Do Our Celestial Friends Make Contact with us?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Do Our Celestial Friends Make Contact with us?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Julian
    Julian
    Participant

Some dear friends of mine who are avid readers and servants of The Urantia Book, and in particular, the Jesus Papers, have informed me that they have been receiving messages via email from Midwayers, for an extended period of time. They were reluctant to tell me this because they feared my reaction….that I would think that they were deluded, credulous, or disloyal to the 5th Epochal Revelation. They were at pains to explain that this was not related to the phenomenon of ‘channeling’ which they firmly reject. They further explained that the messages contained words of encouragement for their ministry of promoting the religion of Jesus as well as practical ways in which they could improve their ministry. They claim that the messages have always supported The Urantia Book and have been in harmony with it’s teachings. Moreover, they never contain additional revelatory material.

Aside from whether the claims of this particular case are illusory, fraudulent, or real, I am interested in what the Urantia Book has to say about whether our celestial friends (Midwayers, angels, or other visitors) are likely to make some form of contact with us mortals on Urantia, either through direct appearances or via messages (eg. the internet).

To get the discussion going, I would like to start with the following quotes:

Their (Midwayers) chief work today is that of unperceived personal-liaison associates of those men and women who constitute the planetary reserve corps of destiny. It was the work of this secondary group, ably seconded by certain of the primary corps, that brought about the co-ordination of personalities and circumstances on Urantia which finally induced the planetary celestial supervisors to initiate those petitions that resulted in the granting of the mandates making possible the series of revelations of which this presentation is a part. But it should be made clear that the midway creatures are not involved in the sordid performances taking place under the general designation of “spiritualism.” The midwayers at present on Urantia, all of whom are of honorable standing, are not connected with the phenomena of so-called “mediumship”; and they do not, ordinarily, permit humans to witness their sometimes necessary physical activities or other contacts with the material world, as they are perceived by human senses. P.865:6

Seraphim are able to function as material ministers to human beings under certain circumstances, but their action in this capacity is very rare. They are able, with the assistance of the midway creatures and the physical controllers, to function in a wide range of activities in behalf of human beings, even to make actual contact with mankind, but such occurrences are very unusual. In most instances the circumstances of the material realm proceed unaltered by seraphic action, although occasions have arisen, involving jeopardy to vital links in the chain of human evolution, in which seraphic guardians have acted, and properly, on their own initiative. P.1246:4

All contributions would be much appreciated! Thank you!    :-)

Angela
    Participant

The Urantia Book gives us a window into the absolute degree to which records have been kept on every aspect of Urantia’s evolutionary path up to 1934. A knowledge that seems to extend to every detail of our history and all Urantia’s inhabitants from the very beginning. We are told of many instances of Teaching Missions other than Jesus — from Adam and Eve to Machiventa Melchizedek. It is not at all strange then to consider further revelation has been graciously granted since 1934. In fact, I am convinced that this assistance has been constant. What form have our many Teachers taken? What avenues for Teaching are presently available to them? How do they presently choose to continue this intimate association?

There are many possibilities that many of us do not dare consider. Why is this so? It is even more strange to me that possibilities are dismissed when we consider the access we have to the contents of the Urantia Book. The Urantia Book goes to great lengths to open our minds to our intimate relationship with personalities of Nebadon and on into the Central Universe, an association that we already had in 1934. Would they deliver to us this amazing revelation and then leave us? I believe every aspect of our evolutionary path is still being recorded and that access to our Teachers never ceased. If there is a failure in transmission, it is at our end, not theirs.

The more closely man approaches God through love, the greater the reality — actuality — of that man. 117:4.14 (1285.3)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

. . . . have informed me that they have been receiving messages via email from Midwayers, for an extended period of time.

I just spit my morning coffee out in gut-busting laughter.  That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in months.  Thanks for starting my day with absolute hilarity!  Hahahaha .  .  . cracking up!  These people are trying to start some kind of  church-like group  . . . . right?  Obviously, there’s some hysterically funny  mind mischief at work here.  What a  wonderful way to make yourselves the chosen ones, just sayin’.  I’d try to track down that ISP address in case you want to erect a shrine or something.  Incredible.

Julian
    Julian
    Participant

I’d try to track down that ISP address in case you want to erect a shrine or something.

Yes, that was my first thought also! I haven’t as yet asked for or seen any evidence to support their claims. And of course a question that immediately came to mind was why they would be chosen to receive these messages? They don’t claim any special relationship with these purported messengers and indeed believe we should all expect such contacts to be made….hence my earlier question: is it inconceivable that a celestial entity would make some kind of approach to us mere mortals? From the few passages I’ve read in the UB on the subject, it appears that it could happen but would certainly be a rare event. But I’m willing to be corrected.

Gene
    Participant

Years ago I knew some very well read UB teachers  that routinely were taken up in space ships that were invisible to everyone but them, received information and brought it back to use somehow.

they finally moved to Arizona – I think they may still be alive and doing similar stuff around Sedona

as they were a part of my introduction to the revelation I just ignored that and tried to focus on what they had to offer in regard to teaching.

it was weird, an assult on my intelligence in one way and much to offer in regard to understanding the revelation in another. I lost interest soon enough.

this was all very real to these guys. But only to them, incredulous to everyone else.

the emails bring back these distant memories.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Julian wrote: . . . is it inconceivable that a celestial entity would make some kind of approach to us mere mortals?

Well obviously it’s not inconceivable!  Mary, Elizabeth, Zecharias, Joseph, Jesus, some wise man priest from Mesopotamia, the shepherd boy who heard the 23rd psalm . . .  who else? . . .  can’t recall right now . . .  they all had celestial contact of some kind or another. One must wonder about the motive in these circumstances, and what exactly is the motive in the midwayer email circumstance?  There’s your clue.

Julian wrote: Moreover, they never contain additional revelatory material.

Weren’t all the bona fide communiques mentioned above somewhat revelatory?  Why else bother?  Again, what’s the motive?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

After decades of such claims and endless wasted hours reading transcripts and recordings of those who make such claims, I’m always mystified by the irrelevancy of content and the mystical language that seems to say nothing at all.  Motive is key.  Why or to what purpose is not irrelevant to consider either.  Never been so special myself.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Julian wrote: . . . is it inconceivable that a celestial entity would make some kind of approach to us mere mortals?

Well obviously it’s not inconceivable!  Mary, Elizabeth, Zecharias, Joseph, Jesus, some wise man priest from Mesopotamia, the shepherd boy who heard the 23rd psalm . . .  who else? . . .  can’t recall right now . . .  they all had celestial contact of some kind or another. One must wonder about the motive in these circumstances, and what exactly is the motive in the midwayer email circumstance?  There’s your clue.

Julian wrote: Moreover, they never contain additional revelatory material.

Weren’t all the bona fide communiques mentioned above somewhat revelatory?  Why else bother?  Again, what’s the motive?

[P.S.]  I’ve been trying to post this for twenty minutes and kept getting 504 messages.  Seems Bradly and I have the same line of thinking, and at the same time too . . . . hmmmm.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: Never been so special myself.

Who was that guy from the old forum who kept yammering about the end of the word . . . Menno, was that it?  He saw midwayers all the time.  He told me that the U.S. was going to have some horrible crisis in 2015 and that I am a reservist and would be called upon to do something extraordinary.  I’m still waiting for the crisis and the call.  I guess I’m really not all that special either.  I wish these people would take their meds.

That being said, Paul was another looney tune who made claims of talking to Jesus in visions and trances.  They didn’t have meds back then, so you have to give him a break, I guess.  As has been said, consider the motive.  Paul wanted to start a church, he needed a way to charm and seduce the people into believing him.  The midwayer email crowd are probably doing the same thing – snake oil salesmen, charlatan flimflammers, corrupting the gospel with their good intentions. It’s been going on for thousands and thousands of years duping trillions and trillions of people.  It won’t stop anytime soon.

Gal 1:11-12  I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin.  I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

2 Cor 12:1 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord.

Acts 22:17-18 When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance and saw the Lord speaking to me. “Quick!” he said. “Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.”

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I’d try to track down that ISP address in case you want to erect a shrine or something.

Yes, that was my first thought also! I haven’t as yet asked for or seen any evidence to support their claims. And of course a question that immediately came to mind was why they would be chosen to receive these messages? They don’t claim any special relationship with these purported messengers and indeed believe we should all expect such contacts to be made….hence my earlier question: is it inconceivable that a celestial entity would make some kind of approach to us mere mortals? From the few passages I’ve read in the UB on the subject, it appears that it could happen but would certainly be a rare event. But I’m willing to be corrected.
    So, we are told there is only epochal revelation and auto/personal revelation.  The examples cited above by Bonita are all “personal” revelation…to the one mind and for the one mind – which mind often feels compelled to share/articulate to others after a fashion.  So, is one person receiving these emails or several (email revelations??!!)?  Are the words written to an individual or to a group?  Since they are “avid” readers and feel the “messages” are in harmony with the UB, then what part of the text do they reference to “explain” the phenomena?  Something amiss is afoot here IMO.  Sometimes, the most righteous become the most self deluded – it’s a very odd psychosis that leads to self importance.
    I think we may be down the rabbit hole……
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Sometimes, the most righteous become the most self deluded – it’s a very odd psychosis that leads to self importance.

Do you think that’s what they mean by the dangers of spiritual pride?  Lucifer was definitely cosmically insane.

163:6.6 And now, while I would not quench your spirit of rejoicing, I would sternly warn you against the subtleties of pride, spiritual pride. If you could understand the downfall of Lucifer, the iniquitous one, you would solemnly shun all forms of spiritual pride.

Angela
    Participant

If the sincere confidence shared by your “dear friends”, Julian, is so laughable, then your own belief in the Urantia Book and its means of reaching us in modern times is also laughable. Why is it strange to you that contact would continue? Why do you all mock this shared confidence so cruelly if you are not reacting out of some negative dis-position? My dear forum friends perhaps you should examine your own motives.

The more closely man approaches God through love, the greater the reality — actuality — of that man. 117:4.14 (1285.3)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I am interested in what the Urantia Book has to say about whether our celestial friends (Midwayers, angels, or other visitors) are likely to make some form of contact with us mortals on Urantia, either through direct appearances or via messages (eg. the internet).

Their (Midwayers) chief work today is that of unperceived personal-liaison associates of those men and women who constitute the planetary reserve corps of destiny. It was the work of this secondary group, ably seconded by certain of the primary corps, that brought about the co-ordination of personalities and circumstances on Urantia which finally induced the planetary celestial supervisors to initiate those petitions that resulted in the granting of the mandates making possible the series of revelations of which this presentation is a part. But it should be made clear that the midway creatures are not involved in the sordid performances taking place under the general designation of “spiritualism.” The midwayers at present on Urantia, all of whom are of honorable standing, are not connected with the phenomena of so-called “mediumship”; and they do not, ordinarily, permit humans to witness their sometimes necessary physical activities or other contacts with the material world, as they are perceived by human senses.

P.865:6 Seraphim are able to function as material ministers to human beings under certain circumstances, but their action in this capacity is very rare. They are able, with the assistance of the midway creatures and the physical controllers, to function in a wide range of activities in behalf of human beings, even to make actual contact with mankind, but such occurrences are very unusual. In most instances the circumstances of the material realm proceed unaltered by seraphic action, although occasions have arisen, involving jeopardy to vital links in the chain of human evolution, in which seraphic guardians have acted, and properly, on their own initiative. P.1246:4

From studying your selections, Julian, it is very rare for midwayers or angels to make actual contact with mankind, or for humans to witness their so-called necessary physical activities or other contacts with the material world as they are perceived by human senses.  They tell us outright jeopardy to vital links in the chain of human evolution is one such rare circumstance for actual contact.  Another circumstance would be a world emergency.  I do not subscribe to fallacious ideas they communicate with humans or send anyone emails.  How ludicrous!

Neither are they a safety-net for humans, physically speaking.  Remember when, during a sandstorm, Jesus fell down the back-yard stone stairs which led up to the canvas-roofed bedroom?  This is what we read, regarding the watchcare of Jesus by his unseen friends:

123:4:6  There was no way in which this accident could have been prevented. It was not chargeable to neglect by the midway temporal guardians, one primary and one secondary midwayer having been assigned to the watchcare of the lad; neither was it chargeable to the guardian seraphim. It simply could not have been avoided. But this slight accident, occurring while Joseph was absent in Endor, caused such great anxiety to develop in Mary’s mind that she unwisely tried to keep Jesus very close to her side for some months.
    This slight accident was unavoidable.  But ease-seeking (they use the word ease-drifting) is avoidable.  Here they talk about the angels of our supervision. . .
    178:1:10  “Under the soon-coming persecutions by those who hate this gospel of joy and liberty, you will thrive and the kingdom will prosper. But you will stand in grave danger in subsequent times when most men will speak well of kingdom believers and many in high places nominally accept the gospel of the heavenly kingdom. Learn to be faithful to the kingdom even in times of peace and prosperity. Tempt not the angels of your supervision to lead you in troublous ways as a loving discipline designed to save your ease-drifting souls.”
    And what are those other animal vestigial traits?  (48:5:8)
    Do people find the UB too hard to study?  Do they need it dumbed down?  Do they need something more….?  Are they tired of reading it? Do they want to move on to something else?  Probably.  It’s a side-trip.  But what the heck.  Each to his/her own desserts, as they say, but I prefer to go to the source-book and study it with others.  Last night we were into PAPER 117 God the Supreme and I found thefollowing supremely interesting:
    117:5:10  How do these manifold circuits of cosmic ministry register the meanings, values, and facts of evolutionary experience in the Supreme? We are not exactly certain, but we believe that this registry takes place through the persons of the Supreme Creators of Paradise origin who are the immediate bestowers of these circuits of time and space. The mind-experience accumulations of the seven adjutant mind-spirits, in their ministry to the physical level of intellect, are a part of the local universe experience of the Divine Minister, and through this Creative Spirit they probably find registry in the mind of Supremacy. Likewise are mortal experiences with the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Spirit probably registered by similar techniques in the person of Supremacy.
    Even the experience of man and Adjuster must find echo in the divinity of God the Supreme, for, as the Adjusters experience, they are like the Supreme, and the evolving soul of mortal man is created out of the pre-existent possibility for such experience within the Supreme.
    In this manner do the manifold experiences of all creation become a part of the evolution of Supremacy. Creatures merely utilize the qualities and quantities of the finite as they ascend to the Father; the impersonal consequences of such utilization remain forever a part of the living cosmos, the Supreme person.
    What man himself takes with him as a personality possession are the character consequences of the experience of having used the mind and spirit circuits of the grand universe in his Paradise ascent. When man decides, and when he consummates this decision in action, man experiences, and the meanings and the values of this experience are forever a part of his eternal character on all levels, from the finite to the final. Cosmically moral and divinely spiritual character represents the creature’s capital accumulation of personal decisions which have been illuminated by sincere worship, glorified by intelligent love, and consummated in brotherly service.
    The evolving Supreme will eventually compensate finite creatures for their inability ever to achieve more than limited experience contact with the universe of universes. Creatures can attain the Paradise Father, but their evolutionary minds, being finite, are incapable of really understanding the infinite and absolute Father. But since all creature experiencing registers in, and is a part of, the Supreme, when all creatures attain the final level of finite existence, and after total universe development makes possible their attainment of God the Supreme as an actual divinity presence, then, inherent in the fact of such contact, is contact with total experience. The finite of time contains within itself the seeds of eternity; and we are taught that, when the fullness of evolution witnesses the exhaustion of the capacity for cosmic growth, the total finite will embark upon the absonite phases of the eternal career in quest of the Father as Ultimate. [The next universe age.  :-) ]
    Doesn’t this adventure thrill you?  Does me.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Some dear friends of mine who are avid readers and servants of The Urantia Book, and in particular, the Jesus Papers, have informed me that they have been receiving messages via email from Midwayers, for an extended period of time. They were reluctant to tell me this because they feared my reaction….that I would think that they were deluded, credulous, or disloyal to the 5th Epochal Revelation. They were at pains to explain that this was not related to the phenomenon of ‘channeling’ which they firmly reject. They further explained that the messages contained words of encouragement for their ministry of promoting the religion of Jesus as well as practical ways in which they could improve their ministry. They claim that the messages have always supported The Urantia Book and have been in harmony with it’s teachings. Moreover, they never contain additional revelatory material.

Aside from whether the claims of this particular case are illusory, fraudulent, or real, I am interested in what the Urantia Book has to say about whether our celestial friends (Midwayers, angels, or other visitors) are likely to make some form of contact with us mortals on Urantia, either through direct appearances or via messages (eg. the internet).

To get the discussion going, I would like to start with the following quotes:

Their (Midwayers) chief work today is that of unperceived personal-liaison associates of those men and women who constitute the planetary reserve corps of destiny. It was the work of this secondary group, ably seconded by certain of the primary corps, that brought about the co-ordination of personalities and circumstances on Urantia which finally induced the planetary celestial supervisors to initiate those petitions that resulted in the granting of the mandates making possible the series of revelations of which this presentation is a part. But it should be made clear that the midway creatures are not involved in the sordid performances taking place under the general designation of “spiritualism.” The midwayers at present on Urantia, all of whom are of honorable standing, are not connected with the phenomena of so-called “mediumship”; and they do not, ordinarily, permit humans to witness their sometimes necessary physical activities or other contacts with the material world, as they are perceived by human senses. P.865:6

Seraphim are able to function as material ministers to human beings under certain circumstances, but their action in this capacity is very rare. They are able, with the assistance of the midway creatures and the physical controllers, to function in a wide range of activities in behalf of human beings, even to make actual contact with mankind, but such occurrences are very unusual. In most instances the circumstances of the material realm proceed unaltered by seraphic action, although occasions have arisen, involving jeopardy to vital links in the chain of human evolution, in which seraphic guardians have acted, and properly, on their own initiative. P.1246:4

All contributions would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Julian: I don’t know about the Email thing but I guess that anything is possible, where I get hundreds of Emails every week, and in some cases my spam blocker will cut some questionable material from the Emails and past philosophical quotations in place of the destructive data.  But, it would be interesting to have some of these Emails forwarded, maybe to the general Forum Email account, just to evaluate the source of these Emails, where many individual users often do not have the expertise to track many Emails.

Nevertheless, regarding Midwayer activity and the material which you highlighted above, would seem to be inconclusive, or not really provable, because even if Midwayer’s were to make themselves visible to others, and they where to have a form as we do, or are able to take on various shapes, how would anyone really know that they are or were Midwayer’s doing their work?  Then there are people who are more susceptible or able to visually see things that other people may not or are not able to see?  This is a proven fact that some people have a broader visual light spectrum, and can see things which others cannot; something like animals being able to hear things which humans cannot.  I know from experience that I have the ability to see things which are outside the normal visual spectrum, where I have extremely better eyesight then most, where my optometrist does not have a chart which registers below 11/20 sight, and then there is my slight double vision which is both horizontal and vertical and not correctable with glasses but I can compensate by focusing on specific objects, like printed words etc.  But, I rarely need to do so for general visual sight or watching a two dimensional TV screen because this so called disability seems to give me 3D type vision, where sometimes things appear as if one could reach into the glass (of a reflection) or screen, because it appears to have depth.  But that’s something that I have lived with since I was a child, so one never really knows what one might actually be seeing.

As I have read the responses to this topic I’m surprise at one of the individuals posting here, where back on one of the old UB forums, which the topic was about Midwayer’s (not sure which one right know because I don’t have my old ID’s to go into the achieves to search), that this person posted that they saw and believed that a Midwayer actually appeared next to them, in their living room I think it was, and shortly disappeared.  This person was emphatic that this image was a Midwayer, so I’m surprised about the general negative attitude presented here?

Anyway, Emails are something which can be manipulated, but I guess anything is possible.  More research would be needed to validate those claims, but it is an interesting subject, to be sure.  Thanks for bring it up Julian.

Angela
    Participant

Thank you, MidiChlorian. The same author in the original forum site also suggests (as I have) that if we accept that the Urantia Book is delivered through “paranormal means” we would then also accept the possibility that these phenomena are possible.

I suggest that it would be at cross purposes to accept the Urantia Book, while at the same time dismissing the possibility that modern means of communication will be harnessed in the celestial teaching process.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.