RESURRECTION HALL – Redux

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions RESURRECTION HALL – Redux

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Rick….are you “stuck” on something?  Or just busy?

I know you are very intent on being as “factual” as possible.  However, I would recommend that both probable and plausible are high enough standards for your endeavor!

Those of us experienced students who might find a nit to pick here and there will surely embrace your sincerity to tell a tale of what might be and the important function of your efforts in this story is to allow the reader to be somewhere else, somewhere far different and far more wondrous than we have experienced….to give us a taste and sense of the glory and grandeur and the community of the celestial family to come for us tadpoles.

Don’t torque your brain needlessly in any effort to perfect the “facts”…..or so I would advise.  Hurry up will you….I am in suspense here – hahahahahaha.   Blessings Brother…and take the time you need.  I would like to read the tale before I get there however.  Hahaha.

Your Friend – Bradly

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Rick….are you “stuck” on something? Or just busy?

Not stuck, Bradly, busy yes. Got sidetracked by a Christmas movie-making project, which is now nearly done. Almost ready to return to writing full time. 

I know you are very intent on being as “factual” as possible. However, I would recommend that both probable and plausible are high enough standards for your endeavor! Those of us experienced students who might find a nit to pick here and there will surely embrace your sincerity to tell a tale of what might be and the important function of your efforts in this story is to allow the reader to be somewhere else, somewhere far different and far more wondrous than we have experienced….to give us a taste and sense of the glory and grandeur and the community of the celestial family to come for us tadpoles. Don’t torque your brain needlessly in any effort to perfect the “facts”…..or so I would advise.

OK! Appreciate the wiggle room.

Hurry up will you….I am in suspense here – hahahahahaha.

Facebook fans are suffering withdrawal too. But the story IS progressing, just about caught up on plotting, editing, reviewing. Hope to have the next episode ready for your perusal by Friday.

Blessings Brother…and take the time you need. I would like to read the tale before I get there however. Hahaha.

HAA! Me too. Working.

Your Friend – Bradly

Thanks for the lift and laff, brother friend.

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Dear Forum Friends,

An update to readers of this story.  The final edit is about half done. It’s embarrassing to find so many errors in the original, that is now posted, uneditable, in the INSPIRATION sub-forum.
    I hope this version is much better. The page format has been changed to a chapter format. Chapter 1 is posted HERE
    This is the first draft of the preface/disclaimer, if and when a book is created out of the story:
    PREFACE

What will it be like when you awaken after life on Earth? Resurrection Hall attempts to explore that question in light of new revelations found in The Urantia Book. This book, published in 1955, reveals a great deal about our future life, from our first breath on Mansion World One, to our arrival on Paradise as perfected beings. It is a spiritual fiction story about the Maylon family who resurrect on the first Mansion world to begin the long, long journey to God’s abode at the center of all things and beings.
    Disclaimer: As its author I tried to keep the story and characters true to the revelations about our future estate as they are portrayed in The Urantia Book, with some artistic license, and much imagination. Therefore is it highly recommended you the reader consider and consult the primary source of inspiration for the story to eliminate any and all errors I have introduced.
    __[not sure how many yet] verbatim quotes from The Urantia Book were used the writing of this book. At the end of each paragraph containing a quote is the number of the Paper, Section, and Paragraph. The Urantia Book’s text is available for reading and downloading in the major languages at urantia.org  Urantia Foundation was established to preserve and disseminate this unique revelatory text. The English version of The Urantia Book is not copyrighted, therefore can its text be used–preferably with attribution to its source–without limit.
    The words Urantia and Urantian were also used in the writing of Resurrection Hall. Both are trademarked by Urantia Foundation. The uses of these trademarked words in this story complies with Urantia Foundation’s ‘fair use policy’:
    “You may use “Urantian” or “Urantians” to refer to readers of The Urantia Book or to inhabitants of planet Earth.
    You may use “Urantia” as a reference to planet Earth.”
    This story was created using imagination and revelation. Without the revelations of the Urantia Papers, no such story would be imaginable. All credit for it must go to the Revelators who furnished the text of the greatest book ever conceived, written and published, and God who created imagination, and who even indwells us.

This will be the format for the Glossary, with all the quotes used in the story:

Chapter 3.6  “…the act of worship becomes increasingly all-encompassing until it eventually attains the glory of the highest experiential delight and the most exquisite pleasure known to created beings.” 27:7.1 (303.5)
    Chapter 3.21 Paul learned of the existence of the morontia worlds and of the reality of morontia materials, for he wrote, “They have in heaven a better and more enduring substance.” 48:1.7 (542.4)

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Final Draft (hopefully):

PREFACE
    What will it be like when you awaken after life on Earth? Resurrection Hall attempts to explore that question in light of new revelations found in The Urantia Book. Published in 1955, it reveals a great deal about our future life, from the first breath on Mansion World One, to our arrival on Paradise as perfected beings.
    Resurrection Hall is a spiritual fiction story based in these revelations, about the Maylon family who resurrect on the first Mansion World to begin the long, long journey to God’s abode at the center of all things and beings.
    An attempt was made to keep the story in reasonably close harmony with the revelations about our future estate as they are portrayed in The Urantia Book, with some artistic license.
    Author’s Notice: Verbatim quotes are used in this story. Each use is tagged with the Paper, section, and paragraph number of The Urantia Book. The full text of the English version (and only the English version) is in the public domain. It is not copyrighted and is always available for reading and downloading in the major languages, at http://www.urantia.org
    The words Urantia and Urantian also appear in this story. Both are trademarked by Urantia Foundation. Under its ‘safe harbors for fair use’ policy, they may be used under certain conditions, with which the text of this story complies.

“You may use “Urantian” or “Urantians” to refer to readers of The Urantia Book or to inhabitants of planet Earth.

You may use “Urantia” as a reference to planet Earth.”

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

[Final, final draft!]

PREFACE
    What will it be like when you awaken after life on Earth? Resurrection Hall attempts to explore that question in light of new revelations found in The Urantia Book. Published in 1955, this book reveals a great deal about our future life, from our first breath on Mansion World One, to our arrival on Paradise as perfected beings.
    Resurrection Hall is a spiritual fiction story based on these revelations, about the Maylon family who resurrect on the first Mansion world to begin the long, long journey to God’s abode at the center of all things and beings. An attempt was made to keep the story in reasonably close harmony with the revealed facts about our future estate portrayed in The Urantia Book–with some artistic license.
    Author’s disclaimer: For questions about the various Mansion World scenarios depicted in this story, readers are asked to rely on the source of its inspiration, The Urantia Book. This story was created using imagination and revelation. Without the revelations of the Urantia Papers, no such story would be possible. All credit for it must go to the Revelators who furnished the text of the greatest book ever conceived, written, and published, and God who created imagination, and who even indwells us.
    81 verbatim quotes from The Urantia Book were used the writing of this book. At the end of each quote is the number of the Paper, the section, and the paragraph. An Index of Quotes appears after the text. The complete text of the Urantia Book is available for reading and downloading in the major languages at http://www.urantia.org
    Urantia Foundation was established to preserve and disseminate this unique revelatory text. The English version of The Urantia Book is not copyrighted; therefore can its text be used–preferably with attribution to its source–without limit.
    The words Urantia and Urantian were also used in the writing of Resurrection Hall. Both are trademarked by Urantia Foundation. The uses of these trademarked words in this story complies with Urantia Foundation’s ‘safe harbor for fair use policy’.
    You may use “Urantian” or “Urantians” to refer to readers of The Urantia Book or to inhabitants of planet Earth.
    You may use “Urantia” as a reference to planet Earth.

Richard E Warren

Trev
    Participant

Hello Rick… your story is much appreciated from my side of things. I do hope you will edit a full version of it because this fiction is somewhat inspirational so to say. Generally speaking, we have no experience of the Morontia worlds, but we are indeed taught that everything happening in these abodes are real and very tangible. While this can be easily conceivable for some, it can also be for others a romantic hope in life ever after.
    I would be pleased to assist you in any way regarding your work since I would envisage the possibility of translating it in French… with your permission of course.

Regards,
    Alain Cyr (alias Trev), French coordinator for UAI Journal

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thank you Alain. Very much appreciate the feedback. The final edit is almost complete.
    Creating this story made mansion and morontia life much more conceivable to me. It’s such a comfort to have a general vision of what’s ahead, especially since we have been informed that ‘heaven’ is real, available, and good! It has also created a greater perspective and better insight about Urantia’s progress, its future, and its current condition.
    Not sure about translations yet. Focusing next on publishing it in English. Also not sure how it will be received by the community. This year will be a test period. Hope to have a book out in a few months.

.Fraternally, Rick

Richard E Warren

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Dear Forum Friends,

Resurrection Hall is now a book. Many thanks to all who offered comments, critiques, and feedback in its creation, especially Bonita. Post publication feedback is invited.

Much love, Rick

Print: https://www.amazon.com/Resurrection-Hall-Mansion-World-Odyssey/dp/1545586667/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496740053&sr=1-1&keywords=resurrection+hall

Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G238ST/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496740053&sr=1-2&keywords=resurrection+hall

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Kudos to you Rick!  Congratulations on a job well done.  It must feel fantastic to have accomplished so much.  Looking forward to the read.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Kudos to you Rick! Congratulations on a job well done. It must feel fantastic to have accomplished so much. Looking forward to the read.

Thanks for the kudos Bonita, means a lot.

Richard E Warren

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Wow Rick!  Congratulations!  Amazing!

I’m going to get it for my Kindle.

:-)

I just got it with one-click on Amazon Smile!  Thanks so much for making your work available in this format.

:good:

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Wow Rick! Congratulations! Amazing! I’m going to get it for my Kindle. :-) I just got it with one-click on Amazon Smile! Thanks so much for making your work available in this format. :good:

Thank you Mara! Hope you like/enjoy.

Richard E Warren

Trev
    Participant

Thank you much for the inspiring story Rick.

Gene
    Participant

Got it, great job Rick, thank you for your efforts. I’ll go for the paperback, not a kindle fan.

your next Bonita😉

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Thank you much for the inspiring story Rick.

Got it, great job Rick, thank you for your efforts. I’ll go for the paperback, not a kindle fan.

your next Bonita😉

You’re most welcome, Trev, Gene, much appreciate the thanks.

Richard E Warren

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 152 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.