200 Million Mortal Ascenders on Jerusem

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions 200 Million Mortal Ascenders on Jerusem

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Ah, yes!!! Spiritualized thinking!  I strive for that goal, as I think we all do!  The Adjuster makes contact in the realm of our highest spiritualized thinking.  He does not contact thinking which centers around emotional feelings (101:1.3).  Spiritualized thinking is soul level thinking and it is attainable through prayer.  Our prayerful thoughts lead us Godward because those are our purest thoughts.

One of Jesus’ four faith attitudes is being pure in heart.  “Happy are the pure in heart, for they shall see God”.(140:3.6).  Spiritualized thinking leads to true happiness and true happiness is infectious because its roots are in love.  God is love. Spiritual thinking becomes happy thinking because it is in harmony with God and his universe.  Oh that we all could experience melody of thought!

(499.10) 44:1.8 6. Melody of thought — the thinking of spiritual thoughts can be so perfected as to burst forth in the melodies of Havona.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(44:1.15) Harmony is the speech of Havona.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

And if we have difficulty achieving harmony and exuding brotherly understanding and affection here on Urantia, consider what we will be subjected to on the Constellation level! When new Mansion worlders are told about what all’s just ahead (never mind at the Havona level), how many will give up and quit?

43:8.5 (494.4) 1. Live happily and work effectively with ten diverse fellow morontians, while ten such groups are associated in companies of one hundred and then federated in corps of one thousand.

43:8.6 (494.5) 2. Abide joyfully and co-operate heartily with ten univitatia, who, though similar intellectually to morontia beings, are very different in every other way. And then must you function with this group of ten as it co-ordinates with ten other families, which are in turn confederated into a corps of one thousand univitatia.

43:8.7 (494.6) 3. Achieve simultaneous adjustment to both fellow morontians and these host univitatia. Acquire the ability voluntarily and effectively to co-operate with your own order of beings in close working association with a somewhat dissimilar group of intelligent creatures.

43:8.8 (494.7) 4. While thus socially functioning with beings like and unlike yourself, achieve intellectual harmony with, and make vocational adjustment to, both groups of associates.

43:8.9 (494.8) 5. While attaining satisfactory socialization of the personality on intellectual and vocational levels, further perfect the ability to live in intimate contact with similar and slightly dissimilar beings with ever-lessening irritability and ever-diminishing resentment. The reversion directors contribute much to this latter attainment through their group-play activities.

43:8.10 (494.9) 6. Adjust all of these various socialization techniques to the furtherance of the progressive co-ordination of the Paradise-ascension career; augment universe insight by enhancing the ability to grasp the eternal goal-meanings concealed within these seemingly insignificant time-space activities.

43:8.11 (494.10) 7. And then, climax all of these procedures of multisocialization with the concurrent enhancement of spiritual insight as it pertains to the augmentation of all phases of personal endowment through group spiritual association and morontia co-ordination. Intellectually, socially, and spiritually two moral creatures do not merely double their personal potentials of universe achievement by partnership technique; they more nearly quadruple their attainment and accomplishment possibilities.

Richard E Warren

George Park
    Participant

Over and over we read the words or the reference to, ‘if you don’t reject.’ Have you considered the idea that ascension might be akin to Navy Seal training here on Urantia? The drop out rate is high (60%). It’s going to be tough, maybe even tougher than Seal training, notwithstanding the fact that half the time is recreational.

Rick, you raise a valid point, I think, about the possibility that some may reject the survival plan because it is too tough. Lucifer, who Satan asserted was the “friend of men and angels,” promised that absolutely everyone would survive, if he was in charge. He promised survival would be free, easy and automatic for every mortal; no personal effort required, no judgment of true motives, no examination of past acts. Mortals could be as selfish and slothful as they like in their evolutionary struggles, and Lucifer would still give them a free pass into heaven. It is all a very great lie, of course.

The great problem of life is the adjustment of the ancestral tendencies of living to the demands of the spiritual urges initiated by the divine presence of the Mystery Monitor. While in the universe and superuniverse careers no man can serve two masters, in the life you now live on Urantia every man must perforce serve two masters. He must become adept in the art of a continuous human temporal compromise while he yields spiritual allegiance to but one master; and this is why so many falter and fail, grow weary and succumb to the stress of the evolutionary struggle. (109:5.4)

It seems the stress of the evolutionary struggle can cause many to grow weary of making this continuous temporal compromise and lose their spiritual allegiance, their faith in God; to reject the strenuous demands of the survival plan.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Yes, harmony is paradisiacal, but it can be experienced here on earth as well by the pursuit of truth, beauty and goodness.

(646.6) 56:10.5 The attainment of cosmologic levels of thought includes:

(646.7) 56:10.6 1. Curiosity. Hunger for harmony and thirst for beauty. Persistent attempts to discover new levels of harmonious cosmic relationships.

(646.8) 56:10.7 2. Aesthetic appreciation. Love of the beautiful and ever-advancing appreciation of the artistic touch of all creative manifestations on all levels of reality.

(646.9) 56:10.8 3. Ethic sensitivity. Through the realization of truth the appreciation of beauty leads to the sense of the eternal fitness of those things which impinge upon the recognition of divine goodness in Deity relations with all beings; and thus even cosmology leads to the pursuit of divine reality values — to God-consciousness.

Gene
    Participant

And many a swab Seal would run from Ranger training.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Are you referring to indolence?

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I think he’s referring to me.

Gene
    Participant

Nope.
    Just poking fun at recognition of elite sailors. A good distraction from the real elite soldiers.
    None are indolent.
    Rick started it
    I’m just having some military style fun.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

. . . how many will give up and quit?

Don’t know, but “Only conscious resistance to the Adjuster’s leading can prevent the survival of the evolving immortal soul.”

110:3.5 [Part III]
    Confusion, being puzzled, even sometimes discouraged and distracted, does not necessarily signify resistance to the leadings of the indwelling Adjuster. Such attitudes may sometimes connote lack of active co-operation with the divine Monitor and may, therefore, somewhat delay spiritual progress, but such intellectual emotional difficulties do not in the least interfere with the certain survival of the God-knowing soul. Ignorance alone can never prevent survival; neither can confusional doubts nor fearful uncertainty. Only conscious resistance to the Adjuster’s leading can prevent the survival of the evolving immortal soul.
    Gene
    Participant

I think he’s referring to me.

U A Swabbie? I coulda guessed.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

93:4.8 2. You shall not doubt that faith is the only requirement for eternal salvation.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

93:4.8 2. You shall not doubt that faith is the only requirement for eternal salvation.

True, as long as eternal life isn’t finally rejected in the mortal life.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

U A Swabbie?

Well lately, I have been finding myself trying to “swab the deck.”

It isn’t so hard though. I have a lot of company.

:-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

One other thing that keeps running through my brain on this topic: The number of people who will quit. Over and over we read the words or the reference to, ‘if you don’t reject.’ Have you considered the idea that ascension might be akin to Navy Seal training here on Urantia? The drop out rate is high (60%). It’s going to be tough, maybe even tougher than Seal training, notwithstanding the fact that half the time is recreational. We will have to face every shortcoming, every imperfection, and do so over billions of years. …And you will sometime meet these noble beings face to face if you do not reject the certain and all-perfected plan designed to effect your survival and ascension…. 24:6.9 (270.7)If you do not reject this spirit, even though eternity may be required to fulfill the commission, “he will guide you into all truth.” 34:7.1 (382.1) …Though you will probably never understand the fact of such an inexplicable transaction, you will sometime experientially know the truth of it if you do not reject the plan of mortal survival…. 30:4.15 (341.5) ***

Me here:  Greetings Rick….I am also curious as to the non-fusion, non-survivor factors and ratios for those whose “flicker” is sufficient for the trip to the Mansion Worlds but then fail to fuse and advance into our eternal destiny potential.  Below is a quote from another topic related to this one:

I have found plenty of evidence within the UB for my optimism regarding the soul’s chance for survival from this world. The question of greater interest to me is whether the mortal born soul that arrives on the Mansion Worlds with but a flicker can successfully penetrate the Circles of Progress required for fusion. What is that struggle like? Wouldn’t it be easier there than here to learn and grow and shed the tadpole’s tail and gills for the legs and lungs of frogdom? Or not?

Another ponderment of mine is how the survival ratio changes over time and through the mortal epochs? And especially, what’s the difference between normal worlds with Prince and Staff and the Material Son and Daughter and the Garden and the knowledge of the universe and the examples of celestials on-planet and those worlds darkened by the loss of such material ministry? It would seem logical that the difference in survivor ratios between the earlier and the later epochs would be great, especially as life expectancy grows into centuries and on-world fusion/translation becomes more and more common. And that difference (if any) between worlds cursed by rebellion and those not would likewise be great. But I wonder.

Me here:  Just a note of clarification and hopeful reconciliation regarding my sometimes radical rhetoric here regarding my distaste and discomfort with those ideas and claims here that I believe contradict the intention and contents of the Revelation and it’s Good News for the pilgrims of time.  It is important that I disentangle and distinguish those who promote such concepts and claims from the concepts and claims and opinions promoted themselves.  My apologies for any and all personalizations to or about any person….such was not my intention but I am often clumsy and thoughtless and too emotional regarding some issues.

That which promotes doubt, fear, anxiety, doom, and gloom certainly do drive me a little crazy….especially when the UB is used for such purpose.  Some may think a simple discussion of mortal planetary survivor rates and ratios should not rise to such a level of emotion and dispute….based on my experience with the priesthood and evolutionary religions, I would dispute that deminimization of such claims.  The UB has been a beacon of great hope and comfort for me for a long, long time.  I find any message of despair extracted from its pages to be false and misleading.  But that’s just me….and my own opinion.

I will now step back from this topic and let cooler heads enjoy the discussion.  Thanks to all for your understanding, patience, and forgiveness as it may be given.

:-)

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 182 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.