Humanity is on the verge of a global nuclear war

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Humanity is on the verge of a global nuclear war

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    And it could have happened 10x’s already!! Hell! We might be in the Mansion world right now as we type! Would a Urantian know he was on the Mansion world? Does it require belief to accept the reality one is now residing in the Mansion world? Is the Mansion world driven by literal facts or belief!!???
    So many unknowns!

As pointed out on page one of this thread, there is a cosmic plan for evacuating Urantia, should it come to that. While TUB doesn’t specifically say, I am personally convinced that if such a migration occurs, we will be none the wiser. The Life Carriers and other celestial organizers will make it such that our minds will not recognize anything amiss from our current existence. Heck, it could have already happened while you were reading this thread! In the meantime, should any of us be so unfortunate as to suffer the physical devastation and illness associated with nuclear war, it is from our suffering in life that growth occurs. All we can do is hold fast to our faith and continue to seek out Truth, Beauty and Love.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Would a Urantian know he was on the Mansion world?

If a person is reacting to any adjutant mind spirit urges, he’s not on a mansion world.  The adjutants don’t function there.  Also, if he is using the toilet, he’s not living on a mansion world.  Animal bodies can’t exist on a morontia sphere.

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant
    True but there are people in the insane asylum who perceive altered realities and swear by them; perception is reality, as the saying goes. We perceive the things you mentioned but there is always a slight chance it’s not rooted in true reality. The superadjutants could be acting and, still, the mind is handicapped. Personally, I think the mansion world is a world based on belief, which explains why we all don’t end up on the same level. The stronger the belief the less rooted in the mansion’s reality and the more work that needs to be done on the mind.

If a person is reacting to any adjutant mind spirit urges, he’s not on a mansion world. The adjutants don’t function there. Also, if he is using the toilet, he’s not living on a mansion world. Animal bodies can’t exist on a morontia sphere.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The superadjutants could be acting

How are you defining the “superadjutants”?

Brooklyn_born wrote: . . . perception is reality, as the saying goes. We perceive the things you mentioned but there is always a slight chance it’s not rooted in true reality.
    What about the cosmic mind reality reflexes?
    Brooklyn_born wrote:Personally, I think the mansion world is a world based on belief,

Belief in what?

Brooklyn_born wrote:The stronger the belief the less rooted in the mansion’s reality and the more work that needs to be done on the mind.
    What does this mean?  The stronger the belief in what? What mind work?

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

How are you defining the “superadjutants”?

superadjutant is the morontia soul
    What about the cosmic mind reality reflexes?
    finite, cosmic mind, at the morontial stage is subject to imperfection.

Belief in what?

One possible belief someone can exhibit in the mansion world is the fact of “survival.” You may experience fact of survival but not “know” it to be factual. And because of this, one is free to accept or reject this fact; one could instead override this experience by thinking they are continuing their earthly life, or be confused and not understand what is happening to them. You will be told of your past life (your TA also will help bring to remembrance key events in life) but it will take a leap of faith and belief to accept it.
    Brooklyn_born wrote:The stronger the belief the less rooted in the mansion’s reality and the more work that needs to be done on the mind.
    What does this mean? The stronger the belief in what? What mind work?
    Belief is not rooted in fact. Beliefs do not require facts. One could be in the Mansion world yet continue to believe in ideas contrary to the leading of the  TA.  Beliefs usually imply doctrines and religion.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

superadjutant is the morontia soul

But you referred to the plural.  You wrote:  “The superadjutants could be acting . . . ”  Are you saying that the souls could be acting?   If so, acting as what? in what capacity? is it a group of souls?  Not sure what you mean.

finite, cosmic mind, at the morontial stage is subject to imperfection.

But the cosmic reflexes themselves are not imperfect.  They work quite perfectly even in the material, earthly mind.  They “unfailingly respond.”  Why wouldn’t they function just as perfectly in the morontia mind?

16:6.5 The cosmic mind unfailingly responds (recognizes response) on three levels of universe reality.

Recall that it’s not the reflexes which are imperfect, but the willful failure of the personality to unify and coordinate them.

16:6.10 These three basic factors in reflective thinking may be unified and co-ordinated in personality development, or they may become disproportionate and virtually unrelated in their respective functions.

One possible belief someone can exhibit in the mansion world is the fact of “survival.” You may experience fact of survival but not “know” it to be factual. And because of this, one is free to accept or reject this fact; one could instead override this experience by thinking they are continuing their earthly life, or be confused and not understand what is happening to them.

Hmmm.  Sorry, this doesn’t make any sense to me.  It seems to me that if someone consciously accepts or rejects a fact (a reality), then they must be aware of it in order to make the choice in the first place.  Conscious refusal of reality is sin, isn’t it?

Belief is not rooted in fact. Beliefs do not require facts. One could be in the Mansion world yet continue to believe in ideas contrary to the leading of the  TA.  Beliefs usually imply doctrines and religion.

I can accept that, but don’t you mean the stronger the DISBELIEF, the more mind work there is to be done by the Adjuster?

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

But you referred to the plural. You wrote: “The superadjutants could be acting . . . ” Are you saying that the souls could be acting? If so, acting as what? in what capacity? is it a group of souls? Not sure what you mean.

That was a mispelling on my part. What I am saying is you are not a perfect being on the mansion world. There is still room for mistakes.
    But the cosmic reflexes themselves are not imperfect. They work quite perfectly even in the material, earthly mind. They “unfailingly respond.” Why wouldn’t they function just as perfectly in the morontia mind?
    The morontial mind is imperfect on the mansion world.

16:6.5 The cosmic mind unfailingly responds (recognizes response) on three levels of universe reality.

Recall that it’s not the reflexes which are imperfect, but the willful failure of the personality to unify and coordinate them.

Where is the seat of will?

One possible belief someone can exhibit in the mansion world is the fact of “survival.” You may experience fact of survival but not “know” it to be factual. And because of this, one is free to accept or reject this fact; one could instead override this experience by thinking they are continuing their earthly life, or be confused and not understand what is happening to them.

Hmmm. Sorry, this doesn’t make any sense to me. It seems to me that if someone consciously accepts or rejects a fact (a reality), then they must be aware of it in order to make the choice in the first place. Conscious refusal of reality is sin, isn’t it?

Not necessarily if it is done in ignorance. But sin does occur on the mansion world. In any event, the following revelation explains rejection of facts.

3:5.15 Throughout the universe, every unit is regarded as a part of the whole. Survival of the part is dependent on co-operation with the plan and purpose of the whole, the wholehearted desire and perfect willingness to do the Father’s divine will. The only evolutionary world without error (the possibility of unwise judgment) would be a world without free intelligence. In the Havona universe there are a billion perfect worlds with their perfect inhabitants, but evolving man must be fallible if he is to be free. Free and inexperienced intelligence cannot possibly at first be uniformly wise. The possibility of mistaken judgment (evil) becomes sin only when the human will consciously endorses and knowingly embraces a deliberate immoral judgment.

Belief is not rooted in fact. Beliefs do not require facts. One could be in the Mansion world yet continue to believe in ideas contrary to the leading of the TA. Beliefs usually imply doctrines and religion.

I can accept that, but don’t you mean the stronger the DISBELIEF, the more mind work there is to be done by the Adjuster?

I am not sure  I want to fully agree with your statement – belief vs.  disbelief. Hmmm…I have to ponder on this.

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

That was a mispelling on my part. What I am saying is you are not a perfect being on the mansion world. There is still room for mistakes.

Thanks for admitting your error.  Yes, I agree.  There is plenty of room for mistakes until the Corps of the Finality.

The morontial mind is imperfect on the mansion world.

But the cosmic reality reflexes are not imperfect.  They work correctly every time.  What the PERSONALITY does with them is what can go wrong.  If the PERSONALITY ignores them, distorts them, or engages them in an unbalanced manner, it is a free-will choice, but with possible disastrous results.

Where is the seat of will?

PERSONALITY.

I am not sure  I want to fully agree with your statement – belief vs.  disbelief. Hmmm…I have to ponder on this.

Thanks for the indulgence.

Gene
    Participant

I have no illusion that we well be relocated either just prior to or a millisecond after the nuclear exchange begins.

billions may get incinerated but humanity will survive.

i think the destruction of the planet is the key, like from collision with another massive object or our sun becoming a red giant as it dies.

hoping to escape nuclear war by being relocated is analogous to sign seeking. IMHO

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

And the title of this so-called topic appears to be attention seeking.  As BB admits:  “I am guilty of the sensationalized headline. I accept that. But if you read the content you’d see that the headline grossly misrepresents the content.”

Hopefully, a little reflection might tone down the rhetorical declarations and move toward the desire to learn rather than insert fear and anxiety or simply grab attention….and the “headline” may more clearly represent the “content”.  Sensationalism reveals motive and agenda.  The fact is every world, once deemed inhabited, has a certain inevitable outcome….Light and Life…without fail or exception.  And no, in such an emergency re-location, we do not go to a mansion world, and yes, we will know when we are on a mansion world….the distinctions are enormous and they are many and we will notice them to be sure!

:good:

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Why do folks think we’ll be moved to a mansion world?  If we go anywhere, it would likely be another evolutionary material life planet? There must a couple zillion of those.  That aside, I’m 100% sure we will never have a total nuclear meltdown on this planet.  Ain’t gonna happen.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant
    And it could have happened 10x’s already!! Hell! We might be in the Mansion world right now as we type! Would a Urantian know he was on the Mansion world? Does it require belief to accept the reality one is now residing in the Mansion world? Is the Mansion world driven by literal facts or belief!!???
    So many unknowns!

As pointed out on page one of this thread, there is a cosmic plan for evacuating Urantia, should it come to that. While TUB doesn’t specifically say, I am personally convinced that if such a migration occurs, we will be none the wiser. The Life Carriers and other celestial organizers will make it such that our minds will not recognize anything amiss from our current existence. Heck, it could have already happened while you were reading this thread! In the meantime, should any of us be so unfortunate as to suffer the physical devastation and illness associated with nuclear war, it is from our suffering in life that growth occurs. All we can do is hold fast to our faith and continue to seek out Truth, Beauty and Love.

True but there are people in the insane asylum who perceive altered realities and swear by them; perception is reality, as the saying goes. We perceive the things you mentioned but there is always a slight chance it’s not rooted in true reality. The superadjutants could be acting and, still, the mind is handicapped. Personally, I think the mansion world is a world based on belief, which explains why we all don’t end up on the same level. The stronger the belief the less rooted in the mansion’s reality and the more work that needs to be done on the mind.

Bonita wrote: If a person is reacting to any adjutant mind spirit urges, he’s not on a mansion world. The adjutants don’t function there. Also, if he is using the toilet, he’s not living on a mansion world. Animal bodies can’t exist on a morontia sphere.

Bradly here:  This is all very confusing.  It might appear that it is being claimed that one cannot tell reality from unreality on the Mansion Worlds?  And that the Mansion Worlds are not or may not be real….. and actual architectural spheres?  I would think it does indeed “require belief” in reality to “accept the reality”…although I don’t understand the statement or question…which does remind of a favorite Zen koan – “Things are not as they appear – and neither are they different!”  Our perceptions and perspectives are limited in-time by our own reality-orientations and knowledge…a very progressive experience where only ignorance and prejudice may limit our capacity to embrace, acknowledge, and experience reality!   Things cannot be different than they appear until we grow sufficiently to ‘see’ more than before, but we have to be able to relinquish our grip on illusion, delusion, and ignorance to see more and expand our scope of what then appears to us, and we must do this all the way to Paradise.  Perception has never defined reality itself but it does define and limit our own view of it.

I do not think reality itself depends upon or requires one’s belief…..reality is factual regardless of anyone’s belief in it, isn’t it?  There are people who do not believe in God…is God somehow less real….in reality?   Our perceptions of and beliefs about reality affect the holder of the perception/belief but has no effect on reality.

When we awaken in the Resurrection Hall, we are greeted by the Morontia Companions and Guides who will introduce us and lovingly welcome us to the heavenly estate.  As to the question:  “Is the Mansion world driven by literal facts or belief!!???”  The Mansion Worlds ARE a literal fact regardless of one’s knowledge of or belief in their existence and reality prior to our arrival and will be obviously “real” upon our awakening there.  Naturally, one must take the author’s at their literal presentation of such facts claimed as being true.

112:5.16 (1234.5) The situation which makes repersonalization possible is brought about in the resurrection halls of the morontia receiving planets of a local universe. Here in these life-assembly chambers the supervising authorities provide that relationship of universe energy — morontial, mindal, and spiritual — which makes possible the reconsciousizing of the sleeping survivor. The reassembly of the constituent parts of a onetime material personality involves:

112:5.17 (1234.6) 1. The fabrication of a suitable form, a morontia energy pattern, in which the new survivor can make contact with nonspiritual reality, and within which the morontia variant of the cosmic mind can be encircuited.

112:5.18 (1234.7) 2. The return of the Adjuster to the waiting morontia creature. The Adjuster is the eternal custodian of your ascending identity; your Monitor is the absolute assurance that you yourself and not another will occupy the morontia form created for your personality awakening. And the Adjuster will be present at your personality reassembly to take up once more the role of Paradise guide to your surviving self.

112:5.19 (1235.1) 3. When these prerequisites of repersonalization have been assembled, the seraphic custodian of the potentialities of the slumbering immortal soul, with the assistance of numerous cosmic personalities, bestows this morontia entity upon and in the awaiting morontia mind-body form while committing this evolutionary child of the Supreme to eternal association with the waiting Adjuster. And this completes the repersonalization, reassembly of memory, insight, and consciousness — identity.

112:5.20 (1235.2) The fact of repersonalization consists in the seizure of the encircuited morontia phase of the newly segregated cosmic mind by the awakening human self. The phenomenon of personality is dependent on the persistence of the identity of selfhood reaction to universe environment; and this can only be effected through the medium of mind. Selfhood persists in spite of a continuous change in all the factor components of self; in the physical life the change is gradual; at death and upon repersonalization the change is sudden. The true reality of all selfhood (personality) is able to function responsively to universe conditions by virtue of the unceasing changing of its constituent parts; stagnation terminates in inevitable death. Human life is an endless change of the factors of life unified by the stability of the unchanging personality.

112:5.21 (1235.3) And when you thus awaken on the mansion worlds of Jerusem, you will be so changed, the spiritual transformation will be so great that, were it not for your Thought Adjuster and the destiny guardian, who so fully connect up your new life in the new worlds with your old life in the first world, you would at first have difficulty in connecting the new morontia consciousness with the reviving memory of your previous identity. Notwithstanding the continuity of personal selfhood, much of the mortal life would at first seem to be a vague and hazy dream. But time will clarify many mortal associations.

47:3.6 (533.4) From the resurrection halls you proceed to the Melchizedek sector, where you are assigned permanent residence. Then you enter upon ten days of personal liberty. You are free to explore the immediate vicinity of your new home and to familiarize yourself with the program which lies immediately ahead. You also have time to gratify your desire to consult the registry and call upon your loved ones and other earth friends who may have preceded you to these worlds. At the end of your ten-day period of leisure you begin the second step in the Paradise journey, for the mansion worlds are actual training spheres, not merely detention planets.

48:3.8 (546.1) 2. Pilgrim Receivers and Free Associators. These are the social companions of the new arrivals on the mansion worlds. One of them will certainly be on hand to welcome you when you awaken on the initial mansion world from the first transit sleep of time, when you experience the resurrection from the death of the flesh into the morontia life. And from the time you are thus formally welcomed on awakening to that day when you leave the local universe as a first-stage spirit, these Morontia Companions are ever with you.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I have no idea what BB is talking about, but I’m pretty sure that dematerialization of the salvable population to a ” . . . new world prepared for their continuing existence . . .” (51:2.3),  would NOT be a mansion world.  Dematerialization, as far as I understand it, does not remove a person’s material (adjutant) memory as happens with death and resurrection.

André
    André
    Participant

Greetings everyone,

Or, could it be said that we are only lab rats?

nop

Jesus looking at humans beings see children of God, his own brothers and sisters.

Not, “children of the father of sin” even Lucifer is still a child of God.

I could understand the exasperation from Bradly to any attemps to reduce a friendly universe to a machiavelic conspiration from The Most Highs whom are representants of our Universe Father.

Extremely putrefied rebellion of death.” I’m not sure if this statement express an extreme conclusion and confusion of desesperation towards Divine Plans wisdom ! 

But such wasn’t perception of Dieties.

Brotherhoodly,

André

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Andre,

Do you really think that the rebellion did not cause some of God’s children to become so affected by confusion to end up embracing iniquity themselves and losing their souls?

Mortality is one thing but spiritual death is quite another.

“But whosoever causes one of these little ones to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hanged about his neck and he were cast into the sea.”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.