The Master's Parables

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions The Master's Parables

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 317 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Yes, and we are given fair warning as to this “response” or lack thereof:

(483.12) 42:12.12 On a material world you think of a body as having a spirit, but we regard the spirit as having a body. The material eyes are truly the windows of the spirit-born soul. The spirit is the architect, the mind is the builder, the body is the material building.

(484.3) 42:12.15 Mind universally dominates matter, even as it is in turn responsive to the ultimate overcontrol of spirit. And with mortal man, only that mind which freely submits itself to the spirit direction can hope to survive the mortal time-space existence as an immortal child of the eternal spirit world of the Supreme, the Ultimate, and the Absolute: the Infinite.

Makes me wonder about those who know right from wrong but do not choose the right way.  Evil is error.  When does it become more than that?  Jesus gave the first and great commandment….ALL our might….and the second requires the first….love one another as God loves us.  Being love responsive is something even a tadpole can accomplish by simple sincerity and faith.

Bonita, you said an evil mind is only punished by conscience but I would counter that an evil mind is plagued by doubt, fear, uncertainty, anger, blame, and unhappiness – the fruit or result of such a mind which tastes bitter enough to such ones regardless of their awareness of this cause and effect or their feelings of any guilt or remorse.  The suffering may lead one to change….or not.  But if not, I would suggest that the suffering consequences do indeed get worse and worse.  Or until new intentions, motives, priorities, and choices come by way of the illumination of spirit in mind.  I don’t think most people really get their own responsibility for their situation and experience in that situation.  And thus, the Master taught us the importance of our yearning for and loyalty to the Spirit within…..a treasure.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: Bonita, you said an evil mind is only punished by conscience but I would counter that an evil mind is plagued by doubt, fear, uncertainty, anger, blame, and unhappiness – the fruit or result of such a mind which tastes bitter enough to such ones regardless of their awareness of this cause and effect or their feelings of any guilt or remorse.

Do you know what antisocial personalities are?  They are not unhappy people.  They are never uncertain about themselves.  They are not plagued by anything except the need to dominate their will over others.  They are essentially without souls – the walking dead.  But they do not feel that way.  They feel like the most important personalities in the cosmos.  And they only feel anger when other’s don’t cater to their will.  They do not doubt themselves at all.  There is nothing to doubt if you’re the center of the universe, a living god in your own mind.  Do you think that Lucifer is plagued by doubt, fear, uncertainty, anger, blame or unhappiness?  No.  Not even a tiny trace of any of it. Not one iota.  Antisocial people are just like Lucifer.

Bradly wrote: The suffering may lead one to change….or not.  But if not, I would suggest that the suffering consequences do indeed get worse and worse.

These people do not suffer and do not change.  They make others suffer and change in order to suit their desires.  Their desires are all that is important.  That’s what happens when you’re the only one in the cosmos; your needs are the only ones that matter.

Bradly wrote: Or until new intentions, motives, priorities, and choices come by way of the illumination of spirit in mind.

These people do not have a spirit within.  They are vacuous.  Their insides are filled with only themselves.  There is nothing there to illuminate them except their own perverse ideas which shine ever brighter all the time.  Dazzled by their own light.  Isn’t that a fair description of Lucifer?  Antisocial people are no different.  He has been described for us in order that we might be able to recognize his ilk in the flesh.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Thank you Bonita….I can see what you mean.  I suppose I was thinking of all the UNhappy people who cannot discern the causes of this effect – the effect of unhappiness that may yet cause changes in choosing (or the cause of unhappiness), to acquire peace of mind.  So, happiness can be delusional?  A form of self satisfaction?  And therefor a blinding form of perspective that does not allow inner turmoil or conflict?  What a sad state of mind for any….but not TO those who so suffer.  So, this then is a form of self identification or self absorption that excludes all others when considering the choices faced daily.  A complete lack of caring or motive for sharing, let alone serving, which leads the mind into a very lonely place I would surmise.  Cosmic insanity?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

So, happiness can be delusional?  A form of self satisfaction?  And therefor a blinding form of perspective that does not allow inner turmoil or conflict?

The only source of conflict comes when someone refuses to give the antisocial ones what they want.  Then they manipulate the situation to make it look like they are victims of the other person’s unwillingness to either make them happy or allow them to be happy.  They whine and wail about being denied their freedom of self-expression until the other party feels so guilty they go against their own better judgment and become enablers.

It’s like a professional orchestra where the saxophone player keeps insisting on launching into a solo jazz riff right in the middle of the Mozart Requiem. It just doesn’t work.  But he feels he has a right of creative self-expression, and this is the music he feels at the moment.  Any self-respecting maestro would kick his butt out, but if there was enough screaming and hollering about rights, and maybe two or three others join in, then what is a maestro to do?  He could wait until there are no more paying customers and the rest of the orchestra quits in disgust until he says to himself, “My God, what have I done?”  Or he could just stick to his principles and get rid of the jerk  who really has no interest at all in the orchestra anyway.

So yeah.  These people do not have inner turmoil.  They create outer turmoil which they then blame on others.  That’s how it works. Maybe you have to live with someone like this in order to recognize it for what it is.  I’ve known more than my share of weed sowers in my life and they don’t fool me anymore.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Remember this one?  On  the surface this seems counter-intuitive when Jesus said, “Remember that I have many times told you: To him who has shall be given more, while from him who has not shall be taken away even that which he thinks he has.”

emanny3003
    Blocked

Do you know what antisocial personalities are?  They are not unhappy people.  They are never uncertain about themselves.  They are not plagued by anything except the need to dominate their will over others.  They are essentially without souls – the walking dead.

Here is another very appropriate psychological term, PROJECTION.

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Bonita, you said an evil mind is only punished by conscience but I would counter that an evil mind is plagued by doubt, fear, uncertainty, anger, blame, and unhappiness – the fruit or result of such a mind which tastes bitter enough to such ones regardless of their awareness of this cause and effect or their feelings of any guilt or remorse.  The suffering may lead one to change….or not.  But if not, I would suggest that the suffering consequences do indeed get worse and worse.  Or until new intentions, motives, priorities, and choices come by way of the illumination of spirit in mind.  I don’t think most people really get their own responsibility for their situation and experience in that situation.  And thus, the Master taught us the importance of our yearning for and loyalty to the Spirit within…..a treasure.

It seems, Bonita, that you have great knowledge of BOTH GOOD AND EVIL.

You attempt vigorously to mix them both in what you have written of late.

You stir the cauldron of oil and water furiously but to no avail. Reality and unreality do not mix.

Are you eating of the forbidden fruit? If so, spit it out and purge your system, the soul cannot digest it.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Mara wrote: Remember this one?  On  the surface this seems counter-intuitive when Jesus said, “Remember that I have many times told you: To him who has shall be given more, while from him who has not shall be taken away even that which he thinks he has.”

I do remember that one.  It is part of many of the Master’s parables.  On the surface it seems unfair but it really isn’t.  It’s a universal law of inheritance.  Once you accept sonship, you inherit the whole shebang.  Denying or rejecting sonship results in loosing the whole shebang; you get no inheritance at all.  It’s about the parts and the whole.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Not including the two parables about the sower, I count six more analogies about the kingdom of heaven.  Jesus liked using analogies for reasons stated in the quotes below:

151:3.3 He emphasized the value of utilizing the analogy existing between the natural and the spiritual worlds as a means of teaching truth. He frequently alluded to the natural as “the unreal and fleeting shadow of spirit realities.

151:3.9 To reject the truth contained in parabolical analogy requires conscious intellectual action which is directly in contempt of one’s honest judgment and fair decision.

Incidentally, I think honest judgment, mentioned in the above quote, is part of sincerity. One’s genuine feelings may be sincere even though misguided. The rejection of truth can sometimes come from genuine doubt and confusion. But that is another topic altogether.  Putting that aside, Jesus used examples from the natural world to describe the kingdom of heaven as:

• a mustard seed (151:4.2)
    • leaven in bread (151:4.3)
    • a treasure hidden in a field (151:4.4)
    • a merchant seeking goodly pearls (151:4.5)
    • a sweep net (151:4.6)

There is one other “the kingdom of heaven is like” parable, the one about the laborers in the vineyard (163:3.5).  I was thinking of handling that separately, later on.  So where should we begin with these parables? Obviously Jesus had an in-depth multidimensional understanding of the kingdom of heaven since he was able to come up with so many analogies.  We’re told, when attempting to interpret a parable, to come up with one central truth. The first thing that comes to my mind is that the kingdom of heaven is is the realization of the value of having the presence of God within one’s soul.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

The Kingdom of Heaven involves membership!  We’d be wise to desire such membership.  It’s only fee is YES!  Too simple, yes, but decisions to opt in by faith and subsequent faithful decisions to maintain are what sustains membership.  Membership in a vast Father Enterprise seems like the ultimate choice to the Father for man and other ascending class beings!

Hearing the Master’s Parables inspires “yes” answers!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

It seems, Bonita, that you have great knowledge of BOTH GOOD AND EVIL. You attempt vigorously to mix them both in what you have written of late. You stir the cauldron of oil and water furiously but to no avail. Reality and unreality do not mix. Are you eating of the forbidden fruit? If so, spit it out and purge your system, the soul cannot digest it.

You continue to insult, demean, and personalize your pronouncements as though you think YOU have sufficient standing and wisdom and JUDGEMENT to continue this peculiar behavior of belittlement and imperious instructions…..even Gabriel has not escaped your instructions, criticisms, and admonishments…as though you have that right….or ability.  Your tone, attitude, and words are beyond the pale and but exemplify a belief in your own superiority.  Please stay on topic or leave it alone.   Thanks.

:-(

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Bradly is right.  This near constant behavior from emanny3003 is very undesirable.  I suggest all try to emulate the style and manner displayed so well in the life of Jesus of Nazareth as narrated in TUB Part IV.  He is right to ask emanny to stay on topic.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Thank you Bonita….I can see what you mean. I suppose I was thinking of all the UNhappy people who cannot discern the causes of this effect – the effect of unhappiness that may yet cause changes in choosing (or the cause of unhappiness), to acquire peace of mind. So, happiness can be delusional? A form of self satisfaction? And therefor a blinding form of perspective that does not allow inner turmoil or conflict? What a sad state of mind for any….but not TO those who so suffer. So, this then is a form of self identification or self absorption that excludes all others when considering the choices faced daily. A complete lack of caring or motive for sharing, let alone serving, which leads the mind into a very lonely place I would surmise. Cosmic insanity?

So I suppose this is referring to me. Both you and Bonita do this quite well. Who are you fooling. If one thinks of committing adultery one is no less guilty than one who has done the deed.

You continue to insult, demean, and personalize your pronouncements as though you think YOU have sufficient standing and wisdom and JUDGEMENT to continue this peculiar behavior of belittlement and imperious instructions…..even Gabriel has not escaped your instructions, criticisms, and admonishments…as though you have that right….or ability.  Your tone, attitude, and words are beyond the pale and but exemplify a belief in your own superiority.  Please stay on topic or leave it alone.   Thanks.

And you and Bonita do it in a sneaky and backhanded way. At least I am direct, at least I am no hypocrite.

But you give me too much credit, Bradly. You and Bonita are so much better at it.

This near constant behavior from emanny3003 is very undesirable.

I exhibit no behavior on a Blog. No one does. If you do not like what I have WRITTEN, then read no more. I am not in youR face, literally. Ignore me.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So I suppose this is referring to me.

Well Louis, please suppose again…and differently.  The subject has, or I should say “had”, nothing at all to do with you as any reading of my posts will reveal.  It is an important topic and Bonita disagreed with my premise – that those who who are not believers or seekers are or will be motivated by the sense of yearning quoted by text and that their unhappiness would motivate an inner search for peace of mind.  Bonita’s response was a new and different perspective from my posted position and I found her post meaningful and illuminating.

Here is another very appropriate psychological term, PROJECTION. Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others.

Perhaps you should consider this yourself.

What’s that quote again about those who flee when none pursue?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

It’s only fee is YES!  Too simple, . .

I agree Mark.  The entrance fee to the kingdom of heaven is sincerity, sincerely desiring to be like God and saying yes to the yearning within your very soul.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 317 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.