Reincarnation

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Reincarnation

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 563 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Considering these statements, I think our Adjusters have all definitely had previous experience and they can contribute to our minds. Would this be considered reincarnation by our revelators?Without new revelation we would likely call this reincarnation. However, we are told over and over that our Adjuster is not a part of physical matter, (1203:2) they indwell our minds. If our Adjuster goes back to a world to indwell another mind and form a relationship with another personality, this would be reendwelling of a mind, not reincarnating into another physical body. If our Adjusters do not incarnate then they certainly do not reincarnate.

That’s right.  Reincarnation comes from the word incarnate.  Incarnate means to become flesh and blood.  The Adjusters NEVER become a physical body or a physical part of a physical body.  And for that matter, neither does mind, despite the fact that there are levels of mind that make contact with physical matter.  And, even if an Adjuster could impart his own experience with another personality to someone, it would be an alien experience.  Most people who claim to remember past lives, remember lives lived on this planet.  So, this whole argument falls apart right from the git-go.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

What part does personality play in providing consciousness of past experience. It must be personality that identifies us in any incarnate experience. We know that Michael evolved a soul while on Urantia,(2015:40) an Adjuster was loaned to his mind, but he personally incarnated as a human. Can we in any way have actual memory of another personality?

Personality is not mind. Mind is entirely separate from personality. Personality on its own cannot think, cannot remember, cannot carry memories. BECAUSE IT HAS NO MIND OF ITS OWN.  Personality is pattern applied to an energy system created by mind.  Personality unifies all the various parts of the system utilizing mind as the intermediary.  Personality is unique, which means that it is gifted only once. This is why it is so incredibly valuable.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

If we do not choose to survive with our Adjuster and our personality loses identity but not experiential value, yet these personality values persist as a factor in the personality of the Supreme Being, can we in any way experience any of these memories via the Supreme Being? We too are an actualizing part of the Supreme, so are these persisting qualities of personality a part of our mind also?

This makes no sense whatsoever.  The question is concerning someone who does not survive.  A person who does not survive is as though they never were.  How can a person who never was have memories?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Our morontia mind evolves by direct contact with the cosmic mind, as this cosmic mind has been modified by and translated by our Divine Minister.

Morontia mind evolves by direct contact with the cosmic mind only after we die and go to the mansion worlds, after we leave our material minds behind and no longer have the ministry of the adjutants. While here on earth our morontia mind is the soul.  The soul evolves through a partnership with the material mind and the Adjuster. The material mind we use while living in the flesh is an individualized circuit, an impersonal portion, of the cosmic mind gifted on loan from the Creative Spirit (9:5.4).

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Can we in some way tap into this mind material, or perhaps tune into the mind of others.

Yes. We are told that we can know the mind of others.

102:4.1  Because of the presence in your minds of the Thought Adjuster, it is no more of a mystery for you to know the mind of God than for you to be sure of the consciousness of knowing any other mind, human or superhuman. Religion and social consciousness have this in common: They are predicated on the consciousness of other-mindness. The technique whereby you can accept another’s idea as yours is the same whereby you may “let the mind which was in Christ be also in you.”

So, does this mean that people who claim past life memories are actually tapping into someone else’s memories and claiming them as their own?  I don’t think the quote above means that.  It simply means that we can easily understand another person’s thoughts, but the other person must share them with us.  They’re not just plucked out of someone else’s mind. You actually have to know the person and communicate with them . . . just like you have to get to know the Adjuster and learn to communicate with him to say you know the mind of God.  Memories of other lives are not just floating around in space waiting to be picked up by a receiving station in the mind.  That’s what channelers claim they can do and we are told that is a load of malarky.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Are we actually living an infinite number of lives in an infinite number of parallel universes as Fred A. Wolff describes in Parallel Universes?

Now what good would that do?  It seems to me like a cheater’s guide to the galaxy.  We’re told that we begin as lowly creatures on our planet of nativity.  If we’re simultaneously living different lives on different planets in different universes, that sort of wrecks the entire ascension plan, doesn’t it?  If you read about the mansion world experience, several times it mentions what you leave behind on the WORLD of your nativity.  TUB never says YOUR WORLDS of nativity. You only get one, which is why it’s so precious.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Is this an interaction between psychic genes and biological genes, or is psychic experience dependent on our biologically inherited genes? Is it even remotely possible that feelings and memories of past ancestral experiences can be sensed through our genetic codes?

There are not two sets of genes, biological and psychic.  There is only one set of genes and they are biologic.  Chromosomes determine the structure of the brain.  The structure of the brain indicates intellectual capacity and receptivity to adjutant mind ministry, which is the foundation of the individual psyche.  DNA does not have a mind of its own.  DNA is manipulated by mind, not the other way around.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

When a settled world progresses beyond the third stage of light and life, all ascenders are destined before attaining the minor sector, to receive some sort of transient assignment on a planet passing through the earlier stages of evolution. (625:6) If this personality is to receive actual experience, would it be a valid one if they did not incarnate and they were not unconscious of being from a higher realm? To receive actual ce, Jesus did incarnated as a baby and he did temporarily give up consciousness of who he was.

So wait!  You’re saying that all the people who have past life experiences are really incarnated from other planets in the early stages of light and life?  Then why are their memories about former lives on this planet?  And why aren’t these people with memories of past lives more spiritually advanced?  Is it because they forgot?  Then how is it that they remember their other life and forget it too?

Incidentally, Jesus went through six other bestowals in order to obtain valuable experience.  None of them required incarnation. Experience is not synonymous with incarnation.  Experience is synonymous with life.  Life comes in many different forms.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

After exploring some of these questions I am now more inclined to answer any questions about reincarnation with a more positive statement about many lifetimes in an ascension plan similar to reincarnation, or with an affirmation that Urantia does allow for experiences of previous lives. It certainly challenges us to search for enhanced perspective on all our conflicts.

This is super-dangerous!!!!!  TUB does NOT allow for experience of previous lives as defined by the use of the word reincarnation.  Yes, we live multiple lives during our ascension career, but we do not reincarnate.

This question needs to be addressed: Why is the belief in reincarnation philosophically debilitating and an absurd doctrine of twentieth-century barbarianism?  I’ll start working on an essay (to be posted in two-three sentence chunks).  I think if people understand why reincarnation is barbaric, they might have second thoughts about believing in it.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    MidiChlorian wrote:Just a point of grammar, here Bonita, not to take away from your rebuttal, but in this case the quote says “unconsciously” (adverb), not “unconscious” (adjective), where as an adverb, of the word that function as modifier of the verb “act”, where in the case of “act”, which also can be replaced as function, where “act” is the verb associated to “conservators” (noun). So, then “reservists” “act as conservators of essential planetary information.” The addition of the adverb “unconsciously”, indicates that the reservist do not know that they are conservators, but it does not indicate that the “essential” information retained, is unconscious data, or unknown to them. However, when this is correctly applied to the quote, its use and previous analysis thereof, would not be incorrect. Although, “The transfer of information”, would be unconscious, because one reservist has died.

Okay, if you don’t like the adverb and would prefer and adjective, how about this quote:

114:7.8 The twelve groups of Urantia destiny reservists are composed of mortal inhabitants of the sphere who have been rehearsed for numerous crucial positions on earth and are held in readiness to act in possible planetary emergencies. This combined corps now consists of 962 persons. The smallest corps numbers 41 and the largest 172. With the exception of less than a score of contact personalities, the members of this unique group are wholly unconscious of their preparation for possible function in certain planetary crises. These mortal reservists are chosen by the corps to which they are respectively attached and are likewise trained and rehearsed in the deep mind by the combined technique of Thought Adjuster and seraphic guardian ministry. Many times numerous other celestial personalities participate in this unconscious training, and in all this special preparation the midwayers perform valuable and indispensable services.

So, there are less than a thousand people on the planet undergoing unconscious training, people who are wholly unconscious of the fact that they are reservists being trained in their deep mind.  But you’re saying that despite being unconscious of everything they are allowed to be conscious of planetary information concerning their unconscious training.  That’s just a wee bit contrived, donchya think? They’re not allowed to know anything about their status, their training, their involvement in world affairs, yet they are allowed to be conscious of essential planetary information regarding all these things!  Sorry, but that’s just crazy talk.

Keryn
    Participant

I am confused. […]

I’m getting the distinct impression that Ragathea was being disingenuous with this statement and that she doesn’t feel confused at all (although, in truth, confusion is exactly what is happening); rather, posted this thread with the specific intent of convincing others that her memories of past lives are explained in TUB.  Bonita has done an absolutely masterful job in patiently explaining why such is not the case.

At this point, though, it seems as if seeds sown in rocky ground should be left to lie where they are and move on to more fertile soil ….

Gene
    Participant

Maybe one day Bonita may talk about her study technique. So much in depth info at your fingertips is something this long time reader is missing.

difficult to comment on this topic.

My opinion after reading all this is that the memories of past lives can be explained in much the same way as mediums and spiritualists that hear voices of the dead.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

At this point, though, it seems as if seeds sown in rocky ground should be left to lie where they are and move on to more fertile soil ….

I’m of a similar mind Keryn.  I did end up eating my words about sincerity, but sometimes there are subconscious elements involved.  I have to wonder if spirit influences aren’t struggling to reveal some truth despite clinging to “barbaric” beliefs.  And I don’t mean that condescendingly either.  Reincarnation is a regressive doctrine.

But more importantly, that essay got me steamed.  Essentially what it says is that because the revelators have either withheld information or are unable to find words to explain something, that it’s okay to speculate in order to make everybody happy.  But don’t we have two kinds of revelation, epochal from TUB and personal from the Adjuster?  And aren’t we told that we are not supposed to speculate as to the Adjuster’s guidance, to trust all matters of mind above the dead level of consciousness to God?  If we are not supposed to speculate about Adjuster revelation we don’t understand, then why would we allowed to speculate about TUB revelation we don’t understand?  MAKES NO SENSE.

110:4.4 Trust all matters of mind beyond the dead level of consciousness to the custody of the Adjusters. In due time, if not in this world then on the mansion worlds, they will give good account of their stewardship, and eventually will they bring forth those meanings and values intrusted to their care and keeping. They will resurrect every worthy treasure of the mortal mind if you survive.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Maybe one day Bonita may talk about her study technique.

Number one – I pray over it and with it and on it.  Number two-  I use search engines. Number 3-  I have every idea that ever entered my head concerning TUB, and all my thoughts and research about it, in a searchable program called NoteTaker.  It’s a wonderful tool.

Start with asking yourself a question.  Then ask God the same question.  Listen.  You’ll get an idea.  Think about the idea.  Look stuff up.  Write stuff down.  Ask another related question based on your thoughts and research.  Repeat, over and over again.  Then eventually  light goes on.  When light goes on, write it all down and share it with someone.  Do this every single day for at least an hour.

Mark Kurtz
    Participant

Bonita,

With your permission I would like to share your study technique comments with study groups.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 563 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.