In the Beginning Was the Word

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions In the Beginning Was the Word

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    emanny3003
    Blocked

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Judas, stop telling on Nathaniel. You are a little tattle tale, Judas. Get a sense of humor, Judas.

And the UB tells us that the Spirit of Truth says the same thing:

TUB tells us that The Spirit of Truth says…

Who told us first? Which one was the first GPS? The living one or the dead one? Cheeky questions, no?

emanny3003
    Blocked

For those here that are humorless and are prone to report to the authorities of “inappropriate content”, there is this:

139:6.5 The apostles all loved and respected Nathaniel, and he got along with them splendidly, excepting Judas Iscariot. Judas did not think Nathaniel took his apostleship sufficiently seriously and once had the temerity to go secretly to Jesus and lodge complaint against him. Said Jesus: “Judas, watch carefully your steps; do not overmagnify your office. Who of us is competent to judge his brother? It is not the Father’s will that his children should partake only of the serious things of life. Let me repeat: I have come that my brethren in the flesh may have joy, gladness, and life more abundantly. Go then, Judas, and do well that which has been intrusted to you but leave Nathaniel, your brother, to give account of himself to God.” And the memory of this, with that of many similar experiences, long lived in the self-deceiving heart of Judas Iscariot.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

When Jesus was on earth, those who fraternized with him alluded to him as the Word of life (6:1.4).  More than just being the Word of life, or living Word of God, Jesus also referred to himself as the bread of life.  He asked that the communal bread we share with one another in his remembrance be the symbol of the living Word of truth. So, the Word is not only the Way, but the living truth as the way of life.

179:5.3 When they had finished drinking this new cup of remembrance, the Master took up the bread and, after giving thanks, broke it in pieces and, directing them to pass it around, said: “Take this bread of remembrance and eat it. I have told you that I am the bread of life. And this bread of life is the united life of the Father and the Son in one gift. The word of the Father, as revealed in the Son, is indeed the bread of life.” When they had partaken of the bread of remembrance, the symbol of the living word of truth incarnated in the likeness of mortal flesh, they all sat down.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Make sure that TUB is taken as a remembrance bread, a symbol, and not the living Word of Truth. Let it not become a Eucharistic meal of the blood and flesh of the Master.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

Words of truth only become living when they strike deep within the heart and make contact with the living root of truth, Jesus, also known as the living vine.

177:5.2 These multitudes listen to the truth and believe it superficially with their minds, but few of them permit the word of truth to strike down into the heart with living roots. Those who know the gospel only in the mind, and who have not experienced it in the heart, cannot be depended upon for support when real trouble comes.

emanny3003
    Blocked

Words of truth only become living when they strike deep within the heart and make contact with the living root of truth, Jesus, also known as the living vine.

Words of Truth cannot “become” living. Life proceeds only from life. Words of Truth are living, the Living Truth.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

The Word is a person.  Living Truth is a person.  The living God is a person.  The living Word is a person.  It’s so easy a caveman could do it.

emanny3003
    Blocked

The Word is a person. Living Truth is a person. The living God is a person. The living Word is a person. It’s so easy a caveman could do it.

A caveman is not literate to read TUB. Can a caveman do it without TUB? Are you coming to see my point here, Bonita?

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Bonita wrote:  The Word is a person. Living Truth is a person. The living God is a person. The living Word is a person.
    180:4:4   As the Master paused for a moment, Judas Alpheus made bold to ask one of the few questions which either he or his brother ever addressed to Jesus in public. Said Judas: “Master, you have always lived among us as a friend; how shall we know you when you no longer manifest yourself to us save by this spirit? If the world sees you not, how shall we be certain about you? How will you show yourself to us?”
    180:4:5   Jesus looked down upon them all, smiled, and said: “My little children, I am going away, going back to my Father. In a little while you will not see me as you do here, as flesh and blood. In a very short time I am going to send you my spirit, just like me except for this material body. This new teacher is the Spirit of Truth who will live with each one of you, in your hearts, and so will all the children of light be made one and be drawn toward one another. And in this very manner will my Father and I be able to live in the souls of each one of you and also in the hearts of all other men who love us and make that love real in their experiences by loving one another, even as I am now loving you.”
    180:5:1   The new helper which Jesus promised to send into the hearts of believers, to pour out upon all flesh, is the Spirit of Truth. This divine endowment is not the letter or law of truth, neither is it to function as the form or expression of truth. The new teacher is the conviction of truth, the consciousness and assurance of true meanings on real spirit levels. And this new teacher is the spirit of living and growing truth, expanding, unfolding, and adaptative truth.
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.