The Bright and Morning Star

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Bright and Morning Star

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Upon the resurrection of Michael, he stood with Gabriel just above the tomb.  Interesting that it was only Michael and Gabriel.  One would have to assume that Gabriel is a being of very high distinction and honor for this to occur.

189:1.5 We know that no creature of the local universe participated in this morontia awakening. We perceived the seven personalities of Paradise surround the tomb, but we did not see them do anything in connection with the Master’s awakening. Just as soon as Jesus appeared beside Gabriel, just above the tomb, the seven personalities from Paradise signalized their intention of immediate departure for Uversa.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Upon the resurrection of Michael, he stood with Gabriel . . . .

And then it goes on to say this about Gabriel and Michael:

189:3:1   A little after half past four o’clock this Sunday morning, Gabriel summoned the archangels to his side and made ready to inaugurate the general resurrection of the termination of the Adamic dispensation on Urantia. When the vast host of the seraphim and the cherubim concerned in this great event had been marshaled in proper formation, the morontia Michael appeared before Gabriel, saying: “As my Father has life in himself, so has he given it to the Son to have life in himself. Although I have not yet fully resumed the exercise of universe jurisdiction, this self-imposed limitation does not in any manner restrict the bestowal of life upon my sleeping sons; let the roll call of the planetary resurrection begin.”
    Let the resurrection begin!
    emanny3003
    Blocked

One would have to assume that Gabriel is a being of very high distinction and honor for this to occur.

If we are to understand Michael then we must assume he is like his Father. Being one with the Father, he plays no favorites with his children.

Gabriel is his first born and may think he is deserving of higher distinction and honor, but Michael does not make this distinction.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Mara wrote:  Let the resurrection begin!
    Yes. Gabriel and the archangels, whose circuit functioned for the first time, moved themselves to the place of  spiritual polarity of the planet in order to announce the resurrection.
    189:3.2 The circuit of the archangels then operated for the first time from Urantia. Gabriel and the archangel hosts moved to the place of the spiritual polarity of the planet; and when Gabriel gave the signal, there flashed to the first of the system mansion worlds the voice of Gabriel, saying: “By the mandate of Michael, let the dead of a Urantia dispensation rise!”
    emanny3003
    Blocked

Will Gabriel find a way to salvage Michael’s family? As a brother, I want to know what freedom means to Gabriel. I know what freedom means to Michael.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

As a reminder from a previous post, the archangels are not under the direct authority of Gabriel.  And it was the chief of the archangels who petitioned Gabriel for permission to dispose of Jesus’ body.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Who restrains freedom and liberty in Nebadon in the name of love? Is it Gabriel or Michael?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Jesus said:

159:3:2   Always respect the personality of man. Never should a righteous cause be promoted by force; spiritual victories can be won only by spiritual power. This injunction against the employment of material influences refers to psychic force as well as to physical force. Overpowering arguments and mental superiority are not to be employed to coerce men and women into the kingdom. Man’s mind is not to be crushed by the mere weight of logic or overawed by shrewd eloquence. While emotion as a factor in human decisions cannot be wholly eliminated, it should not be directly appealed to in the teachings of those who would advance the cause of the kingdom. Make your appeals directly to the divine spirit that dwells within the minds of men. Do not appeal to fear, pity, or mere sentiment. In appealing to men, be fair; exercise self-control and exhibit due restraint; show proper respect for the personalities of your pupils. Remember that I have said: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock, and if any man will open, I will come in.”
    emanny3003
    Blocked

Jesus said:

159:3:2 Always respect the personality of man. Never should a righteous cause be promoted by force; spiritual victories can be won only by spiritual power. This injunction against the employment of material influences refers to psychic force as well as to physical force. Overpowering arguments and mental superiority are not to be employed to coerce men and women into the kingdom. Man’s mind is not to be crushed by the mere weight of logic or overawed by shrewd eloquence. While emotion as a factor in human decisions cannot be wholly eliminated, it should not be directly appealed to in the teachings of those who would advance the cause of the kingdom. Make your appeals directly to the divine spirit that dwells within the minds of men. Do not appeal to fear, pity, or mere sentiment. In appealing to men, be fair; exercise self-control and exhibit due restraint; show proper respect for the personalities of your pupils. Remember that I have said: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock, and if any man will open, I will come in.”

Why did the Midwayer disrespect the personality of man by providing overpowering arguments that all of you incessantly quote here on forums.

The Urantia book is chocked full of “shrewed eloguence”.

Make your appeals directly to the divine spirit that dwells within the minds of men.

Is not this what I try to do here?

It seems that the Midwayer is not beyond hypocrisy.

BTW, Jesus was only quoted in the very last sentence of this lengthy quote.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    156:5:14   Spiritual living mightily increases true self-respect. But self-respect is not self-admiration. Self-respect is always co-ordinate with the love and service of one’s fellows. It is not possible to respect yourself more than you love your neighbor; the one is the measure of the capacity for the other.
    164:1:0   Story of the Good Samaritan
    emanny3003
    Blocked

I remember throwing away my huge Samsonite full of debate index cards. I felt free at last from the reference game. I was never more unhappy than those years in debate competitions. Then in Medical school and residency the game returned with the incessant quoting of medical journal articles.

The vanity of this game is vulgar indeed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I remember throwing away my huge Samsonite full of debate index cards. I felt free at last from the reference game. I was never more unhappy than those years in debate competitions. Then in Medical school and residency the game returned with the incessant quoting of medical journal articles.

The vanity of this game is vulgar indeed.

Indeed this game is vulgar, but it is a shame that you threw away your index cards, but then you shouldn’t need any cards if you were to use that which is printed in the Urantia Book, where if you would wish to start a “reference game” or “debate competitions” with me, or any other readers, of the Urantia Book, I think that you would find me a viable opponent.  You can select and start the topic of your choice, as long as it is restrictive of that which is in the Urantia Book.

I haven’t had a good game since I played chess with the Regimental Chess Champion, who was stationed in England at the Second World War.  I must admit, he was a challenge, where our standing was, one win, a draw, and one lose.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Indeed this game is vulgar, but it is a shame that you threw away your index cards, but then you shouldn’t need any cards if you were to use that which is printed in the Urantia Book, where if you would wish to start a “reference game” or “debate competitions” with me, or any other readers, of the Urantia Book, I think that you would find me a viable opponent.

I do not seek opponents. Are you challenging me to a dual? No thanks. You have ‘check mated’ yourself and I no longer am playing games. Leave childish things to children in the school yard. Look where your gaming has gotten you. Gamblers never profit. And if you were in WW II, thank you for your service, but you are of the age where you must let it go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do not seek opponents. Are you challenging me to a dual? No thanks. You have ‘check mated’ yourself and I no longer am playing games. Leave childish things to children in the school yard. Look where your gaming has gotten you. Gamblers never profit. And if you were in WW II, thank you for your service, but you are of the age where you must let it go.

How is it that I have “check mated” myself, and it would seem that my style of narration, is difficult for you to understand, where I indicated that I played chess with the Regimental Chess Champion, who was stationed in England, where he did not have anyone to play with because, no one would play with him, because he always won.  When I play someone, I prefer to play with a better opponent then myself, otherwise you cannot learn anything.  Loosing only gains experience, and eventually one might become a master at something.  But, it would seem that you do look for opponents, because you seem to challenge what everyone presents, even if it is not directed to you.  By your engaging in these replies are you looking to learn from those who are more proficient then you or, do you just like to dual, or engage in a match of wits?  And I never gamble, I only bet on a sure thing.  But in response above, “where you must let it go”, is that a professional opinion, or is that just your practice of Art?

emanny3003
    Blocked

How is it that I have “check mated” myself,

You are self defeating. You seek opponents to defeat. You cannot win over brothers.

But, it would seem that you do look for opponents, because you seem to challenge what everyone presents, even if it is not directed to you.

When I challenge others it is for the purpose of them to challenge themselves, to provoke thought, not score points.

By your engaging in these replies are you looking to learn from those who are more proficient then you or, do you just like to dual, or engage in a match of wits?

Yes, I do learn from others, even you. I am master of nothing but I admit that. I am humble before God but not before you or anyone else. Perhaps that is what irks you. If someone is more proficient than I then I will employ them.

And I never gamble, I only bet on a sure thing.  But in response above, “where you must let it go”, is that a professional opinion, or is that just your practice of Art?

But you do admit to gambling because you just said that you “bet”. At your age you should know that there is no such a thing as a “sure thing”. What is it that you want for nothing? Everything has a price but are you willing to pay it or must you be tempted to bet on a sure thing?

“Let it go” is a wise saying and a song from the movie, “Frozen”.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 158 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.