Questions about the Urantia reserve corps of destiny

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Questions about the Urantia reserve corps of destiny

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Bradly,

I wasn’t mindful of what you and Bonita (and no doubt others) feel about the recent election and its unfortunate outcome, and I regret it. Again, I did not intend to stir things up. To me it’s relevant to the topic. But I’ll be sure to keep in mind that I need to respect the sensitivity of others to the issue. Ok?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Two things: I’ll bet that reservists never become aware that they ever functioned as such. Not in this life nor the life ever after. I’ll also bet that the person who outed the DNC emails is a reservist.

“VanAmadon”, If you feel that your statement is relative to the discussion, then this is your opinion, and I can see an underlying relevance, however, it may not be in good humor, as might have been intended?

Nevertheless, for those who find “VanAmadon”‘s post differential, I would suggest just ignoring those posts which you think do not apply. Fore, the replies which have been presented, and if true to there context, it would seem to add fuel to the fire, and for the most part, may imply a less dignified manor than what might have been learned from Jesus’ teachings.  I have learned from working and interacting with a verity of persons who might otherwise be considered as the least among us, to have something of value to contribute, even though one might need to pick and choose from multiple responses.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Thanks Midi – and naturally he’s done it again already…assuming someone else’s political position or preferences.  My politics are complex and are no more relevant than nod’s most recent “Not-ism”.  He continues to presume much….like the possession of wit for example as you point out.  I’ve known funny people with and without wit….but the witless primarily laugh at or with only themselves truly!  Self amusement is just another form of self importance.  Just sayin’…..

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I’ll also bet that the person who outed the DNC emails is a reservist.

This shout should be removed from the forum. You are allowing yourself to misbehave, VanAmadom. To me your statement demonstrates your lack of self-control. Please retract your *bet*. It has nothing to do with the UB and the study of the teachings in the UB. Your statement does nothing to edify yourself or anyone else reading this forum. It is the statement a troll would make.

Wow, sorry for that Mara. I can delete my post if you like but it’s been quoted now.

I should have said that I’ll bet Alan Turing was a reservist.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

“VanAmadon”, If you feel that your statement is relative to the discussion, then this is your opinion, and I can see an underlying relevance, however, it may not be in good humor, as might have been intended?

I wasn’t thinking of it in terms of being funny at all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Midi – and naturally he’s done it again already…assuming someone else’s political position or preferences. My politics are complex and are no more relevant than nod’s most recent “Not-ism”. He continues to presume much….like the possession of wit for example as you point out. I’ve known funny people with and without wit….but the witless primarily laugh at or wit only themselves truly! Self amusement is just another form of self importance. Just sayin’…..

Evidently, Bradly, you did not get the underlying point that I had intended, where the first two words of your post would have been sufficient.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Got it.  = )

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wasn’t thinking of it in terms of being funny at all.

I know, but it would have seemed to be the appropriate additive, where as this topic is in reference to “reservist”, your statement, would seem to have been misunderstood, although the underlying reasoning may have been reversed in lieu of the way the contributing posts have been moving.  More detail may have clarified your position better.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

I was only trying to think of an event where a reservist had participated. On the one hand it seems to me that for every pivotal event in history, a reservist was involved. On the other, this doesn’t make sense. I often wonder about it. I should’ve stayed out of this conversation because I was enjoying it a lot.

Now I’m a troll.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Your implication that any training given to any individual, reservists aside, indicates that this occurs while sleeping.  This may be true but not necessarily correct, being that in some cases rem-sleep can be accessed by those who are actually conscious.

REM sleep is not deep sleep.  REM on an EEG is actually closer to an awake EEG.  Awake produces beta and gamma waves with a transition to alpha waves and some theta waves during sleep.  Deep sleep produces fairly uniform, large, slow delta waves.  REM is close to wakefulness with the barriers dropped to interference from the sub-conscious mind, which is filled with incongruous, garbled stuff.  I doubt REM is the ideal state of sleep for contact with celestial forces.  There’s way too much interference and too much physiological stuff going on, such increased heart rate, respirations and muscular activity.  However, don’t get me wrong,  I’m not saying that the deep mind is the same as deep sleep.  That being said, I’m sure the deep mind is not chaotic and disorganized as is the case of the material mind during REM sleep.  And frankly, if I were designing the system, I would choose NREM delta sleep for contact, a time when all is calm and consciousness is not possible . . .  like deep general anesthesia, when the mind hasn’t a clue as to what’s going on . . . just sayin’.  Incidentally, people can dream at all stages of sleep, not just REM.  It’s just that 90% of people report dreams when awakened during REM sleep.  Sleep deprivation causes REM to overflow into wakefulness, which is why people go crazy and it’s used as a torture technique.  The subconscious can be quite gruesome.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

VanAmadon wrote: Now I’m a troll.

Just now?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Wow, sorry for that Mara.

I learned lack of self-control on this forum the hard way by my own hand (I’m wearing a black armband).

I should have said that I’ll bet Alan Turing was a reservist.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. But to me this topic is not about playing a guessing game about betting about who is or who is not a reservist.  Worldwide, people do know who the Pope is, but worldwide – the audience of this forum – few know who is Alan Turing.  Name dropping is a distraction in my opinion.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Now I’m a troll.

So says you, VanAmadon.

I did not say you were a troll.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Do you guys remember this quote:

110:7.10 During the making and breaking of a contact between the mortal mind of a destiny reservist and the planetary supervisors, sometimes the indwelling Adjuster is so situated that it becomes possible to transmit a message to the mortal partner. Not long since, on Urantia, such a message was transmitted by a self-acting Adjuster to the human associate, a member of the reserve corps of destiny. This message was introduced by these words: “And now, without injury or jeopardy to the subject of my solicitous devotion and without intent to overchastise or discourage, for me, make record of this my plea to him.” Then followed a beautifully touching and appealing admonition. Among other things, the Adjuster pleaded “that he more faithfully give me his sincere co-operation, more cheerfully endure the tasks of my emplacement, more faithfully carry out the program of my arrangement, more patiently go through the trials of my selection, more persistently and cheerfully tread the path of my choosing, more humbly receive credit that may accrue as a result of my ceaseless endeavors – thus transmit my admonition to the man of my indwelling. Upon him I bestow the supreme devotion and affection of a divine spirit. And say further to my beloved subject that I will function with wisdom and power until the very end, until the last earth struggle is over; I will be true to my personality trust. And I exhort him to survival, not to disappoint me, not to deprive me of the reward of my patient and intense struggle. On the human will our achievement of personality depends. Circle by circle I have patiently ascended this human mind, and I have testimony that I am meeting the approval of the chief of my kind. Circle by circle I am passing on to judgment. I await with pleasure and without apprehension the roll call of destiny; I am prepared to submit all to the tribunals of the Ancients of Days.”

Besides being the most beautiful quote in the entire book, it is intriguing that such a long and detailed message got through to a reservist.  Do you suppose he/she got the full message intact? To me that’s mind boggling.  I’m curious what they mean by the Adjuster being “so situated”.  It’s exciting to think about.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

“. . . On the human will our achievement of personality depends.”

Love it!

1:3.7   In the inner experience of man, mind is joined to matter. Such material-linked minds cannot survive mortal death. The technique of survival is embraced in those adjustments of the human will and those transformations in the mortal mind whereby such a God-conscious intellect gradually becomes spirit taught and eventually spirit led.

100:4.2  [. . .]  And the human intellect protests against being weaned from subsisting upon the nonspiritual energies of temporal existence. The slothful animal mind rebels at the effort required to wrestle with cosmic problem solving.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.