Reincarnation

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Reincarnation

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 563 total)
  • Author
    André
    André
    Participant

Hi fellows,

Hi Michael,

Prolific thinker, flowing out of all sources that comes into your hands. Creative ideas, imaginative orchestration. What could be better to stimulate,arouse congeners? I am all in Michael.

TUB (the urantia book)

132:7.9the revelation of God to man through, and in, Jesus…. And it was, and is, ever thus. That which the enlightened and reflective human imagination of spiritual teaching and leading wholeheartedly and unselfishly wants to do and be, becomes measurably creative in accordance with the degree of mortal dedication to the divine doing of the Father’s will. When man goes in partnership with God, great things may, and do, happen.

Thank you,

André

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings Michael and Friends!!

Yes…the elephant examinations and description is very humorous and illuminating.   The UB teaches that such methods are recommended,  that is to seek out the reality perspective and philosophy and metaphysics and religious experience of other believers to find triangulation and widen the lens of view and to tame prejudices and narrow mindedness and entrenchment.

While there is only one universe reality , each being has a very personal and subjective and therefore limited lens with which to view that objective reality.  We are taught that objectivity is desirable and inherently achieved by time and education and experience and maturity and wisdom and that anything less than those results in our very subjective and partial and inaccurate beliefs about reality.

While the sharing of multiple “blind” or limited , subjective perspectives does not result in an accurate and objective view of reality, nonetheless does the seeking of others’ views contribute to our own in important ways.

As to collective conscious …hmmm.  An interesting topic.  Complicated.  Consider a keyword search for “reflectivity” in the UB and here at TRUTHBOOK.  The TA’s certainly have access to that circuit and have their own.  God the Supreme is the Divine repository of all experience and expression of truth, beauty , and goodness in time and space.   Our own mortal and personal access to these collections of conscious, thought, experience, and expression is another matter…but there is no hive mind or collective consciousness taught within the UB as I understand the term to mean.

So I would agree our access to any other “mind” is limited and controlled…if it is allowable at all.  I think memory is less reliable for mortals than celestials due to the electro/chemical interface of the brain and the inherent inferiorities thusly imposed upon mortal/material mind.  We are subject to implanted/created/false memories as well as embellished/distorted/edited memories and the memory imprints of fiction and fantasy and transfer and adoption.  The mind which can transcend time and material limits can certainly create great mischief and distortions in our thinking….and especially so our remembering and even more especially so in our early and formative childhood years when fiction and invention and imagination blur the distinctions between reality and fantasy!

The TV series you cite certainly “proves” nothing at all except the power of mind and its ability to invent and distort realities which are not at all real.  The UB warns us of the very real dangers in associating thoughts, images, feelings, and beliefs with truth, reality, and contact with the Spirit…or the so called collective mind/conscious.

False memory
    Psychological Phenomenon
    A false memory is a psychological phenomenon where a person recalls something that did not happen or that something happened differently from the way it actually happened. This phenomenon was initially investigated by psychological pioneers Pierre Janet and Sigmund Freud. Elizabeth Loftus has, since her debuting research project in 1974, been a lead researcher in memory recovery and false memories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory

All mind has one origin and source.  All individual thoughts are known and archived and integrated and actualized and made into new realities and new potentials by Deity but not by or of or in itself as a so called collective conscious …or so I understand the teachings.

Best wishes in your reading.

:-)

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

As far as your dimensional claims are concerned Michael….the UB does, I think, affirm and concur that the Morontial estate is another level of dimensional reality between the dimensions of the material reality and the purely spirit realities and that the morontial reality is a spectrum of levels of reality dimension which we will traverse over time between our material life on our planet of birth and origin and Paradise.

Those celestial beings which attend, serve, manage, administer, lead, and rule our world are all around us.  A few of them can be seen by mortal/material eye upon their intention to be so seen.  Each level of being has a range of “vision” which allows them to “see” other beings within a certain limited spectrum of shared positional reality.  You may be interested to know that there are those spirits which cannot discern material levels of reality as we cannot discern morontial or spirit levels.  But more interesting is to consider that because of our origin as pure material and evolutionary beings who ascend and transcend one level of reality to another all the way to pure spirit form in Paradise, that we become the ONLY beings in all the universe of universes to be equally adept and aware within every level of reality and conversant and familiar with every level of being and creature and mind in all the universes of both time and eternity.

The last shall be first.  Indeed we are taught that us lowly beings will come to help perfect and eternal beings to “compensate” for the limitations of their perfection by our experiential perspective and wisdom gained by struggle and growth.

The number 7 is the natural expression of the potential combinations of 3, the Trinity functionality in the universes while the number 10 is the mathematical base for the material realities of time and space.

42:9.2 (479.7) The number seven is basic to the central universe and the spiritual system of inherent transmissions of character, but the number ten, the decimal system, is inherent in energy, matter, and the material creation. Nevertheless the atomic world does display a certain periodic characterization which recurs in groups of seven—a birthmark carried by this material world indicative of its far-distant spiritual origin.

42:9.3 (480.1) This sevenfold persistence of creative constitution is exhibited in the chemical domains as a recurrence of similar physical and chemical properties in segregated periods of seven when the basic elements are arranged in the order of their atomic weights. When the Urantia chemical elements are thus arranged in a row, any given quality or property tends to recur by sevens. This periodic change by sevens recurs diminishingly and with variations throughout the entire chemical table, being most markedly observable in the earlier or lighter atomic groupings. Starting from any one element, after noting some one property, such a quality will change for six consecutive elements, but on reaching the eighth, it tends to reappear, that is, the eighth chemically active element resembles the first, the ninth the second, and so on. Such a fact of the physical world unmistakably points to the sevenfold constitution of ancestral energy and is indicative of the fundamental reality of the sevenfold diversity of the creations of time and space. Man should also note that there are seven colors in the natural spectrum.

I appreciate your perspective on the limitations self imposed by the Spirit within to protect our freewill and our self determination thereby.  We do not personally have any form of pre-life or pre-existence we are taught and neither do we have pre-determined outcomes or fates.  We determine our experience and our expression of that experience.  We are taught that the angels and the Spirit within do utilize circumstances and situations and relationships and intersections of decisions to guide us and to teach us and it is by our response to all such intersections of choice that are those seeds sown which deliver the harvest we reap.  But we do reap what WE sow by our own self determined motives, intentions, priorities, and decisions.

Let me say clearly that we discuss what the UB teaches according to the recall and understanding by each of us here.  That posted which is not text is opinion.  I do not say disagreement with the UB is wrong….only that it disagrees with the text which we share in study here together.  It is not important to me who believes the claims of the UB and who does not.  It is important to me that the UB speak for itself.  To that end, I always encourage the actual reading of the text by all students and it has become a most trusted reference source of truth and fact to me over many readings.

Best wishes!

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Even the U.S. military recently declassified documents in which they admit that our Earth has both a 3D existence and a 4D existence, and that some of the ETs are visiting Earth in the physical 3rd dimension from Earth in the 4th dimension.

Have you had a chance to read up on morontia reality yet?

16:4.5 Unquestionably, when we encounter the functional activities of the various Morontia Power Supervisors, we are face to face with certain of the unrevealed activities of the Master Spirits. Who, aside from these ancestors of both physical controllers and spirit ministers, could have contrived so to combine and associate material and spiritual energies as to produce a hitherto nonexistent phase of universe reality — morontia substance and morontia mind?

Likewise, each living human body possesses 7 main chakras that correspond to 7 subtle energy bodies that combine to form our composite soul bodies, though typically we do not sense the presence of those subtle bodies with our 5 senses.

We have only one soul and it does not exist within the physical body according to TUB.  The soul is a morontia reality which consists of more than just energy, and whatever energy it has is morontial.  Morontia reality does not function within the physical realm.

0:5.10 4. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to “do the will of the Father in heaven,” so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual — it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.

So now I will speculate that each time we “graduate” from a Mansion World, another corresponding part of our composite soul body (which corresponds to its respective Mansion World) “merges” with the next subtle energy body within our composite soul body.

The mansion worlds are where mortals “merge” with their Thought Adjuster.  It’s called fusion.  What you are attempting to describe above, TUB calls “spiritualization”.  Becoming more Godlike in the next life makes a mortal more spiritual and less morontial, hence the need for 570 ascending forms.

5:1.3 Although the approach to the Paradise presence of the Father must await your attainment of the highest finite levels of spirit progression, you should rejoice in the recognition of the ever-present possibility of immediate communion with the bestowal spirit of the Father so intimately associated with your inner soul and your spiritualizing self.

48:1.5 From the time of leaving the material worlds until you are constituted a first-stage spirit on Salvington, you will undergo just 570 separate and ascending morontia changes. Eight of these occur in the system, seventy-one in the constellation, and 491 during the sojourn on the spheres of Salvington.

48:1.6 In the days of the mortal flesh the divine spirit indwells you, almost as a thing apart — in reality an invasion of man by the bestowed spirit of the Universal Father. But in the morontia life the spirit will become a real part of your personality, and as you successively pass through the 570 progressive transformations, you ascend from the material to the spiritual estate of creature life.

We already know from psychology that each person’s subconscious mind connects its individual conscious awareness to humanity’s collective consciousness.

I think it’s more likely that the seven adjutant mind spirits are the collective consciousness of the planet, but they do not cross-fertilize from one individual to another, nor between animals, or animals and humans.  Our minds are an individualized circuit of the cosmic mind ministered to by the adjutants, and after the birth of the soul, also by higher spirit ministries including the Adjuster.   Minds do run in channels with similarities in terms of the mechanisms of thought, but not in the actual sharing of data unless done so by free-will choice.  That’s not to exclude the fact that anything within the human consciousness is immediately available to the Divine Minister.

16:6.3 The fact of the cosmic mind explains the kinship of various types of human and superhuman minds. Not only are kindred spirits attracted to each other, but kindred minds are also very fraternal and inclined towards co-operation the one with the other. Human minds are sometimes observed to be running in channels of astonishing similarity and inexplicable agreement.

Hope everyone is doing well; if not, feel free to ask me for ideas, for I have read much (and tried much) regarding natural remedies and alternative medicine, and have access to medical books as well.

A physician myself who has dabbled in the same.

urantia4me
    Participant

Greetings!  Bravo on the replies to my most recent post – you all have proved that there are still thoughtful, intelligent people in the world!  I wish I had time thoroughly reply to each of you, but the coming day is my last day to prepare for my trip.  BUT, I did read the 4 most recent posts – very thorough replies.  I appreciate the extensive knowledge and devotion that you – Bradly and Bonita – have regarding the UB.  And I am glad that Andre can truly relate to my genuineness as a fellow truth seeker.  I am generally aware of some people claiming false memories are the most rational answer to the beliefs in reincarnation, and if I were a mainstream atheist or mainstream Christian, I would easily place my bets on that claims, but I no longer consider myself either one or the other who so quickly dismisses the claims of others.  But Bradly, I will consider “false memories” as a possibility for now.

It may help you all to know that I used to whole-heartedly promote mainstream Christian teachings, sometimes debating with others, including those who promoted reincarnation.  If I had remained faithful to those beliefs, I would have NEVER considered reading the UB, and what a loss that would have been for me!  So now I hesitate to think of things being so black and white, or something being either this way or that way.  I try to carefully consider all reasonable possibilities for any subject, thinking in terms of “likely”, “not likely”, or “cannot determine at this time,” which gives me flexibility to revise my beliefs as I continue to learn.  Keeping an open mind has gotten me quite far, even to this point of having such good discussions with all of you :-)   And Bonita, I have not yet read the chapter on Morontia life, other than your interesting quotes from that chapter, but I will, likely after I return from my trip.  And nice to know that you are a physician who has dabbled in natural medicine.  I once had a member of my church tell me that taking herbs was comparable to witchcraft; I left mainstream Christianity shortly thereafter, not exactly for that reason – more because of too much narrow-mindedness.

Unfortunately, I have not tried to find the section I once read in the UB that says it’s “not exactly true reincarnation”, which to me implies that the celestial beings that produced the UB papers are fully aware of humans understandably misinterpreting a real & common phenomenon.  However, I don’t think the 570 transformations (except perhaps the first 8 transformations) are that which humans are misinterpreting as reincarnation; it seems like it should be something “closer to home”; that’s why I have considered Carl Jung’s concept of the collective conscious of humanity, as well as the Akashic records as an alternative explanation to traditional ideas of reincarnation.  But have no fear, Andre – I will be keeping my personal library as it is for now, which includes a variety of interesting books, some that assume reincarnation is basically reaping what we have sown beyond the boundaries of one physical lifetime.  In the meantime, I will continue to read and seriously consider the possibility that the UB is a genuine, divine revelation, not merely another reference book.  Take care everyone…

Michael

André
    André
    Participant

Hi,

As far I can remembered Ministry-Deities always work for me including my participation. Books, radio program, exibition hall centered on metaphysics (philosophy).
    I was driven by insatiable curiosity. Philosophy/Religion/Mind was and are constant concern. With TUB a signpost, up to date revelations were a beacon to shed light on all humans perspectives to explain logically our relative reality.

Previously, Bradley and Bonita, do it by putting in perspectives all those phylosophic,religious and mind matter using TUB’s cornerstone.

Thank you,

André

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Michael says above: “If I had remained faithful to those beliefs, I would have NEVER considered reading the UB, and what a loss that would have been for me! So now I hesitate to think of things being so black and white, or something being either this way or that way. I try to carefully consider all reasonable possibilities for any subject, thinking in terms of “likely”, “not likely”, or “cannot determine at this time,” which gives me flexibility to revise my beliefs as I continue to learn. Keeping an open mind has gotten me quite far, even to this point of having such good discussions with all of you.”

Beliefs are so helpful and so limiting all at the same time!!  The mortal experience is filled with all manner of paradox and conundrum.  One of my favorite Zen teachings is reinforced throughout the UB:  Things are not as they appear.  And neither are they different!!

Things are not as we believe but they can be no different either!  And yet the mortal mind cannot function as designed and believe in nothing.  Prior to study of the UB I concluded that beliefs were critical to our spirituality.  That false beliefs could not be transcended spiritually.  Papers 100-103 certainly changed that false perception and belief!!!  Knowledge and facts of universe reality are eventually critical to experiential wisdom and spiritization of being…but are nearly irrelevant to traversing the Psychic Circles and successful survival of the material life and even fusion with our God Fragment within!  Those all depend almost exclusively on truth, faith, and relationship with the Spirit within…all of which can be quite successful without facts or true beliefs and even with totally false beliefs and reality constructs (metaphysics) by children, primitives, the ignorant and uneducated, and the superstitious and stupid.

No matter how false our beliefs, still can we discern the Spirit and respond to the Spirit and grow in the Spirit and give birth to soul and grow soul and survive this material life AND grow the fruits of the Spirit and enjoy peace, happiness, joy, confidence, and inner assurance by connection to the Divine nature within.  So we do not need true beliefs but we can become faith children with totally false beliefs and prejudice!!  (Prejudice being a blind loyalty to our own beliefs which prevents careful consideration of “all reasonable possibilities”.)

The authors do tell us however that facts and knowledge of reality are very important to progress and a balanced and integrated and functional perspective and philosophy.  Indeed, they say that the value of periodic and epochal revelation is the reduction in confusion and the elimination of the errors of false beliefs and incomplete metaphysics….or understanding and view of reality.

Here’s a link to the very few quotes that include the term “reincarnation”:

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/search?keys=reincarnation&op=Search

Enjoy your week!  I look forward to your return.

;-)

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

. . . that’s why I have considered Carl Jung’s concept of the collective conscious of humanity . . .

I think Carl Jung theorized about the collective UNconscious, no?   He claimed it had to do with mythological motifs and images which  surface either as subconscious symbols of dreams or collective symbols of cultural mythos.  There are a lot of similarities in Joseph Campbell’s work.  There is no question that man has an inherent tendency toward myth making.

4:5.1 Religious tradition is the imperfectly preserved record of the experiences of the God-knowing men of past ages, but such records are untrustworthy as guides for religious living or as the source of true information about the Universal Father. Such ancient beliefs have been invariably altered by the fact that primitive man was a mythmaker.

urantia4me
    Participant

Hello everyone – I’m back from my trip, and I just read the recent posts – you all give so many good things to consider!  Let me work backwards…You are right, Bonita, about Carl Jung describing the collective UNconscious of humanity as it relates to archetypes; forgive me for sometimes mixing and matching ideas that I have read/heard, and then unintentionally using terms that are not as accurate in a strict sense, but still capture the general ideas behind the main points that I attempt to make.  And thank you Bradly for not only your comments but also the weblink – one of the first 2 quotes regarding the word reincarnation was what I had read, though the texts does not say word for word “not exactly reincarnation” ; again, I refer back to my aforementioned comment to Bonita, who always provides good, relevant quotes from TUB.  You do also Bradly, but you write at such a level that I sometimes need to re-read your replies :-)   And Andre still understands me very well; likewise, even though I have only read a fraction of TUB, it is most definitely a signpost for all of us to factor into our personal worldviews.

One thing that you all have made me realize is that we each are approaching this subject from not only somewhat different viewpoints, but we are also using different terminology based on our different viewpoints, which is making it a bit of a challenge for us, similar to how language barriers can cause unnecessary friction.  For example, what if life in the Astral realm (as described in good metaphysical books) is actually the same as the first 7-8 Mansion Worlds which are part of Morontia Life (as described by TUB)?!  And what if life at the Quantum level (as described by Quantum physicists) is actually the same as BOTH, meaning we are all trying to describe the same “elephant” using the terminology we are most familiar with, especially with regard to the topic of (potential versus actual) “simultaneous realities”?!  After I read the chapter on Morontia Life, I hope to be better able to answer that last “what if” question.

To me, considering that as a real possibility/probability could then help to explain why so many people MAY have been misinterpreting “something real” as reincarnation.  At best, even real psychics, mediums, and mystics have only been seeing glimpses of “the afterlife”, and without seeing the big picture, it could be easy for them to misinterpret “simultaneous realities” (which MAY be a result of the natural laws that constitute Astral/Quantum/Morontia Life) as “sequential reincarnation” occurring on Earth/Urantia.  As a related analogy, on Earth, we hear/learn that we humans are to change and adapt to our environment; in the afterlife, I have heard/learned that our thoughts and emotions immediately influence our environment to change and adapt to us humans – do you see the difference?!  And isn’t that greater reality a little bit like how our physical brains “correct” the upside-down images that come into our eyes into right-side up images?!  Ok, enough pondering  by me for tonite.

Looking forward to all of your replies :-)

Michael

urantia4me
    Participant

(I don’t know what happened to the post I just uploaded – I posted it and then saw an error that I tried to edit, then I submitted it again, but now I don’t see my post at all – can anyone explain why?)

André
    André
    Participant

Salut Michael,

One fact i learn on forums … never take a chance when an elaborate post is written… better write it on computer and pasted it when completed.

Hours will be wisely spend and invested on your narrated carreer.

Experienced tadpole

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

(I don’t know what happened to the post I just uploaded – I posted it and then saw an error that I tried to edit, then I submitted it again, but now I don’t see my post at all – can anyone explain why?)

That used to happen to me all the time.  It turned out that I was being automatically logged off every 24 hours and sometimes that would come in the middle of writing a post without me knowing.  I would click submit and find that I had been actually writing in a ghost dialogue box.  Now I log out and back in before posting and also copy before hitting submit.  I can’t tell you how many of very frustrating hours I have wasted here because of this glitch.  My sympathies.

urantia4me
    Participant

Ok – now I understand how easy it is for our posts to be accidentally deleted.  If I make a mistake from now on, know that I would have corrected it had I caught it before submitting.  I won’t re-type the whole post; just know that I read all of your thoughtful comments, learning what I can from them.  For now, I will just continue reading TUB; I began the chapter on Morontia Life, which is very interesting, but I am still gradually reading it.  However, I already have an idea or 2 as to why reincarnation may be an understandable misinterpretation for many people; I’m still not totally ruling out the idea of reincarnation, but I am enjoying comparing TUB to all that I have read about reincarnation.  Humans could be tapping into a kind of metaphysical cellular memory that naturally comes from the fact that each new person born has to enter within an existing line of genetics/family tree, which is not so different from some cultures claiming their ancestors serve them as spiritual guides, such as the Australian Aborigines who make good use of their “Dreamtime”.  Also, since our consciousness is at least connected to some higher levels of Divinity, such as any of those leading up to God The Supreme, then there may be ways (such as hypnosis) for humans to contact some levels of Divinity, but doing so may indirectly bring us in contact with formerly human personality experiences that already merged with those higher Divine beings.  In both cases, reincarnation may be understandably misinterpreted.  I have additional theories based on other sources of information, but so far only those 2 seem quite possible with the assumption that TUB is totally true.  I have read some very intriguing comments in Paper 48, such as the idea that we may always be in contact with whatever material world that we were initially, physically born upon, despite all those 570 transformations.  Likewise, with every transformation, we are still ourselves, but with one or more added features/dimensions to our personal existence.  Well, it’s late, so to sleep I must go.  I will likely write more sometime this weekend.  Blessings to all of you!

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Also, since our consciousness is at least connected to some higher levels of Divinity, such as any of those leading up to God The Supreme, then there may be ways (such as hypnosis) for humans to contact some levels of Divinity, but doing so may indirectly bring us in contact with formerly human personality experiences that already merged with those higher Divine beings.

Hypnosis contacts the subconscious mind, it directs thoughts downward.  There is nothing of divine origin in the subconscious mind.  Divinity can be found in the superconscious mind and also in the soul.  The means for contacting the soul and the superconscious mind is through reflective, prayerful thinking which directs thoughts upward.

Experienced Adjusters do carry with them the actual experience of assisting and guiding another human being in spiritual matters. Memory of such experiences includes only that which has eternal spiritual value, but these memories belong to the Adjuster and are not shared until fusion.

I have read some very intriguing comments in Paper 48, such as the idea that we may always be in contact with whatever material world that we were initially, physically born upon, despite all those 570 transformations.

Not in contact, no.  Once we graduate to the mansion worlds there is no way to contact anyone on our planet of nativity.   Likewise, we are not allowed to return to our native planet until after the onset of a new dispensation, but even then, only as part of the spiritual administration of the planet.

112.3.7  Upon death the Thought Adjuster temporarily loses personality, but not identity; the human subject temporarily loses identity, but not personality; on the mansion worlds both reunite in eternal manifestation. Never does a departed Thought Adjuster return to earth as the being of former indwelling; never is personality manifested without the human will; and never does a dis-Adjustered human being after death manifest active identity or in any manner establish communication with the living beings of earth. Such dis-Adjustered souls are wholly and absolutely unconscious during the long or short sleep of death. There can be no exhibition of any sort of personality or ability to engage in communications with other personalities until after completion of survival. Those who go to the mansion worlds are not permitted to send messages back to their loved ones. It is the policy throughout the universes to forbid such communication during the period of a current dispensation.

39:4.15   . . . These very space traversers will sometime carry you to and from the various worlds of the system headquarters group, and when you have finished the Jerusem assignment, they will carry you forward to Edentia. But under no circumstances will they carry you backward to the world of human origin. A mortal never returns to his native planet during the dispensation of his temporal existence, and if he should return during a subsequent dispensation, he would be escorted by a transport seraphim of the universe

150:3.5 3. The spirits of the dead do not come back to communicate with their families or their onetime friends among the living.

146:7.2 Jesus further explained to his apostles that the spirits of departed human beings do not come back to the world of their origin to communicate with their living fellows. Only after the passing of a dispensational age would it be possible for the advancing spirit of mortal man to return to earth and then only in exceptional cases and as a part of the spiritual administration of the planet.

urantia4me
    Participant

Hello everyone (and in particular Bonita),

On the one hand, I am always glad to read quotes from the Urantia book, even if they prove my ideas to be wrong – I learn much from comparing and contrasting ideas.  From the quotes Bonita provided, it seems like the Urantia book clearly does NOT support the idea of human reincarnation.  But I must confess that ideas I posted in my previous post were NOT originally my ideas – ironically, those ideas about how people could be misinterpreting real phenomena as reincarnation was previously posted by Dean White, who belongs to the Urantia Book Fellowship and who has a very good article titled, “Some Thoughts On Reincarnation” which is among the first few weblinks that appears on Google when I type the search words “Urantia” & “Reincarnation”.  So perhaps everyone on this forum should read what he wrote before being so easily tempted to dismiss reincarnation as complete nonsense.

It’s unfortunate that I am a relatively slow reader, for I like to think carefully whenever I read what I consider to be valuable information.  And for me, reading all that I can about what MAY happen after we physically die is something I really value; hence the reason I am now reading the parts of the Urantia book that deal with that subject.  I have read many sources on that subject, for I don’t want to be too surprised after I physically die.  One thing that I have wondered as I read the Urantia book and the comments throughout this forum is, “Are we all clear on the meanings and connotations of words?”  I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that Edgar Cayce had a somewhat different concept of reincarnation than what is traditionally believed by Hindus and Buddhists, but it seemed like the Urantia book only addresses the traditional views.  That is odd, for the Edgar Cayce readings had been documented several years before the Urantia book was produced.  Another example of unclear/unknown words is the term “midwayers” – it would be nice to know exactly who or what they are – not just a definition, but also a comparable word or concept we are more familiar with to further clarify.  At this point, I think midwayers are the elemental beings/nature spirits within the Devic Kingdom, like elves, fairies, etc.  I feel like those who are whole-heartedly promoting the Urantia book would reach more people if connections like that were made.  Not long ago, I searched for references to the ancient Atlantians in the Urantia book but found no direct reference.  But a few things I read about the Andites sounded somewhat similar to what I had read about the Atlantians.  Fortunately, both the Urantia book and Edgar Cayce provided much material on the Lucifer Rebellion and the Life of Jesus for comparison and contrast – for those who may not take the time to read and compare, they are much in agreement on those subjects.

Since many of us appreciate direct quotes from the Urantia book, I will now quote from it, specifically from Paper 48, Chapter 2, Verse 46: “All morontia transition realms are accessible alike to material and spirit beings.  As morontia progressors YOU WILL REMAIN IN FULL CONTACT WITH THE MATERIAL WORLD AND WITH MATERIAL PERSONALITIES, while you will increasingly discern and fraternize with spirit beings…”  I would love to hear Bonita’s (and anyone else’s) explanation of that portion of the Urantia book, especially the part I emphasized which seems to contradict what the Urantia book clearly says in the other parts that Bonita recently quoted.  By the way, the prior verse in that section seems like it’s describing the Akashic records.

There is something odd about such criticism in the Urantia book regarding reincarnation.  For thousands of years, reincarnation has been taught as the natural result of reaping (in a different lifetime) what a person had sown in a prior lifetime.  During that time, any of the Divine beings could have made attempts to correct that so-called “error” before it became so widespread.  Instead, they wait until the last century to set the record straight and then virtually ridicule those who believed such “nonsense” for thousands of years.  By the way, does anyone else think that is an un-empathic response?!  Speaking of empathy, I have often heard that is one of the main reasons why human reincarnate, for it’s one thing to say you are empathetic, but another thing to develop true empathy after walking in another person’s shoes, as the saying goes.  How could we possibly develop empathy for our fellow humans by only living one very brief, physical life on Earth?!  Likewise, I have also heard that reincarnation was similar to the idea of “practice makes perfect”.  Why would we be allowed to enter a very long morontia life/career without having gained solid maturity and perspective in the physical life that we so quickly leave behind?!  From what is in the Urantia book, most of us will certainly NOT move that quickly from one mansion world into the next.  Logically, there should be similar patterns in both the physical realm and the mansion worlds regarding how we make progress. And honestly, where is there justice if people like Hitler can cause such death and destruction, then commit suicide, then wake up in the afterlife to be asked (along with so many humans who lived far better lives) if he is willing to “make progress” or just become “non-existent”?!  Those are some of the logical/philosophical reasons why I am NOT so quick to dismiss SOME aspects of reincarnation, even though I still enjoy reading the Urantia book.  Maybe I should develop a different word that more accurately captures my ideas on reincarnation without using that word :-)

Blessings to everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 563 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.