Urantia Book eugenics

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Urantia Book eugenics

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I was looking for an indirect UB reference to eugenics but cant find it –

Perhaps it is inaccurate to use the term eugenics at all related to the UB?  Try the papers on the mortal epochs and most of the history papers include stories about color based evolution.  Cannibalism and genocide were largely replaced by slavery…and that is a long story of amalgamation without wisdom….but definite results!!  Some links for study:

Amalgamate:

Search The Urantia Book

Amalgamation:

Search The Urantia Book

Amalgamated:

Search The Urantia Book

:good:

Not Good!!!   :-(    Links won’t post…don’t waste your time above.  Until repaired I’m going to use the Foundation’s Search Engine – not as good but links post at least….frustrating!  Do your own search here or use links below:

http://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/amalgamation%20OR%20amalgamated

http://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/amalgamate

http://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/blended%20%2B%20races

By the way, Jesus was born in a place and to a people that were the most amalgamated on the planet (and definitely not white by the way).  Racial ‘purity’ is an absurd fiction and defies universe patterns.  My whiteness will be getting a lot ‘browner’ over the centuries to come.  I believe the UB says the Mediterranean ‘olive’ tone is closer to the expected ‘color’ of the eventual human race – the only race on the world.

;-)

I forgot admixed OR admixture:

http://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/admixed%20OR%20admixture       :-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

By the way, Jesus was born in a place and to a people that were the most amalgamated on the planet (and definitely not white by the way).

Jesus was born into the race with the largest Adamic endowment, or said differently, the race with the largest amount of Adamic amalgamation.

21.4.3 In the final bestowal a Creator Son appears as a member of one of the higher mortal races on some inhabited world, usually as a member of that racial group which contains the largest hereditary legacy of the Adamic stock which has previously been imported to upstep the physical status of the animal-origin peoples.

The Hebrews were a remnant of the violet race.

45:4.14 12. Moses, the emancipator of a remnant of the submerged violet race and the instigator of the revival of the worship of the Universal Father under the name of “The God of Israel.”

Gene
    Participant

I was looking for an indirect UB reference to eugenics but cant find it –

Perhaps it is inaccurate to use the term eugenics at all related to the UB? Try the papers on the mortal epochs and most of the history papers include stories about color based evolution. Cannibalism and genocide were largely replaced by slavery…and that is a long story of amalgamation without wisdom….but definite results!! Some links for study: Amalgamate:

Search The Urantia Book

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Search The Urantia Book” — Urantia Association” src=”https://urantia-association.org/search/embed/#?secret=z3ISktDmlw&#8221; width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”z3ISktDmlw” data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe> Amalgamation:

Search The Urantia Book

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Search The Urantia Book” — Urantia Association” src=”https://urantia-association.org/search/embed/#?secret=5bR2nGqKnn&#8221; width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”5bR2nGqKnn” data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe> Amalgamated:

Search The Urantia Book

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Search The Urantia Book” — Urantia Association” src=”https://urantia-association.org/search/embed/#?secret=eMelqzlPd9&#8243; width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”eMelqzlPd9″ data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe> :good: Not Good!!! :-( Links won’t post…don’t waste your time above. Until repaired I’m going to use the Foundation’s Search Engine – not as good but links post at least….frustrating! Do your own search here or use links below: http://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/amalgamation%20OR%20amalgamated http://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/amalgamate http://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/blended%20%2B%20races By the way, Jesus was born in a place and to a people that were the most amalgamated on the planet (and definitely not white by the way). Racial ‘purity’ is an absurd fiction and defies universe patterns. My whiteness will be getting a lot ‘browner’ over the centuries to come. I believe the UB says the Mediterranean ‘olive’ tone is closer to the expected ‘color’ of the eventual human race – the only race on the world. ;-) I forgot admixed OR admixture: http://www.urantia.org/search/book_search/admixed%20OR%20admixture :-)

Well I am comfortable with my amalgamation and do not look forward to changing it any time soon as evidenced by kids, grand and great grandkids. Any changes should be the result of wise choices based more on traits and characteristics as opposed to simple skin color imho – all based on what my parents taught me and what I have passed on to the family. Political correctness would have me skinned but there is value here that skinning won’t make go away.

What I am learning here is that eugenics is not simply creating one skin color, its much more complicated than that. Although one skin color appears to be our destiny.

All requires wise choices and decisions that I just do not see happening anywhere.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

We are all genetic cousins already.

And yet the evolutionary plan encompasses a group of angels who work for the conservation of the evolutionary races on our world.

(1255.8)114:6.9 5. The angels of the races. Those who work for the conservation of the evolutionary races of time, regardless of their political entanglements and religious groupings. On Urantia there are remnants of nine human races which have commingled and combined into the people of modern times. These seraphim are closely associated with the ministry of the race commissioners, and the group now on Urantia is the original corps assigned to the planet soon after the day of Pentecost.

And what is the work of the race commissioners and the racial interpreters on our confused planet?

(553.3)48:6.22 2. Racial Interpreters. All races of mortal beings are not alike. True, there is a planetary pattern running through the physical, mental, and spiritual natures and tendencies of the various races of a given world; but there are also distinct racial types, and very definite social tendencies characterize the offspring of these different basic types of human beings. On the worlds of time the seraphic racial interpreters further the efforts of the race commissioners to harmonize the varied viewpoints of the races, and they continue to function on the mansion worlds, where these same differences tend to persist in a measure. On a confused planet, such as Urantia, these brilliant beings have hardly had a fair opportunity to function, but they are the skillful sociologists and the wise ethnic advisers of the first heaven.

Apparently racial issues persist on the first mansion world.  Notice they use the words *viewpoints of the races*.  This phrase informs me that *viewpoints* on M1 have not yet yielded insight into the truth of  cousinhood, otherwise known as brotherhood.  Perhaps ascenders must achieve brotherly love on M1.

(411.3)37:5.5 The High Commissioners begin their service on the planets as race commissioners. In this capacity they interpret the viewpoints and portray the needs of the various human races. They are supremely devoted to the welfare of the mortal races whose spokesmen they are, ever seeking to obtain for them mercy, justice, and fair treatment in all relationships with other peoples. Race commissioners function in an endless series of planetary crises and serve as the articulate expression of whole groups of struggling mortals.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

What I am learning here is that eugenics is not simply creating one skin color, its much more complicated than that. Although one skin color appears to be our destiny.

Indeed!!  As Bonita points out, the amalgamation and admixing of the 9 races of Urantia has one very positive result – the elimination of one reason (a bad, immature, unwise) for conflict on planet!

As Mara points out, each of those 9 offers important elements of value to the amalgamation process and result…elements which seem to persist in some degree to the Mansion Worlds…are these different than the ‘vestiges’ I wonder?

Thanks Enno for the topic…hope you are getting some insights on how to deal with this topic when someone decides to make it contentious and falsifies the teachings into a discussion of modern racisms.

;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

It is interesting to note that at wiki the term eugenics did not become popularized until 1937 – and it is described in two forms; positive (increased procreation of those with ‘desirable’ traits) and negative (sterilization of ‘undesirable’ trait carriers or reduced/managed procreation) and then came another option about the same time – genocide – by the Nazi’s ultimate “solution” example of hysterical hate based violence.

I think both the positive and negative forms are employed on normal worlds by celestial leadership but with great wisdom, experience, kindness, patience, and love.  We have no such concept on the world today.

Bio uplifting appears to have originated with the Greeks in modern times (last 3000 years) but the term is 20th century.  And boy did it get off to a bad start!

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant
    Thanks Enno for the topic…hope you are getting some insights on how to deal with this topic when someone decides to make it contentious and falsifies the teachings into a discussion of modern racisms. ;-)
    Yes I am. I’m following along, but I’m unusually tied down right now. Lots of good stuff from you all to consider.
    Thanks everyone.
    I’m beginning to realize that it’s best to hold back and not press too much when confronted with contentiousness regarding the Urantia Book. Some out there are receptive and kind, while others go right to war about it. You know, Saddler wrote it, aliens wrote it, the you know who wrote it, etc. There are some out there with big chips on their shoulders regarding anything that has to do with God. I’m learning to steer around them.
    Gene
    Participant

As the Nazis, hatred and modern day racism has been brought up I have my personal opinions about it.

Skin color to me is not as big of an issue as the PC police would have us believe. Think about it – what was one of the first things that the Nazis did when they were organizing – they shut down free speech complaining that they were a persecuted minority so anyone that said anything bad about Nazis were dealt with in much the same way that modern day racists (better known as PC police) are doing it.

Political correctness is the resurection of the Nazis IMHO. And forced integration is the root cause of what some would call racism. Face it, not everyone wants to integrate nor are all amalgamated races compatible. Governments or political movements or anarchists cannot create brotherly love.

Although the Urantia Book teaches us that we will be almost one skin color near the begining of the era of light and life, I do not believe that different skin colors is necessarily a reason for conflict. I don’t think there is any law that states there must be conflict with different skin colors. Thats unnecessary baggage that we as a human race have control of if we desire.

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant
    …There are some out there with big chips on their shoulders regarding anything that has to do with God. I’m learning to steer around them.
    Very wise, Van Amadon. You bring to mind the Master teacher’s sage advice:

…Said Jesus: “Give the milk of truth to those who are babes in spiritual perception. In your living and loving ministry serve spiritual food in attractive form and suited to the capacity of receptivity of each of your inquirers….” (1474:2) 133:4.2

…Jesus introduced the evening’s conference by saying. “My beloved, you must always make a difference in teaching so as to suit your presentation of truth to the minds and hearts before you….” (1692:0) 151:3.1

Richard E Warren

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

There does seem to be a common thread with the angry at God types. They list their various grievances, God kills children, child sacrifice, the flood etc. Lots of stuff from the OT. Then sometimes they go there with how God even had his perfect Son killed for the sins of bad people and so forth.

Although in general, there is quite the resistance when issues like Urantia Book authorship, race and eugenics comes up, so far, when I’ve presented them with the true and simple message of Jesus’s gospel, the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man in a correcting or restating fashion in response to their complaints of how they won’t follow the Jesus of Christianity, surprisingly, I have yet to hear any blow back about that. Actually, there hasn’t been any response, which tells me they’re being receptive.

It does seem to me that something is up. It feels like there is a much better atmosphere out there for the reception of the true gospel. People want solace, or perhaps need it in these unsettling times and I think when they hear a straightforward presentation of who Jesus actually is, they are relieved. I simply tell them to look at Jesus when they tell me they cannot see God.

At least no one has argued with me about the heart of Jesus, based on what I’ve told them the Urantia Book tells us about him, and that is comforting.

Gene
    Participant

Is it a gene that contributes to someone making the decision to take that feel good pill that aids their escape from reality and can lead to tragedy for more people than themselves? My 1970’s TUB experience days I knew poeple that took psychedelics and would try to explain to me how it was really true that they were taken up in spaceships (invisible to me of course) to have a one on one with the local universe helpers etc. Was that a defective gene? Taking a tangent here – I read so much about all of the beings that inhabit our local universe that are committed to helping us in so many different capacities and we cannot even see or hear or otherwise contact one of them. Isolation is a beach. Isolation is hurting us.

I’ve prayed for this isolation you’re talking about Gene to end more than any other thing I’ve prayed for I think. How long O’Lord? The book is awesome but it does seem to me more and more every day that the time has arrived for somebody from on high to appear on the scene to help us get out of the hole the leaders of this world keep digging deeper and deeper to what seems like sure oblivion. God help us please.

Sorry to change the subject of eugenics (that should be a comfort) and Ill use Vans quote on this as Iv been thinking more about this isolation business and came up with a consoling thought. Its about the beings that are actually assigned or stationed on our planet. On our planet means just that. On, like we are on, occupying a volume in time and space. So why can’t we see or touch them. Forget the mind misistry thing for now. If I wave my arm and one was standing right next to me my arm would pass right through and not sense anything. (They may sense it however??)  Maybe it is analogous to the neutrino that can pass through ordinary matter without being distracted or detected? But these beings are not floating in the air or sinking to the center of the earth, they have their feet on the ground like us which hints that they do actually interact with ordinary matter. (I may be letting my imagination run amok here).

Take for instance a Secondary Midwayer – apparently they have some sort of internal switch where they can step down from their higher level and actually interact with ordinary matter – how cool is that – who rolled away the stone? I recall a Hebrews scripture quote where someone stated that we should be careful about how we treat strangers because she may just be an angel. I wonder how the author came up with that one???

Reading about descending, ministering beings that originate from existential diety as well as ascending beings (above mortals) that also minister to us there are subtle hints that maybe a clever mind can attempt to put together a new physics that attempts to describe how is it that it happens that these different levels of being can exist and function here. One idea\analogy is the Carl Sagan story about flatlands where various shapes – lets take a circle – cannot see anything other than other two dimensional shapes – squares etc and would never know that a sphere is hanging out just above its head. But this sphere could descend into flat land and become a circle. This is not a different vibrational level or a different phase, its just a different level of reality.

Or how is it that transport angels can exceed the speed of light? and going higher on the diety scale – beings become oblivious to speed and distance as they can transcend time and space or like God the father – actually be everywhere simultaneous.

Im thinking this may be a different way of thinking about ministering spirits that does not necessarily involve our faith?? Its a stepping down process that maybe could be described???

Anyone???

Nigel Nunn
    Participant

Hi all – just a reminder that all the Sangik siblings were… siblings!

From link 64:5.3,

“These Sangik children, nineteen in number, were not only intelligent above their fellows, but their skins manifested a unique tendency to turn various colors upon exposure to sunlight.”  (64:5.3)

Since all our colored groups come from the exact same mum and dad, skin color must be a truly trivial flipping of few alleles?  More interesting may be some inherent differential in their tendencies to respond to adjutant urges.  Recall how the adjutants function in the human mind — as a “differential urge” ( link 36:5.2 ).

My poet friend has absolutely ZERO urge to explore how electrons flip between their left and right hand state.

Go figure   :-)

Nigel

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

In conversation with someone on the subject of the diversity of skin color: I like to draw the person’s attention to the subject of Adam and Eve, and ask this, “If Adam and Eve were the first two human beings, doesn’t it follow that all humankind comes from them? and are we not in fact all sharing the same gene pool?”

rock
    rock
    Participant

Sometimes people talk about eugenics while not knowing what it means, with no knowledge about its definition. I hope everyone would know what that word means. Anyway, here is the definition:

Eugenics is the science which deals with all influences that improve the inborn qualities of a race; also with those that develop them to the utmost advantage.

Francis Galton, The American Journal of Sociology. X (1): 82. July 1904

Richard E Warren
    Richard E Warren
    Participant

Sometimes people talk about eugenics while not knowing what it means, with no knowledge about its definition. I hope everyone would know what that word means. Anyway, here is the definition:

Eugenics is the science which deals with all influences that improve the inborn qualities of a race; also with those that develop them to the utmost advantage.

Francis Galton, The American Journal of Sociology. X (1): 82. July 1904

Yeah, only coercion made it evil. Terms like genetic conservation, and gene therapy are better definitions these days. And the technology has ripened enough to put a gene test in every potential parents’ hands. They can then focus on disease elimination before procreation. Seems like the times call for a new human right, the right to disease free set of genes.

Richard E Warren

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.