The Bright and Morning Star

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Bright and Morning Star

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    emanny3003
    Blocked

I find it interesting that he has not been completely denied the Deity attribute of being a creator if he is permitted to create Spironga.

Gabriel is not a creator. Spironga are not “created”, they are “made”. Michael is created, not made, The Creator. This confers no parenthood to Gabriel as a creator. He does not provide the “spark of life” to the Spironga.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Creative Spirits, not Creator Sons, provide the spark of life.  And only Creative Spirits can provide the ability to reproduce.

36:6.3 Life Carriers can organize the material forms, or physical patterns, of living beings, but the Spirit provides the initial spark of life and bestows the endowment of mind. Even the living forms of experimental life which the Life Carriers organize on their Salvington worlds are always devoid of reproductive powers. When the life formulas and the vital patterns are correctly assembled and properly organized, the presence of a Life Carrier is sufficient to initiate life, but all such living organisms are lacking in two essential attributes — mind endowment and reproductive powers. Animal mind and human mind are gifts of the local universe Mother Spirit, functioning through the seven adjutant mind-spirits, while creature ability to reproduce is the specific and personal impartation of the Universe Spirit to the ancestral life plasm inaugurated by the Life Carriers.

But Gabriel is not a creature.  He is a descending Son and his parents are the Creator Son and Creative Spirit.  Likewise the parents of Spironga are the Bright and Morning Star and the Father Melchizedek.  Spironga are offspring, and the word offspring is defined as a person’s child or children.

37:10.2 The Spironga are the spirit offspring of the Bright and Morning Star and the Father Melchizedek.

emanny3003
    Blocked

But Gabriel is not a creature.

What?

A Creature is a Creation of the Creative Deities. A descending son is a creature, who’s parents are Creators.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Gabriel of Salvington is a one-of-a-kind being, a dual-origin son (30:1:29) created full-fledged

. . . the chief officer of execution for superuniverse mandates relating to nonpersonal affairs in the local universe. Most matters pertaining to mass judgment and dispensational resurrections, adjudicated by the Ancients of Days, are also delegated to Gabriel and his staff for execution. Gabriel is thus the combined chief executive of both the super- and the local universe rulers. He has at his command an able corps of administrative assistants, created for their special work, who are unrevealed to evolutionary mortals. In addition to these assistants, Gabriel may employ any and all of the orders of celestial beings functioning in Nebadon, and he is also the commander in chief of “the armies of heaven” — the celestial hosts.

He is commander-in-chief of the armies of heaven.

One Bright and Morning Star per local universe. (0:0:5) Just one, and no more than one of these unique beings in each local universe (the prime creative unit of a superuniverse).  He is one of the orders of Universe Aids (37:1:9)

30:2:148   On all headquarters worlds of both local and superuniverses, provision is made for these beings who are engaged in specific missions for the Creator Sons, the local universe rulers. We welcome these Universe Aids on Uversa, but we have no jurisdiction over them. Such emissaries prosecute their work and carry on their observations under authority of the Creator Sons. Their activities are more fully described in the narrative of your local universe.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Our study group meets every Wednesday. We’re reading Part IV right  now – The Life and Teachings of Jesus – in particular Paper 136. Baptism and the Forty Days  I am sure many UB students experience something similar to what I experienced last night while studying.  Simply said: certain information stands out in a vivid way in my mind which did not stand out when I previously studied the same material.  In particular the role of Gabriel, the Bright and Morning Star, who, when Jesus encountered him while Jesus was trying to find suitable shelter for himself in the Perean hills, re-established personal communications with him for the first time since Michael left Salvington for his bestowal experience.

I attribute my new interest in Gabriel to the online study of him on this forum! Thank you so much Bonita for starting this topic.  I have no doubts about Gabriel’s role/s in the economy of our universe and superuniverse.  Take for example this excerpt pertaining to Jesus’ encounter with him in the Perean hills:

136:3:4Gabriel, by direction of Immanuel and on authority of the Uversa Ancients of Days, now laid before Jesus information indicating that his bestowal experience on Urantia was practically finished so far as concerned the earning of the perfected sovereignty of his universe and the termination of the Lucifer rebellion. [. . .] Jesus was now informed, upon the highest authority of the local universe and the superuniverse, that his bestowal work was finished in so far as it affected his personal status in relation to sovereignty and rebellion. He had already had this assurance direct from Paradise in the baptismal vision and in the phenomenon of the personalization of his indwelling Thought Adjuster.

Jesus held long converse with Gabriel regarding the welfare of the universe and, sending greetings to Immanuel, proffered his assurance that, in the work which he was about to undertake on Urantia, he would be ever mindful of the counsel he had received in connection with the prebestowal charge administered on Salvington. 136:3:6

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Thank you so much Bonita for starting this topic.

You’re welcome Mara.  I did it because Gabriel was being so hideously maligned by the troll.  I still can’t get over the disgustingly deliberate denigration of such a loving personality.

Personally, I have the highest regard for Gabriel.  He’s right at the top of the hierarchy of personages in our universe, other than our Creator Son and Spirit.  He deserves my most sincere respect.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Gabriel is the regent of our universe.  A regent, among other things, is one who exercises ruling power in the absence of the one who rules, as in the absence of our Creator Son when he is away on other business.

33:6:1   Gabriel is the chief executive and actual administrator of Nebadon. Michael’s absence from Salvington in no way interferes with the orderly conduct of universe affairs. During the absence of Michael, as recently on the mission of reunion of Orvonton Master Sons on Paradise, Gabriel is the regent of the universe. At such times Gabriel always seeks the counsel of Immanuel of Salvington regarding all major problems.
    I surmise that Gabriel in counsel with Immanuel acted as regent during all seven of our Creator Son’s bestowal missions.  And, Father Melchizedek acts as Gabriel’s first executive associate.  Gabriel is occupied more with universe policies while Father Melchizedek with practical procedures.  In the absence of Gabriel, Father Melchizedek functions as the chief executive of Nebadon.
    35:1:2   In the universe of Nebadon the Father Melchizedek acts as the first executive associate of the Bright and Morning Star. Gabriel is occupied more with universe policies, Melchizedek with practical procedures. Gabriel presides over the regularly constituted tribunals and councils of Nebadon, Melchizedek over the special, extraordinary, and emergency commissions and advisory bodies. Gabriel and the Father Melchizedek are never away from Salvington at the same time, for in Gabriel’s absence the Father Melchizedek functions as the chief executive of Nebadon.
    In the Perean hills Jesus held long converse with Gabriel regarding the welfare of the universe and sent  greetings to Immanuel.  During that forty days, Jesus made plans for his public work on Urantia but for all worlds of Nebadon.  At this time Gabriel reminded Jesus that there were two ways he might manifest himself to the world.
    136:4:7   1. His own way — the way that might seem most pleasant and profitable from the standpoint of the immediate needs of this world and the present edification of his own universe.
    136:4:8   2. The Father’s way — the exemplification of a farseeing ideal of creature life visualized by the high personalities of the Paradise administration of the universe of universes.
    He chose the Father’s way.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I surmise that Gabriel in counsel with Immanuel acted as regent during all seven of our Creator Son’s bestowal missions.

Upon further investigation, I’ve discovered that the Union of Days, Immanuel, was the acting universe ruler during the later bestowal missions and Gabriel was more of an associate on the missions and acted as a liaison between Michael and Immanuel.

119:4:5 As these successive bestowals partook increasingly of the nature of the lower forms of universe life, Gabriel became more and more an associate of these incarnation adventures, functioning as the universe liaison between the bestowed Michael and the acting universe ruler, Immanuel.

Both Gabriel and Father Melchizedek were with Jesus in the Perean hills.  So who was tending the store on Salvington?  Immanuel, as per Michael.

120:0:6  Having determined the time of his final bestowal and having selected the planet whereon this extraordinary event would take place, Michael held the usual prebestowal conference with Gabriel and then presented himself before his elder brother and Paradise counselor, Immanuel. All powers of universe administration which had not previously been conferred upon Gabriel, Michael now assigned to the custody of Immanuel. And just before Michael’s departure for the Urantia incarnation, Immanuel, in accepting the custody of the universe during the time of the Urantia bestowal, proceeded to impart the bestowal counsel which would serve as the incarnation guide for Michael when he would presently grow up on Urantia as a mortal of the realm.

Who is Immanuel?  The ambassador of the Paradise Trinity in Nebadon.  And Michael’s Paradise brother.

33:5:1  The administration of Trinity-origin personalities ends with the government of the superuniverses. The local universes are characterized by dual supervision, the beginning of the father-mother concept. The universe father is the Creator Son; the universe mother is the Divine Minister, the local universe Creative Spirit. Every local universe is, however, blessed with the presence of certain personalities from the central universe and Paradise. At the head of this Paradise group in Nebadon is the ambassador of the Paradise Trinity–Immanuel of Salvington–the Union of Days assigned to the local universe of Nebadon. In a certain sense this high Trinity Son is also the personal representative of the Universal Father to the court of the Creator Son; hence his name, Immanuel.

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.