"The Book belongs to the era immediately to follow…."

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions "The Book belongs to the era immediately to follow…."

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

As a Urantia Book reader, you may believe none of this has anything to do with you and promoting the spiritual power of the Urantia Papers. And who knows, maybe it doesn’t. But I think there are readers out there who might disagree, and say that it is actually incumbent upon us to promote the Urantia Book’s descriptions and values regarding what might be called the ‘just society’.

For those who may not know “Mara”, I can assure you she is and has been in the trenches of sharing, teaching, and serving the spread of the Papers for many years.  I am tiring of these assumptions that any student here is disengaged or disinterested or complacent.  By what standard and knowledge are such claims made?  Because of some tranquility or faith in that which we study here together?

As you said earlier Martin, one would think that time enough in the Revelation should change people and do so from the inside out.  Religious growth and maturity in the spirit should, over time, not only change the religionist but just as profoundly change  the world around them simply by their new and improved view of the world itself.  The world is filled with love and kindness and progress!!!  Those who cannot see it are blind.  Jesus saw it every day….even hanging on a tree.  Those who live as Chicken Little and haven’t anything more to say than the sky is falling….and here’s who to blame for it….are of little use and offer no value…..to anyone, anywhere, ever.  Most especially when discussing this gift of knowledge and destiny confirmation.  Just sayin…….

So yes, it is incumbent and any who actually knew, would also confirm Mara’s long standing service to the cause of promoting the UB, its teachings, and a “just” society.

;-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So….question…..what, then are we to “be about” as kingdom believers, brethren in the spiritual brotherhood, and citizens of this friendly and divine universe while we grow as tadpoles upon the world of our mortal birth?  How do we best assist in serving the world and shepherd in the new era?  Focus on the evil?  Raise our fists in defiance of greed or lust or gluttony?  Obstruct the forces of materialism?

Are these forms of loving service?  Is this the example given and that which we should provide?  Is it naïve to work to promote truth, beauty, and goodness when all around us is error and consequence?  Or is that all some myopic one eyed mental and spiritual midgets can see?  What is good today?  What is better today?  Which of those and that might we support today?  I’d rather be defined by that which I support than that which I oppose, no?  Which method is more effective?  What is the positive roles and applications of love?  Jesus did not teach passivism or turning the cheek but to respond vigorously with love and light to all shadow and error.  And the era to immediately follow must somehow in some measure adopt such a perspective and tactical strategy to reinforce goodness and allow evil to deflate and disgorge itself by its own ultimate irrelevancy to universal reality….or so I think.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So….question…..what, then are we to “be about” as kingdom believers, brethren in the spiritual brotherhood, and citizens of this friendly and divine universe while we grow as tadpoles upon the world of our mortal birth? How do we best assist in serving the world and shepherd in the new era? Focus on the evil? Raise our fists in defiance of greed or lust or gluttony? Obstruct the forces of materialism?

Are these forms of loving service? Is this the example given and that which we should provide? Is it naïve to work to promote truth, beauty, and goodness when all around us is error and consequence? Or is that all some myopic one eyed mental and spiritual midgets can see? What is good today? What is better today? Which of those and that might we support today? I’d rather be defined by that which I support than that which I oppose, no? Which method is more effective? What is the positive roles and applications of love? Jesus did not teach passivism or turning the cheek but to respond vigorously with love and light to all shadow and error. And the era to immediately follow must somehow in some measure adopt such a perspective and tactical strategy to reinforce goodness and allow evil to deflate and disgorge itself by its own ultimate irrelevancy to universal reality….or so I think.

Eloquent words Bradly, to be sure, but have you answered your own “…question…” — “what, then are we to ‘be about’ as kingdom believers, …”?  Or maybe there is a better question, where it seems to be implied in the aforementioned link to the “mandate” mentioned earlier, in that by studying the life of Jesus, and assuming that what He presented to us, was with the knowledge that He would not be with us for a length in time, to lead us as He taught — What would Jesus do (WWJD), or be doing, in order to help resolve the current issues presented here and in the world today?  This would also presume that He would not have identified Himself, as Jesus or someone with His knowledge, which many here and you would concur His ability to make appropriate resolutions to these problems.  Therefore, even though He is not here, presently, how can His teaching when in the flesh, be used to overcome these adversities?

Do you propose to do nothing as fare as action, and ultimately allow those without loving understanding, or belief in the Kingdom, to be subjected to injustice as He might have revealed?  Yes, love concurs all, but what kind of love are you suggesting, a fathers love for his children, which sometimes is received in misunderstanding of the child, until they become fathers or mothers?  So, exactly what kind of love are you suggesting, because for many love is just a four letter word?

As far as I can see you present a “question” and have no answer to offer, other than a four letter word, understood differently by many.

What would you do, in relation to your understanding of “what would Jesus do”, as your guide and teacher?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Midi!!

I have neither the experience or wisdom to advise what others should do or WWJD and I seek no attention for nor opinion on what I do in service and my pursuits of truth, beauty, or goodness.  The Lord knows and those upon my path know and those I work in team with know and I know…..my work is known by those to whom it matters.  And its measure is small enough for my well deserved humility.

I think the key to planetary progress is personal progress in the spirit and through the circles.  The world has many forms of material progress in place and/or under development according to the Paper on Mortal Planetary Epochs – culture and civilization have lurched their way into exponentials of potential the past centuries.  The UB teaches that the material life will be successful to the degree that people focus on caring about and for one another, add to the love current that flows freely from within, acknowledge our shared spiritual heritage, and find God within.

As to love….I don’t think it any secret nor is there any dispute as to its nature when it is felt and given but it would help if more of us knew the actual source of love, its importance, and its ability to transform us each and all into new beings with better motives and priorities and outcomes when it is the foundation of our free will choices.  The mechanical outcomes of civilization are completely dependent upon the values and intentions of the mechanic…not the mechanism.

I believe we enjoy powerful spiritual influences personally and those are, indeed, busily transforming minds in mysterious ways around the world who will ultimately succeed in their great work of personal transformation and social transcendence.  And I think there are billions of people who know what love is and yearn for the living water and the bread of life, and many who act in service to causes and efforts that bring positive results to themselves, their families, their communities, and to society.

It is the purveyors of fear, anger, hate, and aggression that retard progress and misdirect results….and seem to get all the attention.  But the world is filled with idealistic and pragmatic vineyard workers, who in their way and where they are, work for the good of others and no one of us can have any notion as to the aggregate efforts or results of these people on our future.  Only the Most Highs might measure our planetary progress and trajectory upon this Shrine of Nebadon.

So I guess I feel that people should do what people do the best they know how and the more each does so with love and in service to others, the better the outcomes will be…..personally and collectively.  We are to “love one another”.  It is as simple and as complicated as that.

:-)

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    MidiChlorian wrote:  What would you do, in relation to your understanding of “what would Jesus do”, as your guide and teacher?
    I think this is a great stand-alone question Midi! Just want to let you I’m starting a new topic called “What would Jesus do?”  Thanks for the idea!
    Sabinatu
    Blocked

The RELIGION of Jesus is to be an INSPIRATION, not a “how to” list.  So that would certainly be progress for these TUB forums, Mara, if anyone from a traditional religion other than “Christian” jump in to the conversation to contribute something other than to accuse a person that they are NOT doing what Jesus supposedly would do.  As I noted before, no REAL and normal minded follower of even the glorified Christ (wrong headed Pauline church) would choke the media channels of communication with “what is torture when greed is good” as the drum beat to rationalize their greedy pre-emptive war strike in the Middle East.  You do not know Jesus at all and never will if you do not know what Jesus would have to say about the shadow’s “leadership” in USA since JFK – the “catholic” president who left Urantia with a bullet in his head. No President since then has left in a “chariot of fire” because they did such a good job becoming one with their fragment of God like Jesus proved could be done…just sayin’….but, yeah, fun topic….

Word search for “inspiration” is fun:

141:7.9 (1594.3) He sought mildly to impart to these apostles the truth that he had come on this bestowal mission, not to set an example for a few earth creatures, but to establish and demonstrate a standard of human life for all peoples upon all worlds throughout his entire universe. And this standard approached the highest perfection, even the final goodness of the Universal Father. But the apostles could not grasp the meaning of his words

129:4.7 (1425.6) And this was his true and supreme purpose. He did not come down to live on Urantia as the perfect and detailed example for any child or adult, any man or woman, in that age or any other. True it is, indeed, that in his full, rich, beautiful, and noble life we may all find much that is exquisitely exemplary, divinely inspiring, but this is because he lived a true and genuinely human life. Jesus did not live his life on earth in order to set an example for all other human beings to copy. He lived this life in the flesh by the same mercy ministry that you all may live your lives on earth; and as he lived his mortal life in his day and as he was, so did he thereby set the example for all of us thus to live our lives in our day and as we are. You may not aspire to live his life, but you can resolve to live your lives even as, and by the same means that, he lived his. Jesus may not be the technical and detailed example for all the mortals of all ages on all the realms of this local universe, but he is everlastingly the inspiration and guide of all Paradise pilgrims from the worlds of initial ascension up through a universe of universes and on through Havona to Paradise. Jesus is the new and living way from man to God, from the partial to the perfect, from the earthly to the heavenly, from time to eternity.

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.