Reincarnation

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Reincarnation

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 563 total)
  • Author
    nelsong
    Participant

Maybe one day Bonita may talk about her study technique.

Number one – I pray over it and with it and on it. Number two- I use search engines. Number 3- I have every idea that ever entered my head concerning TUB, and all my thoughts and research about it, in a searchable program called NoteTaker. It’s a wonderful tool. Start with asking yourself a question. Then ask God the same question. Listen. You’ll get an idea. Think about the idea. Look stuff up. Write stuff down. Ask another related question based on your thoughts and research. Repeat, over and over again. Then eventually light goes on. When light goes on, write it all down and share it with someone. Do this every single day for at least an hour.

:good:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ragathea wrote: Our morontia mind evolves by direct contact with the cosmic mind, as this cosmic mind has been modified by and translated by our Divine Minister.

Morontia mind evolves by direct contact with the cosmic mind only after we die and go to the mansion worlds, after we leave our material minds behind and no longer have the ministry of the adjutants. While here on earth our morontia mind is the soul. The soul evolves through a partnership with the material mind and the Adjuster. The material mind we use while living in the flesh is an individualized circuit, an impersonal portion, of the cosmic mind gifted on loan from the Creative Spirit (9:5.4).

Bonita: You site your narrative above to what may be found in (9:5.4), however, in looking at this reference, and those which precede and follow, I’m trying to make the association that you are stating?  Can you elaborate on how your statement applies specifically to the following text?

5. The Ministry of Mind

(102.7) 9:5.1 The Third Source and Center is infinite in mind. If the universe should grow to infinity, still his mind potential would be adequate to endow limitless numbers of creatures with suitable minds and other prerequisites of intellect.

(102.8) 9:5.2 In the domain of created mind the Third Person, with his co-ordinate and subordinate associates, rules supreme. The realms of creature mind are of exclusive origin in the Third Source and Center; he is the bestower of mind. Even the Father fragments find it impossible to indwell the minds of men until the way has been properly prepared for them by the mind action and spiritual function of the Infinite Spirit.

(103.1) 9:5.3 The unique feature of mind is that it can be bestowed upon such a wide range of life. Through his creative and creature associates the Third Source and Center ministers to all minds on all spheres. He ministers to human and subhuman intellect through the adjutants of the local universes and, through the agency of the physical controllers, ministers even to the lowest nonexperiencing entities of the most primitive types of living things. And always is the direction of mind a ministry of mind-spirit or mindenergy personalities.

(103.2) 9:5.4 Since the Third Person of Deity is the source of mind, it is quite natural that the evolutionary will creatures find it easier to form comprehensible concepts of the Infinite Spirit than they do of either the Eternal Son or the Universal Father. The reality of the Conjoint Creator is disclosed imperfectly in the very existence of human mind. The Conjoint Creator is the ancestor of the cosmic mind, and the mind of man is an individualized circuit, an impersonal portion, of that cosmic mind as it is bestowed in a local universe by a Creative Daughter of the Third Source and Center.

(103.3) 9:5.5 Because the Third Person is the source of mind, do not presume to reckon that all phenomena of mind are divine. Human intellect is rooted in the material origin of the animal races. Universe intelligence is no more a true revelation of God who is mind than is physical nature a true revelation of the beauty and harmony of Paradise. Perfection is in nature, but nature is not perfect. The Conjoint Creator is the source of mind, but mind is not the Conjoint Creator.

(103.4) 9:5.6 Mind, on Urantia, is a compromise between the essence of thought perfection and the evolving mentality of your immature human nature. The plan for your intellectual evolution is, indeed, one of sublime perfection, but you are far short of that divine goal as you function in the tabernacles of the flesh. Mind is truly of divine origin, and it does have a divine destiny, but your mortal minds are not yet of divine dignity.

(103.5) 9:5.7 Too often, all too often, you mar your minds by insincerity and sear them with unrighteousness; you subject them to animal fear and distort them by useless anxiety. Therefore, though the source of mind is divine, mind as you know it on your world of ascension can hardly become the object of great admiration, much less of adoration or worship. The contemplation of the immature and inactive human intellect should lead only to reactions of humility.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

(103.2) 9:5.4 Since the Third Person of Deity is the source of mind, it is quite natural that the evolutionary will creatures find it easier to form comprehensible concepts of the Infinite Spirit than they do of either the Eternal Son or the Universal Father. The reality of the Conjoint Creator is disclosed imperfectly in the very existence of human mind. The Conjoint Creator is the ancestor of the cosmic mind, and the mind of man is an individualized circuit, an impersonal portion, of that cosmic mind as it is bestowed in a local universe by a Creative Daughter of the Third Source and Center.

Does the highlighted text in the quote above look anything similar to what I wrote?  Which is:

The material mind we use while living in the flesh is an individualized circuit, an impersonal portion, of the cosmic mind gifted on loan from the Creative Spirit (9:5.4).

Looks almost verbatim to me.  Which is why I included the reference.  Nothing confusing there.

Maybe you are struggling with this quote:

112:6.5-6 Creature volition cannot exist without mind, but it does persist in spite of the loss of the material intellect. During the times immediately following survival, the ascending personality is in great measure guided by the character patterns inherited from the human life and by the newly appearing action of morontia mota. And these guides to mansonia conduct function acceptably in the early stages of the morontia life and prior to the emergence of  morontia will as a full-fledged volitional expression of the ascending personality. There are no influences in the local universe career comparable to the seven adjutant mind-spirits of human existence. The morontia mind must evolve by direct contact with cosmic mind, as this cosmic mind has been modified and translated by the creative source of local universe intellect – the Divine Minister.

The quote is about the morontia mind on the mansion worlds after death. It is that mind which evolves by direct contact with the cosmic mind because there are no adjutants to urge mind evolution like here on earth.   Which is what I said:

Morontia mind evolves by direct contact with the cosmic mind only after we die and go to the mansion worlds, after we leave our material minds behind and no longer have the ministry of the adjutants.

Not quite verbatim, so no reference given.  Nothing confusing there either.

And, if that’s not what is confusing you, maybe it’s this quote:

0:5.10 4. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to “do the will of the Father in heaven,” so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual — it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.

This quote explains that the material mind and the Adjuster are the mother and father of the soul; i.e. a partnership.  The soul is morontial and the soul is minded, otherwise there would be no such thing as soul-consciousness.  Which there is because TUB tells us the soul becomes increasingly conscious of both its parents, as explained in this quote:

111:3.4 The soul becomes increasingly conscious of both the mind and the Adjuster as associated identities, proportional to its own evolutionary growth.

Here’s what I wrote:

While here on earth our morontia mind is the soul. The soul evolves through a partnership with the material mind and the Adjuster.

Absolutely noting confusing there either and everything I wrote is consistent with the quotes I just provided you.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I am confused. […]

I’m getting the distinct impression that Ragathea was being disingenuous with this statement and that she doesn’t feel confused at all (although, in truth, confusion is exactly what is happening); rather, posted this thread with the specific intent of convincing others that her memories of past lives are explained in TUB. Bonita has done an absolutely masterful job in patiently explaining why such is not the case. At this point, though, it seems as if seeds sown in rocky ground should be left to lie where they are and move on to more fertile soil ….

First….thanks to Bonita for your tireless service and patient exploration of the topic….point by point, issue by issue.

Keryn…I agree with you and suggest a couple of directions for consideration.  First, reincarnation is but one of many misconceptions so many people bring to their study of the Papers…astrology, pet heaven, pre-existence, astral travel, and so many more.  And the legends of the ancients and all the gods and spirits of our ancestors.  So discussing the potential and, perhaps, more factual originations of these issues as provided for in the UB is one potential direction from this discussion of reincarnation – but one of so many such.  I like the idea of offering more to new students than “….it just ain’t so….”….and I certainly feel the student body here has done that with this specific topic.  People who find the UB do find confirmations and affirmations…along with dashed or challenged preconceptions.  I think it important to be able to present the Papers in ways that feed the one and more clearly illuminate the other to allow time to let go and lay down of preconception and not become too tightly gripped by our prejudices.

Another related topic to consider is not the possible origins of myth and fable, but might be the inherent power of our brain and our mind to self-create and perpetuate personal myth and belief structures that are objectively false but subjectively ‘important’ or ‘convincing’.  The mind is certainly capable of illusion and delusion in its operational structure and potential….the mind at mischief.

On this topic I would propose that personal memory, over time, becomes more of a personal construct than a reliable ‘record’ of our past.  We often dismiss, distort, soften, purge, and manipulate our memories as there is ample scientific evidence to prove.  Mortal memory is not reliable…even for smart, educated, sincere, and productive mortals.  Memory is also easily manipulated by others who have an objective, agenda, and preset perspective to justify and verify a personal or professional belief.  For example:

From Wiki: False memory syndrome is a condition in which a person’s identity and interpersonal relationships center on a memory of a traumatic experience that is objectively false but that the person strongly believes. Note that the syndrome is not characterized by false memories as such. We all have inaccurate memories. Rather, the syndrome is diagnosed when the memory is so deeply ingrained that it orients the individual’s entire personality and lifestyle—disrupting other adaptive behavior. False memory syndrome is destructive because the person assiduously avoids confronting evidence that challenges the memory. Thus it takes on a life of its own; the memory becomes encapsulated and resistant to correction. Subjects may focus so strongly on the memory that it effectively distracts them from coping with real problems in their life.[11]

Human memory is created and highly suggestible, and can create a wide variety of innocuous, embarrassing, and frightening memories through different techniques—including guided imagery, hypnosis, and suggestion by others. Though not all individuals exposed to these techniques develop memories, experiments suggest a significant number of people do, and will actively defend the existence of the events, even if told they were false and deliberately implanted. Questions about the possibility of false memories created an explosion of interest in suggestibility of human memory and resulted in an enormous increase in the knowledge about how memories are encoded, stored and recalled, producing pioneering experiments such as the lost in the mall technique.[18] In Roediger and McDermott’s (1995) experiment, subjects were presented with a list of related items (such as candy, sugar, honey) to study. When asked to recall the list, participants were just as, if not more, likely to recall semantically related words (such as sweet) than items that were actually studied, thus creating false memories.[19] This experiment, though widely replicated, remains controversial due to debate considering that people may store semantically related items from a word list conceptually rather than as language, which could account for errors in recollection of words without the creation of false memories. Susan Clancy discovered that people claiming to have been victims of alien abductions are more likely to recall semantically related words than a control group in such an experiment.[20]

The lost in the mall technique is a research method designed to implant a false memory of being lost in a shopping mall as a child to test whether discussing a false event could produce a “memory” of an event that did not happen. In her initial study, Elizabeth Loftus found that 25% of subjects came to develop a “memory” for the event which had never actually taken place.[21] Extensions and variations of the lost in the mall technique found that an average of one third of experimental subjects could become convinced that they experienced things in childhood that had never really occurred—even highly traumatic, and impossible events.[22]

Experimental researchers have demonstrated that memory cells in the hippocampus of mice can be modified to artificially create false memories.[23][24]

Me here:  It has also been noted by science how once a mythology begins, those who ascribe to it come to have very similar recall.  From alien abductions to prior life stories to near death experience, etc.  There is a conformity to recall that indicates either that the event is real and therefore should be described similarly…..or repeated tales and stories create a mythology perpetuated by a willing mind.  Over time, there comes to be a ‘body’ of discourse and description that tends to ‘become’ the memory/recollection of others.

I know that every crime with witnesses brings the reality that the more witnesses you have, the more stories you get….about every element of the event.  Vacations are the same by the way….no two of us remembers the same event/conversation/experience the same way, even when standing shoulder to shoulder.  Subjectivity is a very interesting topic of its own.  Thanks everyone!

:good:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, if you don’t like the adverb and would prefer and adjective, how about this quote:

114:7.8 The twelve groups of Urantia destiny reservists are composed of mortal inhabitants of the sphere who have been rehearsed for numerous crucial positions on earth and are held in readiness to act in possible planetary emergencies. This combined corps now consists of 962 persons. The smallest corps numbers 41 and the largest 172. With the exception of less than a score of contact personalities, the members of this unique group are wholly unconscious of their preparation for possible function in certain planetary crises. These mortal reservists are chosen by the corps to which they are respectively attached and are likewise trained and rehearsed in the deep mind by the combined technique of Thought Adjuster and seraphic guardian ministry. Many times numerous other celestial personalities participate in this unconscious training, and in all this special preparation the midwayers perform valuable and indispensable services.

So, there are less than a thousand people on the planet undergoing unconscious training, people who are wholly unconscious of the fact that they are reservists being trained in their deep mind. But you’re saying that despite being unconscious of everything they are allowed to be conscious of planetary information concerning their unconscious training. That’s just a wee bit contrived, donchya think? They’re not allowed to know anything about their status, their training, their involvement in world affairs, yet they are allowed to be conscious of essential planetary information regarding all these things! Sorry, but that’s just crazy talk.

In this case it would be apples and oranges, where one involves data/information and the other training or experience.  And, what you say regarding that “people who are wholly unconscious of the fact that they are reservists being trained”, may very well be true, however “training” is associated to life experience or religion experience, and based on the UB quote, would indicate that these people may have been placed into situations, that would make them experience and also have to make decisions or make choices which through cause and effect, trains them in ways that they would otherwise not be conscious to being training.  Information retention can be associated to memory, where this data can also be associated to experiences where this information may not logically apply to experience but is still there in memory.  So, one can be conscious of data or information retained, even if it does not necessarily apply to one’s own personal experience.  Although, one must also be able to remember the data, and if one does not remember the specifics of data, it does not mean that it is not retained in the memory engrams of the brain.  Over time the physical brain can be compromised by diseases making once accessible data no longer available to conscious recall, but that does not mean that the data is not there.  In diseases like Alzheimer, the conscious mind cannot access the information or data in order to allow the conscious mind to function as it once did.  It might imply that this information or primal information, first placed into memory, becomes the last memories accessible, or first in last out?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely noting confusing there either and everything I wrote is consistent with the quotes I just provided you.

Yes, thank you.  What you have confirmed to me is that, you take UB phrases, tack them together, in order to make sense, but that they are not really your own thoughts or interpretation, only context pasted together, to imply your understanding.

Gene
    Participant

Brad wrote

“People who find the UB do find confirmations and affirmations”

i think everyone that comes here needs to think about this one: are you looking for the revelation to reveal something to you or have it affirm or confirm your existing beliefs?

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Yes, I’ve been thinking and wondering about the same, Gene. It seems there are “truth seekers” and there are “evidence seekers”. Perhaps we are both during our lifetimes. By my definition truth seekers want to know what is true and thereby would achieve greater understandings. Evidence seekers may want to undergird present conclusions, or evidence seekers long for more that is true!  I am sure of at least one belief: we humans are not omniscient. We are trapped in the ‘opinion section’ of the bleachers of life.

Perhaps the one most important question for all of life is, What is true? (Or, What is real?) Applying that to all major life decisions seems right for increasing potential satisfaction.

Ragathea
    Participant

I’m getting the distinct impression that Ragathea was being disingenuous with this statement and that she doesn’t feel confused at all (although, in truth, confusion is exactly what is happening); rather, posted this thread with the specific intent of convincing others that her memories of past lives are explained in TUB.—- Bradly

You do not know me, you do not know anything about me, yet you somehow presume to know what my motivations are. Perhaps my virtual silence throughout this thread has spoken wrongly to you. First, before I continue, I would like to clue you in as to a little bit about me. I am 43 years old. I am a Registered Nurse, graduating with highest honors in the BSN program. I taught pre-health sciences at a local university. I published my first novel in 2013, and when I get time, I will complete the second. I have one daughter, who is 12. Now for the not so mundane…. Addison’s is only one of a slew of autoimmune diseases I have been blessed with, making it difficult to function much of the time due to extremely low blood pressure and a severe case of depression (probably related to the combo of Addison’s, Hashimoto’s, vitiligo, psoriasis, pernicious anemia, and whatever other gland or organ my immune system has decided to destroy since my last dr. visit). In addition to failing health, some recent blessings have been the following….. I lost my beautiful sister in a car accident the same day my mother was diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer, my husband suffers from the severest case of ulcerative colitis any of his doctors have ever seen (Dr’s from several university hospitals included) and I care for him, my daughter is showing strong signs she is following in my footsteps respecting depression and skin autoimmunities. I do not even have to go into the day to day, everybody-has-it problems of what it takes to earn the privilege of merely breathing on this earth. (All this preface later relevant).

Addison’s, for those who don’t know, results when the immune system has destroyed the adrenals….. what comes from adrenals? Adrenaline. Meaning stress hormones. The tiny chemical messengers that help the body handle physical and mental stress. So now I will address your last response with this in mind….. I do not deal well with stress, and I tend to be knocked off balance easily. (Also, I forgot to tell you, I feel I am a genuine person, always have been, it’s how I was raised, and it really bothers me…. with or without adrenaline….. when someone who knows nothing about me presumes my intentions). Needless to say (so why say it, right?), I take extreme offense at your comment. I am not and have never been one to shadily or sneakily manipulate others with ulterior intentions. I love the fact that you even took the time to utilize the italic button to show just exactly how serious you are in getting across to others that I had the “specific intent” to convince others that my PAST LIFE memories were explained in the UB.

Firstly, you clearly did not read my posts thoroughly. If you had, you would see that I said I DO NOT HAVE PAST LIFE MEMORIES, BUT MEMORIES FROM PRE-BIRTH IN THIS LIFE. Said another way… MEMORIES OF HAPPENINGS BEFORE I WAS BORN HERE….happenings NOT ON EARTH, so how could they be past life memories? Memories that would lead me to believe I was preparing to come here, TRAVELING to come to the “place where we could be born.” And I use quotes because this is the way I would describe it after I could talk and tell family members. The times I would ponder these memories could only have been at age 3 or less (this I know because other details related to these ponderings happened in a house we moved out of when I was 3 years old).

Secondly, my memories were an afterthought, Bradly. I don’t know what mistrustful operations you must have going on inside yourself, but I can tell you my motivation was focused solely on the desire to understand the Urantia Book’s content on reincarnation….NOT my own–and NOT to “convince” others of anything whatsoever regarding my experiences– but in general. I said I would appreciate discussion on the subject, and I have very much up until this point. If it is not permissible to bring some self to a conversation here, please, I wish I had been informed. Just my nurse’s training kicking in here… you know, when you make personal connections with a patient or nurse trainee (i.e. “student”) in order to establish, maintain, or strengthen a trust relationship because both of you are committed to the teaching/learning of a specific task or theory.

You do know that in the essay I posted by Dean White, that was not my own ponderings throughout, right? I am just trying to figure out why you came to the conclusion about me that you did. And why on earth you would choose to actually include it in a post. What positive outcome could that possibly have? Doesn’t matter and I won’t be around to find out. One thing I have learned is to weed out stresses.

It is good to see such a tight bond with people of a study as I see here. But in the future, as one teacher to another, please don’t offend your students unless you know what you are talking about. It used to take a good deal to get to me; in fact, even though I have always been a raw nerve, 5 years ago I would have laughed at this dig. But with all I have on top of me at this point in time (and yes, I know EVERYONE has stress and sick relatives, family deaths, illnesses, and other “crosses to bear,” believe me, I pray for them daily), I feel like I am perched at the end of the plank in a stormy sea with a razor sharp axe hanging right above my head on a weakened thread. Ready to fall, the both of us. As a result, I have noticed, things go right through me to the core and twist. (Well okay, not “things,” but baseless accusations.)

The other question I posed, by the way, about armageddon/antichrist, etc. That was for a friend. No interest of mine. I told him what a success this site has been with people so willing to offer knowledge and opinions, NONJUDGMENTALLY, and he asked me if I would pose that question to see the discussion on it. I will now unsubscribe, unenlist, and return to another urantia group I have found, and I will not ask any questions until I have taken the time to read all about it. See, I can learn!!! Apparently just didn’t follow the rules here. Okay, now I’m getting ridiculous. Wishing all of you a future full of happiness and love. :-)   Good day!

Darn it, right when I was feeling thankful for you guys…… :-(

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Information retention can be associated to memory, where this data can also be associated to experiences where this information may not logically apply to experience but is still there in memory.

And where is this memory located, ?  It is memory that belongs exclusively to the Adjuster. The vital information is transferred from one Adjuster to another Adjuster prior to death of the reservist.   And this memory has been spiritized.  What makes you think that a lowly mortal mind has ready access to Adjuster level spiritized memory, especially when all training is done in the deep mind?  What is the deep mind?  Well, they aren’t talking about the subterranean levels of mind we call the subconscious, are they?  No.  They’re talking about the superconscious levels of mind, up there where the air is thin.  Soooo . . . . how many people do you know that have ready access to their superconscious?  In other words, you’re saying that all those people with memories of past life experiences are first circlers.  You do remember that we’re talking about reincarnation here, right?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I am a Registered Nurse, graduating with highest honors in the BSN program. I taught pre-health sciences at a local university.

Cool!  I have an RN too. Charge nurse, evening shift ICU for years.  But then I left nursing to go to medical school.  I loved nursing and missed it.  But it did give me a better insight into patients’ needs once I got my MD.  Anyway, lucky you!  Hope you like your work.  I’d go back in a heartbeat!  It was fun!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another related topic to consider is not the possible origins of myth and fable, but might be the inherent power of our brain and our mind to self-create and perpetuate personal myth and belief structures that are objectively false but subjectively ‘important’ or ‘convincing’. The mind is certainly capable of illusion and delusion in its operational structure and potential….the mind at mischief.

On this topic I would propose that personal memory, over time, becomes more of a personal construct than a reliable ‘record’ of our past. We often dismiss, distort, soften, purge, and manipulate our memories as there is ample scientific evidence to prove. Mortal memory is not reliable…even for smart, educated, sincere, and productive mortals. Memory is also easily manipulated by others who have an objective, agenda, and preset perspective to justify and verify a personal or professional belief. For example:

From Wiki: False memory syndrome

First, Bradly, it would have been nice to have a link to the Wiki article you mentioned and posted in your post, where the following two articles are co-linked to each other: “False memory syndrome” and “False memory“.

In the review of these articles, I’m not sure how they relate to what I have highlighted in your statements above, where it more likely is associated to the text from “The Mind at Mischief”, or even related to L. Ron Hubbard’s concept of the “thetan“. 

Could you explain more as to why you used that Wiki association in relation to your statements?

Anonymous
    Inactive

And where is this memory located, [. . .]? It is memory that belongs exclusively to the Adjuster. The vital information is transferred from one Adjuster to another Adjuster prior to death of the reservist. And this memory has been spiritized. What makes you think that a lowly mortal mind has ready access to Adjuster level spiritized memory, especially when all training is done in the deep mind? What is the deep mind? Well, they aren’t talking about the subterranean levels of mind we call the subconscious, are they? No. They’re talking about the superconscious levels of mind, up there where the air is thin. Soooo . . . . how many people do you know that have ready access to their superconscious? In other words, you’re saying that all those people with memories of past life experiences are first circlers. You do remember that we’re talking about reincarnation here, right?

Very artfully worded Bonita, in that you twist what I may have said in order to cast shadows on what I really have presented.  An art of creating deception and confusion, which it seems you are good at, but for what reason, maybe only your alter-ego, as you profess in so much, really knows?  Nevertheless, I do remember what the topic is about, I merely am following your lead, which has turned the topic into your own venue.  You have had experience in the medical profession and assuming that the information presented in the Urantia Book has altered your previous knowledge, or learning, it is no wonder why you had to leave that medical profession, where I recall you telling us all on the other forums why; should I present that information or data, or have you forgotten?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Firstly, you clearly did not read my posts thoroughly. If you had, you would see that I said I DO NOT HAVE PAST LIFE MEMORIES, BUT MEMORIES FROM PRE-BIRTH IN THIS LIFE. Said another way… MEMORIES OF HAPPENINGS BEFORE I WAS BORN HERE….happenings NOT ON EARTH, so how could they be past life memories? Memories that would lead me to believe I was preparing to come here, TRAVELING to come to the “place where we could be born.” And I use quotes because this is the way I would describe it after I could talk and tell family members. The times I would ponder these memories could only have been at age 3 or less (this I know because other details related to these ponderings happened in a house we moved out of when I was 3 years old).

Yes, and what we are trying to tell you is that TUB does not support your memories, regardless of how real they are to you.  We are not telling you to abandon your memories, or telling you what to believe. We’re telling you that your beliefs are not consistent with TUB cosmology.  It’s your choice to take it or leave it.  And if you want to know why, we’re here to explain.

Honestly, we all thought you were here to learn about TUB, but you don’t appear to be very interested in that.  Of course, that is only appearances and time may prove us wrong on that.  As of now, there is nothing to indicate that you have internalized anything said concerning your insistence on having been alive prior to physical birth.  Unless you’re a celestial being of an order we have not been informed of . . .  THIS CANNOT HAPPEN.  I mean think about it! Not even Jesus had memories at age 3 from before he was born.  Are you more than Jesus? Nah! I’m sure you see that.

All this doesn’t mean we don’t like you, or that we don’t want you here. What it does mean, and I’ll speak for myself,  is that I do not believe a single thing you say about your before-birth memories. But I am more than interested in answering any questions you have about TUB.  Would love to do that actually.  But so far, all you’ve posted is support for your claim of pre-birth memories.  And that’s why folks are a little concerned that you’re not totally upfront about this.

And you’re right.  We all have serious issues in our lives, but the wonderful thing about this revelation is that it has taught us all that life’s tribulations are not here just to torment us, but to help us.  Some of us actually look forward to the vicissitudes of life as an opportunity for circle making decisions.  They don’t depress us but invigorate us.  Maybe this quote will strengthen you:

p291:3 26:5.3 That, then, is the primary or elementary course which confronts the faith-tested and much-traveled pilgrims of space. But long before reaching Havona, these ascendant children of time have learned to feast upon uncertainty, to fatten upon disappointment, to enthuse over apparent defeat, to invigorate in the presence of difficulties, to exhibit indomitable courage in the face of immensity, and to exercise unconquerable faith when confronted with the challenge of the inexplicable. Long since, the battle cry of these pilgrims became: “In liaison with God, nothing—absolutely nothing—is impossible.”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

. . . it is no wonder why you had to leave that medical profession, where I recall you telling us all on the other forums why; should I present that information or data, or have you forgotten?

Major head trauma !  Severe brain hemorrhage, brain surgery and life-long disabilities as a result.  Everybody knows that. It’s no secret.  So get over yourself will you? Your intentions are suspect.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 563 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.