RESURRECTION HALL – Redux

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions RESURRECTION HALL – Redux

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Dang Forum Friends,

A reader on FB found an error, one I shouldn’t have made and should have caught, on page 21.

I had the character say:

…In all the universes of time and space there are 611,121 Michaels…

It has been changed to:

…Our Michael is the 611,121st being of that order of sonship, and his mate is the 611,121st being of her order…

Wish it could be amended on the Inspiration Forum, but alas, the error will be there for eternity for all the world to be misled. So I’m slowing down and sitting with the text until it feels perfect (but never is!)

Apologies to readers and please don’t hesitate to flag me on bonehead scripts.

Thanks, Rick

Richard E Warren

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Rick, just ask a moderator to make any changes you want.  Easily done!

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote:  . . . the error will be there for eternity for all the world to be misled.

Rick, you seriously need to take a break.  The world is not going to be misled.  It’s not that big of a deal . . . really!  Perspective man!  To err is to be human . . . which makes you all the more lovable.  Have a glass of wine.  It’s all cool.  No one will want to read this forum into eternity. Besides, everyone knows it’s just a draft, a work in the process of perfecting . . .  just like everything else in the universe.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thanks Bonita! Doing just that, a day of making music with the grandkids. And am following up on Nigel’s advice.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’m sure there are technogeniuses here who can fix things for you.  Have a wonderful day with the grandkids.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Error resolved. Thanks for the nudge, Nigel.

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay !!!!!!!!

Thanks Rick!!

Hang on partner, it’s about to get exciting!  Barrel rolls and dives and swoops galore!  Hahahaha….I’m on the edge with you and Saro and Kala.  Saddle up!

I think it was Edgar Rice Burroughs who first placed me on the back and in the saddle of giant domesticated passenger birds with detailed descriptions of tack and technique.  Been flying them ever since….what a delight for me to find them in the UB….how very practical and wonderful!

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Yippie-yi-yo-ki-yay !!!!!!!!

Thanks Rick!!

Hang on partner, it’s about to get exciting! Barrel rolls and dives and swoops galore! Hahahaha….I’m on the edge with you and Saro and Kala. Saddle up!

I think it was Edgar Rice Burroughs who first placed me on the back and in the saddle of giant domesticated passenger birds with detailed descriptions of tack and technique. Been flying them ever since….what a delight for me to find them in the UB….how very practical and wonderful!

Hee, hee! Saddling up!!!

PS. Thanks for the ERB corollary Bradly, didn’t know about his flight of imagination. And I just finished describing the bird’s tack.

Still working on the rest of Page 29, at the same time stepping back for a re-read of Part II.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Caveat Lector

Forum Friends,

Another change had to be made to the storyline because it conflicts with UB text. It involves three sentences in Pages 25 & 26. A Facebook fan found this quote that states our graduating class doesn’t form until late in the mansion regime:

(538.8) 47:9.3 Now begins the formation of classes for graduation to Jerusem. You have gone from world to world as individuals, but now you prepare to depart for Jerusem in groups, although, within certain limits, an ascender may elect to tarry on the seventh mansion world for the purpose of enabling a tardy member of his earthly or mansonia working group to catch up with him.

Therefore was this sentence removed (in the Master Draft) from Page 25.2:

She informed them that pilgrims moved through the ascension scheme in class formation, and that their group was relatively small at 200,000.

And this sentence on Page 25.11:

Saro and Kala enjoyed a leisurely dinner, talking with their new classmates, getting to know a new family on a new world.

Was replaced with:

Saro and Kala enjoyed a leisurely dinner, talking with their newly made friends, getting to know this diverse family from many evolutionary worlds now gathered for the first time on a mansion world.

On page 26.14, this sentence:

You will forfeit autonomy but you will have your classmates to share the experience.

Was amended to:

You will forfeit autonomy but you will have your peers to share the experience.
    .******
    PS. Taking some time out to re-read Part II.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Forum Friends,

Question: Do you remember if the authors indicate anything about whether there is/is not an epochal resurrection associated with an epochal revelation, like the UB?

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Not sure what you mean by “epochal resurrection” Rick.  Are you confusing the words “epochal” and “dispensational”?  Something can be epochal without being part of a planetary mortal epoch.  Dispensational resurrections occur at the end of planetary mortal epochs, and there are seven:

1. Pre-Planetary Prince Man.

2. Post-Planetary Prince Man.

3. Post-Adamic Man.

4. Post-Magisterial Son Man.

5. Post-Bestowal Son Man.

6. Post-Teacher Son Man.

7. The Era of Light and Life.

TUB is an epochal revelation but not a planetary mortal epoch.  Dispensational resurrections occur at the end of an planetary epoch and as far as I understand it, TUB did not mark the end of any such epoch even though it is epochal in nature.  In other words, it didn’t come with a Magisterial Son or a Teacher Son or any other kind of Son who could initiate such a thing.  Also note that Melchizedek’s revelation isn’t listed as a planetary epoch either.  But that being said,  I do think there has to be an actual divine person present on earth (visible or invisible) to “judge the realm,” a dispensational adjudicator, to declare that the planet has progressed to the next epoch.  Neither the Melchizedek revelation nor the UB revelation marked the end of a dispensation as far as I can tell.

Now, there are special resurrections from time to time for certain groups of people.  Adam and Eve and their associates were resurrected on special resurrection number twenty six, so there must be a lot of them.  But, I think if the appearance of TUB marked one of those special resurrections it might have been mentioned somewhere and it is not.  And even if it were epochal or planetary in nature, what would be the date for such a resurrection, the publish date or the day it appeared in writing in it’s final form?  Resurrections come at the end of a dispensation, what date would mark that end?  Doesn’t seem plausible to me.  That’s not to say that there haven’t been any resurrections since Jesus’ ascension, there probably have been, but they wouldn’t be epochal or planetary in nature, they’d be special resurrections for particular persons not the whole planet.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Not sure what you mean by “epochal resurrection” Rick. Are you confusing the words “epochal” and “dispensational”? Something can be epochal without being part of a planetary mortal epoch. Dispensational resurrections occur at the end of planetary mortal epochs, and there are seven:

1. Pre-Planetary Prince Man. 2. Post-Planetary Prince Man. 3. Post-Adamic Man. 4. Post-Magisterial Son Man. 5. Post-Bestowal Son Man. 6. Post-Teacher Son Man. 7. The Era of Light and Life.

TUB is an epochal revelation but not a planetary mortal epoch. Dispensational resurrections occur at the end of an planetary epoch and as far as I understand it, TUB did not mark the end of any such epoch even though it is epochal in nature. In other words, it didn’t come with a Magisterial Son or a Teacher Son or any other kind of Son who could initiate such a thing. Also note that Melchizedek’s revelation isn’t listed as a planetary epoch either. But that being said, I do think there has to be an actual divine person present on earth (visible or invisible) to “judge the realm,” a dispensational adjudicator, to declare that the planet has progressed to the next epoch. Neither the Melchizedek revelation nor the UB revelation marked the end of a dispensation as far as I can tell. Now, there are special resurrections from time to time for certain groups of people. Adam and Eve and their associates were resurrected on special resurrection number twenty six, so there must be a lot of them. But, I think if the appearance of TUB marked one of those special resurrections it might have been mentioned somewhere and it is not. And even if it were epochal or planetary in nature, what would be the date for such a resurrection, the publish date or the day it appeared in writing in it’s final form? Resurrections come at the end of a dispensation, what date would mark that end? Doesn’t seem plausible to me. That’s not to say that there haven’t been any resurrections since Jesus’ ascension, there probably have been, but they wouldn’t be epochal or planetary in nature, they’d be special resurrections for particular persons not the whole planet.

Much appreciate the reply, Bonita. Frustration set in, not finding the right quotes. Sometimes the quotes get tangled up and fall apart like a rain cloud (brain cloud??). Anyway, thanks for the confirmation, the story can now proceed, will post the latest batch of pages when reviewing and editing are done, this month hopefully.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I know what you mean about the brain cloud.  I saw your question last night and couldn’t think of a single answer . . . brain was too tired, fogged up.  Half-a cuppa joe this morning and  all cylinders were fired up.  The fog burned off and the answer seemed to be as clear as daylight.   But, I’m not sure you should go on just my word alone.  The peer review thing is so vital to this work, which is why I decided not to publish what I’ve written.  I can’t get a peer review.  No one is interested . . .  but it is what it is, as they say.  Carry on.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Question: Do you remember if the authors indicate anything about whether there . . . .

Here are some references for your consideration.

49:6.2  From time to time, on motion of the planetary authorities or the system rulers, special resurrections of the sleeping survivors are conducted. Such resurrections occur at least every millennium of planetary time, when not all but “many of those who sleep in the dust awake.” These special resurrections are the occasion for mobilizing special groups of ascenders for specific service in the local universe plan of mortal ascension. There are both practical reasons and sentimental associations connected with these special resurrections.
    49:6.3  Throughout the earlier ages of an inhabited world, many are called to the mansion spheres at the special and the millennial resurrections, but most survivors are repersonalized at the inauguration of a new dispensation associated with the advent of a divine Son of planetary service.
    52:5.5  On Urantia the establishment of this “new and living way” was a matter of fact as well as of truth. The isolation of Urantia in the Lucifer rebellion had suspended the procedure whereby mortals can pass, upon death, directly to the shores of the mansion worlds. Before the days of Christ Michael on Urantia all souls slept on until the dispensational or special millennial resurrections. Even Moses was not permitted to go over to the other side until the occasion of a special resurrection, the fallen Planetary Prince, Caligastia, contesting such a deliverance. But ever since the day of Pentecost, Urantia mortals again may proceed directly to the morontia spheres.
    189:3.3  Notwithstanding that countless individuals having personal seraphic guardians and those achieving the requisite attainment of spiritual personality progress had gone on to mansonia during the ages subsequent to the times of Adam and Eve, and though there had been many special and millennial resurrections of Urantia sons, this was the third of the planetary roll calls, or complete dispensational resurrections. The first occurred at the time of the arrival of the Planetary Prince, the second during the time of Adam, and this, the third, signalized the morontia resurrection, the mortal transit, of Jesus of Nazareth.
    7:10.4  After mortals have attained residence on the system headquarters, no more literal resurrections will be experienced. The morontia form granted you on departure from the mansion world career is such as will see you through to the end of the local universe experience. Changes will be made from time to time, but you will retain this same form until you bid it farewell when you emerge as first-stage spirits preparatory for transit to the superuniverse worlds of ascending culture and spirit training.
    Adam and Eve’s special resurrection:
    76:6.2   They did not long rest in the oblivion of the unconscious sleep of the mortals of the realm. On the third day after Adam’s death, the second following his reverent burial, the orders of Lanaforge, sustained by the acting Most High of Edentia and concurred in by the Union of Days on Salvington, acting for Michael, were placed in Gabriel’s hands, directing the special roll call of the distinguished survivors of the Adamic default on Urantia. And in accordance with this mandate of special resurrection, number twenty-six of the Urantia series, Adam and Eve were repersonalized and reassembled in the resurrection halls of the mansion worlds of Satania together with 1,316 of their associates in the experience of the first garden. Many other loyal souls had already been translated at the time of Adam’s arrival, which was attended by a dispensational adjudication of both the sleeping survivors and of the living qualified ascenders.
    :-)
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

7:10.4  After mortals have attained residence on the system headquarters, no more literal resurrections will be experienced. The morontia form granted you on departure from the mansion world career is such as will see you through to the end of the local universe experience. Changes will be made from time to time, but you will retain this same form until you bid it farewell when you emerge as first-stage spirits preparatory for transit to the superuniverse worlds of ascending culture and spirit training.

We retain the same form in our morontia career, but we are “re-keyed” from time to time.

48:2.21   6. Selective Assorters. As you progress from one class or phase of a morontia world to another, you must be re-keyed or advance-tuned, and it is the task of the selective assorters to keep you in progressive synchrony with the morontia life.
    43:8.2   The time spent on the seventy training worlds of transition morontia culture associated with the Edentia age of mortal ascension, is the most settled period in an ascending mortal’s career up to the status of a finaliter; this is really the typical morontia life. While you are re-keyed each time you pass from one major cultural world to another, you retain the same morontia body, and there are no periods of personality unconsciousness.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 152 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.