RESURRECTION HALL – Redux

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions RESURRECTION HALL – Redux

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I didn’t know we were editing you work too Rick. There are some spelling errors I noted. I’m sure you’ll flush them all out at some time down the road. Nice job.

Thanks.

I hate typos! But yeah, will flush them eventually.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

PS. Forum readers should receive fair warning, that when the pages are posted each morning (about 6 AM central daylight time, US), I usually spend an hour or so correcting typos and other errata. Sometimes later that day too, even the next day changes are sometimes made.  Strange to report I can’t seem to see the mistakes without posting first, even then I miss some. My apologies, and please don’t hesitate to point out problems, grammatical or contextual. Thanks.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Strange to report I can’t seem to see the mistakes without posting first, even then I miss some.

The same thing happens to me Rick.  I wish there was a way to view a draft before actually submitting.  That is when I often see my mistakes, but even then my eyes often see what I meant to write, rather than what I actually wrote.  It’s the nature of the beast.

That being said, I have to wonder why you think morontia beings sleep and dream.  Dreaming is only necessary when there are unconscious levels of the psyche which need exercise.  Humans have two unconscious levels, the subconscious and the superconscious, and these two levels are active during sleep when the conscious mind gets out of the way.  There is nothing written in TUB, or at least I can’t find anything written in TUB, that suggests the persistence of the subconscious or superconscious levels of mind in the morontia state.  Also, we know that the midwayers, whom I believe are low level morontia beings, do not sleep, therefore do not dream.  I agree that morontia beings require rest, play, reversion or recreation, but I am not aware that they require sleep except during translation.  And if they do not sleep, they do not dream.  Dreaming serves a purpose during the life in the flesh because here we are dual beings with dual levels of existence, often at odds with one another.  What purpose would dreaming serve on the mansion worlds?

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Strange to report I can’t seem to see the mistakes without posting first, even then I miss some.

The same thing happens to me Rick. I wish there was a way to view a draft before actually submitting. That is when I often see my mistakes, but even then my eyes often see what I meant to write, rather than what I actually wrote. It’s the nature of the beast.

Yep, guess we’ll have to get editors or suffer the terrible tyranny of typos.

That being said, I have to wonder why you think morontia beings sleep and dream. Dreaming is only necessary when there are unconscious levels of the psyche which need exercise. Humans have two unconscious levels, the subconscious and the superconscious, and these two levels are active during sleep when the conscious mind gets out of the way. There is nothing written in TUB, or at least I can’t find anything written in TUB, that suggests the persistence of the subconscious or superconscious levels of mind in the morontia state. Also, we know that the midwayers, whom I believe are low level morontia beings, do not sleep, therefore do not dream. I agree that morontia beings require rest, play, reversion or recreation, but I am not aware that they require sleep except during translation. And if they do not sleep, they do not dream. Dreaming serves a purpose during the life in the flesh because here we are dual beings with dual levels of existence, often at odds with one another. What purpose would dreaming serve on the mansion worlds?

A good point, Bonita. When the authors used the word rest I did assume sleep. But this quote, I think, could be interpreted as morontia sleep.

…Though you have morontia bodies, you continue, through all seven of these worlds, to eat, drink, and rest.

As for dreaming, the resurrectees’ minds actually do have a small base of experience for sub and superconscious emanations, the previous day and a half full of most extraordinary experience. From which, one might conjecture, an up-rush of powerful, fresh, coalescing memories could foment a visual presentation in their resting minds, brand new minds mind you, that are attempting to integrate these profound, once in a universe career experiences. Indeed, even the Adjuster could be involved.

I suspect, and here again I lean on the, nothing-lost-nothing-gained quotes, that dreams will still pervade our periods of rest. At least in the beginning.

There are these beings who show other beings how to best rest!

...The teachers of rest. Divine rest is associated with the technique of spiritual-energy intake. Morontia and spirit energy must be replenished just as certainly as physical energy, but not for the same reasons. I am, perforce, compelled to employ crude illustrations in my attempts to enlighten you; nevertheless, we of the spirit world must stop our regular activities periodically and betake ourselves to suitable places of rendezvous where we enter the divine rest and thus recuperate our depleting energies. 44:5:8
    Not sure if ‘suitable places’ means reclining.
    The authors say we are closer to sanobim and cherubim than midwayers. No where do I find their rest habits.

Also, I can find nothing that says we won’t dream as mansonians, you?

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Rick Warren wrote: The authors say we are closer to sanobim and cherubim than midwayers. No where do I find their rest habits.

As far as I understand it, and as indicated in the next two quotes, the midwayers are lower than the angels and thus, closer to us.

38:9.8 Primary midwayers resemble angels more than mortals; the secondary orders are much more like human beings.

38:9.9 The gap between the material and spiritual worlds is perfectly bridged by the serial association of mortal man, secondary midwayer, primary midwayer, morontia cherubim, mid-phase cherubim, and seraphim.

The midwayers do not sleep.  No sleep, no dreams.  I suppose they could daydream, but that’s a different animal altogether.

77:8.3 Both orders are nonmaterial beings as regards nutrition and energy intake, but they partake of many human traits and are able to enjoy and follow your humor as well as your worship. When attached to mortals, they enter into the spirit of human work, rest, and play. But midwayers do not sleep, neither do they possess powers of procreation. In a certain sense the secondary group are differentiated along the lines of maleness and femaleness, often being spoken of as “he” or “she.” They often work together in such pairs.

Rick Warren wrote:A good point, Bonita. When the authors used the word rest I did assume sleep. But this quote, I think, could be interpreted as morontia sleep. …Though you have morontia bodies, you continue, through all seven of these worlds, to eat, drink, and rest. 47:4:6

I respectfully disagree.  Rest is a form of conscious reversion, aka, play.  Sleeping is not conscious, nor is it play.  The purpose of rest is to recharge spiritual energies.  Humans must recharge material electro-chemical energies and the brain requires sleep in order to do that.  On the morontia level, there is no brain that needs recharging.  It’s the spirit that needs recharging.  It seems to me that your characters are being supercharged with all the activities they are partaking in.  Why would they need to sleep?  Perhaps they need time to coalesce their thoughts and consciously create rememberies.

25:7.2 Though you will have earnest and progressively difficult tasks to perform on the morontia training worlds of Nebadon, you will always be provided with regular seasons of rest and reversion. Throughout the journey to Paradise there will always be time for rest and spirit play; and in the career of light and life there is always time for worship and new achievement.

44:3.4  The play builders. Enormous edifices are utilized during the seasons of rest, what mortals would call recreation and, in a certain sense, play. Provision is made for a suitable setting for the reversion directors, the humorists of the morontia worlds, those transition spheres whereon takes place the training of ascendant beings but recently removed from the evolutionary planets. Even the higher spirits engage in a certain form of reminiscent humor during their periods of spiritual recharging.

I think it’s important to realize that even in the flesh, the soul does not sleep.  The soul does not require sleep, because it is the mid-mind, it is morontial, just like the midwayers. On the mansion worlds our souls are part of our new minds and the only reason we are conscious of our souls is because of the presence of the Adjuster, who also doesn’t sleep.  Therefore, the morontia mind would be actively conscious of the Adjuster making it unnecessary to have a superconscious.  The mind would have no unconscious areas (subconscious or superconscious), making it always conscious (no sleep).

111:2.8 The midway creatures have long denominated this evolving soul of man the midmind in contradistinction to the lower or material mind and the higher or cosmic mind. This midmind is really a morontia phenomenon since it exists in the realm between the material and the spiritual.

111:3.2 During life the mortal will, the personality power of decision-choice, is resident in the material mind circuits; as terrestrial mortal growth proceeds, this self, with its priceless powers of choice, becomes increasingly identified with the emerging morontia-soul entity; after death and following the mansion world resurrection, the human personality is completely identified with the morontia self. The soul is thus the embryo of the future morontia vehicle of personality identity.

112:6.7 But the morontia soul, being superadjutant, does not retain self-consciousness without the Adjuster when deprived of the material-mind mechanism.

The morontia mind, which contains the soul, evolves too, but it evolves by directly contacting cosmic mind.  I would assume this contact is conscious, therefore sleep would have little value in the evolution of mind, since sleep is unconscious.

112:6.6 The morontia mind must evolve by direct contact with cosmic mind, as this cosmic mind has been modified and translated by the creative source of local universe intellect — the Divine Minister.

Rick Warren wrote: Also, I can find nothing that says we won’t dream as mansonians, you?

So the absence of information gives you license?  In my opinion TUB explains over and over again what rest is.  In the next life sleep has other purposes.  You have your sleeping survivors who are in some sort of suspended state, then there are also transit sleeps, translational sleeps and metamorphic sleeps, but I don’t think there is anything like human sleep after death.  It makes no sense to me, knowing what I know about the mind and the soul.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

As far as I understand it, and as indicated in the next two quotes, the midwayers are lower than the angels and thus, closer to us.

Agreed, they are closer, but they are vastly different in certain ways. They can jet around a planet at the speed of light, as I recall. We can’t do that, even on Edentia:

... Edentia can be circumnavigated via these various water routes, though the chief channel of transportation is the atmosphere. Spirit beings would naturally travel above the surface of the sphere, while the morontia and material beings make use of material and semimaterial means to negotiate atmospheric passage…. 43:1:2

…Humans must recharge material electro-chemical energies and the brain requires sleep in order to do that. On the morontia level, there is no brain that needs recharging. It’s the spirit that needs recharging. It seems to me that your characters are being supercharged with all the activities they are partaking in. Why would they need to sleep? Perhaps they need time to coalesce their thoughts and consciously create rememberies.Perhaps.

25:7.2 Though you will have earnest and progressively difficult tasks to perform on the morontia training worlds of Nebadon, you will always be provided with regular seasons of rest and reversion. Throughout the journey to Paradise there will always be time for rest and spirit play; and in the career of light and life there is always time for worship and new achievement. 44:3.4 The play builders. Enormous edifices are utilized during the seasons of rest, what mortals would call recreation and, in a certain sense, play.

Disneyland?!?

Provision is made for a suitable setting for the reversion directors, the humorists of the morontia worlds, those transition spheres whereon takes place the training of ascendant beings but recently removed from the evolutionary planets. Even the higher spirits engage in a certain form of reminiscent humor during their periods of spiritual recharging.

I think it’s important to realize that even in the flesh, the soul does not sleep. But it does require rest.

The morontia mind, which contains the soul, evolves too, but it evolves by directly contacting cosmic mind.

And one can safely assume the evolution starts ‘right where we left off’.

I would assume this contact is conscious, therefore sleep would have little value in the evolution of mind, since sleep is unconscious.

I’m thinking even sleep patterns evolve.

So the absence of information gives you license?

No.

In my opinion TUB explains over and over again what rest is.

It does. But we are interpreting it differently, and we’ve bumped heads on this before. Your interpretation, to me, has us being much more advanced. Don’t the authors say more than once, ‘you start out there right where you left off’? That’s our starting point, evolution then takes over.

In the next life sleep has other purposes. You have your sleeping survivors who are in some sort of suspended state, then there are also transit sleeps, translational sleeps and metamorphic sleeps, but I don’t think there is anything like human sleep after death. It makes no sense to me, knowing what I know about the mind and the soul.

In deference, I will keep your critique in mind. In fact you are always in my writer’s mind, ‘will this pass muster with Bonita and the Forum?’. Thank you. Your advice and encouragement on the original RH story was very helpful.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote: Agreed, they are closer, but they are vastly different in certain ways. They can jet around a planet at the speed of light, as I recall. We can’t do that, even on Edentia:

Actually, midwayers can travel double the speed of light, angels can travel triple the speed of light and Solitary Messengers, I think, can go more than 4 million times the speed of light.  The reason we don’t travel like that is because we have to be retooled on each level.  The midwayers don’t have to be retooled because they stay on this planet, (despite the belief that they travel in space crafts where they busy themselves sending emails to a new apostolic team of planetary saviors.)

The way we travel on Edentia has nothing to do with how our minds and bodies recharge.  Likewise, the way midwayers travel on earth has nothing to do with how their minds work or how they recharge, it has to do with their function on the planet, their ability to work with power directors and physical controllers. The midwayers have access to an undiscovered form of energy.  Who knows what humans could do if they had access to this energy, just sayin’.   I think you’re confusing function with substance, assuming that all morontia substances can perform the same functions.  That’s just poppycock.  Sorry.

29:4.14 The physical controllers are chiefly occupied in the adjustment of basic energies undiscovered on Urantia. These unknown energies are very essential to the interplanetary system of transport and to certain techniques of communication. When we lay lines of energy for the purpose of conveying sound equivalents or of extending vision, these undiscovered forms of energy are utilized by the living physical controllers and their associates. These same energies are also, on occasion, used by the midway creatures in their routine work.

38:9.8 The primary ministers can achieve liaison co-operation with both morontia- and spirit-energy controllers and mind circuiters. The secondary group can establish working connections only with the physical controllers and the material-circuit manipulators. But since each order of midwayer can establish perfect synchrony of contact with the other, either group is thereby able to achieve practical utilization of the entire energy gamut extending from the gross physical power of the material worlds up through the transition phases of universe energies to the higher spirit-reality forces of the celestial realms.

Rick Warren wrote:  Your interpretation, to me, has us being much more advanced. Don’t the authors say more than once, ‘you start out there right where you left off’? That’s our starting point, evolution then takes over.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to start there where we leave off here.  They are talking about the psychic circles.  We start there in the same psychic circle we are in when we die.  It has nothing to do with how our new bodies and minds work.  The psychic circles are about soul growth and personality realization. Anyway, you are writing fiction, and as far as I am concerned, sleeping and dreaming on the mansion worlds is a superfiction.  I can’t accept it.

Mind evolution on the morontia level has to do with the growth of meanings and values.  If you want your characters to evolve, then you have to give them problems to solve.  You have to give them huge disappointments and new learning opportunities.  As I tried to explain before, learning on the mansion worlds is not classroom learning.  It’s life learning.  If I were writing the story, I would have these two characters separated.  Clearly they have different deficiencies which require different learning environments.  I would explore their pet evils, their character traits which need to be better aligned with reality.  I would highlight their misconceptions and misunderstandings.  I would put them in uncomfortable positions and give them service opportunities which challenge them.  Sleeping and dreaming ain’t gonna cut it.

Rick Warren wrote: In deference, I will keep your critique in mind. In fact you are always in my writer’s mind, ‘will this pass muster with Bonita and the Forum?’. Thank you. Your advice and encouragement on the original RH story was very helpful.

So I live rent-free in your head huh?  I’m sure there are many here who would consider that to be a severe level of suffering.  All I can say is that sleeping and dreaming on the mansion worlds does not pass muster with me.  Perhaps you can give them reflective time where they struggle to put all this new information and experience into perspective, a time when vague reminiscences of long gone times in the flesh when they struggled to comprehend something, times when they were urged to pray for answers. Those same urges continue in the next life. The beauty of being in heaven is that the Adjuster is much more accessible, as are the Divine Spirit and the Spirit of Truth.  They are still present within the mind, but much more palpable and much more communicative.

Don’t forget meanings and values.  Spiritual insight takes on new levels of consciousness.  Morontia consciousness is comparable to soul consciousness here.  Soul consciousness is dependent upon psychic circle progress.  Certainly your characters, as third circlers, attained at least a basic level of soul consciousness while in the flesh.  That is where they will start, breaking through that embryonic consciousness to full fledged morontia consciousness, even a cosmic consciousness.  But it’s all about consciousness.  Sleep is unconscious.  Sleep doesn’t make you more conscious, it makes you more unconscious. It’s going the wrong way.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote: Agreed, they are closer, but they are vastly different in certain ways. They can jet around a planet at the speed of light, as I recall. We can’t do that, even on Edentia:

Actually, midwayers can travel double the speed of light, angels can travel triple the speed of light and Solitary Messengers, I think, can go more than 4 million times the speed of light. The reason we don’t travel like that is because we have to be retooled on each level. The midwayers don’t have to be retooled because they stay on this planet, (despite the belief that they travel in space crafts where they busy themselves sending emails to a new apostolic team of planetary saviors.) The way we travel on Edentia has nothing to do with how our minds and bodies recharge. Likewise, the way midwayers travel on earth has nothing to do with how their minds work or how they recharge, it has to do with their function on the planet, their ability to work with power directors and physical controllers. The midwayers have access to an undiscovered form of energy. Who knows what humans could do if they had access to this energy, just sayin’. I think you’re confusing function with substance, assuming that all morontia substances can perform the same functions. That’s just poppycock. Sorry.

Hmm…we’ll have to disagree. But we don’t disagree that morontia substance can be manipulated all manner of ways.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to start there where we leave off here. They are talking about the psychic circles. We start there in the same psychic circle we are in when we die. It has nothing to do with how our new bodies and minds work. The psychic circles are about soul growth and personality realization. Anyway, you are writing fiction, and as far as I am concerned, sleeping and dreaming on the mansion worlds is a superfiction. I can’t accept it.

The way I see it, the morontia body, mind, soul are a unit and function as such. You have however convinced me to change the word sleep to rest.

Mind evolution on the morontia level has to do with the growth of meanings and values. If you want your characters to evolve, then you have to give them problems to solve. You have to give them huge disappointments and new learning opportunities. As I tried to explain before, learning on the mansion worlds is not classroom learning. It’s life learning.

This is just the beginning.

If I were writing the story, I would have these two characters separated. Clearly they have different deficiencies which require different learning environments.

It’s getting there.

I would explore their pet evils, their character traits which need to be better aligned with reality. I would highlight their misconceptions and misunderstandings. I would put them in uncomfortable positions and give them service opportunities which challenge them.

Please don’t rush the story.

Sleeping and dreaming ain’t gonna cut it.

Guess we’ll see. I’ll meet you in the Melchizedek sector, when you arrive ;)

Rick Warren wrote: In deference, I will keep your critique in mind. In fact you are always in my writer’s mind, ‘will this pass muster with Bonita and the Forum?’. Thank you. Your advice and encouragement on the original RH story was very helpful.

So I live rent-free in your head huh? I’m sure there are many here who would consider that to be a severe level of suffering.

How much should I charge?

All I can say is that sleeping and dreaming on the mansion worlds does not pass muster with me. Perhaps you can give them reflective time where they struggle to put all this new information and experience into perspective, a time when vague reminiscences of long gone times in the flesh when they struggled to comprehend something, times when they were urged to pray for answers.

We’ll get there.

Those same urges continue in the next life. The beauty of being in heaven is that the Adjuster is much more accessible, as are the Divine Spirit and the Spirit of Truth. They are still present within the mind, but much more palpable and much more communicative. Don’t forget meanings and values.

Never!

Spiritual insight takes on new levels of consciousness. Morontia consciousness is comparable to soul consciousness here. Soul consciousness is dependent upon psychic circle progress. Certainly your characters, as third circlers, attained at least a basic level of soul consciousness while in the flesh. That is where they will start, breaking through that embryonic consciousness to full fledged morontia consciousness, even a cosmic consciousness. But it’s all about consciousness. Sleep is unconscious. Sleep doesn’t make you more conscious, it makes you more unconscious. It’s going the wrong way.

Is your urge to write a UB based fiction piqued yet? Someone needs to do an Adam and Eve fiction that brings it to the people!

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Is your urge to write a UB based fiction piqued yet? Someone needs to do an Adam and Eve fiction that brings it to the people!

Oh God no!! I’ve spent decades trying to bring UB readers back into focus with reality, talk them down off their crazy fantasies.  Then to write one of my own!  That would be lunacy!  Besides, I have trouble with fiction.  I can’t write it and I have trouble reading it, I get bored very easily with fiction.  I prefer to read historical pieces, biographies and autobiographies as well as informational books.  My heart is not in fiction unless it’s a BBC costume drama, but that’s because of all the historical detail they’re so well known for.

So, are you writing for “the people”?  Or is your audience TUB readers? I was under the impression that you were writing for TUB readers since you heavily invest in TUB language.  This is where I get myself into trouble every time I start to write something TUB based.  What’s my audience?  Who do I direct it too?  If it’s the “people”, then a lot of TUB language has to change or be delicately defined to fit the culture.  Heck, even long time TUB readers may need to have terms defined.  It wasn’t long ago that I had to point out to someone here that the Mystery Monitor and the Adjuster are one and the same thing.  That’s something I never thought any TUB reader could possibly get confused, but there you have it. So where do you begin?? I really don’t know.  Even my little treatise on the Holy Spirit is confusing to both TUB and non-TUB readers.  I just had to give up on it.  I write for myself now.  Seems selfish, I know.  But who reads this stuff really?  As far as I can tell,  almost no one.  It’s just not worth all the effort, and it takes a lot of effort, as I’m sure you know.

If I were to undertake a writing for “the people”, I would immerse myself in the currently held beliefs of most people and embellish them in such a way that points toward revealed truth.  For instance, my Melchizedek (or midwayer) in the woods theme would have to embrace Amerindian mythology.  And since most of the early settlers were German and Scandinavian, I would also include their mythology.  Tell the stories and make them modern by including revelation, give “the people” the story behind the story.  It’s an art form, I think, and a huge undertaking.  I’ve made false starts at it only to put it away thinking it’s a waste of time.  Time is important, right? Don’t want to waste it.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Oh God no!! I’ve spent decades trying to bring UB readers back into focus with reality, talk them down off their crazy fantasies. Then to write one of my own! That would be lunacy! Besides, I have trouble with fiction. I can’t write it and I have trouble reading it, I get bored very easily with fiction. I prefer to read historical pieces, biographies and autobiographies as well as informational books. My heart is not in fiction unless it’s a BBC costume drama, but that’s because of all the historical detail they’re so well known for.

Yeah, yeah, BBC. Especially their Shakespeare presentations.

So, are you writing for “the people”? Or is your audience TUB readers?

Readers. And I’m pleased at how much crossover the story is getting on Facebook. And that’s what I was hoping for, but didn’t really expect.

I was under the impression that you were writing for TUB readers since you heavily invest in TUB language. This is where I get myself into trouble every time I start to write something TUB based. What’s my audience? Who do I direct it too? If it’s the “people”, then a lot of TUB language has to change or be delicately defined to fit the culture. Heck, even long time TUB readers may need to have terms defined. It wasn’t long ago that I had to point out to someone here that the Mystery Monitor and the Adjuster are one and the same thing. That’s something I never thought any TUB reader could possibly get confused, but there you have it. So where do you begin?? I really don’t know. Even my little treatise on the Holy Spirit is confusing to both TUB and non-TUB readers. I just had to give up on it. I write for myself now. Seems selfish, I know. But who reads this stuff really? As far as I can tell, almost no one.

That’s the same feeling I got from writing on TB&G. Evidently people enjoy stories, as the preferred way of learning.

It’s just not worth all the effort, and it takes a lot of effort, as I’m sure you know. If I were to undertake a writing for “the people”, I would immerse myself in the currently held beliefs of most people and embellish them in such a way that points toward revealed truth. For instance, my Melchizedek (or midwayer) in the woods theme would have to embrace Amerindian mythology. And since most of the early settlers were German and Scandinavian, I would also include their mythology. Tell the stories and make them modern by including revelation, give “the people” the story behind the story. It’s an art form, I think, and a huge undertaking. I’ve made false starts at it only to put it away thinking it’s a waste of time. Time is important, right? Don’t want to waste it.

Right! Never mind :-)   :good:   ;-)   :-(  

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Rick Warren wrote:  Readers. And I’m pleased at how much crossover the story is getting on Facebook. And that’s what I was hoping for, but didn’t really expect.

Haha!  So any kind of reader will do, huh?  Funny.  Well, I’m glad to hear of your success on Facebook.  I don’t have a Facebook account, so I have no idea what goes on there.  I know I lost one of my good friends to Facebook.  I mean, she’s more interested in keeping her Facebook friends happy than her non-Facebook friends.  Her entire life centers around what she can post about herself there, and even when she’s with me, she’s reading and posting on Facebook, the invisible persons in the room.  After seeing what it did to her, making her a phony baloney attention seeker, I don’t think it’s for me. But I wish you all the success on Facebook you rightly deserve.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

…But I wish you all the success on Facebook you rightly deserve.

Thanks! It may turn into a kindle book and break out of FB when completed. FB is a good testing ground, like this site. But never got responses like this to non-fiction writing:

“I’m truly enjoying this story, it’s so personal. Looking forward to each day’s adventure!”

“What a pleasant picture you paint with your words!

Today’s page is seriously cool, Rick! I have often thought of doing as Kala and Saro are doing, that is, being one of the teachers of folks resurrected from our little world on Mansonia. There are even some folks with whom I have shared the Urantia Book, that come to mind, who will be dumbfounded to see me again! I hope I can control the urge to say: “I told you so!”

I have always been both a seeker and a teacher; and I eagerly anticipate continuing to be both in the future life awaiting us all. Rick, you are making real those contemplations of mine, in a rich, wonderful story. I am hooked; and I find myself rushing to FB, hoping you have added another page to your tale! It is better than the Saturday morning serials at the theater! Harold

“…a rich, wonderful story. I am hooked; and I find myself rushing to FB, hoping you have added another page to your tale!”

“I too am hooked on this adventure….and look for the new page eagerly…”

“My mind often wanders and wonders at these first days as mansion world ascender, and I think I will surely drive our teachers nuts with questions. Rick, you have whet my appetite for more! I often feel sad for our Urantia siblings who have not awakened to the fact and truth, the literal joy of what the next leg of our adventure holds. It sure makes this first estate much more tolerable and even joyous, for sure more peaceful. What are your intentions for your story when you are finished Rick? I know a couple of folks whom I would share it with should you publish it.”
    ~love and gratitude.

“…your story is so engaging that each day I look forward to grabbing my coffee and my tablet to read the next installation.”

“You are giving people hope…”

“Thank you!… I sure savor each word from your beautiful story.”

”This page rings distinctly real to me….Well Done”

“Awesome.”

“…this is the first story I’ve read with such a vivid true to life type story.”

“Oh! My goodness! This page rings distinctly real to me.”

“…a wonderful story to tell! Have a look and be amazed!”

“Just finished pg 8 and this one in particular gave me chill bumps!”

“I love it…Your description is so vibrant…”

“I’m really enjoying this saga of afterlife! Can’t wait to see what happens next…”

“Such beautiful inspiration! Thanks!!”

“beautiful”

“It’s just beautiful – you’ve really captured the spirit of it…I can’t wait to keep reading it.”

“What a beautiful story! Inspires hope and faith for our future.”

‘What a great idea for a book, I’m very excited to read it all. Those first pages really whet my appetite for more! What a wondrous event it will be to awaken on a new world and to eventually meet beings from all over the universe!”

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

WOW!! Very impressive.  You must be on cloud nine, or higher, if that’s even possible.

nelsong
    Participant

I know I lost one of my good friends to Facebook.

my wife is a similar facebook victim.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

my wife is a similar facebook victim.

Sorry to hear that nelsong.  It’s a weird social phenomenon going on.  I’m not sure what to make of it all.  Obviously it’s good to socialize the personality, but it seems it’s also fostering an odd form of narcissism in way too many people.  It proves one thing though.  People really like to be noticed.  It’s good for the psyche to think someone cares.  The problem is knowing when it’s real and when it’s fake.  Unfortunately, I see a lot of fakery going ’round.  As my kids would say, meh.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 152 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.