious minds can justify just about anything and the truth is it really don’t matter what I think

Gene
    Participant

I find it interesting that the Adamic eugenics plan includes two functions: infusion of violet genes and isolation/prevention of undesirable traits…a proactive and positive form of breeding with results coming after many generations…all managed lovingly. And yet all gay people are born in and by hetero couples! Demographic statistics are unreliable and don’t determine concrete estimates, but I did read that the number seems to be 1-4% depending on how the questions are asked and if bisexuality is included or not. It is theorized that the percentage may fluctuate but appears relatively steady….neither declining nor increasing significantly….and recently (decades). Evidently….homosexuality is not being bred-out by heterosexual breeding and home culture. Further evidence that it is nature and not nurture….people are born gay….and it is not difficult to discover such truth in youth without any exposure to gay culture or homosexuality. Seems an odd thing to fear. It’s not an infection one catches. And it’s not a culture of conversion either. I studied some today on X and Y chromosones….so many combinations now known. Interesting but inconclusive related to forming any personal opinion for me. Gender identification is a mystery. Gene….I also think you’re a keeper….if we disagree on this one! All God’s children are keepers and none should be gotten ‘rid’ of. Not part of any divine or celestial delivered eugenics plan….ever.

gender identification is indeed mysterious. If it’s not a genetic trait then choice seems to me to be the only alternative explanation.

i like analogies so here’s one-to say someone is borne that way leaving it as a mystery and omitting genetics and choice is about as illogical as the Big Bang theory where everything comes from nothing – a deliberate effort here to go toward humor.

in regard to the intent of the violet infusion I believe it was the destiny of the Sangic races and if all were blended then all of the desirable traits of the color races would be incorporated into one race, no?

My question is maybe going off topic a bit but here it is anyway: what are the traits of the six Sangic color races that were part of their genetic makeup that would have been part of the race that resulted from violate infusion? Did these traits have anything that do with the  influence of the Adjutants? Did the colored races have identifiable traits that were worth preserving in order to blend into a superior race?

Seems reasonable that desirable and undesirable traits could be identified based on Adjutant influences if I’m on the right track thinking about this???

André
    André
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m putting back on the table this thread.

I didn’t pass through the 7 pages, but will.

I’ll try to comment through my personal experienced individual as homosexual.

André

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

That is self-assertion
    « The act of putting forward your own opinions or to express your needs, rights and wishes. In this way a person represents his own demands and express his own wishes. »

Homosexuality is the child of self-assertion, and is the result of “bad judgement” 45.6:3 post#28558 VA
    The right manner to read this quote in his context is;
    45:6.3 On the seven mansion worlds ascending mortals are afforded ample opportunities for compensating any and all experiential deprivations suffered on their worlds of origin, whether due to inheritance, environment, or unfortunate premature termination of the career in the flesh. This is in every sense true except in the mortal sex life and its attendant adjustments. Thousands of mortals reach the mansion worlds without having benefited particularly from the disciplines derived from fairly average sex relations on their native spheres. The mansion world experience can provide little opportunity for compensating these very personal deprivations. Sex experience in a physical sense is past for these ascenders, but in close association with the Material Sons and Daughters, both individually and as members of their families, these sex-deficient mortals are enabled to compensate the social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects of their deficiency. Thus are all those humans whom circumstances or bad judgment deprived of the benefits of advantageous sex association on the evolutionary worlds, here on the system capitals afforded full opportunity to acquire these essential mortal experiences in close and loving association with the supernal Adamic sex creatures of permanent residence on the system capitals.
    The mansion world experience can provide little opportunity for compensating these very personal deprivations.
    Those « very personal deprivations » are fixed up with little favorable circumstance.
    As my identity, my gender, preferences goes to male. Why ?

→Could something missing in my toolbox ?                                                                                                               →Could I manage with the one I have, it will never be the ideal’s one.                                                           →Will it endanger my ascension ?
    →Is it because we as a society and as individual,we haven’t seated figure out “Art de vivre” 160,Rodan

As Willer of God’s ways. TUB said “Long since, the battle cry of these pilgrims became: “In liaison with God, —absolutely —is impossible.” 26:5:3

Conclusion:
    If something, anything need improvement to be set favorable to my Father, favorable for Him because He loved and valued highly His only son.

André

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

To our Dear Brother Andre….please be comforted in your heart and mind by the reality that all mortals are measured by our motives in living, our intentions toward others, our daily priorities of choosing truth, beauty, goodness, and love to guide our philosophy of living which will always result in the same outcome for all – the birth and growth of soul and a personal relationship with Spirit that will deliver the fruits of the Spirit by attaching our branch to the vine of God’s love and tender mercies for his beloved children in time!!!!!

You may count on it and rest assured of that truth and fact!!

I do not know “why” people are gay or not.  Sexual is a pleasure function.  Intimacy is a personality function.  Why some prefer the intimacy or sexual relationship of those of the same sex, I don’t know.

I don’t think anything is “missing” from your “toolbox” – no.

The path of ascension and experiential wisdom is unique to each mortal personality and freewill choices and yours is not in danger or handicapped in any way so far as I understand the Teachings.

I don’t think gay or straight is particularly relevant to the “art of living”.  That is a function of intelligence, education, critical thinking, mental and emotional balance, culture, social environment, and the philosophy of living applied to life’s choices presented by our circumstances and situations and intersections of relationship and choice.

Faith and trust alone should bring the assurance of Sonship of God and the affection of the Divine parent for his beloved children of time.  Worry not friend for the eternal adventure belongs to all who but hope for it and wish it to be true!!

Your Friend Bradly

André
    André
    Participant

Dear Bradly,

I’m not apprehended and disturbed by my spiritual situation. At least the last 30 years. My first 30 was an ordeal.

The reference done about the toolbox, point out way back to first Planetary Prince rebellion + A&E default.

To reset this old thread was specifically intended to let know forum attendees there is one experienced gay dedicated as heterosexuals to do the will of God.

And extended a hand to anyone whom might be interested in altruism [thank you Bonita] to know better.
    Specifically, gay in or out the closet. That is why i leave my email , if the platform is too intimidating.

Thank you Bradly,

André
    pominville@libero.it

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.