The Bright and Morning Star

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Bright and Morning Star

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

How bright is the Bright and Morning Star who is the first-born son of our Creator Son!

Agreed.  Amazingly bright.  No wonder he has that name.  Bright symbolizes his closeness to both the Creator Son and Spirit, while Morning symbolizes first born, the first to rise.  And by bright I don’t mean just smart.  I mean the radiance of his personality.

Interestingly, the latin name for Morning Star is the name the Church has given to Lucifer.  The Hebrew word, הֵילֵל, which appears only once in the Old Testament (Isaiah 14:12), is roughly translated to mean “shining one, morning star”.  How backwards and confused a notion!

emanny3003
    Blocked

53:8.4 The Son of Man was confident of success, and he knew that his triumph on your world would forever settle the status of his agelong enemies, not only in Satania but also in the other two systems where sin had entered. There was survival for mortals and security for angels when your Master, in reply to the Lucifer proposals, calmly and with divine assurance replied, “Get you behind me, Satan.” That was, in principle, the real end of the Lucifer rebellion. True, the Uversa tribunals have not yet rendered the executive decision regarding the appeal of Gabriel praying for the destruction of the rebels, but such a decree will, no doubt, be forthcoming in the fullness of time since the first step in the hearing of this case has already been taken.

53:9.4Satan could come to Urantia because you had no Son of standing in residence—neither Planetary Prince nor Material Son. Machiventa Melchizedek has since been proclaimed vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia, and the opening of the case of Gabrielvs. Lucifer has signalized the inauguration of temporary planetary regimes on all the isolated worlds. It is true that Satan did periodically visit Caligastia and others of the fallen princes right up to the time of the presentation of these revelations. when there occurred the first hearing of Gabriel’s plea for the annihilation of the archrebels. Satan is now unqualifiedly detained on the Jerusem prison worlds.

53:9.9 [Presented by Manovandet Melchizedek, onetime attached to the receivership of Urantia.]

Sponsored by a Nebadon Corps of Local Universe Personalities acting by authority of Gabriel of Salvington.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

In the very beginning of our universe Gabriel worked alone with the Creative Son and Spirit.  The worked as a threesome until the universe grew so large that Gabriel needed aides.  That’s when the Brilliant Evening Stars were created. (37:1.10)

emanny3003
    Blocked

In the very beginning of our universe Gabriel worked alone with the Creative Son and Spirit. The worked as a threesome until the universe grew so large that Gabriel needed aides. That’s when the Brilliant Evening Stars were created. (37:1.10)

And that was the beginning of Local Universe bureaucracy.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The Brilliant Evening Stars are Gabriel’s liaison officers who represent him in the Salvington conclaves since Gabriel cannot be in two places at the same time (37:2.2).  In this way Gabriel is just like his father, the Creative Son, who also cannot be simultaneously in two places at once (34:3.5).  It is through the Brilliant Evening Stars that Gabriel maintains his contact with all phases of universe life (37:2.3).

emanny3003
    Blocked

In this way Gabriel is just like his father, the Creative Son, who also cannot be simultaneously in two places at once (34:3.5).

Gabriel is UNLIKE his father, the Creative Son, in that he does NOT know of a father’s love.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Just imagine this:

122:3:1   One evening about sundown, before Joseph had returned home, Gabriel appeared to Mary by the side of a low stone table and, after she had recovered her composure, said: “I come at the bidding of one who is my Master and whom you shall love and nurture. To you, Mary, I bring glad tidings when I announce that the conception within you is ordained by heaven, and that in due time you will become the mother of a son; you shall call him Joshua, and he shall inaugurate the kingdom of heaven on earth and among men. Speak not of this matter save to Joseph and to Elizabeth, your kinswoman, to whom I have also appeared, and who shall presently also bear a son, whose name shall be John, and who will prepare the way for the message of deliverance which your son shall proclaim to men with great power and deep conviction. And doubt not my word, Mary, for this home has been chosen as the mortal habitat of the child of destiny. My benediction rests upon you, the power of the Most Highs will strengthen you, and the Lord of all the earth shall overshadow you.”
    emanny3003
    Blocked

139:6.5 The apostles all loved and respected Nathaniel, and he got along with them splendidly, excepting Judas Iscariot. Judas did not think Nathaniel took his apostleship sufficiently seriously and once had the temerity to go secretly to Jesus and lodge complaint against him. Said Jesus: “Judas, watch carefully your steps; do not overmagnify your office. Who of us is competent to judge his brother? It is not the Father’s will that his children should partake only of the serious things of life. Let me repeat: I have come that my brethren in the flesh may have joy, gladness, and life more abundantly. Go then, Judas, and do well that which has been intrusted to you but leave Nathaniel, your brother, to give account of himself to God.” And the memory of this, with that of many similar experiences, long lived in the self-deceiving heart of Judas Iscariot.

Gabriel VS Lucifer

Gabriel, listen to the Master, your father, and do not overmagnify your office.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Just imagine this:

It’s hard to imagine Mara.  I would have gone screaming from the house, never to return.  But it does illustrate the fact that Gabriel accompanied Michael on his incarnation.  The Bright and Morning Star always accompanies a Creator Son on his bestowal. Whereas, when Avonal Sons incarnate, they are accompanied by one of the Brilliant Evening Stars (37:2.8).  More evidence of Gabriel’s high standing in the universe.

emanny3003
    Blocked

It’s hard to imagine Mara.  I would have gone screaming from the house, never to return.  But it does illustrate the fact that Gabriel accompanied Michael on his incarnation.  The Bright and Morning Star always accompanies a Creator Son on his bestowal. Whereas, when Avonal Sons incarnate, they are accompanied by one of the Brilliant Evening Stars (37:2.8).  More evidence of Gabriel’s high standing in the universe.

Gabriel  not only accompanied  the Creator Son on his final bestowal, he interfered with it.  Why did Gabriel have to forewarn  Mary and Elizabeth about the bestowal?  Why did he interfere in such a way?  To tell Mary that she carried a “child of destiny” was an augmentation of conflict between mother and child as to what Jesus was to do with his life.  Messiah to the Jews?  Miracle worker?  Gabriel did Jesus no favor in this meddling.  What were Gabriel’s motivations in informing Mary beforehand of anything about who Jesus was to be?  It ultimately led to greater friction in the family which caused Jesus much pain and sorrow.   What good could come of telling Mary of the impending birth of a God son?  Thank you so much, Gabriel.

Gabriel well knew that Immanuel had instructed Michael on nine things to be accomplished in his final bestowal.  The second was the termination of the Lucifer rebellion as the “Son of Man”.  Was Gabriel worried that the rebels would all accept Jesus’ final offer of forgiveness?  Did he want to interfere with this in any way?  The eldest brother in the parable of the prodigal son was unhappy that the father forgave the younger erring child and was quite bitter about it.  Bitterness and resentment are powerful motivating factors indeed.   Gabriel not only accompanied Michael but it appears to have ‘set him up’ by putting this truth in Mary’s ear when Jesus was only a few cells old.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I was surprised to find that the archangels are not under Gabriel’s direct jurisdiction.  And that is because they are not concerned with the administration of the local universe; they are concerned with creature survival (37:3.2).  They are directed by the first-born of their order.

The seraphic hosts are commanded by an archangel and directed by a Brilliant Evening Star under the supreme command of Gabriel. So in a sense, Gabriel is still their Commander-in-Chief.

emanny3003
    Blocked

I was surprised to find that the archangels are not under Gabriel’s direct jurisdiction. And that is because they are not concerned with the administration of the local universe; they are concerned with creature survival (37:3.2). They are directed by the first-born of their order. The seraphic hosts are commanded by an archangel and directed by a Brilliant Evening Star under the supreme command of Gabriel. So in a sense, Gabriel is still their Commander-in-Chief. .

Interesting.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The 24 Counselors on Jerusem, the home of the judgment seat, are Michael’s personal agents since his bestowal.  They have the authority to represent Michael when it comes to the scheme of mortal ascension (45:4.1).  Gabriel is not involved in this, but they do also act as agents for his special requests.  One of those requests of Gabriel was to exempt the whole lot of them from the ascension scheme, at least temporarily.  (45:4.19)

emanny3003
    Blocked

53:8.4 True, the Uversa tribunals have not yet rendered the executive decision regarding the appeal of Gabriel praying for the destruction of the rebels,…

53:9.4 Gabriel’s plea for the annihilation of the archrebels.

Does anyone detect even a SMIDGEN of RESENTMENT of Gabriel for the rebels in these quotes?

Praying, destruction; plea, annihilation. Maybe it’s just crazy me. :)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Does anyone detect even a SMIDGEN of RESENTMENT of Gabriel . . . .

No.  Resentment is a human emotion.  It’s a bitter indignation at having been treated unfairly, as interpreted by the one who is resentful.  It’s a feeling of deep and bitter anger and ill-will.  Gabriel is the first-born Son of Micheal and his Daughter Spirit associate and he resides on Salvington.  He’s Michael’s chief executive – a being of a completely different order than finite mortals.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 158 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.