"The Book belongs to the era immediately to follow…."

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions "The Book belongs to the era immediately to follow…."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

“The Book belongs to the era immediately to follow the conclusion of the present ideological struggle.”

An article called “History of The Publication Mandate: The Timing of The Urantia Book: Introduction to the Publication Mandate” by Carolyn Bowman Kendall was published in the UAI Journal Vol 21, No 4 December 2014.

http://urantia-association.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Journal_Vol-21_No-4_en.pdf

So my question is: What is the present ideological struggle all about? Do you think they are talking about an ideological struggle in terms of religion, or something else?  By my way of thinking we’re not ever going to have uniformity of viewpoint.  We can aim for unity of ideals, goals and purposes 99:5:7, relative to the era just ahead of us when the present ideological struggle comes to an end.

http://urantia-association.org/the-publication-mandate/

nelsong
    Participant

I think that ideology is the struggle.

once the real gospel of Jesus is accepted the strugle will focus on more productive stuff

the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man is more than ideology it’s more like the goal of all ideologies achieved imho

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The word ideology refers to economic and political thought, not religion.

emanny3003
    Blocked

I take “ideological struggle” to mean war. An economic war. I think that it is the haves vs the have nots. Jesus offered a prediction when we stated, “the poor will always be with us…”

Brooklyn_born
    Brooklyn_born
    Participant

Half of the globe’s wealth is in the hands of only ONE PERCENT OF THE POPULATION! Something is fundamentally wrong with that picture.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/19/global-wealth-oxfam-inequality-davos-economic-summit-switzerland

BB

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Two things to note:

1. We are currently experiencing the post-Adamic epoch of civilization. (52:3.6)
    2. Having gone through the struggle for existence, we are now experiencing the struggle for a standard of living. (81:6.28)

The current struggle of ideologies has to do with control of natural resources, the establishment of representative governments and determining what standard of living can be reasonably attained by the majority of people as well as the means by which to attain it.  Of course, to arrive at the answers to these problems, morality, ethics and religion will naturally come into play.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Half of the globe’s wealth is in the hands of only ONE PERCENT OF THE POPULATION! Something is fundamentally wrong with that picture.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/19/global-wealth-oxfam-inequality-davos-economic-summit-switzerland

Money and wealth are not everything and to God they are nothing. You can say that there is strength in numbers. All 100% are equal in standing, spiritually.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So my question is: What is the present ideological struggle all about? Do you think they are talking about an ideological struggle in terms of religion, or something else?  By my way of thinking we’re not ever going to have uniformity of viewpoint.  We can aim for unity of ideals, goals and purposes 99:5:7, relative to the era just ahead of us when the present ideological struggle comes to an end.

Interesting topic.  According to the Paper on Mortal Epochs, Urantia may be the most convoluted planet ever ministered to by those in charge of planetary progress.  While we are post-Adamic, per Bonita’s post above, there are different parts of the world in multiple planetary epochal stages I think.  We should be “early” in the Material Son and Daughter epoch with only 35,000 years of their much longer ministry but we were deprived of their continuation here – so no Prince or Adam & Eve or any on-planet celestial presence in-person – imagine even with no Prince but tens of thousands of years of Garden influence and effect on our progress.

So we have no Son on-planet but we do have the Spirit of Truth by Michael’s brief sojourn here and departing gift of ministry.  So we have all spirit circuits engaged and activated.  I think this decimal world is more “decimal” than ever or most by this unintended and abnormal circumstance and situation.

The UB says we have passed the worst of materialism which I can accept but do not truly understand given what’s happened since its writing and even since its publishing.  I think the impact of the Spirit of Truth has some momentum and potential critical mass that we cannot see or understand…but it is more than human driven social progress and it is like an infection in a way that brings love into a force for change.  In the Mortal Epochs we read that from profit motive/capitalism rises a growing generalized philanthropy which eventuates into a service motivated economy which will come to supplant the more greed and material focused profit era which precedes it and which we seem obviously still deeply entrenched or mired in now.

Like slavery is a progressive improvement to cannibalism, profit/capital is improvement over royalty and serfdom economic structures which is pretty much a zero-sum economic system.  Skilled trades and commerce/trade gave birth to democratized wealth creation that has barely had 200 years or so and yet has transformed the planet.  Capitalists want access to resources and markets to create more opportunities for the capital at risk potential rewards (increased profits) and they have over the past century realized the barriers and obstacles to expansion – globalization of money, markets, travel, and trade.  Capitalist greed has served to break down barriers that politics never did or possibly could.  Fascinatingly, the apex of this transition coincided with instant and universal global communications and access to the entire contents of human knowledge (and stupid amusement to be sure – haha!).

Two other interesting developments:  first is the profound change in the very nature of philanthropy – it too is democratizing with more and more individuals from all economic classes giving more and more money and time and skill to more and more NON-profit groups, organized to assist humanity in multiple ways (not all are worthy and some are pure scams but nonetheless…..the gift maker has no profit or self interest expectations).  Philanthropy used to be only by the uber-wealthy and churches – not anymore.  Second is the joint efforts of both NGOs (non-government organizations) and  multiple governments in coordinated disaster relief responses – even military assets are being thusly deployed.  I think this is a response to the Spirit of Truth ministry – less “self” interest and more “other than self” interests being demonstrated.

I think we watch history….world changing and planetary progress transitions that are fundamental to epochal transformation.  I agree there may well still be wars to come but I would say that mass destruction has less and less favor and champions (despite the profits of war) because national self interest is better served by globalization and free trade and the flow of capital around the world.  I do not see any sudden transformation into light and life to be sure.  But when one measures what has happened since the Dark Ages and then the printing press and the scientific method and carbon fuels and industrialization and digitization and communication and free markets (without blue bloods and colonization) – I simply cannot understand the doom and gloom and end of the worlders.  History is painting us a picture of epochal progress and transformation…..which, as WE know, is an inevitability and absolute certainty on every inhabited world in time and space.  It isn’t pretty to watch and it will remain ugly and unpredictable for a long while still.

But I am most confident in those who rule this world and optimistic about these “signs” of the changing times and world I live in today.

Thanks Mara.

:good:

emanny3003
    Blocked

Two other interesting developments:  first is the profound change in the very nature of philanthropy – it too is democratizing with more and more individuals from all economic classes giving more and more money and time and skill to more and more NON-profit groups, organized to assist humanity in multiple ways (not all are worthy and some are pure scams but nonetheless…..the gift maker has no profit or self interest expectations).  Philanthropy used to be only by the uber-wealthy and churches – not anymore.  Second is the joint efforts of both NGOs (non-government organizations) and  multiple governments in coordinated disaster relief responses – even military assets are being thusly deployed.  I think this is a response to the Spirit of Truth ministry – less “self” interest and more “other than self” interests being demonstrated.

I am more questioning as you know. IMO, The Spirit of Truth minsters to the individual. Group efforts have nothing to do with morality or ethics. All group efforts have an agenda and it always involves money and influence. Self interest is very much at work here, unfortunately.

nelsong
    Participant

Capitalist = greed is simply not true. This is a rally cry for the populist as well as those addicted to the welfare state.

Its an expression of satisfaction with mediocrity.

Individuals are greedy and this same greed permeates all groups, races, orginizations, countries political groups.

to pin greed on the capitalist is naive imho

emanny3003
    Blocked

Capitalist = greed is simply not true. This is a rally cry for the populist as well as those addicted to the welfare state.

What is wrong with capitalism? As long as the greatest want is for more faith in God. It is all about priorities. Render unto Cesar what is Cesar’s, but first and foremost render unto God what is God’s.

Keep them separate and in the correct order. It is the love of money that is a disaster not the want of money.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    emanny3003 wrote:  The Spirit of Truth minsters to the individual.
    Actually, that’s not completely true.  The Spirit of Truth has to do with the living relationship of all things and all beings (56:10.13).  The Spirit of Truth directs the loving contact of one human being with another (180:5.11). Plus, Jesus clearly said that he is present whenever two or three believers are gathered together.
    159:1.3 And all this is ever true, for, where two or three believers are gathered together, there am I in the midst of them.
    emanny3003
    Blocked

Actually, that’s not completely true.  The Spirit of Truth has to do with the living relationship of all things and all beings (56:10.13).  The Spirit of Truth directs the loving contact of one human being with another (180:5.11). Plus, Jesus clearly said that he is present whenever two or three believers are gathered together.

159:1.3 And all this is ever true, for, where two or three believers are gathered together, there am I in the midst of them.

Very good point Bonita.

This is because The Holy Trinity functions in the same way. The Father functions with the Son, or the Father functions with the Spirit, or The Father functions with the Son and Spirit.

Three personalities functioning as one.

Bradly asserted that The Spirit of Truth functions in organizations such as the military and NGOs and non-profits and this is not true.

nelsong
    Participant

Fact is capitalism has brought wealth and prosperity and opportunity to millions regardless of the presence of some who are greedy.

im more worried about other isms like Zionism that has a track record of death and destruction the world over and has bread other destructive isms like Marxism communism liberalism

when we examine closely those who are the wealthiest and greediest and most destructive we find them to be zionists not capitalists

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Bradly asserted that The Spirit of Truth functions in organizations such as the military and NGOs and non-profits and this is not true.

I have to agree with Bradly.  Wherever two or three believers are gathered, the Spirit of Truth is present.  It doesn’t matter where the two are three are gathered together either.  And it could be 20 or 20 believers or 200 or 300 believers.  All that is necessary is for these people to attempt to have loving contact with one another or to follow the golden rule.  There are plenty of people in civil organizations attempting to do just that, although I’m not sure about the IRS . . .  said tongue in cheek.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 246 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.