Living Loyally

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Living Loyally

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    emanny3003
    Blocked

In short, let yourself go; let God be in you and be in Him.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Jesus opened his ordination speech to the twelve in Paper 140 by pointing out a few facts of loyal living:

• Life is aimless and unhappy without a worthy goal.
    • Every mortal craves to be a complete person.
    • Emotional responses to life can be modified in order to improve character.
    • Emotional attitudes concerned with making decisions in life should be based on the concept fatherly love.
    • The universe is truly fatherly.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Living loyally requires the modification of emotional reactions to the environment.  The goal of loyal living is to allow the Adjuster to thread the spirit patterns of a universe character on the cosmic loom of morontia fabric (the soul).  (111:2.2) It is this universe character which is growing through the efforts of loyal living.  The UB has plenty to say about our characters, what they are now and what they are becoming.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Living loyally requires the modification of emotional reactions to the environment. The goal of loyal living is to allow the Adjuster to thread the spirit patterns of a universe character on the cosmic loom of morontia fabric (the soul). (111:2.2) It is this universe character which is growing through the efforts of loyal living. The UB has plenty to say about our characters, what they are now and what they are becoming.

I must Ask: ? The statement above, how does (111:2.2) apply or work into “Living Loyally” ?

Where the UB quote mentioned and the preceding and following quote, really don’t reference “Living” or “Loyally” (loyalty) within its context, other than its relation to “the soul” ?

(1217.5) 111:2.1 Throughout the mind functions of cosmic intelligence, the totality of mind is dominant over the parts of intellectual function. Mind, in its essence, is functional unity; therefore does mind never fail to manifest this constitutive unity, even when hampered and hindered by the unwise actions and choices of a misguided self. And this unity of mind invariably seeks for spirit co-ordination on all levels of its association with selves of will dignity and ascension prerogatives.

(1217.6) 111:2.2 The material mind of mortal man is the cosmic loom that carries the morontia fabrics on which the indwelling Thought Adjuster threads the spirit patterns of a universe character of enduring values and divine meanings — a surviving soul of ultimate destiny and unending career, a potential finaliter.

(1218.1) 111:2.3 The human personality is identified with mind and spirit held together in functional relationship by life in a material body. This functioning relationship of such mind and spirit does not result in some combination of the qualities or attributes of mind and spirit but rather in an entirely new, original, and unique universe value of potentially eternal endurance, the soul.

What is the intended relationship to the posting?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I think that becomes clear by reading more of the same Paper where later is a summation of living loyally (consecration?) results:

5. The Consecration of Choice

(1221.2) 111:5.1 The doing of the will of God is nothing more or less than an exhibition of creature willingness to share the inner life with God — with the very God who has made such a creature life of inner meaning-value possible. Sharing is Godlike — divine. God shares all with the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, while they, in turn, share all things with the divine Sons and spirit Daughters of the universes.

(1221.3) 111:5.2 The imitation of God is the key to perfection; the doing of his will is the secret of survival and of perfection in survival.

(1221.4) 111:5.3 Mortals live in God, and so God has willed to live in mortals. As men trust themselves to him, so has he — and first — trusted a part of himself to be with men; has consented to live in men and to indwell men subject to the human will.

(1221.5) 111:5.4 Peace in this life, survival in death, perfection in the next life, service in eternity — all these are achieved (in spirit) now when the creature personality consents — chooses — to subject the creature will to the Father’s will. And already has the Father chosen to make a fragment of himself subject to the will of the creature personality.

(1221.6) 111:5.5 Such a creature choice is not a surrender of will. It is a consecration of will, an expansion of will, a glorification of will, a perfecting of will; and such choosing raises the creature will from the level of temporal significance to that higher estate wherein the personality of the creature son communes with the personality of the spirit Father.

(1221.7) 111:5.6 This choosing of the Father’s will is the spiritual finding of the spirit Father by mortal man, even though an age must pass before the creature son may actually stand in the factual presence of God on Paradise. This choosing does not so much consist in the negation of creature will — “Not my will but yours be done” — as it consists in the creature’s positive affirmation: “It is my will that your will be done.”

;-)

emanny3003
    Blocked

Lots of pontification and bloated verbiage on the part of this Mighty Messenger. I would have advise him to have kept his “message” SIMPLE and pithy.

BE GOOD AND DO GOOD.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  I think that becomes clear by reading more of the same Paper where later is a summation of living loyally (consecration?) results:

(1221.2) 111:5.1 The doing of the will of God is nothing more or less than an exhibition of creature willingness to share the inner life with God — with the very God who has made such a creature life of inner meaning-value possible. Sharing is Godlike — divine. God shares all with the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, while they, in turn, share all things with the divine Sons and spirit Daughters of the universes.

(1221.3) 111:5.2 The imitation of God is the key to perfection; the doing of his will is the secret of survival and of perfection in survival.

(1221.4) 111:5.3 Mortals live in God, and so God has willed to live in mortals. As men trust themselves to him, so has he — and first — trusted a part of himself to be with men; has consented to live in men and to indwell men subject to the human will.

(1221.5) 111:5.4 Peace in this life, survival in death, perfection in the next life, service in eternity — all these are achieved (in spirit) now when the creature personality consents — chooses — to subject the creature will to the Father’s will. And already has the Father chosen to make a fragment of himself subject to the will of the creature personality.

(1221.6) 111:5.5 Such a creature choice is not a surrender of will. It is a consecration of will, an expansion of will, a glorification of will, a perfecting of will; and such choosing raises the creature will from the level of temporal significance to that higher estate wherein the personality of the creature son communes with the personality of the spirit Father.

(1221.7) 111:5.6 This choosing of the Father’s will is the spiritual finding of the spirit Father by mortal man, even though an age must pass before the creature son may actually stand in the factual presence of God on Paradise. This choosing does not so much consist in the negation of creature will — “Not my will but yours be done” — as it consists in the creature’s positive affirmation: “It is my will that your will be done.” ;-)

I do not tire of reading  the references you and others cite.  Thank you for bringing these forward.

emanny3003
    Blocked

I do not tire of reading  the references you and others cite.  Thank you for bringing these forward.

Do you tire of persons? Are these words that you tirelessly cling to giving you comfort? Are you comforted by the dead or by the living? Why do you look for the living among the dead? Let the dead bury the dead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think that becomes clear by reading more of the same Paper where later is a summation of living loyally (consecration?) results:

So, based on your response above, the “summation of living loyally” is “(consecration?)” . . . which by “consecration?”, are you inferring: “the act of consecrating; dedication to the service and worship of a deity”, or, the “ordination to a sacred office, especially to the episcopate.”  Where to “consecrate” could also imply: “to make or declare sacred; set apart or dedicate to the service of a deity”, or “to make (something) an object of honor or veneration; hallow”, or “to devote or dedicate to some purpose”.

But the section of the UB which you sited is the “Consecration of Choice”, which is fine when referencing the Thought Adjuster, but “Living Loyally”, or “loyalty” in most cases refers to “devotion to highest duty”:

(51.11) 3:5.12 7. Is loyalty — devotion to highest duty — desirable? Then must man carry on amid the possibilities of betrayal and desertion. The valor of devotion to duty consists in the implied danger of default.

Where “Living Loyally” just might imply, that in life the “highest duty” could be making a choice, which may imply that that choice will fail in error, or at best taking a chance that one has made the wrong choice.  But it would seem that taking a chance that a person will, or doing, might not be the Father’s Will, where by failure, would gain experience to know what God’s Will actually might be?

It would seem that “God shares all with the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit,” but they pass it down to “the divine Sons and spirit Daughters”, where as created creatures, having the potential of being “divine Sons and spirit Daughters”, it would require addition choices to be made and at the same time many failures, and additional requirements, before we could fall into that status.

The “secret of survival” is the understanding of ones reality, and the “imitation of God” is to know God, or the Father, and having had a face to face, or eye to eye and ear to ear, relationship with Him, or Her as whatever suits the perspective.

It is true that men must “trust themselves to him”, but that He “trusted a part of himself to be with men” would imply that “part” is in jeopardy based on “human will” where if one makes a choice which may not be according to His Will, in His manipulation of the responsibility of a sincere “devotion to duty” even having failed, one can be assured to learn what God’s Will would or should be.  Also, by His mercy, and the creatures sincerity, and the distribution of this mercy to other creatures, will one know and understand our Father’s Will.

“All these are achieved (in spirit)”, but the big question is “when the creature personality consents”, would imply that “already has the Father chosen” by the gift of the Thought Adjuster, to those who He has deemed worthy.  The only thing they lack is experience in life, and death.

Yes, the “consecration of will” is that of the creatures personality with the Father, as one in fusion of the spirit minds, but the creature’s “communes” must be understood, and is not always relayed in specific communication.  This would require a better understanding of reality.

(1221.7) 111:5.6 This choosing of the Father’s will is the spiritual finding of the spirit Father by mortal man, even though an age must pass before the creature son may actually stand in the factual presence of God on Paradise. This choosing does not so much consist in the negation of creature will — “Not my will but yours be done” — as it consists in the creature’s positive affirmation: “It is my will that your will be done.” [And if this choice is made, sooner or later will the God-choosing son find inner union (fusion) with the indwelling God fragment, while this same perfecting son will find supreme personality satisfaction in the worship communion of the personality of man and the personality of his Maker, two personalities whose creative attributes have eternally joined in self-willed mutuality of expression — the birth of another eternal partnership of the will of man and the will of God.]

It would seem that you failed to add a portion of your last UB quote, where I have added it and highlighted in blue, but I can understand why you might have omitted that portion.  Nevertheless, your response still does not answer my initial question to Bonita, but I expect little more of late.  If for no other protocol then to not mislead readers, you might have, at least, put a [ . . . ] at the end of the UB quote above, for the notation of your edit of the text.

emanny3003
    Blocked

[And if this choice is made, sooner or later will the God-choosing son find inner union (fusion) with the indwelling God fragment, while this same perfecting son will find supreme personality satisfaction in the worship communion of the personality of man and the personality of his Maker, two personalities whose creative attributes have eternally joined in self-willed mutuality of expression — the birth of another eternal partnership of the will of man and the will of God.]

Thanks Midi.

My question for Urantia book readers is; When will you stop reading TUB? Is it at the end of this life or at the time of fusion with your TA? When?

For those that Have made an idol of TUB, I have this warning. You cannot serve two Masters.

nelsong
    Participant

It’s just a book.

ill have it and read it till my last day on this planet.

I’d worry more about false prophets than a book.

Keryn
    Participant

It’s just a book. ill have it and read it till my last day on this planet. I’d worry more about false prophets than a book.

Same here.  I will never stop reading it, not because I make of it an idol, but because my limited human understanding take a verrrrrry long time to fully plumb the depths and layers of insights and wisdom contained in TUB.  My desire to learn and to grow is unending; therefore, my use of the book, in addition to other spiritual endeavors such as meditation, reading other books, and associating with my brothers and sisters, will never end.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

My question for Urantia book readers is; When will you stop reading TUB? Is it at the end of this life or at the time of fusion with your TA? When? For those that Have made an idol of TUB, I have this warning. You cannot serve two Masters.

Good thing you do not believe the words written in the UB Louis, for if you did you would know we will be reading and studying for a long time to come in more advanced and technical manuals and histories of all and more that is contained in this basic primer we have been given.  I wonder how you come by facts now?  Surely not in any text book or writings as words are false upon their utterance and writing.  The libraries of heaven will surely cause your reversion from such a nonsensical claim.  We will all get to laugh about our self confidence and assertions in this tadpole life of our birth.  That’ll be a hoot.

Been reading (and changing thereby) for 40 years almost…think I have much yet to learn by these words in this book.  What are you doing here Louis?  There is nothing in the book required for our salvation or progress in spirit.  Lay it down and walk away as you wish.  But please stop throwing stones at us who still read and find much to be glad about in this Revelation of universe facts and truth.  Peace.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Bradly wrote:

Thanks so much for this quote Bradly.  I think it’s vital to the concept of character growth and character growth is the result of living loyally.

The Adjuster brings with him the ideal character for each personality, and it’s up to each personality to chose to identify with that divine character.  Personality is unchanging, but character is meant to grow in divinity.  The Adjuster is the secret of one’s divine character attainment.  Loyal living is a consecration of will and a devotion to the effort required to realize the transformation of one’s character.

115:3.15 Actuality (of Deity) is what man seeks in the Paradise ascent. Potentiality (of human divinity) is what man evolves in that search. The Original is what makes possible the coexistence and integration of man the actual, man the potential, and man the eternal.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Keryn wrote: . . . My desire to learn and to grow is unending; therefore, my use of the book . . .
    Heck yeah!  What pilgrim wouldn’t want to read such a fantastic book?  Jesus read a lot of books too.  He spent at least five evenings a week in the library studying books.  If it was good for Jesus, it’s good for me.

129:1.9 At the Capernaum synagogue he found many new books in the library chests, and he spent at least five evenings a week at intense study.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 143 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.