200 Million Mortal Ascenders on Jerusem

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions 200 Million Mortal Ascenders on Jerusem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    Cole
    Cole
    Participant
    I have read Paper 53 many times and have always wondered about the number posted at the end of the paragraph (see below).  It states that roughly 200 Million mortals were on Jerusem at the installation of Lucifer’s successor.  If this is the total number of mortal ascenders on Jerusem….it seems small if there were approximately 600 inhabited worlds in Satania at that time.  Urantia, a relatively young member of the system at number 606, already has a population of 7+ Billion and then you consider some average for all of the others in the system.  Some of this could have to do with residence time and I know that the path is narrow…but it still seems small (?). How long do you think we will be in the local system (average)?  Other thoughts?
    53:7.12 [Part II]
    It was over two years of system time from the beginning of the “war in heaven” until the installation of Lucifer’s successor. But at last the new Sovereign came, landing on the sea of glass with his staff. I was among the reserves mobilized on Edentia by Gabriel, and I well remember the first message of Lanaforge to the Constellation Father of Norlatiadek. It read: “Not a single Jerusem citizen was lost. Every ascendant mortal survived the fiery trial and emerged from the crucial test triumphant and altogether victorious.” And on to Salvington, Uversa, and Paradise went this message of assurance that the survival experience of mortal ascension is the greatest security against rebellion and the surest safeguard against sin. This noble Jerusem band of faithful mortals numbered just 187,432,811.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

How long do you think we will be in the local system (average)?  Other thoughts?

The first thing I would want to know is how is system time reckoned as compared to Urantia time. So when you ask about the length of time we’ll be the system, are you talking about Urantia time?  Or are you talking about system time?  Or another unit of time? For example mortals from the evolutionary spheres may, after their arrival on the morontia worlds, apply for admission to the artisan corps.  But if you sign up to be a celestial artisan, you have duty for one thousand years of superuniverse time at least. (44:0.4)

15:7.2  Time is standardized on the headquarters of the superuniverses. The standard day of the superuniverse of Orvonton is equal to almost thirty days of Urantia time, and the Orvonton year equals one hundred standard days. This Uversa year is standard in the seventh superuniverse, and it is twenty-two minutes short of three thousand days of Urantia time, about eight and one fifth of your years.
    You can do the math to get the length of that assignment.  I am guessing that the length of time one spends in the local system depends on other factors too, such as the nature of others types of assignments, as well as how long it takes you to stop procrastining, stop being slothful, stop avoiding problems, etc. etc., since time is no longer a factor in getting rid of those animal vestigial traits. (48:5.8 ) No doubt there are other variables too.
    “A thousand years in his sight are but as yesterday when it is past and as a watch in the night.”
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

It states that roughly 200 Million mortals were on Jerusem at the installation of Lucifer’s successor.

I thought of something else.  Does the number of faithful mortals on Jerusem you mention include the all of survivors who at that time were passing through the mansion worlds regime?  I don’t think so. It doesn’t include those who were in the probationary nurseries, nor those who were in process of rehabilitation or those who were making up deficiencies of various sorts.  It doesn’t include the number of mortals who hadn’t made the final choice to go with God. Were the 187,432,811 mortals you mention fused with their Adjusters?

53:7.10   The ascending mortals were vulnerable, but they withstood the sophistries of rebellion better than the lower spirits. While many on the lower mansion worlds, those who had not attained final fusion with their Adjusters, fell, it is recorded to the glory of the wisdom of the ascension scheme that not a single member of the Satania ascendant citizenship resident on Jerusem participated in the Lucifer rebellion.
    Cole
    Cole
    Participant

P1237:5, 112:7.3 Fusion with the Adjuster is usually effected while the ascender is resident within his local system.

I read their writing as only referring to Jerusem and that all there survived.

This reference appears to look at the number of ascenders in a snapshot (relatively small span of time).  If you looked at our entire system from the perspective of a population graph at a snapshot of time, starting with the planets, moving to the Mansion and Morontia Worlds, and then to Jerusem…it seems that at any moment of time the progression/population should provide some information  as to what is happening regarding the rate of survival.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I read their writing as only referring to Jerusem and that all there survived.

Yes. I am adding other thoughts on the subject. I don’t mean to detract from your question.  And another thought pertains to the many, many, many sleeping survivors who have yet to arrive on the mansion worlds via special resurrections or dispensational resurrections.  I counted the special resurrections on Urantia mentioned in the UB and I think the number is twenty-six.  I might be wrong.

For our mutual edification:

49:6.2   From time to time, on motion of the plantetary authorities or the system rulers, special resurrections of the sleeping survivors are conducted. Such resurrections occur at least every millennium of planetary time, when not all but “many of those who sleep in the dust awake.” These special resurrections are the occasion for mobilizing special groups of ascenders for specific service in the local universe plan of mortal ascension. There are both practical reasons and sentimental associations connected with these special resurrections.
    49:6.3   Throughout the earlier ages of an inhabited world, many are called to the mansion spheres at the special and the millennial resurrections, but most survivors are repersonalized at the inauguration of a new dispensation associated with the advent of a divine Son of planetary service.
    52:5.5   On Urantia the establishment of this “new and living way” was a matter of fact as well as of truth. The isolation of Urantia in the Lucifer rebellion had suspended the procedure whereby mortals can pass, upon death, directly to the shores of the mansion worlds. Before the days of Christ Michael on Urantia all souls slept on until the dispensational or special millennial resurrections. Even Moses was not permitted to go over to the other side until the occasion of a specialresurrection, the fallen Planetary Prince, Caligastia, contesting such a deliverance. But ever since the day of Pentecost, Urantia mortals again may proceed directly to the morontia spheres.
    189:3.3 Notwithstanding that countless individuals having personal seraphic guardians and those achieving the requisite attainment of spiritual personality progress had gone on to mansonia during the ages subsequent to the times of Adam and Eve, and though there had been many special and millennial resurrections of Urantia sons, this was the third of the planetary roll calls, or complete dispensational resurrections. The first occurred at the time of the arrival of the Planetary Prince, the second during the time of Adam, and this, the third, signalized the morontia resurrection, the mortal transit, of Jesus of Nazareth.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

it seems that at any moment of time the progression/population should provide some information  as to what is happening regarding the rate of survival.

Would that take into account all those asleep who are still awaiting a resurrection roll call?  They wouldn’t be counted, right?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

If this is the total number of mortal ascenders on Jerusem….it seems small if there were approximately 600 inhabited worlds in Satania at that time.  Urantia, a relatively young member of the system at number 606, already has a population of 7+ Billion and then you consider some average for all of the others in the system.

The quote in question is about Jerusem citizens.  In order to get residential status and citizenship on Jerusem, mortals must have graduated from the mansion world system.  Those graduates do not all become citizens at once; they do so in groups.  So I assume the 187 million is only a fraction of the total.

(538.8) 47:9.3 Now begins the formation of classes for graduation to Jerusem. You have gone from world to world as individuals, but now you prepare to depart for Jerusem in groups, although, within certain limits, an ascender may elect to tarry on the seventh mansion world for the purpose of enabling a tardy member of his earthly or mansonia working group to catch up with him.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I wonder how many ascendant mortals were on Mansion Worlds 1 – 7 at that time (10-20 times more?)??  And I wonder what the total occupancy might be compared to the average and the low (between dispensational resurrections)?  Seems some world of 600+ should have a dispensational every 20-50 years?

I also wonder why it matters as we are not provided with sufficient data to determine or even extrapolate total survivorship percentages.  Perhaps with good reason?  The mysteries of heaven will be revealed in time…or so Grannie told me as a child.

But speculation can be fun too!

;-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Seems some world of 600+ should have a dispensational every 20-50 years?

What does “some world of 600+” mean?

I always thought dispensations happened in the thousands of years territory.  Are you saying they’re less than a generation apart?  I think I’m confused.  Not the first time.

Gene
    Participant

“This noble Jerusem band of faithful mortals numbered just 187,432,811.”

sounds to me like reference to a specific group as opposed to a total population.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

sounds to me like reference to a specific group as opposed to a total population.

Yeah, for sure.  There are a lot of visitors to Jerusem who are not citizens, and there are many citizens who are not ascenders.  I’d say it’s a small subgroup of the total population. I mean, there’s all those Material Sons & Daughters with their families, a huge group. Then there’s the angels and midwayers, and the ascenders. Plus, there are the Melchizedek teachers, whom I assume get citizen status, but can’t remember.

(518.1) 45:7.5 There are many elective bodies on Jerusem, and they are voted into authority from time to time by three orders of citizenship — the Material Sons and Daughters, the seraphim and their associates, including midway creatures, and the ascending mortals. To receive nomination for representative honor a candidate must have gained requisite recognition from the Melchizedek schools of administration.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

. . . the special resurrections on Urantia mentioned in the UB and I think the number is twenty-six.  I might be wrong.

I found the place where twenty-six special resurrections is mentioned.

76:6.2  They did not long rest in the oblivion of the unconscious sleep of the mortals of the realm. On the third day after Adam’s death, the second following his reverent burial, the orders of Lanaforge, sustained by the acting Most High of Edentia and concurred in by the Union of Days on Salvington, acting for Michael, were placed in Gabriel’s hands, directing the special roll call of the distinguished survivors of the Adamic default on Urantia. And in accordance with this mandate of special resurrection, number twenty-six of the Urantia series, Adam and Eve were repersonalized and reassembled in the resurrection halls of the mansion worlds of Satania together with 1,316 of their associates in the experience of the first garden. Many other loyal souls had already been translated at the time of Adam’s arrival, which was attended by a dispensational adjudication of both the sleeping survivors and of the living qualified ascenders.
    I wonder what those resurrection mandates have to say.  Seems there are several kinds of resurrections.
    52:5.5  On Urantia the establishment of this “new and living way” was a matter of fact as well as of truth. The isolation of Urantia in the Lucifer rebellion had suspended the procedure whereby mortals can pass, upon death, directly to the shores of the mansion worlds. Before the days of Christ Michael on Urantia all souls slept on until the dispensational or special millennial resurrections. Even Moses was not permitted to go over to the other side until the occasion of a special resurrection, the fallen Planetary Prince, Caligastia, contesting such a deliverance. But ever since the day of Pentecost, Urantia mortals again may proceed directly to the morontia spheres.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Seems some world of 600+ should have a dispensational every 20-50 years?

What does “some world of 600+” mean? I always thought dispensations happened in the thousands of years territory. Are you saying they’re less than a generation apart? I think I’m confused. Not the first time.

Sorry for the confusion….if every world of 600+ worlds has a dispensational resurrection every 1-5,000 years, then there is a dispensational event on Mansion World 1 every decade or more – not daily, monthly, or even yearly.  There are busy times and slow times.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Don’t overlook the possibility that a huge class might have just graduated to the constellation, at the time that number was tallied. Not having all the facts means we can’t speculate overmuch about the meaning of that number.

Richard E Warren

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Sorry for the confusion….if every world of 600+ worlds has a dispensational resurrection every 1-5,000 years, then there is a dispensational event on Mansion World 1 every decade or more – not daily, monthly, or even yearly.  There are busy times and slow times.

Oooooh, now I get it.  Thanks for the clarification.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 182 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.