Agondonters

Viewing 5 posts - 421 through 425 (of 425 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant

Morontia Progressor: lots of meaning in those two words and only mentioned two other times that I could find:

The final dynamics of the cosmos have to do with the continual transfer of reality from potentiality to actuality. In theory, there may be an end to this metamorphosis, but in fact, such is impossible since the Potential and the Actual are both encircuited in the Original (the I AM), and this identification makes it forever impossible to place a limit on the developmental progression of the universe. Whatsoever is identified with the I AM can never find an end to progression since the actuality of the potentials of the I AM is absolute, and the potentiality of the actuals of the I AM is also absolute. Always will actuals be opening up new avenues of the realization of hitherto impossible potentials — every human decision not only actualizes a new reality in human experience but also opens up a new capacity for human growth. The man lives in every child, and the morontia progressor is resident in the mature God-knowing man.
    119:8.8 [Part III]
    Urantia is the sentimental shrine of all Nebadon, the chief of ten million inhabited worlds, the mortal home of Christ Michael, sovereign of all Nebadon, a Melchizedek minister to the realms, a system savior, an Adamic redeemer, a seraphic fellow, an associate of ascending spirits, a morontia progressor, a Son of Man in the likeness of mortal flesh, and the Planetary Prince of Urantia. And your record tells the truth when it says that this same Jesus has promised sometime to return to the world of his terminal bestowal, the World of the Cross.*

An experience us mortals can actually share with Jesus.

but the feel good part is realizing the progress, not necessarily the path

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Gene wrote: . . . but the feel good part is realizing the progress, not necessarily the path

Naah,  I think the path also feels good most of the time.  There are some uncomfortable decisions and some downright painful decisions, but they don’t seem to be all that regular an occurrence . . . at least not for me, not anymore, that is.  But then again, maybe I’m not progressing.  That’s a possibility I suppose.  All I know is that I’m having a fantastic time on earth right now.  It’s been a really rough go.  Lots of superbly horrible nonsense to deal with over the years, but it seems to me like I don’t remember the pain as much as the good things that came out of it.  Or at least the good things overshadow the bad so much that I loose interest in the bad.  Not sure.  Anyway, bringing love to life . . . really bringing it . . . is a delight, I have to say.  It does feel good to me.

If I think about it, I think self-discipline makes life a lot easier.  At least there’s a lot less chaos and a lot fewer people casting their evil shadows on me than there were earlier in my life.   That certainly makes life more fun.  Plus it’s all new.  (Not sure if that’s because of senile decay of brain cells or the Spirit of Truth, but yeah, lots of things seem new to me all the time.)

119:8.8 The man lives in every child, and the morontia progressor is resident in the mature God-knowing man.

There’s a companion quote for that:

48:6.2 You should understand that the morontia life of an ascending mortal is really initiated on the inhabited words at the conception of the soul, at that moment when the creature mind of moral status is indwelt by the spirit Adjuster. And from that moment on, the mortal soul has potential capacity for supermortal function, even for recognition on the higher levels of the morontia spheres of the local universe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I think about it, I think self-discipline makes life a lot easier. At least there’s a lot less chaos and a lot fewer people casting their evil shadows on me than there were earlier in my life. That certainly makes life more fun. Plus it’s all new.

(1609.4) 143:2.3 “Verily, verily, I say to you, he who rules his own self is greater than he who captures a city. Self-mastery is the measure of man’s moral nature and the indicator of his spiritual development. In the old order you fasted and prayed; as the new creature of the rebirth of the spirit, you are taught to believe and rejoice. In the Father’s kingdom you are to become new creatures; old things are to pass away; behold I show you how all things are to become new. And by your love for one another you are to convince the world that you have passed from bondage to liberty, from death into life everlasting.

(1609.5) 143:2.4 “By the old way you seek to suppress, obey, and conform to the rules of living; by the new way you are first transformed by the Spirit of Truth and thereby strengthened in your inner soul by the constant spiritual renewing of your mind, and so are you endowed with the power of the certain and joyous performance of the gracious, acceptable, and perfect will of God. Forget not — it is your personal faith in the exceedingly great and precious promises of God that ensures your becoming partakers of the divine nature. Thus by your faith and the spirit’s transformation, you become in reality the temples of God, and his spirit actually dwells within you. If, then, the spirit dwells within you, you are no longer bondslaves of the flesh but free and liberated sons of the spirit. The new law of the spirit endows you with the liberty of self-mastery in place of the old law of the fear of self-bondage and the slavery of self-denial.

(1609.6) 143:2.5 “Many times, when you have done evil, you have thought to charge up your acts to the influence of the evil one when in reality you have but been led astray by your own natural tendencies. Did not the Prophet Jeremiah long ago tell you that the human heart is deceitful above all things and sometimes even desperately wicked? How easy for you to become self-deceived and thereby fall into foolish fears, divers lusts, enslaving pleasures, malice, envy, and even vengeful hatred!

(1610.1) 143:2.6 “Salvation is by the regeneration of the spirit and not by the self-righteous deeds of the flesh. You are justified by faith and fellowshipped by grace, not by fear and the self-denial of the flesh, albeit the Father’s children who have been born of the spirit are ever and always masters of the self and all that pertains to the desires of the flesh. When you know that you are saved by faith, you have real peace with God. And all who follow in the way of this heavenly peace are destined to be sanctified to the eternal service of the ever-advancing sons of the eternal God. Henceforth, it is not a duty but rather your exalted privilege to cleanse yourselves from all evils of mind and body while you seek for perfection in the love of God.

(1610.2) 143:2.7 “Your sonship is grounded in faith, and you are to remain unmoved by fear. Your joy is born of trust in the divine word, and you shall not therefore be led to doubt the reality of the Father’s love and mercy. It is the very goodness of God that leads men into true and genuine repentance. Your secret of the mastery of self is bound up with your faith in the indwelling spirit, which ever works by love. Even this saving faith you have not of yourselves; it also is the gift of God. And if you are the children of this living faith, you are no longer the bondslaves of self but rather the triumphant masters of yourselves, the liberated sons of God.

(1610.3) 143:2.8 “If, then, my children, you are born of the spirit, you are forever delivered from the self-conscious bondage of a life of self-denial and watchcare over the desires of the flesh, and you are translated into the joyous kingdom of the spirit, whence you spontaneously show forth the fruits of the spirit in your daily lives; and the fruits of the spirit are the essence of the highest type of enjoyable and ennobling self-control, even the heights of terrestrial mortal attainment — true self-mastery.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thanks again to all contributors….what a winding path that has touched so many related issues!!  I look forward to more.  In the meantime, I often browse through older topics here and found many which go deeper into a particular topic or offer new perspectives on the same topics as discussed here.  I thought it appropriate to post some links here for the enjoyment of those students who might like a more in depth study.  This list is not exhaustive or all inclusive so others may also wish to do the same.  Well done All!!

First up is the current discussion begun by Bonita: https://urantia-association.org/forums/topic/the-kingdom-of-heaven/

Growth part 3

Personality survival

What is conscience?

The Urantia Book and the Soul

The UB on Genuine and Personal Religious Experience

Calling All Philosophers

Destinies of Ascending Sons

I’ll be back with more…that’s just from 5 pages of 15 pages of topics – 203 total !!!  = )

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 421 through 425 (of 425 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.