200 Million Mortal Ascenders on Jerusem

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions 200 Million Mortal Ascenders on Jerusem

Viewing 2 posts - 181 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I think one of the most perceptive quotes in TUB related to this topic is this:

146:3.2 You should never forget that intolerance is the mask covering up the entertainment of secret doubts as to the trueness of one’s belief.

Perhaps those who fear that few will be saved are not really pretending to be spiritually superior, but rather covering up secret doubts concerning their own salvation.  The unsalvageable character they perceive in others might be what they really see in themselves, and this can cause uncertainty, not to mention some level of mental chaos.  I’m not sure what can be done about that though.  It seems the more you try to help, the more defensive and angry they get.  In some cases, at least.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

110:7.6 (1213.1) But with the vast majority of Urantians the Adjuster must patiently await the arrival of death deliverance; must await the liberation of the emerging soul from the well-nigh complete domination of the energy patterns and chemical forces inherent in your material order of existence. The chief difficulty you experience in contacting with your Adjusters consists in this very inherent material nature. So few mortals are real thinkers; you do not spiritually develop and discipline your minds to the point of favorable liaison with the divine Adjusters. The ear of the human mind is almost deaf to the spiritual pleas which the Adjuster translates from the manifold messages of the universal broadcasts of love proceeding from the Father of mercies. The Adjuster finds it almost impossible to register these inspiring spirit leadings in an animal mind so completely dominated by the chemical and electrical forces inherent in your physical natures.

I have always found the authors to be quite precise in their use of language and the construction of concepts, sentences, paragraphs, etc.  There is an intentionality it seems to me that is very thoughtful and ponderous…there is a weight as well as a cadence that is impressive.

The above quote does not say “…of those who survive…” nor “….of those few who survive….” but directly says the “…vast majority…must patiently await …..death deliverance.”  Hmmmmm……

The years of “silent sojourn” are typical on this world and in this mortal epoch and on all worlds and all the earlier epochs.  The “vast majority” of all who survive to the Mansion Worlds live short lives that are dominated by material isolation and the demands of our electro/chemical natures.  This is the very purpose of the Mansion Worlds!  To deliver the mortal to a new state of being that offers a much more direct communication between ascender and TA.

Is the universe fair?  Just?  Then does our brief existence and natural inability to communicate with or hear the voice of the TA mean our condemnation and failure to survive?  Who thinks this way?  By what teaching, text, or belief?

I find it ironic that it is by such minds that this claim of low survivor rates comes forth!!  The deaf and dumb who cannot hear the “…messages of the universal broadcasts of love proceeding from the Father of mercies…”, and declaring the lack of mercy and the condemning demands of creators and Deity which we fail to achieve and the doom which is our just reward!  Such nonsense!

Surely our God is greater than this?!  More compassionate, kind, understanding, patient, loving, paternal, and merciful??  I know of a book which certainly claims God is all of that…and far more!  It is that book we share here together!

110:7.7 (1213.2) Adjusters rejoice to make contact with the mortal mind; but they must be patient through the long years of silent sojourn during which they are unable to break through animal resistance and directly communicate with you. The higher the Thought Adjusters ascend in the scale of service, the more efficient they become. But never can they greet you, in the flesh, with the same full, sympathetic, and expressionful affection as they will when you discern them mind to mind on the mansion worlds.

110:7.8 (1213.3) During mortal life the material body and mind separate you from your Adjuster and prevent free communication; subsequent to death, after the eternal fusion, you and the Adjuster are one — you are not distinguishable as separate beings — and thus there exists no need for communication as you would understand it.

110:7.9 (1213.4) While the voice of the Adjuster is ever within you, most of you will hear it seldom during a lifetime. Human beings below the third and second circles of attainment rarely hear the Adjuster’s direct voice except in moments of supreme desire, in a supreme situation, and consequent upon a supreme decision.

I think one of the most perceptive quotes in TUB related to this topic is this:

146:3.2 You should never forget that intolerance is the mask covering up the entertainment of secret doubts as to the trueness of one’s belief.

Perhaps those who fear that few will be saved are not really pretending to be spiritually superior, but rather covering up secret doubts concerning their own salvation. The unsalvageable character they perceive in others might be what they really see in themselves, and this can cause uncertainty, not to mention some level of mental chaos. I’m not sure what can be done about that though. It seems the more you try to help, the more defensive and angry they get. In some cases, at least.

In our recent studies of the concept of “assurance”, I agree that this may be the case…those who fear for and doubt the survivability of others, especially so many others, may indeed truly lack the faith and truth assurance which is fundamental to Religion In Human Experience and The Real Nature of Religion of their own futures and status.  Such assurance is a principal ministry function and outcome of true religious experience.  It is the primal experience in children and primitives which delivers hope and trust and faith expressions.

To me it is the greatest example of God’s love for us…we are immediately and patiently and persistently enveloped in this feeling of belonging and caring and importance and eternal being and becoming.  This is the very cocoon for our entire mortal and religious lives, the dual nature is not its result but its very source…I AM!  I AM…loved.

I think it must be either this doubt or it can only be the other option discussed – spiritual pride…a sense of personal superiority which justifies a low opinion of others and a judgement that is typically human in its assessment and demands.  After all, it is the human mind that invented fear of God and eternal damnation and suffering and blood sacrifice and the abomination of atonement!  The human mind has a long history of making gods small and petty and all too human.  Take your pick….a sad affair in either case.

;-)

Viewing 2 posts - 181 through 182 (of 182 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.