Living Loyally

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Living Loyally

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    emanny3003
    Blocked

89:10.2 Sin must be redefined as deliberate disloyalty to Deity. There are degrees of disloyalty: the partial loyalty of indecision; the divided loyalty of confliction; the dying loyalty of indifference; and the death of loyalty exhibited in devotion to godless ideals.

Were the rebels disloyal to Gabriel’s administration or to Michael?  I suggest it was disloyalty to Gabriel alone.  Michael remained aloof to the rebellion so the rebels could not know if their disloyalty extended to Michael himself.  Gabriel is not deity,  but Michael is.  Are the rebels guilty of sin or just disagreeing with Gabriel?

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Were the rebels disloyal to Gabriel’s administration or to Michael? I suggest it was disloyalty to Gabriel alone. Michael remained aloof to the rebellion so the rebels could not know if their disloyalty extended to Michael himself. Gabriel is not deity, but Michael is. Are the rebels guilty of sin or just disagreeing with Gabriel?

Me here:  One need only to read to know the facts of this matter.   Never in my decades knowing students of the UB have I ever before met anyone who is Lucifer’s Advocate as you are Louis nor an accuser of Gabriel – either one.  An amazing display of falsehood and obsession you present here for all to witness.  It will not go unchallenged….and is clearly so false by the text itself.

3. The Lucifer Manifesto

(603.2) 53:3.1 Whatever the early origins of trouble in the hearts of Lucifer and Satan, the final outbreak took form as the Lucifer Declaration of Liberty. The cause of the rebels was stated under three heads:

(603.3) 53:3.2 1. The reality of the Universal Father. Lucifer charged that the Universal Father did not really exist, that physical gravity and space-energy were inherent in the universe, and that the Father was a myth invented by the Paradise Sons to enable them to maintain the rule of the universes in the Father’s name. He denied that personality was a gift of the Universal Father. He even intimated that the finaliters were in collusion with the Paradise Sons to foist fraud upon all creation since they never brought back a very clear-cut idea of the Father’s actual personality as it is discernible on Paradise. He traded on reverence as ignorance. The charge was sweeping, terrible, and blasphemous. It was this veiled attack upon the finaliters that no doubt influenced the ascendant citizens then on Jerusem to stand firm and remain steadfast in resistance to all the rebel’s proposals.

(603.4) 53:3.3 2. The universe government of the Creator Son — Michael. Lucifer contended that the local systems should be autonomous. He protested against the right of Michael, the Creator Son, to assume sovereignty of Nebadon in the name of a hypothetical Paradise Father and require all personalities to acknowledge allegiance to this unseen Father. He asserted that the whole plan of worship was a clever scheme to aggrandize the Paradise Sons. He was willing to acknowledge Michael as his Creator-father but not as his God and rightful ruler.

(603.5) 53:3.4 Most bitterly did he attack the right of the Ancients of Days — “foreign potentates” — to interfere in the affairs of the local systems and universes. These rulers he denounced as tyrants and usurpers. He exhorted his followers to believe that none of these rulers could do aught to interfere with the operation of complete home rule if men and angels only had the courage to assert themselves and boldly claim their rights.

(604.2) 53:3.7 And it was with such a Declaration of Liberty that Lucifer launched his orgy of darkness and death.

(607.5) 53:7.4 This was a Lanonandek rebellion. The higher orders of local universe sonship did not join the Lucifer secession, although a few of the Life Carriers stationed on the rebel planets were somewhat influenced by the rebellion of the disloyal princes. None of the Trinitized Sons went astray. The Melchizedeks, archangels, and the Brilliant Evening Stars were all loyal to Michael and, with Gabriel, valiantly contended for the Father’s will and the Son’s rule.

(614.8) 54:2.3 Lucifer’s folly was the attempt to do the nondoable, to short-circuit time in an experiential universe. Lucifer’s crime was the attempted creative disenfranchisement of every personality in Satania, the unrecognized abridgment of the creature’s personal participation — freewill participation — in the long evolutionary struggle to attain the status of light and life both individually and collectively. In so doing this onetime Sovereign of your system set the temporal purpose of his own will directly athwart the eternal purpose of God’s will as it is revealed in the bestowal of free will upon all personal creatures. The Lucifer rebellion thus threatened the maximum possible infringement of the freewill choice of the ascenders and servers of the system of Satania — a threat forevermore to deprive every one of these beings of the thrilling experience of contributing something personal and unique to the slowly erecting monument to experiential wisdom which will sometime exist as the perfected system of Satania. Thus does the Lucifer manifesto, masquerading in the habiliments of liberty, stand forth in the clear light of reason as a monumental threat to consummate the theft of personal liberty and to do it on a scale that has been approached only twice in all the history of Nebadon.

(615.1) 54:2.4 In short, what God had given men and angels Lucifer would have taken away from them, that is, the divine privilege of participating in the creation of their own destinies and of the destiny of this local system of inhabited worlds.

(615.2) 54:2.5 No being in all the universe has the rightful liberty to deprive any other being of true liberty, the right to love and be loved, the privilege of worshiping God and of serving his fellows.

There’s much more available in text which clearly charges Lucifer and Caligastia with self worship, high treason, betrayal, and more crimes against Father, Michael, and every being in all of Nebadon by the Manifesto of self assertion and the denial of God Almighty.  Gabriel has nothing at all to do with Lucifer’s crime….nor his self selected punishment of universe irrelevance and ultimate self extermination thereby if he does not repent and receive the mercy offered.  Your defense of Lucifer and your denial of his crimes is peculiarly distasteful and challenges the power, purpose, and plan of God and that of our local Creator Son and his first born, whose loyalty and wisdom have not been challenged by anyone……except Louis of course.  Good grief!

:-(

emanny3003
    Blocked

Lucifer charged that the Universal Father did not really exist, that physical gravity and space-energy were inherent in the universe, and that the Father was a myth invented by the Paradise Sons to enable them to maintain the rule of the universes in the Father’s name.

How can someone be disloyal to deity if the deity is not even acknowledged?

Lucifer contended that the local systems should be autonomous. He protested against the right of Michael, the Creator Son, to assume sovereignty of Nebadon in the name of a hypothetical Paradise Father and require all personalities to acknowledge allegiance to this unseen Father.

Again, did not Lucifer deny the Father? He cannot be disloyal to someone he denies.  You can deny the Father.  Have you ever in your life denied the existence of God?  Well, off with your head!

Have you ever protested? Well, off with your head!

He asserted…

Have you ever asserted something, Bradly?  Well, off with your head!

These rulers he denounced as tyrants and usurpers.

Have you ever called someone names, Bradly, like moron or Lucifer’s Advocate?  Well off with your head!

(604.2) 53:3.7 And it was with such a Declaration of Liberty that Lucifer launched his orgy of darkness and death.

Kind of like the Declaration of Independence, no?  Are you an American Bradly? Well, off with your head!

The Melchizedeks, archangels, and the Brilliant Evening Stars were all loyal to Michael and, with Gabriel, valiantly contended for the Father’s will and the Son’s rule.

But Michael remained aloof to the rebellion!  And the Son is like the Father.

Lucifer’s folly was the attempt to do the nondoable, to short-circuit time in an experiential universe.

Have you ever attempted to do the undoable, Bradly, in order to save time?  Well, off with your head!

The Lucifer rebellion thus threatened the maximum possible infringement of the freewill choice of the ascenders and servers of the system of Satania…

Wait, I thought it was  the Declaration of Liberty that was the problem.

(615.1) 54:2.4 In short, what God had given men and angels Lucifer would have taken away from them, that is, the divine privilege of participating in the creation of their own destinies and of the destiny of this local system of inhabited worlds.

God gives and God ALONE can take away.

(615.2) 54:2.5 No being in all the universe has the rightful liberty to deprive any other being of true liberty, the right to love and be loved, the privilege of worshiping God and of serving his fellows.

You Bradly, cannot take away my right to think and ask questions.

Your defense of Lucifer and your denial of his crimes is peculiarly distasteful and challenges the power, purpose, and plan of God and that of our local Creator Son and his first born, whose loyalty and wisdom have not been challenged by anyone……except Louis of course.  Good grief!

I neither deny nor defend anyone or anything.  This is your imagination or bearing false witness on your part.  Show me.  I only challenge your fragile beliefs that cannot be questioned.

Are you ASSERTING that I, Louis, challenge the power, purpose, and plan of God?  Well, its off to the tribunals of The Ancients of Days for you, Bradly

emanny3003
    Blocked

Bradly wrote:

Lucifer charged that the Universal Father did not really exist, that physical gravity and space-energy were inherent in the universe, and that the Father was a myth invented by the Paradise Sons to enable them to maintain the rule of the universes in the Father’s name.

How can someone be disloyal to deity if the deity is not even acknowledged?

Bradly wrote:

Lucifer contended that the local systems should be autonomous. He protested against the right of Michael, the Creator Son, to assume sovereignty of Nebadon in the name of a hypothetical Paradise Father and require all personalities to acknowledge allegiance to this unseen Father.

Again, did not Lucifer deny the Father? He cannot be disloyal to someone he denies.  You can deny the Father.  Have you ever in your life denied the existence of God?  Well, off with your head! Have you ever protested? Well, off with your head!

Bradly wrote:

He asserted…

Have you ever asserted something, Bradly?  Well, off with your head!

Bradly wrote:

These rulers he denounced as tyrants and usurpers.

Have you ever called someone names, Bradly, like moron or Lucifer’s Advocate?  Well off with your head!

Bradly wrote:

(604.2) 53:3.7 And it was with such a Declaration of Liberty that Lucifer launched his orgy of darkness and death. Kind of like the Declaration of Independence, no?  Are you an American Bradly? Well, off with your head!

Bradly wrote:

The Melchizedeks, archangels, and the Brilliant Evening Stars were all loyal to Michael and, with Gabriel, valiantly contended for the Father’s will and the Son’s rule.

But Michael remained aloof to the rebellion!  And the Son is like the Father.

Bradly wrote:

Lucifer’s folly was the attempt to do the nondoable, to short-circuit time in an experiential universe.

Have you ever attempted to do the undoable, Bradly, in order to save time?  Well, off with your head!

Bradly wrote:

The Lucifer rebellion thus threatened the maximum possible infringement of the freewill choice of the ascenders and servers of the system of Satania…

Wait, I thought it was  the Declaration of Liberty that was the problem.

Bradly wrote:

God gives and God ALONE can take away.

Bradly wrote:

You Bradly, cannot take away my right to think and ask questions.

Bradly wrote:

Your defense of Lucifer and your denial of his crimes is peculiarly distasteful and challenges the power, purpose, and plan of God and that of our local Creator Son and his first born, whose loyalty and wisdom have not been challenged by anyone……except Louis of course.  Good grief!

I neither deny nor defend anyone or anything.  This is your imagination or bearing false witness on your part.  Show me.  I only challenge your fragile beliefs that cannot be questioned. Are you ASSERTING that I, Louis, challenge the power, purpose, and plan of God?  Well, its off to the tribunals of The Ancients of Days for you, Bradly

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote:  There’s much more available in text which clearly charges Lucifer and Caligastia with self worship, high treason, betrayal, and more crimes against Father, Michael, and every being in all of Nebadon by the Manifesto of self assertion and the denial of God Almighty.  Gabriel has nothing at all to do with Lucifer’s crime….nor his self selected punishment of universe irrelevance and ultimate self extermination thereby if he does not repent and receive the mercy offered.  Your defense of Lucifer and your denial of his crimes is peculiarly distasteful and challenges the power, purpose, and plan of God and that of our local Creator Son and his first born, whose loyalty and wisdom have not been challenged by anyone……except Louis of course.  Good grief!

I’ll ditto that!  It’s at the point where not a single personality in all of Satania has any interest in visiting or ministering to Lucifer on the prison worlds.  And he hasn’t been able to win over a single soul for two thousand years, until now! Remarkable!

53:9.5 Since Michael’s final bestowal no one in all Satania has desired to go to the prison worlds to minister to the interned rebels. And no more beings have been won to the deceiver’s cause. For nineteen hundred years the status has been unchanged.

It’s like Lucifer already doesn’t exist.  He’s a personality in virtual isolation because of his adamant refusal to accept reality and his wholehearted rejection of salvation. Lucifer has not repented at all, he has not returned to the Father asking his forgiveness, unlike the prodigal son, who did return to the Father, who tearfully confessed his sins and begged to be allowed back.  Lucifer just sits in the prison, doing nothing but admiring himself.

169:1.9 And after they had thus met, the son looked up into his father’s tearful face and said: ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight; I am no more worthy to be called a son’ —

It is odd that the entire universe has closed its doors to Lucifer, except one.  And, it’s odd that Lucifer can still win over hearts to his cause despite being locked away on a prison world and unable to do so for two thousand years.  Perhaps the roaming Caligastia, his advocate, is still wreaking havoc with some people’s minds in order to help bolster Lucifer’s case.  But we are told that Caligastia can wreak havoc in the mind only if the human party is completely willing and really desires it so.  It’s pitiable, quite honestly.  Painfully sad.

p610:02 Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

emanny3003
    Blocked

I’ll ditto that!  It’s at the point where not a single personality in all of Satania has any interest in visiting or ministering to Lucifer on the prison worlds.  And he hasn’t been able to win over a single soul for two thousand years, until now! Remarkable!

Bonita thinks that the rebels have won me over. You do not have to be won over the the rebels in order to minister even to the criminally insane. how shameful to even presume that a brother is not worthy of ministry. Perhaps you, Bonita, and the rest of the shameful universe would do well to follow the example of your Universe father-brother.

133:4.12 To the condemned criminal he said at the last hour: “My brother, you have fallen on evil times. You lost your way; you became entangled in the meshes of crime. From talking to you, I well know you did not plan to do the thing which is about to cost you your temporal life. But you did do this evil, and your fellows have adjudged you guilty; they have determined that you shall die. You or I may not deny the state this right of self-defense in the manner of its own choosing. There seems to be no way of humanly escaping the penalty of your wrongdoing. Your fellows must judge you by what you did, but there is a Judge to whom you may appeal for forgiveness, and who will judge you by your real motives and better intentions. You need not fear to meet the judgment of God if your repentance is genuine and your faith sincere. The fact that your error carries with it the death penalty imposed by man does not prejudice the chance of your soul to obtain justice and enjoy mercy before the heavenly courts.”

If Lucifer exists and still occupies a place, then he is our brother! Who are you or anyone else to say he is not worthy of ministry, even if he had done all he is accused of and more. Shame, shame, shame!

It’s like Lucifer already doesn’t exist.  He’s a personality in virtual isolation because of his adamant refusal to accept reality and his wholehearted rejection of salvation. Lucifer has not repented at all, he has not returned to the Father asking his forgiveness, unlike the prodigal son, who did return to the Father, who tearfully confessed his sins and begged to be allowed back.  Lucifer just sits in the prison, doing nothing but admiring himself.

If lucifer is beyond salvation then he immediately is annihilated. He would hold no cell in prison. And you do not know any of the things you have said above, Bonita. If you presume to know, then you would be God.

It is odd that the entire universe has closed its doors to Lucifer, except one.  And, it’s odd that Lucifer can still win over hearts to his cause despite being locked away on a prison world and unable to do so for two thousand years.

Do you want to name the “one”, Bonita? You do not know who I am. Do you presume to be God?

Perhaps the roaming Caligastia, his advocate, is still wreaking havoc with some people’s minds in order to help bolster Lucifer’s case.  But we are told that Caligastia can wreak havoc in the mind only if the human party is completely willing and really desires it so.  It’s pitiable, quite honestly.  Painfully sad.

Perhaps you presume to be God. Michael and Father know what my name is. Do you, Bonita? Your pity is quite misplaced, quite honestly. I am joyful even if you are painfully sad for me.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

48:4.15 When we are tempted to magnify our self-importance, if we stop to contemplate the infinity of the greatness and grandeur of our Makers, our own self-glorification becomes sublimely ridiculous, even verging on the humorous.

Loyal living cannot possibly include self-glorification, or self-exaltation, or self-assertion.

175:1.10 If you presume to exalt yourselves before God, you will certainly be humbled; but whoso truly humbles himself will surely be exalted. Seek in your daily lives, not selfglorification, but the glory of God. Intelligently subordinate your own wills to the will of the Father in heaven.

emanny3003
    Blocked

48:4.15 When we are tempted to magnify our self-importance, if we stop to contemplate the infinity of the greatness and grandeur of our Makers, our own self-glorification becomes sublimely ridiculous, even verging on the humorous.

Loyal living cannot possibly include self-glorification, or self-exaltation, or self-assertion.

175:1.10 If you presume to exalt yourselves before God, you will certainly be humbled; but whoso truly humbles himself will surely be exalted. Seek in your daily lives, not selfglorification, but the glory of God. Intelligently subordinate your own wills to the will of the Father in heaven.

Absolutely, I could not agree more.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Loyalty to God’s will  does not always result in joy. Jesus was not having a good day doing his Father’s will hanging on that bloody tree, believe me. But the part of him that was suffering was the human part; his spirit was experiencing something entirely different. The trick is to relate to God’s will not only with human emotions, but with divine emotions. Jesus was filled with love for God and his fellow man even while his salty sweat burned into his wounds and he used every molecule of energy to take in a life sustaining breath through his parched, encrusted lips.  There is a part of us that is divine, and that is the best part.  Best to be loyal to it.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Loyalty to God’s will  does not always result in joy. Jesus was not having a good day doing his Father’s will hanging on that bloody tree, believe me. But the part of him that was suffering was the human part; his spirit was experiencing something entirely different. The trick is to relate to God’s will not only with human emotions, but with divine emotions. Jesus was filled with love for God and his fellow man even while his salty sweat burned into his wounds and he used every molecule of energy to take in a life sustaining breath through his parched, encrusted lips.  There is a part of us that is divine, and that is the best part.  Best to be loyal to it.

A bit dramatic but true none the less.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Living loyally means doing God’s will. Actually doing the Father’s will causes a shifting paradigm to occur with a new invasion of love into the soul.  Meanings and values begin to take on new forms. Misery only comes from trying to hold onto self-will rather than working to see the truth, beauty and goodness, the source of divine change within the soul.  The harder the moral choices, the greater the growth potential. It’s just the way it is for those who pass the fringe of conflict and confusion to enter the kingdom.  And the keys to the kingdom are sincerity, sincerity and more sincerity.

196:3.20 Every time man makes a reflective moral choice, he immediately experiences a new divine invasion of his soul. Moral choosing constitutes religion as the motive of inner response to outer conditions. But such a real religion is not a purely subjective experience. It signifies the whole of the subjectivity of the individual engaged in a meaningful and intelligent response to total objectivity — the universe and its Maker.

39:4.14 The keys of the kingdom of heaven are: sincerity, more sincerity, and more sincerity. All men have these keys. Men use them — advance in spirit status — by decisions, by more decisions, and by more decisions. The highest moral choice is the choice of the highest possible value, and always — in any sphere, in all of them — this is to choose to do the will of God. If man thus chooses, he is great, though he be the humblest citizen of Jerusem or even the least of mortals on Urantia.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Misery only comes from trying to hold onto self-will rather than working to see the truth, beauty and goodness, the source of divine change within the soul.

Misery loves company and you have lots of company here.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The self builds barriers for self protection all the time. Doing the Father’s will causes the barriers to come tumbling down, which seems like a bad thing because it makes one feel so vulnerable.  But in reality, if one would just stop freaking out, one would realize that what really happened is extraordinary and probably miraculous. Human emotions get riled up when the self  is exposed and vulnerable. If divine emotions are allowed to dominate, one may actually fall in love with their source. And in due time, come to the realization that one has begun to master the self, which means that the self-protective barriers are no longer necessary.

emanny3003
    Blocked

But in reality, if one would just stop freaking out, one would realize that what really happened is extraordinary and probably miraculous.

IOW, let it be, let it go.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

p1733:00 Many of your brethren have minds which accept the theory of God while they spiritually fail to realize the presence of God. And that is just the reason why I have so often taught you that the kingdom of heaven can best be realized by acquiring the spiritual attitude of a sincere child. It is not the mental immaturity of the child that I commend to you but rather the spiritual simplicity of such an easy-believing and fully-trusting little one. It is not so important that you should know about the fact of God as that you should increasingly grow in the ability to feel the presence of God.

This is one of my most favorite quotes in the entire book.  Living loyally is living in the kingdom of heaven.  The key to getting in is sincerity, while the key to staying in is to acquire the spiritual attitude of a sincere child which allows one to feel the presence of God.  Living loyally, must therefore be, willingness to not only live in the presence of God, but to be conscious of living in the presence of God.  This was the secret to Jesus’ life, the consciousness of the presence of God.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 143 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.