Heal the world?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Heal the world?

Étiqueté : 

8 sujets de 1 à 8 (sur un total de 8)
  • Auteur
    Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Let’s try another topic, expanding or jumping off the « now what » topic after reading Part IV: After reading the entire Urantia Book, what is your suggested world plan for healing the world as Jesus desires, or so as you understand?  I plan to learn from responses here.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Hi Mark,

You gave a great answer to this question in your prior topic about after reading Part IV.

“Mind is a wonderful gift to use.  Now, if we can attract more people to Jesus’ model we will see real movement to world peace. Surely, Michael came to Urantia with a planetary and Universe <em style= »font-weight: inherit; »>plan and it seems most pleasant in my soul to assume He desires for us to work his plan! His only true command, offered at the last supper, seems so right: 180:1.1 “And I give you this new commandment: That you love one another even as I have loved you.” The entire section 1, The New Commandment, is most appropriate for all true Jesus followers. Imagine the settled in light and life results!!!!!

On the other hand while Michael is the Prince of Peace, he said this to his followers about peace:

52:6.1   The bestowal Son is the Prince of Peace. He arrives with the message, « Peace on earth and good will among men. » On normal worlds this is a dispensation of world-wide peace; the nations no more learn war. But such salutary influences did not attend the coming of your bestowal Son, Christ Michael. Urantia is not proceeding in the normal order. Your world is out of step in the planetary procession. Your Master, when on earth, warned his disciples that his advent would not bring the usual reign of peace on Urantia. He distinctly told them that there would be « wars and rumors of wars, » and that nation would rise against nation. At another time he said, « Think not that I have come to bring peace upon earth. »

I think ages upon ages will pass and tens of thousands of generations of the human race will come and go on earth while we inch toward world peace. World peace is inevitable.  Michael knew, and we now know, Urantia is not proceeding in the normal order.  Nevertheless, I wonder whether we can discern Urantia’s  current trend  by looking into the following so-called normal  or average developmental stages, along physical, intellectual, and social lines, starting off with a benign Planetary Prince.

50:5.3   Under the benign rule of a Planetary Prince, augmented by the Material Sons and punctuated by the periodic missions of the Paradise Sons, the mortal races on an average world of time and space will successively pass through the following seven developmental epochs:

1. The nutrition epoch. The prehuman creatures and the dawn races of primitive man are chiefly concerned with food problems. These evolving beings spend their waking hours either in seeking food or in fighting, offensively or defensively. The food quest is paramount in the minds of these early ancestors of subsequent civilization.

2. The security age. Just as soon as the primitive hunter can spare any time from the search for food, he turns this leisure to augmenting his security. More and more attention is devoted to the technique of war. Homes are fortified, and the clans are solidified by mutual fear and by the inculcation of hate for foreign groups. Self-preservation is a pursuit which always follows self-maintenance.

3. The material-comfort era. After food problems have been partially solved and some degree of security has been attained, the additional leisure is utilized to promote personal comfort. Luxury vies with necessity in occupying the center of the stage of human activities. Such an age is all too often characterized by tyranny, intolerance, gluttony, and drunkenness. The weaker elements of the races incline towards excesses and brutality. Gradually these pleasure-seeking weaklings are subjugated by the more strong and truth-loving elements of the advancing civilization.

4. The quest for knowledge and wisdom. Food, security, pleasure, and leisure provide the foundation for the development of culture and the spread of knowledge. The effort to execute knowledge results in wisdom, and when a culture has learned how to profit and improve by experience, civilization has really arrived. Food, security, and material comfort still dominate society, but many forward-looking individuals are hungering for knowledge and thirsting for wisdom. Every child is provided an opportunity to learn by doing; education is the watchword of these ages.

5. The epoch of philosophy and brotherhood. When mortals learn to think and begin to profit by experience, they become philosophical — they start out to reason within themselves and to exercise discriminative judgment. The society of this age becomes ethical, and the mortals of such an era are truly becoming moral beings. Wise moral beings are capable of establishing human brotherhood on such a progressing world. Ethical and moral beings can learn how to live in accordance with the golden rule.

6. The age of spiritual striving. When evolving mortals have passed through the physical, intellectual, and social stages of development, sooner or later they attain those levels of personal insight which impel them to seek for spiritual satisfactions and cosmic understandings. Religion is completing the ascent from the emotional domains of fear and superstition to the high levels of cosmic wisdom and personal spiritual experience. Education aspires to the attainment of meanings, and culture grasps at cosmic relationships and true values. Such evolving mortals are genuinely cultured, truly educated, and exquisitely God-knowing.

7. The era of light and life. This is the flowering of the successive ages of physical security, intellectual expansion, social culture, and spiritual achievement. These human accomplishments are now blended, associated, and co-ordinated in cosmic unity and unselfish service. Within the limitations of finite nature and material endowments there are no bounds set upon the possibilities of evolutionary attainment by the advancing generations who successively live upon these supernal and settled worlds of time and space.

By my way of thinking the progress of civilized peacemaking is bound up  by many strengths and weaknesses of the people who want it.  I hope we’re going forward.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Nice post Mara.  We are only 100 generations from Pentacost.  I think the next 100 generations may move humanity well into epoch #5 described above.

The Urantia Papers tell us that the worst of the age of materism was over in the 20th century and we are « now quivering on the very brink of one of its most amazing and enthralling epochs of social readjustment, moral quickening, and spiritual enlightenment. »

That sounds like epoch #6 described above.

I think planetary evolutionary progress is now accelerating by the downward pressure from above and within each person from the gifts of the Son’s Spirit and the God Fragment we all now enjoy.

I think all that each of us can do is to be properly motivated by the universal morality and idealism of spiritized beings in God’s friendly universe.

We must each express our morality and idealism and motives and priorities according to our experiential wisdom and best efforts.

Whatever I should do or might choose to do is not the same as others should or might choose.  Collectively, we benefit most by the unique and individualistic choices by each Kingdom believer.

Therefore, there are no prescribed or best or universal or specific strategies or tactics to agree on.

My « plan » is to trust God’s plan as designed and implemented by Michael and the Most Highs.  Our world is well managed by the best of experts.  Let us fear not and let God.

Have you heard the one about mortals plan and the gods laugh?!

;-)

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Step 1, according the Midwayers:

195:8.12 (2082.4) Secular social and political optimism is an illusion. Without God, neither freedom and liberty, nor property and wealth will lead to peace.

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

195:8.12 (2082.4) Secular social and political optimism is an illusion. Without God, neither freedom and liberty, nor property and wealth will lead to peace.

Additionally,

134:6.9   World peace cannot be maintained by treaties, diplomacy, foreign policies, alliances, balances of power, or any other type of makeshift juggling with the sovereignties of nationalism. World law must come into being and must be enforced by world government — the sovereignty of all mankind.

I was encouraged when the EU was established. By my way of thinking, world government  is  far in the distant future.

In your mind visualize a map of the world. Which of the epoch/s I mentioned above do you think prevail now?   Bradly wrote that we are « . . . well into epoch #5 described above. » I am inclined to think we are in many ways still in 3. The material-comfort era and  4. The quest for knowledge and wisdom.

The world population is over 8 billion and ever rising.  One projection says that by 2150 global population will be 256 billion.   Of the current population, a tiny  percentage of people are effective and wise  leaders.

81:6.37   13. Effective and wise leadership. In civilization much, very much, depends on an enthusiastic and effective load-pulling spirit. Ten men are of little more value than one in lifting a great load unless they lift together — all at the same moment. And such teamwork — social co-operation — is dependent on leadership. The cultural civilizations of the past and the present have been based upon the intelligent co-operation of the citizenry with wise and progressive leaders; and until man evolves to higher levels, civilization will continue to be dependent on wise and vigorous leadership.
    81:6.42   Leadership is vital to progress. Wisdom, insight, and foresight are indispensable to the endurance of nations. Civilization is never really jeopardized until able leadership begins to vanish. And the quantity of such wise leadership has never exceeded one per cent of the population.
    But civilizations are not stable because they are not  cosmic. 16:9.5   » Civilizations come and go, but science, morality, and religion always survive the crash. » 
    195:8.10   Without God, without religion, scientific secularism can never co-ordinate its forces, harmonize its divergent and rivalrous interests, races, and nationalisms. This secularistic human society, notwithstanding its unparalleled materialistic achievement, is slowly disintegrating. The chief cohesive force resisting this disintegration of antagonism is nationalism. And nationalism is the chief barrier to world peace.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

The Urantia Papers tell us that the worst of the age of materism was over in the 20th century and we are “now quivering on the very brink of one of its most amazing and enthralling epochs of social readjustment, moral quickening, and spiritual enlightenment.”

The revelators use the words secular and humanistic in the same sentence here.

195:8.3At the time of this revelation, the prevailing intellectual and philosophical climate of both European and American life is decidedly secular — humanistic. For three hundred years Western thinking has been progressively secularized. Religion has become more and more a nominal influence, largely a ritualistic exercise. The majority of professed Christians of Western civilization are unwittingly actual secularists.

Does that mean  a majority of professed Christians of Western civilization are unwittingly actual  humanists? In context are those words synonymous?  Doesn’t humanistic imply or assert non-religious viewpoints?  I hope you do not think that I am going off topic. I am thinking about how to heal the  world. And is the topic about the whole  world or just  part?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Moving to other thoughts relative to your topic Mark, I bring forward references to our unseen helpers who labor for the  advancement of progress on our world. This includes the ministry of  many  seraphim assigned here. The first group to recall are the social architects

39:3.4   3. Social Architects. From the individual planets up through the morontia training worlds, these seraphim labor to enhance all sincere social contacts and to further the social evolution of universe creatures. These are the angels who seek to divest the associations of intelligent beings of all artificiality while endeavoring to facilitate the interassociation of will creatures on a basis of real self-understanding and genuine mutual appreciation.

Social architects do everything within their province and power to bring together suitable individuals that they may constitute efficient and agreeable working groups on earth; and sometimes such groups have found themselves reassociated on the mansion worlds for continued fruitful service. But not always do these seraphim attain their ends; not always are they able to bring together those who would form the most ideal group to achieve a given purpose or to accomplish a certain task; under these conditions they must utilize the best of the material available.

These angels continue their ministry on the mansion and higher morontia worlds. They are concerned with any undertaking having to do with progress on the morontia worlds and which concerns three or more persons. Two beings are regarded as operating on the mating, complemental, or partnership basis, but when three or more are grouped for service, they constitute a social problem and therefore fall within the jurisdiction of the social architects. These efficient seraphim are organized in seventy divisions on Edentia, and these divisions minister on the seventy morontia progress worlds encircling the headquarters sphere.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Recall also these passages about Urantia’s unseen planetary help.

114:0.1   THE Most Highs rule in the kingdoms of men through many celestial forces and agencies but chiefly through the ministry of seraphim.

At noon today  the roll call of planetary angels, guardians, and others on Urantia was 501,234,619 pairs of seraphim. There were assigned to my command two hundred seraphic hosts — 597,196,800 pairs of seraphim, or 1,194,393,600 individual angels. The registry, however, shows 1,002,469,238 individuals; it follows therefore that 191,924,362 angels were absent from this world on transport, messenger, and death duty. (On Urantia there are about the same number of cherubim as seraphim, and they are similarly organized.)

Seraphim and their associated cherubim have much to do with the details of the superhuman government of a planet, especially of worlds which have been isolated by rebellion. The angels, ably assisted by the midwayers, function on Urantia as the actual supermaterial ministers who execute the mandates of the resident governor general and all his associates and subordinates. Seraphim as a class are occupied with many assignments other than those of personal and group guardianship.

I am guessing that as world population increases, so also does the number of personal and group guardians increase. Just a guess.  For comparison to the current estimate of world population, the population in 1940 was, give or take, 2.3 billion. I looked at a chart that estimated world population in 1960 to be about 3 billion.

Along with the ministry of seraphim, we have the ministry of the Holy Spirit. 8:5.3   Adjusters have flocked to Urantia since Pentecost. The Spirit of Truth is upon us since Pentecost. The Son of Man terminated the Lucifer rebellion.  A dispensational resurrection was inaugurated back then, « . . . the third of the planetary roll calls » on Urantia.  « The circuit of the archangels then operated for the first time from Urantia. »  Our Creator Son resumed universe jurisdiction as a Master Son, a Master  Michael. 21:5.8  And among  other things, a new  and unseen government of planetary supervison was established. I’m sure I didn’t mention all the unseen and  unrecognized help provided our world to promote God’s plans and purposes.

8 sujets de 1 à 8 (sur un total de 8)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.