200 Million Mortal Ascenders on Jerusem

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions 200 Million Mortal Ascenders on Jerusem

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    Cole
    Cole
    Participant

I tend to agree with Mark on this.  The requirements for salvation and then fusion/continued progress seem to be rigorous for most, at least according to the standards of our current society (by those standards, I have often had qualms about what led to the Adamic default and the fact that it could not be remedied by some means other than that ultimately chosen).

By faith we are saved (not belief).  And such is only faith when this belief is central to your existence.  And that distinction is important as might be noted by this statement:

101.8.1 A state of mind attains to faith levels only when it actually dominates the mode of living.

Survival….is stated herein as being predicated on whole-hearted desire and perfect willingness to do the Father’s divine will.  Now this could be survival after death or survival going forward.  Regardless, I would not guess that many could truthfully confirm their desire as such, at least now on this world.

3.5.15  Survival of the part is dependent on cooperation with the plan and purpose of the whole, the whole-hearted desire and perfect willingness to do the Father’s divine will.

What follows is a stark assessment. Perhaps most important is what is the upshot of this (?):

133.0.3  There are only two groups of mortals in the eyes of God: those who desire to do his will and those who do not.

Salvation is termed here as a progressive morontia transformation.  And you have to wonder, how many decide not to go further after the Mansion-Morontia Worlds.

101.9.9   Faith becomes the connection between moral consciousness and the spiritual concept of enduring reality. Religion becomes the avenue of man’s escape from the material limitations of the temporal and natural world to the supernal realities of the eternal and spiritual world by and through the technique of salvation, the progressive morontia transformation.

More words of Jesus…

141.6.4  Simply go forth proclaiming: This is the kingdom of heaven — God is your Father and you are his sons, and this good news, if you wholeheartedly believe it, is your eternal salvation.”

More words of Jesus:

166.3.4  Salvation is not for those who are unwilling to pay the price of wholehearted dedication to doing my Father’s will.  When in spirit and soul you have turned your backs upon the Father’s kingdom, it is useless in mind and body to stand before this door and knock, saying,’Lord, open to us; we would also be great in the kingdom. Then will I declare that you are not of my fold. I will not receive you to be among those who have fought the good fight of faith and won the reward of unselfish service in the kingdom on earth. And when you say,’Did we not eat and drink with you, and did you not teach in our streets?’ then shall I again declare that you are spiritual strangers; that we were not fellow servants in the Father’s ministry of mercy on earth; that I do not know you; and then shall the Judge of all the earth say to you:’Depart from us, all you who have taken delight in the works of iniquity.*

Path taken – or not taken…is your decision…but you must be a sincere seeker to enter the Kingdom.

166:3.3

“You also have another saying among you, and one that contains much truth: That the way which leads to eternal life is straight and narrow, that the door which leads thereto is likewise narrow so that, of those who seek salvation, few can find entrance through this door. You also have a teaching that the way which leads to destruction is broad, that the entrance thereto is wide, and that there are many who choose to go this way. And this proverb is not without its meaning. But I declare that salvation is first a matter of your personal choosing. Even if the door to the way of life is narrow, it is wide enough to admit all who sincerely seek to enter, for I am that door. And the Son will never refuse entrance to any child of the universe who, by faith, seeks to find the Father through the Son.

More Jesus:

147.3.3  Verily, verily, I say to you: He who hears the gospel of the kingdom and believes in this teaching of sonship with God, has eternal life; already are such believers passing from judgment and death to light and life. And the hour is coming in which even those who are in the tombs shall hear the voice of the resurrection.”

The Book seems to indicate that a limited number survive, IMO.  But you could read some statements to indicate the possibility that more do make it.  I can see a scenario where many survive initially and then decide not to proceed because it will be a very, very, very long and arduous journey (how long is a topic for another post).

Another thought… is it possible that many/some could survive and decide, because they realize….I now know for sure that Jesus is the Way, he is the ruler of this Local Universe…and I never did like him.

The 200 Million noted on Jerusem cannot be easily dismissed, IMO.  Jerusem seems to be like the narrow point of a lop-sided hourglass.  Satania can be likened to a system or even (crudely) a process line on the small side of that hourglass.  Yes there can be large reservoirs of sleeping survivors in some areas….but taken as a whole, as a system…there is still the reality that at that one choke point where ascenders are released to proceed…the number of survivors seems very small.   And….established systems tend to normalize with infrequent excursions beyond the standard deviation at any point.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The board is broken again. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF ANOTHER REALLY GOOD CONVERSATION.  And yes, I am yelling this time.  This is very frustrating folks.  :-(

Cole
    Cole
    Participant

Hmmm…. must be.  I put up a long post yesterday and do not see it.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

I saved posts from both of you, from yesterday. If you want copies, say so.

Richard E Warren

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Also looking forward to the retrieval and post by Cole!!  Cole – suggest always copying post prior to “Submit”.  Also verify post is there before logging out.  Also, when my posts occasionally disappear, I’ll back-button TO my post-page and re-submit.  This happens time to time but the Mods will find your post and get it up soon…..

Back to the topic:

If we consider Jerusem as the lid on an upside-down squeeze-bottle (ketchup?) and we consider 200 million units of ascenders in that lid, we should consider the size of the bottle and how many units of ascenders it might hold.  There are many hints in the UB that might easily indicate the size of this jug is many hundreds of billions!!  Besides the 7 Mansion Worlds, there are 49 more spheres where ascenders reside.  Lots of text on the sizes of all these spheres….the satellites being the size of Urantia with 7 billion souls living on 5% or less of the surface here…consider no oceans, deserts, Antarctica, etc…..how many people would fit on our world if architectural?

What if there are 10,000 ascenders per ascendant resident on Jerusem, then there would be 2,000,000,000,000 (2 trillion).  Back with text on support of such conjecture!!  Papers 45-48 are filled with very large numbers and capacities!

47:0.1 (530.1) THE Creator Son, when on Urantia, spoke of the “many mansions in the Father’s universe.” In a certain sense, all fifty-six of the encircling worlds of Jerusem are devoted to the transitional culture of ascending mortals, but the seven satellites of world number one are more specifically known as the mansion worlds.

45:0.1 (509.1) THE administrative center of Satania consists of a cluster of architectural spheres, fifty-seven in number — Jerusem itself, the seven major satellites, and the forty-nine subsatellites. Jerusem, the system capital, is almost one hundred times the size of Urantia, although its gravity is a trifle less. Jerusem’s major satellites are the seven transition worlds, each of which is about ten times as large as Urantia, while the seven subsatellites of these transition spheres are just about the size of Urantia.

45:0.2 (509.2) The seven mansion worlds are the seven subsatellites of transition world number one.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

We are told there are “several million” Morontia Companions on MW1 (47:3.11 (534.3) and there is one MC per company of 1,000 ascenders (47:3.12 (534.4).  And there are “billions and billions” of Mansion World Teachers in Satania alone!!  And there are the Transition Ministers and the Morontia Progressors (unnumbered so far as I can tell…but many indeed!).

I am quite skeptical of the mathematical formulas utilized by those who claim here that survival is a rare thing….even early in the Mortal Epochs but especially after the Son’s Spirit and the flood tides of TA’s are gifted to a world.

And if there are 1 trillion (or more) survivors ON the Mansion Worlds or within the capital spheres of Satania – how many sleeping survivors remain in slumber?  Another 3-6 trillion?  All speculatively represented by 200 million ascendant residents of Jerusam.

My math may be off by a great deal….but it is no more optimistic than the pessimism here of others!!

And from whence might such pessimism come from?  Surely not the 5th Epochal Revelation of hope and faith in the love foundation of this friendly universe.  Pessimism in the future of any souls and any worlds is a peculiarly human trait.

There are many students who take considerable time to discern the differences in that which brings survival of soul and that which is required for fusion and eternal standing….and it is that difference which is the very purpose of the Mansion Worlds!!!

48:8.3 (558.1) The mortal-survival plan has a practical and serviceable objective; you are not the recipients of all this divine labor and painstaking training only that you may survive just to enjoy endless bliss and eternal ease. There is a goal of transcendent service concealed beyond the horizon of the present universe age. If the Gods designed merely to take you on one long and eternal joy excursion, they certainly would not so largely turn the whole universe into one vast and intricate practical training school, requisition a substantial part of the celestial creation as teachers and instructors, and then spend ages upon ages piloting you, one by one, through this gigantic universe school of experiential training. The furtherance of the scheme of mortal progression seems to be one of the chief businesses of the present organized universe, and the majority of innumerable orders of created intelligences are either directly or indirectly engaged in advancing some phase of this progressive perfection plan.

;-)

Moderator-1
    Moderator-1

Hmmm…. must be.  I put up a long post yesterday and do not see it.

Your post was lodged in the spam folder. Now it is at the top of this page.

Cheers

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

And from whence might such pessimism come from?  Surely not the 5th Epochal Revelation of hope and faith in the love foundation of this friendly universe.  Pessimism in the future of any souls and any worlds is a peculiarly human trait.

That’s for sure.  I believe that almost everyone in our current era gets an opportunity to awaken on mansion world number one.  I agree there are some folks who let their souls die before physical death, but I strongly believe that number is very, very small. What happens after resurrection, I cannot say, but at least folks get the opportunity to know without guessing that eternal survival is possible.  As we live here on earth, we take this by faith.  Once a person wakes up in the resurrection chamber, equipped with a new mind to think with and friendly helpers whom they can see and hear, attitudes are bound to change.  Not all will want it, I’m sure; but I am sure  they will be given ample time and opportunities to ensure that the decision is with full knowledge and wholehearted.  I’m very optimistic about that.

George Park
    Participant

The Book seems to indicate that a limited number survive, IMO. But you could read some statements to indicate the possibility that more do make it.

Those who hope for eternal life must necessarily have a very personal interest in the answer to the question: Will few or many survive? So, what would be the emotional consequences, if the Book actually gave us a definitive answer to this question? If survival is an inheritance to which every mortal is entitled by birth, wouldn’t most then feel that it is simply their due? Wouldn’t we reason that a half-hearted faith or even a fleeting flicker of faith is more than sufficient, since the infinite mercy of God will more than make up for any and all of our spiritual deficits, when we come before the Ancients of Days? If salvation is given in response to even “the thoughtless secularism of the man in the street,” who rarely if ever thinks about or seeks God, then what urgency should anyone feel to strive to obtain what is given to almost everyone?

If, on the other hand, the Book informed us that only a few mortals have enough faith to merit survival, wouldn’t this be greatly discouraging? Wouldn’t most worry about the whether or not their faith is sufficient? In times past, this sort of eschatological belief has led to various debilitating forms of what has been called “salvation panic.” If salvation is only for those few God-knowing creatures [who] have only one supreme ambition, just one consuming desire, and that is to become, as they are in their spheres, like him as he is in his Paradise perfection of personality and in his universal sphere of righteous supremacy,” (1:0.3) then who can really be certain they are truly worthy of salvation?

It seems that neither Jesus nor the Book give a definite answer to this question, because they do not want to provoke either of these adverse emotions. They do not want to encourage either a thoughtless complacency or a mindless panic over the problem of salvation. Rather than responding directly to this question posed by the material intellect, they instead direct our attention toward the spiritual feeling of personal assurance in the soul which arises from a living and growing faith.

Can you not advance in your concept of God’s dealing with man to that level where you recognize that the watchword of the universe is progress? (4:1.2)

Cole
    Cole
    Participant

There is a lot to comment but will look at just a few points.  Like Mark, I do think that the ultimate number of survivors, at least at this point in time, could be small. And it could be that many will drop out along the way.  We are often told that the eternal journey is a long, long road (5.1.1).

Regarding the 100 Million on Jerusem, Bradly gives the analogy of a ketchup bottle.  I like it…I had pictured an hourglass with one side inflated but I think his image is better.  The key is that if there are great numbers sleeping or otherwise “pent up”, Jerusem is apparently a significant constriction point for those leaving the system. Why, I don’t know.

Bradly notes:

We are told there are several million Morontia Companions on MW1 (47:3.11) (534.3) and there is one MC per company of 1,000 ascenders (47:3.12) (534.4).  And there are billions and billions of Mansion World Teachers in Satania alone!!  And there are the Transition Ministers and the Morontia Progressors (unnumbered so far as I can tell but many indeed!).

I see that the quote says, “…there are several million on the morontia worlds of Satania.”  Let us assume that “several million” MCs is 5 million. I think most would agree that that is a reasonable estimate. I  saw where one online dictionary gave 4 or 5 as specific examples of “several”.  And, the MCs do apparently have other duties beyond being associate and guides.  If we have 5 million MCs, and we assign every one of them to guide a group of 1,000 unique ascenders, we would have something on the order of 5 billion ascenders under their tutelage/guidance on the Mansion-Morontia worlds of Satania. How long does the sojourn on these worlds last? We don’t know but IMO it could be a few thousand years….or somewhat less (this is quite speculative).  For some, e.g. Andon and Fonta, it could be much longer.

Ultimately we get back to the average population at some point of time on each of the 619 inhabited worlds of the system (and then the total for all of the worlds therein). We are deemed a world slightly less than average in size yet our population now exceeds 7 billion.  Perhaps on a “normal” world with high-level guidance/communication this number would average out somewhere around 3 billion (but perhaps it would be 10 billion?).  We just don’t know.  Our world is unique, but obviously the population is increasing in this era.  But if 3 billion is a reasonable number, possibly a conservative estimate, we are looking at something on the order of 2 trillion mortals on the 619 (or more now) inhabited worlds of the system.  I’ll readily admit, this estimate is very speculative…but at the same time, I believe that there are some jumping off points provided by the book to get this ballpark estimate, or at least to get into the neighborhood.

And then we have the question of how many of those that survive are sleeping?  I would argue that it really doesn’t make a lot of difference in the Satania morontia system as a whole – over time.  The morontia system is “fed” by the regular input of these persons from various worlds, so that over time, “normal” system conditions (counts) will prevail (and we are dealing with a great amount of time, at least from our mortal prospective).  Assume that our local system is like a large university system that receives students.  In the Fall, they get students in large groups. In other periods of the year, they will pick up smaller additions.  When averaged out over time, the university system maintains a fairly stable student population within any major or college that will rarely exceed…..say 2 standard deviations.

If 200 million persons is an average mansion-morontia world population for Jerusem and this number is extrapolated to each of the 49 worlds, the system typically holds about 10 billion persons in “active process”. The population for the sleeping survivor population at any time is difficult to evaluate.  IF this population is 100 billion (10X the 49 morontia world population)….and the total living population of the 619 worlds is on the order of 2 trillion persons, we have an initial survival rate in the ballpark area of 5%.

I will readily admit, all of this is speculation.  But even if the survival rate is doubled or tripled, it is still (probably) relatively small.  Now all of that will slowly change for the better as our system moves further into Light and Life.  Survival numbers will increase.  In a manner of speaking, the individual world survival rate history probably roughly mimics the system survival rate (with Urantia exceptions for our special issues). On our planet, most mortals did not receive a TA until after Pentecost and the bestowal of the Spirit of Truth (108.2.3).  For most of the past 1 million years, survival rates must have been very small, probably mostly due to the absence of these spiritual influences.  Now that is slowly improving.  We are told that evolution is a very effective method for achieving true growth.

In closing, I consider myself an “eternal” optimist. I just think that, realistically, the numbers that survive at this early time in the history of Satania (and certainly on our planet) are not large.   And we must recognize the reality of that….it is the way the evolutionary plan works – things improve over time.  And thus, the numbers will grow as we and other system worlds evolve.  At some very distant time, Urantia, and indeed the whole system, will see a survival rate of 100%.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

On our planet, most mortals did not receive a TA until after Pentecost and the bestowal of the Spirit of Truth (108.2.3).

(1187.2) 108:2.3 Thus is the stage of the human mind set for the reception of Adjusters, but as a general rule they do not immediately appear to indwell such minds except on those worlds where the Spirit of Truth is functioning as a spiritual co-ordinator of these different spirit ministries. If this spirit of the bestowal Sons is present, the Adjusters unfailingly come the instant the seventh adjutant mind-spirit begins to function and signalizes to the Universe Mother Spirit that it has achieved in potential the co-ordination of the associated six adjutants of prior ministry to such a mortal intellect. Therefore have the divine Adjusters been universally bestowed upon all normal minds of moral status on Urantia ever since the day of Pentecost.

The quote says TA’s didn’t immediately indwell prior to the presence of the SOT. It is not mentioned anywhere that TA’s either NEVER or RARELY EVER indwelled under such circumstances.  It was just not an event automatic with entry into the 7th psychic circle, as it is now.  I don’t think you can extrapolate, as you did, that most mortals did not receive TA’s prior to the arrival of the SOT.

George Park
    Participant

The quote says TA’s didn’t immediately indwell prior to the presence of the SOT. It is not mentioned anywhere that TA’s either NEVER or RARELY EVER indwelled under such circumstances. It was just not an event automatic with entry into the 7th psychic circle, as it is now.

Actually, it is stated in the Book that prior to the Spirit of Truth, Thought Adjusters did not indwell some and only indwelt some others on the personal petition of the individual.

In many of the early evolutionary races of Urantia, three groups of beings existed. There were those who were so animalistic that they were utterly lacking in Adjuster capacity. There were those who exhibited undoubted capacity for Adjusters and promptly received them when the age of moral responsibility was attained. There was a third class who occupied a borderline position; they had capacity for Adjuster reception, but the Monitors could only indwell the mind on the personal petition of the individual. (109:3.7)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

On our planet, most mortals did not receive a TA until after Pentecost and the bestowal of the Spirit of Truth (108.2.3).

(1187.2) 108:2.3 Thus is the stage of the human mind set for the reception of Adjusters, but as a general rule they do not immediately appear to indwell such minds except on those worlds where the Spirit of Truth is functioning as a spiritual co-ordinator of these different spirit ministries. If this spirit of the bestowal Sons is present, the Adjusters unfailingly come the instant the seventh adjutant mind-spirit begins to function and signalizes to the Universe Mother Spirit that it has achieved in potential the co-ordination of the associated six adjutants of prior ministry to such a mortal intellect. Therefore have the divine Adjusters been universally bestowed upon all normal minds of moral status on Urantia ever since the day of Pentecost.

The quote says TA’s didn’t immediately indwell prior to the presence of the SOT. It is not mentioned anywhere that TA’s either NEVER or RARELY EVER indwelled under such circumstances. It was just not an event automatic with entry into the 7th psychic circle, as it is now. I don’t think you can extrapolate, as you did, that most mortals did not receive TA’s prior to the arrival of the SOT.

Indeed Bonita (and George!)!!

The very first humans had TA’s (as did many of their progeny)!!  Enoch and Elijah even translated in this brief life here!  Many people received their TA’s prior to Pentecost. The list of the 24 Counselors includes others but not just the holiest or most enlightened humans did so….it was not uncommon at all!

63:6.9 (717.1) Although both Andon and Fonta had received Thought Adjusters, as had many of their descendants, it was not until the days of Onagar that the Adjusters and guardian seraphim came in great numbers to Urantia. This was, indeed, the golden age of primitive man.

45:4.13 (514.3) 11. Enoch, the first of the mortals of Urantia to fuse with the Thought Adjuster during the mortal life in the flesh.

45:4.14 (514.4) 12. Moses, the emancipator of a remnant of the submerged violet race and the instigator of the revival of the worship of the Universal Father under the name of “The God of Israel.”

45:4.15 (514.5) 13. Elijah, a translated soul of brilliant spiritual achievement during the post-Material Son age.

What follows is a stark assessment. Perhaps most important is what is the upshot of this (?): 133.0.3 There are only two groups of mortals in the eyes of God: those who desire to do his will and those who do not.

Another point of clarification:  this quote above does not describe humans on their native planet exclusively.  It’s my understanding that the term “mortal” follows all mortal-born ascenders to the very shores of Paradise!

Such misunderstandings that have been posted here seem to be causing great confusion for some:

1.  That which is required for fusion is not required for survival.

2.  TA’s are widely available and present long before the Mortal Epoch which delivers the Son’s Spirit.

3.  That the term mortal only describes beings prior to mortality is still another misstatement/misunderstanding of the text.

Ahhhhh…..the very point and purpose of such a study group.  Orientation, perspective by triangulation, paradigm shifts, relinquishing personal misconception and prejudice….such great fruit for the feasting!

If 200 million persons is an average mansion-morontia world population for Jerusem and this number is extrapolated to each of the 49 worlds, the system typically holds about 10 billion persons in “active process”. The population for the sleeping survivor population at any time is difficult to evaluate. IF this population is 100 billion (10X the 49 morontia world population)….and the total living population of the 619 worlds is on the order of 2 trillion persons, we have an initial survival rate in the ballpark area of 5%.

If by “initial survival rate” you mean 3rd Circlers, then I would suggest your short on your factor by a factor of close to 20 sleeping, slumbering survivors.  Do you mean to propose that Urantia has as many 3rds as sleepers?  Doubt it.  And don’t forget that many who are 3rds  and fuse prior to Jerusem do not tarry there long as citizens…another wild card and there are many to consider.  I fear you/we cannot do more than consider such calculations as more than mere speculation.  The real point here is the perspective of the speculator and the proposition or conclusion they hope to confirm by such speculation.   Your inference is clear but your factors are not aligned with any degree of accuracy with the text itself….which distorts your speculations as well as your proposition that survival is rare.

Have you read yet the topics I provided links for?  Some very informative text on the definitions (and there are many) of ‘faith’ and its expressions and the difficult topic of love response as well.  All love comes from God…all love response and the giving of it to another is an expression of faith….blind faith perhaps but faith nonetheless.  Personal religious experience is not confined to or defined by beliefs or understandings of the mind so much as this love response and the tender feelings of little children or primitives or barbarians for others regardless of whether the TA is present or not.  TA’s are not required for religious experience and there are so many forms and flavors of that!

Regarding perspective, I am reminded of this from one of my favorite papers – Religion in Human Experience:

100:4.5 (1098.2) In the mind’s eye conjure up a picture of one of your primitive ancestors of cave-dwelling times — a short, misshapen, filthy, snarling hulk of a man standing, legs spread, club upraised, breathing hate and animosity as he looks fiercely just ahead. Such a picture hardly depicts the divine dignity of man. But allow us to enlarge the picture. In front of this animated human crouches a saber-toothed tiger. Behind him, a woman and two children. Immediately you recognize that such a picture stands for the beginnings of much that is fine and noble in the human race, but the man is the same in both pictures. Only, in the second sketch you are favored with a widened horizon. You therein discern the motivation of this evolving mortal. His attitude becomes praiseworthy because you understand him. If you could only fathom the motives of your associates, how much better you would understand them. If you could only know your fellows, you would eventually fall in love with them. *

Behold the noble mortal portrayed in the UB.  Primitives with ghost fears and fetishes are described lovingly in the UB as true religionists.  We must be willing to expand our perspectives of religion, faith, love, and survival potential as much as our view of the grand universe of universes.  This, we are taught, is a friendly universe and whose Creator loves each and every being and gives us patience and mercy along with this profound love.

We are not to measure any other being’s religious life or experience or status by our own.  Those who fear a small survival rate and those who believe in a great success rate offer very contrasting views not only of humanity but also of all the ministering spirits of the Father, Son, and Mother and their mercy ministry and patience and the ascension plan itself.  Let us trust them to their good work.

Sorry if I sound even the least bit scolding.  But if the 4th was the Good News, the 5th is even better and far more Good News.  It is not a warning but a celebration of our planetary evolutionary progress and the wondrous victory of the Spirit of Truth on our world today.  Or so I believe.  Yahoo and Yipee!!

;-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The quote says TA’s didn’t immediately indwell prior to the presence of the SOT. It is not mentioned anywhere that TA’s either NEVER or RARELY EVER indwelled under such circumstances. It was just not an event automatic with entry into the 7th psychic circle, as it is now.

Actually, it is stated in the Book that prior to the Spirit of Truth, Thought Adjusters did not indwell some and only indwelt some others on the personal petition of the individual.

In many of the early evolutionary races of Urantia, three groups of beings existed. There were those who were so animalistic that they were utterly lacking in Adjuster capacity. There were those who exhibited undoubted capacity for Adjusters and promptly received them when the age of moral responsibility was attained. There was a third class who occupied a borderline position; they had capacity for Adjuster reception, but the Monitors could only indwell the mind on the personal petition of the individual. (109:3.7)

Early on in human evolution there was already a whole group of people who had undoubted capacity for Adjuster indwelling.  That’s pretty impressive. Here’s another explanation of the reasons for Adjuster indwelling prior to the SOT arrival:

(1187.4) 108:2.5 Before the times of the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon the inhabitants of an evolutionary world, the Adjusters’ bestowal appears to be determined by many spirit influences and personality attitudes. We do not fully comprehend the laws governing such bestowals; we do not understand just what determines the release of the Adjusters who have volunteered to indwell such evolving minds. But we do observe numerous influences and conditions which appear to be associated with the arrival of the Adjusters in such minds prior to the bestowal of the Spirit of Truth, and they are:

(1187.5) 108:2.6 1. The assignment of personal seraphic guardians. If a mortal has not been previously indwelt by an Adjuster, the assignment of a personal guardian brings the Adjuster forthwith. There exists some very definite but unknown relation between the ministry of Adjusters and the ministry of personal seraphic guardians.

(1187.6) 108:2.7 2. The attainment of the third circle of intellectual achievement and spiritual attainment. I have observed Adjusters arrive in mortal minds upon the conquest of the third circle even before such an accomplishment could be signalized to the local universe personalities concerned with such matters.

(1187.7) 108:2.8 3. Upon the making of a supreme decision of unusual spiritual import. Such human behavior in a personal planetary crisis usually is attended by the immediate arrival of the waiting Adjuster.

(1187.8) 108:2.9 4. The spirit of brotherhood. Regardless of the attainment of the psychic circles and the assignment of personal guardians — in the absence of anything resembling a crisis decision — when an evolving mortal becomes dominated by the love of his fellows and consecrated to unselfish ministry to his brethren in the flesh, the waiting Adjuster unvaryingly descends to indwell the mind of such a mortal minister.

(1188.1) 108:2.10 5. Declaration of intention to do the will of God. We observe that many mortals on the worlds of space may be apparently in readiness to receive Adjusters, and yet the Monitors do not appear. We go on watching such creatures as they live from day to day, and presently they quietly, almost unconsciously, arrive at the decision to begin the pursuit of the doing of the will of the Father in heaven. And then we observe the immediate dispatch of the Thought Adjusters.

(1188.2) 108:2.11 6. Influence of the Supreme Being. On worlds where the Adjusters do not fuse with the evolving souls of the mortal inhabitants, we observe Adjusters sometimes bestowed in response to influences which are wholly beyond our comprehension. We conjecture that such bestowals are determined by some cosmic reflex action originating in the Supreme Being. As to why these Adjusters can not or do not fuse with these certain types of evolving mortal minds we do not know. Such transactions have never been revealed to us.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

What follows is a stark assessment. Perhaps most important is what is the upshot of this (?):

133.0.3  There are only two groups of mortals in the eyes of God: those who desire to do his will and those who do not.

Here’s the whole quote for reference:

(1468.3) 133:0.3 One day while resting at lunch, about halfway to Tarentum, Ganid asked Jesus a direct question as to what he thought of India’s caste system. Said Jesus: “Though human beings differ in many ways, the one from another, before God and in the spiritual world all mortals stand on an equal footing. There are only two groups of mortals in the eyes of God: those who desire to do his will and those who do not. As the universe looks upon an inhabited world, it likewise discerns two great classes: those who know God and those who do not. Those who cannot know God are reckoned among the animals of any given realm. Mankind can appropriately be divided into many classes in accordance with differing qualifications, as they may be viewed physically, mentally, socially, vocationally, or morally, but as these different classes of mortals appear before the judgment bar of God, they stand on an equal footing; God is truly no respecter of persons. Although you cannot escape the recognition of differential human abilities and endowments in matters intellectual, social, and moral, you should make no such distinctions in the spiritual brotherhood of men when assembled for worship in the presence of God.”

Nowhere does it say that those who do not desire to do God’s will are any less loved than those who do.  It also does not say that they will fail to survive, or are even unlikely to survive.  It is quite possible that the group that does not desire to do God’s will actually get more attention than the one which does, because they would have less love in their nature and would be in need of receiving more, as explained in this quote:

(1739:06) 156:5.11 You are destined to live a narrow and mean life if you learn to love only those who love you. Human love may indeed be reciprocal, but divine love is outgoing in all its satisfaction-seeking. The less of love in any creature’s nature, the greater the love need, and the more does divine love seek to satisfy such need. Love is never self-seeking, and it cannot be self-bestowed. Divine love cannot be self-contained; it must be unselfishly bestowed.

Who knows, at some point this love-needy group may turn around and begin to heed the inner call of love.  It’s not for us to judge these things. But when it comes to love, we know what is expected of us who desire to do God’s will.  Be no respecter of persons . . . don’t live a narrow and mean life by loving only those who have a desire to do God’s will (those who love us back).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 182 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.