Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjudicated?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjudicated?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    André
    André
    Participant

G’day all,

Mara regarding your thread on “abjudication”.

What about Caligastia and Daligastia?

What settlement have been done concerning them?

Will it be possible they might still campaigned on Urantia?   …67:2.6  Not until every personality concerned had made a final decision, would or did the authorities of Edentia interfere or intervene.

Issue must be determinated !!!

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

What about Caligastia and Daligastia? What settlement have been done concerning them? Will it be possible they might still campaigned on Urantia?

Caligastia and Daligastia are still roaming around here, according to my understanding.  But they are powerless.

(53:8:5)  Caligastia was recognized by the Son of Man as the technical Prince of Urantia up to near the time of his death. Said Jesus: “Now is the judgment of this world; now shall the prince of this world be cast down.” And then still nearer the completion of his lifework he announced, “The prince of this world is judged.” And it is this same dethroned and discredited Prince who was once termed “God of Urantia.”
    The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.
    53:8:7  Before the bestowal of Michael these rulers of darkness sought to maintain their authority on Urantia, and they persistently withstood the minor and subordinate celestial personalities. But since the day of Pentecost this traitorous Caligastia and his equally contemptible associate, Daligastia, are servile before the divine majesty of the Paradise Thought Adjusters and the protective Spirit of Truth, the spirit of Michael, which has been poured out upon all flesh.
    Why are they allowed to roam? I’m not sure.  You provided some excellent points about how Urantia is now governed, and perhaps the uniqueness of our world and the ongoing litigation of the rebellion are factors that apply to their current status.

114:7.15 The loyal inhabited worlds of Satania are not governed as is Urantia.

114:0.4 (1250.4) Urantia is not without proper and effective supervision from the system, constellation, and universe rulers. But the planetary government is unlike that of any other world in the Satania system, even in all Nebadon. This uniqueness in your plan of supervision is due to a number of unusual circumstances:

114:0.5(1250.5) 1. The life modification status of Urantia.

114:0.6(1250.6) 2. The exigencies of the Lucifer rebellion.

114:0.7(1250.7) 3. The disruptions of the Adamic default.

114:0.8(1250.8) 4. The irregularities growing out of the fact that Urantia was one of the bestowal worlds of the Universe Sovereign. Michael of Nebadon is the Planetary Prince of Urantia.

114:0.9(1250.9) 5. The special function of the twenty-four planetary directors.

114:0.10(1250.10) 6. The location on the planet of an archangels’ circuit.

114:0.11(1250.11) 7. The more recent designation of the onetime incarnated Machiventa Melchizedek as vicegerent Planetary Prince.

Here are some clues about the future governance of Urantia.  The subject of the governance of Urantia would be a good topic to discuss.

55:7:3  When such an era is attained on your world, no doubt Machiventa Melchizedek, now the vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia, will occupy the seat of the Planetary Sovereign; and it has long been conjectured on Jerusem that he will be accompanied by a son and daughter of the Urantia Adam and Eve who are now held on Edentia as wards of the Most Highs of Norlatiadek. These children of Adam might so serve on Urantia in association with the Melchizedek-Sovereign since they were deprived of procreative powers almost 37,000 years ago at the time they gave up their material bodies on Urantia in preparation for transit to Edentia.
    114:3:4  The Urantia government is represented in the councils of Jerusem in accordance with an arrangement whereby the returning governor general sits as a temporary member of the System Sovereign’s cabinet of Planetary Princes. It was expected, when Machiventa was designated vicegerent Prince, that he would immediately assume his place in the council of the Planetary Princes of Satania, but thus far he has made no gesture in this direction.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Therefore, I know that you do not intent to present, from your presentations, that we need do nothing but sit around and wait for the authority or order to perform their function, where this is how I read into what you tend to present? As has been presented in the UB narrations above, we must allow for growth and cannot necessarily wait for others to help resolve our issues, here on Urantia. So, in some ways we must assert ourselves when we see an injustice being inflicted upon those who cannot help or defend themselves, regardless of cause.

Thank you for acknowledging my “intent” or lack of intent “that we need do nothing”.  I certainly agree that because one finds contentment and happiness and confidence in the fruits of the spirit, that we become enthused into action and face uncertainties with calm determination and courage!!  Any student of the Papers should be well versed in the concepts of service and serving others as this is the natural result of being connected to the circuitry of love – the living vine.  One may not progress far into the 7 circles without engaging in this circuit of self forgetting love and selfless service.  So I agree we are to assert and insert ourselves into the daily fray and the planetary suffering in personalized ways to overcome injustice and serve those who are victimized by others or by the accidents of time and the furies of nature.

Jesus gave us all instruction and example.  And one of those lessons is that faith in God and the rulers/administrators of the universe and those charged with planetary upliftment and progress through the mortal epochs does not result in indifference, complacency, or indolence.  That is very true.  Indeed, it is exactly the opposite; we become invigorated and undaunted in our efforts to serve others, including all others.  To me this IS the will of God – it is not a particular or specific thing of what to do (there is much to do and many ways to do it as there are beings doing it!) – the will of God is that we live in love and make our choices based on sincerity and with all the experience and wisdom we can apply to that effort of serving one another and loving one another.  And, perhaps, this brings us back to the subject of the Rebellion?

The exercise of free will brings results.  Free will that is sincerely motivated by love of others and service to others contributes to, expresses, and confirms universe reality and demonstrates true liberty.  Self centeredness and self importance and self love demonstrates false liberty.  Frankly, I am surprised that minds as those who embraced false liberty actually do so.  As one born with a dual nature, I can certainly understand how mortal borns attached to the lower adjutants hold onto ego and self love and self importance, at least on a primitive world or a confused world.  But many overcome their animal nature and transcend through the circle making process to discover the nature and power and purity of love.  It would appear that spiritual pride and love of self certainly can exist up to the System level.

An interesting, to me, side note here is the limits applied to the repercussions of sin.  The higher the being who sins, the wider the area of infection requiring the antidote and immune system response of love.  For example, I have committed no sin which reaches too far in its consequences (I don’t think) – perhaps my family and community; Hitler committed sins that affected most of a planet for a time; Caligastia’s sin affected a whole world for a long, long time; Lucifer’s folly infected an entire System.  Each of those are contained in consequence-effect and in time and space of a “local” nature.  This way provides for limits to consequences, confines effects in an area that can be quarantined, and the attentive focus of the power of love to overcome all evil, sin, and iniquity can be applied to the area so affected.  It appears medical or biological in some ways.

But the fact is that the results/consequences of love and truth, beauty, and goodness are NEVER confined or restrained locally – not by space or by time either – the consequences/effects of love are eternal, to the one and to the all.  It’s as if there is filter which allows love and its results to penetrate and flow freely while containing the poisons and the damage they cause close to the source of the sin and sinner.  Or so I understand it!

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

So…can I kill a conversation…or what?  = )

There were an issue raised earlier that piqued my interest and caused considerable reflection and research.  It was about the orderliness (or lack of order) in the universe and this led me to study more on “cosmic mind” – or the mind circuit in time and space subject to experiential perfecting.

We are taught that the closer one is to Paradise, the more orderly all things are and, conversely, the further out into time and space creation one is, the less orderly….or at least it appears.  Factually, all is very orderly.  But to the mortal eye, there seems to be much chaos and unpredictability.  I say “mortal eye”, but really it is only the mortals early in the mortal epochs or mortals on worlds of great confusion and without on-planet and visible leadership and without the great centers of example provided by the Prince’s city and the Garden of the Material Son and Daughter.

Urantia was already an unusual world in timing and sequence of bestowals but even so we too would have had both these planetary centers for hundreds of thousands of years in the case of Dalamatia, and tens of thousands of years of the Garden influence.  Consider how we might view the orderliness of the universe today without the rebellion and its local effects.

I think this is one purpose of the gift of the Papers to our world.  To provide a view that demonstrates how orderly everything truly is – the elimination of error and reduction of confusion really begins by the paradigm shift in perspective provided to us by the cosmological presentation of fact and truth.  These facts become well known on “normal” worlds generation after generation.  We are now about 1500 generations from the arrival of Adam and Eve.  We are only about 90 +/- generations after the Spirit of Truth was gifted.  Consider the progress made from that time 2200 – 2300 years ago when democracy and science and monotheism were first raised from the ashes of human history to be infused by the Spirit of the Son and the opening of the floodgates of the TAs!!

4:1.7 (55.5) A being of my order is able to discover ultimate harmony and to detect far-reaching and profound co-ordination in the routine affairs of universe administration. Much that seems disjointed and haphazard to the mortal mind appears orderly and constructive to my understanding. But there is very much going on in the universes that I do not fully comprehend. I have long been a student of, and am more or less conversant with, the recognized forces, energies, minds, morontias, spirits, and personalities of the local universes and the superuniverses. I have a general understanding of how these agencies and personalities operate, and I am intimately familiar with the workings of the accredited spirit intelligences of the grand universe. Notwithstanding my knowledge of the phenomena of the universes, I am constantly confronted with cosmic reactions which I cannot fully fathom. I am continually encountering apparently fortuitous conspiracies of the interassociation of forces, energies, intellects, and spirits, which I cannot satisfactorily explain.

4:1.10 (56.2) There is also an organic unity in the universes of time and space which seems to underlie the whole fabric of cosmic events. This living presence of the evolving Supreme Being, this Immanence of the Projected Incomplete, is inexplicably manifested ever and anon by what appears to be an amazingly fortuitous co-ordination of apparently unrelated universe happenings. This must be the function of Providence — the realm of the Supreme Being and the Conjoint Actor.

4:1.11 (56.3) I am inclined to believe that it is this far-flung and generally unrecognizable control of the co-ordination and interassociation of all phases and forms of universe activity that causes such a variegated and apparently hopelessly confused medley of physical, mental, moral, and spiritual phenomena so unerringly to work out to the glory of God and for the good of men and angels.

4:2.2 (56.6) Therefore, nature, as mortal man understands it, presents the underlying foundation and fundamental background of a changeless Deity and his immutable laws, modified by, fluctuating because of, and experiencing upheavals through, the working of the local plans, purposes, patterns, and conditions which have been inaugurated and are being carried out by the local universe, constellation, system, and planetary forces and personalities. For example: As God’s laws have been ordained in Nebadon, they are modified by the plans established by the Creator Son and Creative Spirit of this local universe; and in addition to all this the operation of these laws has been further influenced by the errors, defaults, and insurrections of certain beings resident upon your planet and belonging to your immediate planetary system of Satania.

4:2.3 (56.7) Nature is a time-space resultant of two cosmic factors: first, the immutability, perfection, and rectitude of Paradise Deity, and second, the experimental plans, executive blunders, insurrectionary errors, incompleteness of development, and imperfection of wisdom of the extra-Paradise creatures, from the highest to the lowest. Nature therefore carries a uniform, unchanging, majestic, and marvelous thread of perfection from the circle of eternity; but in each universe, on each planet, and in each individual life, this nature is modified, qualified, and perchance marred by the acts, the mistakes, and the disloyalties of the creatures of the evolutionary systems and universes; and therefore must nature ever be of a changing mood, whimsical withal, though stable underneath, and varied in accordance with the operating procedures of a local universe.

4:2.4 (57.1) Nature is the perfection of Paradise divided by the incompletion, evil, and sin of the unfinished universes. This quotient is thus expressive of both the perfect and the partial, of both the eternal and the temporal. Continuing evolution modifies nature by augmenting the content of Paradise perfection and by diminishing the content of the evil, error, and disharmony of relative reality.

4:2.7 (57.4) The apparent defects of the natural world are not indicative of any such corresponding defects in the character of God. Rather are such observed imperfections merely the inevitable stop-moments in the exhibition of the ever-moving reel of infinity picturization. It is these very defect-interruptions of perfection-continuity which make it possible for the finite mind of material man to catch a fleeting glimpse of divine reality in time and space. The material manifestations of divinity appear defective to the evolutionary mind of man only because mortal man persists in viewing the phenomena of nature through natural eyes, human vision unaided by morontia mota or by revelation, its compensatory substitute on the worlds of time.

9:4.3 (102.3) The Conjoint Creator is absolute only in the domain of mind, in the realms of universal intelligence. The mind of the Third Source and Center is infinite; it utterly transcends the active and functioning mind circuits of the universe of universes. The mind endowment of the seven superuniverses is derived from the Seven Master Spirits, the primary personalities of the Conjoint Creator. These Master Spirits distribute mind to the grand universe as the cosmic mind, and your local universe is pervaded by the Nebadon variant of the Orvonton type of cosmic mind.

9:4.4 (102.4) Infinite mind ignores time, ultimate mind transcends time, cosmic mind is conditioned by time. And so with space: The Infinite Mind is independent of space, but as descent is made from the infinite to the adjutant levels of mind, intellect must increasingly reckon with the fact and limitations of space.

9:4.5 (102.5) Cosmic force responds to mind even as cosmic mind responds to spirit. Spirit is divine purpose, and spirit mind is divine purpose in action. Energy is thing, mind is meaning, spirit is value. Even in time and space, mind establishes those relative relationships between energy and spirit which are suggestive of mutual kinship in eternity.

9:4.6 (102.6) Mind transmutes the values of spirit into the meanings of intellect; volition has power to bring the meanings of mind to fruit in both the material and spiritual domains. The Paradise ascent involves a relative and differential growth in spirit, mind, and energy. The personality is the unifier of these components of experiential individuality.

195:6.15 (2078.1) The finite universe of matter would eventually become uniform and deterministic but for the combined presence of mind and spirit. The influence of the cosmic mind constantly injects spontaneity into even the material worlds.

195:6.16 (2078.2) Freedom or initiative in any realm of existence is directly proportional to the degree of spiritual influence and cosmic-mind control; that is, in human experience, the degree of the actuality of doing “the Father’s will.” And so, when you once start out to find God, that is the conclusive proof that God has already found you.

195:6.17 (2078.3) The sincere pursuit of goodness, beauty, and truth leads to God. And every scientific discovery demonstrates the existence of both freedom and uniformity in the universe. The discoverer was free to make the discovery. The thing discovered is real and apparently uniform, or else it could not have become known as a thing.

Me here:  So, when we consider why there is imperfection and why free will may lead to dysfunction and disharmony, we must consider that evolutionary perfecting in time and space BY free will might appear to be “disorderly”….but this is an illusion.  The universe of universes is most certainly orderly….but injected with potential and personalized and experiential free will expression!  The more mature and wise the each becomes, so does the whole likewise become….ever more orderly and ever more progressive and reflective of the source of time and space and free will.  Or so I understand it…tadpole that I am.

But wait!!  There’s more!!  There seems to be a universal law that the more potential that becomes realized and actualized, the more potential that is thusly created.  This may have a limit that does not exist….infinity and eternity are likely to be “filled” by a never ending expansion of realization, actualization, and expression of the creative forces unleashed long, long ago on Paradise!

12:1.14 (129.12) The Outer Space Levels. Far out in space, at an enormous distance from the seven inhabited superuniverses, there are assembling vast and unbelievably stupendous circuits of force and materializing energies. Between the energy circuits of the seven superuniverses and this gigantic outer belt of force activity, there is a space zone of comparative quiet, which varies in width but averages about four hundred thousand light-years. These space zones are free from star dust — cosmic fog. Our students of these phenomena are in doubt as to the exact status of the space-forces existing in this zone of relative quiet which encircles the seven superuniverses. But about one-half million light-years beyond the periphery of the present grand universe we observe the beginnings of a zone of an unbelievable energy action which increases in volume and intensity for over twenty-five million light-years. These tremendous wheels of energizing forces are situated in the first outer space level, a continuous belt of cosmic activity encircling the whole of the known, organized, and inhabited creation.

12:1.15 (130.1) Still greater activities are taking place beyond these regions, for the Uversa physicists have detected early evidence of force manifestations more than fifty million light-years beyond the outermost ranges of the phenomena in the first outer space level. These activities undoubtedly presage the organization of the material creations of the second outer space level of the master universe.

12:1.16 (130.2) The central universe is the creation of eternity; the seven superuniverses are the creations of time; the four outer space levels are undoubtedly destined to eventuate-evolve the ultimacy of creation. And there are those who maintain that the Infinite can never attain full expression short of infinity; and therefore do they postulate an additional and unrevealed creation beyond the fourth and outermost space level, a possible ever-expanding, never-ending universe of infinity. In theory we do not know how to limit either the infinity of the Creator or the potential infinity of creation, but as it exists and is administered, we regard the master universe as having limitations, as being definitely delimited and bounded on its outer margins by open space.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

12:1.16 (130.2) And there are those who maintain that the Infinite can never attain full expression short of infinity; and therefore do they postulate an additional and unrevealed creation beyond the fourth and outermost space level, a possible ever-expanding, never-ending universe of infinity.

This is perhaps the most intriguing statement found in the Urantia Book.

What if by definition, we, who herald from this lowly, dark and oh so confused world are actually blessed beyond words. That given our willingness to co-operate, we stand in line for a future existence of functioning in some high manner of trust, by virtue of an extraordinary experience here on Urantia, to participate in the creation of something beyond the current plans for the universe.

Something made possible only because of the default of rebellion.

Something beyond Ultimacy.

Thank you Bradly for pointing toward the goal.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

So…can I kill a conversation…or what?  = )

No.  My interpretation is that the conversation rested for a few days.

What if by definition, we, who herald from this lowly, dark and oh so confused world are actually blessed beyond words.

I, too, like to find the positive side of trials and tribulations you mention pertaining to planetary isolation.  (50:7:0)

Also, consider this statement of human philosophy:

48:7:1412. The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation.
    :-)
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Greetings!!

I think I have failed to adequately tie together my last two posts with the topic?  I hope to consider the question of rebellion and adjudication with why rebellion occurs at all at the local universe level – what are the factors that might allow or contribute to this phenomena; and also, to recognize that there does not appear to me to be a standard or uniform response or adjudication process.  It seems that there is great variety within every Creator Son’s creation and also from one Local Universe to another – 700,000 expressions of the Central Universe pattern as locally created by the Michaels and their associated Creative Spirits.

We are told that the Lanonandek Sons are the highest order of leadership and administration to have ever rebelled.  The explanation provided:

35:9.7 (393.7) The large number of these Sons who have lapsed from integrity does not indicate any fault in creatorship. They could have been made divinely perfect, but they were so created that they might better understand, and draw near to, the evolutionary creatures dwelling on the worlds of time and space.

35:9.8 (393.8) Of all the local universes in Orvonton, our universe has, with the exception of Henselon, lost the largest number of this order of Sons. On Uversa it is the consensus that we have had so much administrative trouble in Nebadon because our Sons of the Lanonandek order have been created with such a large degree of personal liberty in choosing and planning. I do not make this observation by way of criticism. The Creator of our universe has full authority and power to do this. It is the contention of our high rulers that, while such free-choosing Sons make excessive trouble in the earlier ages of the universe, when things are fully sifted and finally settled, the gains of higher loyalty and fuller volitional service on the part of these thoroughly tested Sons will far more than compensate for the confusion and tribulations of earlier times.

35:9.9 (394.1) In the event of rebellion on a system headquarters, a new sovereign is usually installed within a comparatively short time, but not so on the individual planets. They are the component units of the material creation, and creature free will is a factor in the final adjudication of all such problems. Successor Planetary Princes are designated for isolated worlds, planets whose princes of authority may have gone astray, but they do not assume active rulership of such worlds until the results of insurrection are partially overcome and removed by the remedial measures adopted by the Melchizedeks and other ministering personalities. Rebellion by a Planetary Prince instantly isolates his planet; the local spiritual circuits are immediately severed. Only a bestowal Son can re-establish interplanetary lines of communication on such a spiritually isolated world.

35:9.10 (394.2) There exists a plan for saving these wayward and unwise Sons, and many have availed themselves of this merciful provision; but never again may they function in those positions wherein they defaulted. After rehabilitation they are assigned to custodial duties and to departments of physical administration.

Me here:  Lucifer, Satan, and Caligastia are all of the Lanonandek order of Sons…and “many have availed themselves” of the mercy proffered them.  This is one reason why the adjudication process, in agreement with the advice and counsel of the Mighty Messengers, has been implemented in our System.  But I find evidence that each such rebellion is met with a creative, flexible, and unique response.

I find much in the text about “cosmic mind” which contributes to my understanding of both the cause/opportunity for rebellion and also for this flexibility in response to rebellion.  Never are two situations precisely alike in this universe of time and space and the experiential emergence of the Supreme – creative expression of prior experience and wisdom inherently results in the unique challenges and the growing wisdom that are always at hand I think related to cause, effect, and response.

We are told that no individual suffers long by the sin of any other or even their own (if we but accept both reality and mercy)- the limits of the repurcussions are both time and space bound – they are limited and temporal.  But considering the work of the Finaliters in the local universes now and in the outer space levels to come, there is some perfection of outcome at work that serves the greatest good for the greatest number where the suffering of evil and sin is shed by each mind who is so affected, either sooner or later, with the experiential transcendent result being those who are tested, tried, and true for the eternity of work and adventure ahead.

Hope that makes sense.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope to consider the question of rebellion and adjudication with why rebellion occurs at all at the local universe level – what are the factors that might allow or contribute to this phenomena; and also, to recognize that there does not appear to me to be a standard or uniform response or adjudication process.

Bradly, it would seem that you have considered a more in-depth study regarding this subject, yet I’m wondering if looking at the rebellion and adjudication thereof, would be more enlightening to get a better understanding as to how the administration infrastructure is setup, with the various hierarchy structures it would seem that there also has not been a decisive presentation as to what “rebellion” actually is, other than the negative descriptive narration which presents more the feelings behind the result rather then the cause?

By this, allow me present some ideas, as to what I’m leaning towards as an explanation: From some of the narrations presented it would appear that the “Sons of the Lanonandek order” may be interconnected via thought with the hierarchy, otherwise the impression of what was in Lucifer’s mind could not be questioned.  Also, as has been presented that by going into rebellion, also was associated with going into darkness, where which if we associate the two, it could indicate that those who went into rebellion, somehow removed themselves from the collective mind, so to speck, but at the same time the need for quarantine would indicate that this collective mind or interassociation was more associated with the cosmic mind, so that like a virus, could not infect the others connected to the cosmic mind?  To some degree it would be that “individual free will” is the contagion, where these adverse thoughts, which are different from a specific ordered structure, or procedure is the standard by which rebellion is determined?

Then there is the factor that the celestial beings are less feeling unless they are associated or adjoined with a mortal counterpart, which may present a root or a possible cause for misunderstanding. Not unlike actually feel or understand emotions without having a material body in which to experience these emotions?  So, we may find that understanding the infrastructure better may lead us to better understand what or why rebellion is even possible, and how it can produce so much potential good, having experienced this?     

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

MidiChlorian wrote: it would seem that there also has not been a decisive presentation as to what “rebellion” actually is

(53:2.5) It is very difficult to point out the exact cause or causes which finally culminated in the Lucifer rebellion. We are certain of only one thing, and that is: Whatever these first beginnings were, they had their origin in Lucifer’s mind. There must have been a pride of self that nourished itself to the point of self-deception, so that Lucifer for a time really persuaded himself that his contemplation of rebellion was actually for the good of the system, if not of the universe. By the time his plans had developed to the point of disillusionment, no doubt he had gone too far for his original and mischief-making pride to permit him to stop. At some point in this experience he became insincere, and evil evolved into deliberate and willful sin.

When the point of disillusionment is reached, normally, that’s when we come to our senses. This is how we know that we’re sane, when we admit that we’re wrong when we are wrong.

Otherwise, we’ll be contributing to the presentation of what “rebellion” actually is.

(184:2.12) It requires a great and noble character, having started out wrong, to turn about and go right. All too often one’s own mind tends to justify continuance in the path of error when once it is entered upon.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant
    MidiChlorian wrote: it would seem that there also has not been a decisive presentation as to what “rebellion” actually is

(53:2.5) It is very difficult to point out the exact cause or causes which finally culminated in the Lucifer rebellion. We are certain of only one thing, and that is: Whatever these first beginnings were, they had their origin in Lucifer’s mind. There must have been a pride of self that nourished itself to the point of self-deception, so that Lucifer for a time really persuaded himself that his contemplation of rebellion was actually for the good of the system, if not of the universe. By the time his plans had developed to the point of disillusionment, no doubt he had gone too far for his original and mischief-making pride to permit him to stop. At some point in this experience he became insincere, and evil evolved into deliberate and willful sin.

Normally, when the point of disillusionment is reached, that’s when we admit that we’re wrong.

Otherwise, we’ll be contributing to the presentation of what “rebellion” actually is.

(184:2.12) It requires a great and noble character, having started out wrong, to turn about and go right. All too often one’s own mind tends to justify continuance in the path of error when once it is entered upon.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

The adjudication of the Lucifer rebellion, besides it being adjudicated in court, is being adjudicated (and forever will be) by the way we live our life.

(182:1.20) I am the way, the truth, and the life.

(140:6.11) “Be willing, then, to take up your responsibilities and follow me.”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

35:9.9 (394.1) In the event of rebellion on a system headquarters, a new sovereign is usually installed within a comparatively short time, but not so on the individual planets. They are the component units of the material creation, and creature free will is a factor in the final adjudication of all such problems.

This quote seems to say it all.  Lucifer Lackies appear to be trying to make it certain that there will be no final adjudication.  Fortunate for the universe that free will has its limitations. Besides being limited to what he is conscious of, mortal man is also limited by higher minds.  The mind of higher spirituality always wins.  Thank you God!

118.9.2  Mechanisms produced by higher minds function to liberate their creative sources but to some degree unvaryingly limit the action of all subordinate intelligences. To the creatures of the universes this limitation becomes apparent as the mechanism of the universes. Man does not have unfettered free will; there are limits to his range of choice, but within the radius of this choice his will is relatively sovereign.

2.3.5  In any universe contest between actual levels of reality, the personality of the higher level will ultimately triumph over the personality of the lower level. This inevitable outcome of universe controversy is inherent in the fact that divinity of quality equals the degree of reality or actuality of any will creature.

POPPYCOCK ALERT:  There is no such thing as a collective mind unless you are Borg.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(196:1.3) To “follow Jesus” means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master’s life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose. Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.

POPPYCOCK ALERT: That’s no poppycock.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

Lucifer’s enterprise of non-collective mind:

(53:3.6) He advocated that ascenders should enjoy the liberty of individual self-determination.

“The Lord God is one.”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

p553:07 Even on Urantia, these seraphim teach the everlasting truth: If your own mind does not serve you well, you can exchange it for the mind of Jesus of Nazareth, who always serves you well. 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.