Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjudicated?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjudicated?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

can we really understand how they would perceive reality?

How someone else perceives reality can’t ever be known. However, perceiving reality ourselves is what we’re being tested to do. Failure of perception is ok, because we’re designed to fail. It’s how perception grows.

(160:4.13) But life will become a burden of existence unless you learn how to fail gracefully. There is an art in defeat which noble souls always acquire; you must know how to lose cheerfully; you must be fearless of disappointment. Never hesitate to admit failure. Make no attempt to hide failure under deceptive smiles and beaming optimism. It sounds well always to claim success, but the end results are appalling. Such a technique leads directly to the creation of a world of unreality and to the inevitable crash of ultimate disillusionment.

VanAmadon: Your presentation of the UB narration above, would be appropriate to your statements, and I concur that “How someone else perceives reality can’t ever be known.”  Nevertheless, in my specific quote above, which you used, references “they” which was intended to indicate that we, may not be able to understand how those not present on Urantia, may perceive reality, based on our or personal understanding of reality because of failure to comprehend reality as we perceive it to be.

Nevertheless, it is because of the UB narration which is presented prior to your selection that I can better understand my reality, even as I recognize my failures but through my memories can validate the differences as they appear as reality as it changes.

(1779.4) 160:4.12 Train your memory to hold in sacred trust the strength-giving and worth-while episodes of life, which you can recall at will for your pleasure and edification. Thus build up for yourself and in yourself reserve galleries of beauty, goodness, and artistic grandeur. But the noblest of all memories are the treasured recollections of the great moments of a superb friendship. And all of these memory treasures radiate their most precious and exalting influences under the releasing touch of spiritual worship.

It would seem that many personalities pay attention to detail less than others, and I would suspect that this is do to a lack of memory which can be do to age or being preoccupied in more specific things which are required for living from one day to another, but because my memories are most detailed and extensive, going back to my infancy, makes recollection easier but I must also admit that when I attempt to take memories in different time-line directions, I have difficulty in making synchronous recalls but in only one direction.  Being that my memories are visually based – eidetic – I have experienced visual differences of experiences which followed along the same path but with different pictures.  This is only relevant to my perception but I’m sure others have had similar experiences.

Although, the UB narration which follows your specific presentation seems to indicate that “failure” as presented is not necessarily defined as one might expect?

(1779.6) 160:4.14 Success may generate courage and promote confidence, but wisdom comes only from the experiences of adjustment to the results of one’s failures. Men who prefer optimistic illusions to reality can never become wise. Only those who face facts and adjust them to ideals can achieve wisdom. Wisdom embraces both the fact and the ideal and therefore saves its devotees from both of those barren extremes of philosophy — the man whose idealism excludes facts and the materialist who is devoid of spiritual outlook. Those timid souls who can only keep up the struggle of life by the aid of continuous false illusions of success are doomed to suffer failure and experience defeat as they ultimately awaken from the dream world of their own imaginations.

(1780.1) 160:4.15 And it is in this business of facing failure and adjusting to defeat that the far-reaching vision of religion exerts its supreme influence. Failure is simply an educational episodea cultural experiment in the acquirement of wisdom — in the experience of the God-seeking man who has embarked on the eternal adventure of the exploration of a universe. To such men defeat is but a new tool for the achievement of higher levels of universe reality.

(1780.2) 160:4.16 The career of a God-seeking man may prove to be a great success in the light of eternity, even though the whole temporal-life enterprise may appear as an overwhelming failure, provided each life failure yielded the culture of wisdom and spirit achievement. Do not make the mistake of confusing knowledge, culture, and wisdom. They are related in life, but they represent vastly differing spirit values; wisdom ever dominates knowledge and always glorifies culture.

As we attempt to perceive our reality, many failures that seem to be difficult to comprehend as to why did this happen to me or use, can be better comprehended when one asks them self, whether one would change anything in the past that they may have experienced, or failed at, to bring them to this present point in time?   

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    POPPYCOCK ALERT:  Self-importance, or self-admiration, is not the same as self-respect.  In fact, self-respect can be way overdone by a “warped mind”.
    159:3.3 While overmuch self-respect may destroy proper humility and end in pride, conceit, and arrogance, . . .
    156:5.14  But selfrespect is not self-admiration.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

(1765.5) 159:3.3 In bringing men into the kingdom, do not lessen or destroy their self-respect. While overmuch self-respect may destroy proper humility and end in pride, conceit, and arrogance, the loss of self-respect often ends in paralysis of the will. It is the purpose of this gospel to restore self-respect to those who have lost it and to restrain it in those who have it. Make not the mistake of only condemning the wrongs in the lives of your pupils; remember also to accord generous recognition for the most praiseworthy things in their lives. Forget not that I will stop at nothing to restore self-respect to those who have lost it, and who really desire to regain it.

(1765.6) 159:3.4 Take care that you do not wound the self-respect of timid and fearful souls. Do not indulge in sarcasm at the expense of my simple-minded brethren. Be not cynical with my fear-ridden children. Idleness is destructive of self-respect; therefore, admonish your brethren ever to keep busy at their chosen tasks, and put forth every effort to secure work for those who find themselves without employment.

(1740.1) 156:5.14 Spiritual living mightily increases true self-respect. But self-respect is not self-admiration. Self-respect is always co-ordinate with the love and service of one’s fellows. It is not possible to respect yourself more than you love your neighbor; the one is the measure of the capacity for the other.

(614.1) 54:1.6 True liberty is the associate of genuine self-respect; false liberty is the consort of self-admiration. True liberty is the fruit of self-control; false liberty, the assumption of self-assertion. Self-control leads to altruistic service; self-admiration tends towards the exploitation of others for the selfish aggrandizement of such a mistaken individual as is willing to sacrifice righteous attainment for the sake of possessing unjust power over his fellow beings.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

But, I understand your pretense;

You do?  Tell me what I am pretending.  Tell me where I am not being honest.  Tell me where I am making a false impression or a false claim.  Tell me where I am being dishonest.  Better yet: Show me.  Pull out your references in support of your claims and theories about the Lucifer rebellion.  The example of comparing Einstein’s theories to the theories of Lucifer is a wrongful comparison.  Not even close.  Einstein put his mind to work to discover something.  Lucifer premeditated and perverted truth by deliberately rebelling against the government of God – the law of God.

48:6:33  Law is life itself and not the rules of its conduct. Evil is a transgression of law, not a violation of the rules of conduct pertaining to life, which is the law. Falsehood is not a matter of narration technique but something premeditated as a perversion of truth. […] The shadow of a hair’s turning, premeditated for an untrue purpose, the slightest twisting or perversion of that which is principle — these constitute falseness.

To me the rebellion is not difficult to understand.  Are the righteous spiritual mandates and wise natural laws of God confusing?

2:3:2  How futile to make puerile appeals to such a God to modify his changeless decrees so that we can avoid the just consequences of the operation of his wise natural laws and righteous spiritual mandates! “Be not deceived; God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap.” True, even in the justice of reaping the harvest of wrongdoing, this divine justice is always tempered with mercy. Infinite wisdom is the eternal arbiter which determines the proportions of justice and mercy which shall be meted out in any given circumstance. The greatest punishment (in reality an inevitable consequence) for wrongdoing and deliberate rebellion against the government of God is loss of existence as an individual subject of that government. The final result of wholehearted sin is annihilation. In the last analysis, such sin-identified individuals have destroyed themselves by becoming wholly unreal through their embrace of iniquity. The factual disappearance of such a creature is, however, always delayed until the ordained order of justice current in that universe has been fully complied with.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    POPPYCOCK ALERT:  Michael’s plan for his universe has nothing to do with self-assertion.  Self-assertion is egotism.  Self-assertion is the promotion of oneself, one’s personal desires at the expense of others.  Michael’s plan is for spiritualization of his universe.  Spiritualization has to do with progression towards divinity.  Divinity is the nature of Deity and comprehended by mortals as truth, beauty and goodness, the manifestations of love, which is about selflessness, the complete opposite of self-assertiveness.

2:3.6 The rule of the Creator Sons in the local universes is one of creation and spiritualization. These Sons devote themselves to the effective execution of the Paradise plan of progressive mortal ascension, to the rehabilitation of rebels and wrong thinkers, but when all such loving efforts are finally and forever rejected, the final decree of dissolution is executed by forces acting under the jurisdiction of the Ancients of Days.

21:5.4    The elevation of a sevenfold bestowal Son to the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe means the beginning of the end of agelong uncertainty and relative confusion. Subsequent to this event, that which cannot be sometime spiritualized will eventually be disorganized; that which cannot be sometime co-ordinated with cosmic reality will eventually be destroyed. When the provisions of endless mercy and nameless patience have been exhausted in an effort to win the loyalty and devotion of the will creatures of the realms, justice and righteousness will prevail. That which mercy cannot rehabilitate justice will eventually annihilate.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(54:3.1) The free will of evolving man or exquisite angel is not a mere philosophic concept, a symbolic ideal. Man’s ability to choose good or evil is a universe reality. This liberty to choose for oneself is an endowment of the Supreme Rulers, and they will not permit any being or group of beings to deprive a single personality in the wide universe of this divinely bestowed liberty

Of sanity, there’s only one type. It is the foundation of strength, and its burdens are light. It’s the most REAL estate, to possess.

Of insanity, there are two types:
    – The first type is cruel, deliberate, self-inflicted, the result of extreme shortsightedness, incarnate selfishness, and it always results in the distortion of disillusionment, error forever cast in place and its aim is to take from another, their estate and possession.
    – The second type results from the presence in the world of individuals of the first type, who oppress those who are weighed down and burdened with confusion and weakness which triggers dread and the feeling that something or somebody is wanting them to be possessed.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I wonder if this might be a source of impatience in the other Sons of the Michael’s creation?  They see all these lowly mortal born ascenders travel to Paradise along with their angels and even come back long before others even begin this ultimate (actually only “next”) leg of the adventure?

I think it is due to the failure to see, or more likely the unwillingness to see, the invisible Father in the visible Creator Son.  It’s a breakdown in faith.  Lucifer thought that the invisible Father didn’t exist and the need for faith in his actual existence was a fraud foisted by the Creator Sons in order to stay in power.  Lucifer was power hungry.  He wanted to be in control, wield power rather than yield to a higher power. He wanted his whole share of his inheritance to do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted, just like the prodigal son.  He wanted to take his toys and isolate himself from the rest of the family so he wouldn’t have to share.  What a spoiled brat!  Lucifer wanted his own kingdom, and he wanted it NOW! And he wanted to be the boss of it NOW! How immature! He was a big baby, a terrible two, “I want it, I want it NOW, it’s mine, all mine, wa wa wa!” Disgusting.  I’m surprised he didn’t cry for his mommy too.

p361:1 32:3.6 The farther down the scale of life we go, the more difficult it becomes to locate, with the eye of faith, the invisible Father. The lower creatures—and sometimes even the higher personalities—find it difficult always to envisage the Universal Father in his Creator Sons. And so, pending the time of their spiritual exaltation, when perfection of development will enable them to see God in person, they grow weary in progression, entertain spiritual doubts, stumble into confusion, and thus isolate themselves from the progressive spiritual aims of their time and universe. In this way they lose the ability to see the Father when beholding the Creator Son. The surest safeguard for the creature throughout the long struggle to attain the Father, during this time when inherent conditions make such attainment impossible, is tenaciously to hold on to the truth-fact of the Father’s presence in his Sons. Literally and figuratively, spiritually and personally, the Father and the Sons are one. It is a fact: He who has seen a Creator Son has seen the Father.

Keryn
    Participant

But, I understand your pretense;

You do? Tell me what I am pretending. Tell me where I am not being honest. Tell me where I am making a false impression or a false claim. Tell me where I am being dishonest.

Mara, I don’t mean to speak for MidiChlorian, and I could be wrong, but when I read that phrase in his post, I took it to mean that he was trying to say ‘I understand your premise’ but perhaps autocorrect or some other error caused it to be typed out as ‘pretense’.  I noticed that Midi’s post also often has the word “do” when the word is actually ‘due’, so perhaps there are some autocorrect or other issues happening with his posts in terms of the words that show up.

Keryn
    Participant

I wonder if this might be a source of impatience in the other Sons of the Michael’s creation? They see all these lowly mortal born ascenders travel to Paradise along with their angels and even come back long before others even begin this ultimate (actually only “next”) leg of the adventure?

I think it is due to the failure to see, or more likely the unwillingness to see, the invisible Father in the visible Creator Son. It’s a breakdown in faith. Lucifer thought that the invisible Father didn’t exist and the need for faith in his actual existence was a fraud foisted by the Creator Sons in order to stay in power. Lucifer was power hungry. He wanted to be in control, wield power rather than yield to a higher power. He wanted his whole share of his inheritance to do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted, just like the prodigal son. He wanted to take his toys and isolate himself from the rest of the family so he wouldn’t have to share. What a spoiled brat! Lucifer wanted his own kingdom, and he wanted it NOW! And he wanted to be the boss of it NOW! How immature! He was a big baby, a terrible two, “I want it, I want it NOW, it’s mine, all mine, wa wa wa!” Disgusting. I’m surprised he didn’t cry for his mommy too.

I agree with Bonita.  Also, my impression is that Lucifer is a narcissist.  I know people like that in my own life and their perspective is that they, and only they, have the right information, the best method, the most knowledge (they are even more intelligent than their superiors, in their own minds), and everyone should just listen to them and they will fix everything.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Mara, I don’t mean to speak for MidiChlorian, and I could be wrong, but when I read that phrase in his post, I took it to mean that he was trying to say ‘I understand your premise’ but perhaps autocorrect or some other error caused it to be typed out as ‘pretense’.  I noticed that Midi’s post also often has the word “do” when the word is actually ‘due’, so perhaps there are some autocorrect or other issues happening with his posts in terms of the words that show up.

Thanks Keryn.  I, too, misspell words from time to time.  I realize some who participate here are multilingual.  English may not be the primary language for some of those folks.  It is wonderful to me to read what others have to say, and I forgive all such misspellings and  errors.  I hope others would also forgive me for mine.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Are all of these due to the autocorrect feature?
    . . . the straw which broke the camels back.
    . . . he indicated that soul’s where being translated
    . . . just taking the prosecutions point of view as final
    . . . to prove the prosecutions case
    . . . to contact the forum’s sponsor’s,
    . . . is not noticed by this sites administration,
    . . . who’s teaching should be considered
    . . . If Lucifer et all
    . . . I was attacted by admin,
    . . . Now if this is the same type of, sin which those who partook in the rebellion were subject too,
    . . . I’m glade
    . . . there are problems here, which needs corrective action.
    . . . I know that you do not intent to present
    . . . your son is a murderer or a petaphile,
    . . . having been know,
    . . . who is at falt?
    . . . is their really some type of authority
    . . . I’m glade
    . . . and in the manor in which it has been presented,
    . . . so to speck,
    . . . someone with self-respect of them self
    . . . with do haste
    . . . working with these type of individuals,
    . . . where which it can be visualized or experienced differently be others?
    . . . this is do to a lack of memory
    . . . why did this happen to me or use, can be better comprehended when one asks them self,
    Not to mention the constantly repeated inappropriate use of the question mark and comma.
    Mara
    Mara
    Participant

If we remember that Lucifer also took part, or was aware of two previous failed rebellions, why would he attempt to activate another, unless he had some other information which we are not aware of, or able to understand because we assume it is non-doable, where these other rebellion attempts might indicate that there is or was a problem which others felt were of need of correction?

We are informed Lucifer thought the other rebellions were unsuccessful because:

53:4:4  While there had been two previous rebellions in Nebadon, they were in distant constellations. Lucifer held that these insurrections were unsuccessful because the majority of the intelligences failed to follow their leaders. He contended that “majorities rule,” that “mind is infallible.” The freedom allowed him by the universe rulers apparently sustained many of his nefarious contentions. He defied all his superiors; yet they apparently took no note of his doings. He was given a free hand to prosecute his seductive plan without let or hindrance.
    MidiChlorian wrote:  Being that these other rebellion attempts were put down, what makes this rebellion different, that it has lasted so long?

Regarding how long it lasted, do you think 200,000 years is a long period of time in our universe or in the cosmos?  We know very little about the other two rebellions in Nebadon.   As near as I can tell, this reference pertains to the first one:

119:2:1  For almost one hundred and fifty million years after the Melchizedek bestowal of Michael, all went well in the universe of Nebadon, when trouble began to brew in system 11 of constellation 37. This trouble involved a misunderstanding by a Lanonandek Son, a System Sovereign, which had been adjudicated by the Constellation Fathers and approved by the Faithful of Days, the Paradise counselor to that constellation, but the protesting System Sovereign was not fully reconciled to the verdict. After more than one hundred years of dissatisfaction he led his associates in one of the most widespread and disastrous rebellions against the sovereignty of the Creator Son ever instigated in the universe of Nebadon, a rebellion long since adjudicated and ended by the action of the Ancients of Days on Uversa.
    The second rebellion:
    119:3:1  The supreme council on Salvington had just finished the consideration of the call of the Life Carriers on planet 217 in system 87 in constellation 61 for the dispatch to their assistance of a Material Son. Now this planet was situated in a system of inhabited worlds where another System Sovereign had gone astray, the second such rebellion in all Nebadon up to that time.
    It’s interesting to note that our Creator Son carried out one of his bestowals on a world number 217 during that rebellion. (119:3:4)  He served as a Planetary Prince there.  (119:3:7)    Our System Sovereign Lanaforge, the successor of Lucifer, is rebellion-tested, as he “. . .functioned loyally in the service of Michael and in the very presence of the default of his brother of superior authority and antecedent rank. . . ” during this second rebellion.  (45:2:3)  I don’t know whether this rebellion has been adjudicated.  They do tell us the first one is finished.
    The third rebellion was the most widespread of the three.
    53:7:9  In many respects this rebellion was the most widespread and disastrous of all such occurrences in Nebadon. More personalities were involved in this insurrection than in both of the others. And it is to their everlasting dishonor that the emissaries of Lucifer and Satan spared not the infant-training schools on the finaliter cultural planet but rather sought to corrupt these developing minds in mercy salvaged from the evolutionary worlds.
    The good news is that all of God’s children have mercy credits to draw upon, but in some cases it might come to pass the reserve account of mercy credits will be depleted.  (28:6:7)
    André
    André
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more …

Lckuy for me my boeelvd T/A did not rub it in the cnltntoasy rpeateed, iorappniptare, use, of, my, mnid,

It might be part of mercy’s ministry!

Anonymous
    Inactive

MidiChlorian wrote:  But, I understand your pretense;

You do? Tell me what I am pretending. Tell me where I am not being honest. Tell me where I am making a false impression or a false claim. Tell me where I am being dishonest. Better yet: Show me. Pull out your references in support of your claims and theories about the Lucifer rebellion. The example of comparing Einstein’s theories to the theories of Lucifer is a wrongful comparison. Not even close. Einstein put his mind to work to discover something. Lucifer premeditated and perverted truth by deliberately rebelling against the government of Godthe law of God.

48:6:33 Law is life itself and not the rules of its conduct. Evil is a transgression of law, not a violation of the rules of conduct pertaining to life, which is the law. Falsehood is not a matter of narration technique but something premeditated as a perversion of truth. […] The shadow of a hair’s turning, premeditated for an untrue purpose, the slightest twisting or perversion of that which is principle — these constitute falseness.

To me the rebellion is not difficult to understand. Are the righteous spiritual mandates and wise natural laws of God confusing?

Okay Mara, I’ll give you the point that you understood, by my use of the word “pretense”, could indicate what you perceived was my usage but, in this case I’m using the “word origin and history of” pretence/pretense as being: “the putting forth of a claim,” where you were making claims in your statement which appeared as your opinion, as received from your reading of text.  You were not making a “false claim” as you understand it, only that it reflects your opinion and attitude toward the subject.

I have highlighted parts of your statement above which reflects the same “pretence” or “claim”, in that you make a statement about Lucifer’s actions based, again, on your understanding of the UB narration, indicating that the rebellion, as presented by Lucifer was “against the government of God”, where it is my assumption that you believe this to be “the law of God.”  In presenting the UB quote (48:6.33), it refers to  “Law” as “life itself”, but you indicate that this “law” is the “natural laws”, where you ask if they are “confusing?” to me, where my answer would be no.  However, if one were to search the text for “natural law”, one might find that Jesus had much to say regarding these “natural laws”, and it would appear that they may also have something to do with “time” as it affects “space” or our physical reality.

It was interesting that you excluded some of the text from (48:6.33), where I’m not sure as to why?  Would its inclusion be detrimental to your presentation?

(555.1) 48:6.33 Law is life itself and not the rules of its conduct. Evil is a transgression of law, not a violation of the rules of conduct pertaining to life, which is the law. Falsehood is not a matter of narration technique but something premeditated as a perversion of truth. The creation of new pictures out of old facts, the restatement of parental life in the lives of offspring — these are the artistic triumphs of truth. The shadow of a hair’s turning, premeditated for an untrue purpose, the slightest twisting or perversion of that which is principle — these constitute falseness. But the fetish of factualized truth, fossilized truth, the iron band of so-called unchanging truth, holds one blindly in a closed circle of cold fact. One can be technically right as to fact and everlastingly wrong in the truth.

One such narration which used “natural laws” several times is presented below:

(1518.1) 136:6.2 Jesus thus settled upon another and consistent policy for the remainder of his earth labors. As far as his personal necessities were concerned, and in general even in his relations with other personalities, he now deliberately chose to pursue the path of normal earthly existence; he definitely decided against a policy which would transcend, violate, or outrage his own established natural laws. But he could not promise himself, as he had already been warned by his Personalized Adjuster, that these natural laws might not, in certain conceivable circumstances, be greatly accelerated. In principle, Jesus decided that his lifework should be organized and prosecuted in accordance with natural law and in harmony with the existing social organization. The Master thereby chose a program of living which was the equivalent of deciding against miracles and wonders. Again he decided in favor of “the Father’s will”; again he surrendered everything into the hands of his Paradise Father.

Other references to “natural law” yields various different understanding as to the reference to “law”.

(277.2) 25:3.5 The commissioners’ decisions are placed on the planetary records and, if necessary, are put into effect by the divine executioner. His power is very great, and the range of his activities on an inhabited world is very wide. Divine executioners are masterful manipulators of that which is in the interests of that which ought to be. Their work is sometimes carried out for the apparent welfare of the realm, and sometimes their acts on the worlds of time and space are difficult of explanation. Though executing decrees in defiance of neither natural law nor the ordained usages of the realm, they do ofttimes effect their strange doings and enforce the mandates of the conciliators in accordance with the higher laws of the system administration.

(47.5) 3:2.7 Situations do arise in which it appears that emergency rulings have been made, that natural laws have been suspended, that misadaptations have been recognized, and that an effort is being made to rectify the situation; but such is not the case. Such concepts of God have their origin in the limited range of your viewpoint, in the finiteness of your comprehension, and in the circumscribed scope of your survey; such misunderstanding of God is due to the profound ignorance you enjoy regarding the existence of the higher laws of the realm, the magnitude of the Father’s character, the infinity of his attributes, and the fact of his free-willness.

(137.6) 12:7.3 It is repugnant to the divine nature to suffer any sort of deterioration or ever to permit the execution of any purely personal act in an inferior way. It should be made clear, however, that, if, in the divinity of any situation, in the extremity of any circumstance, in any case where the course of supreme wisdom might indicate the demand for different conduct — if the demands of perfection might for any reason dictate another method of reaction, a better one, then and there would the all-wise God function in that better and more suitable way. That would be the expression of a higher law, not the reversal of a lower law.

Is it possible, when we look at the underlined section in the narration above, that Lucifer’s offence may have had something to do with a “purely personal act in an inferior way”?  Where, his actions were of a personal nature and not sanctioned by the “divine nature” or, in other words, he used his own free will in making his decision?

(21.3) 1:0.3 The enlightened worlds all recognize and worship the Universal Father, the eternal maker and infinite upholder of all creation. The will creatures of universe upon universe have embarked upon the long, long Paradise journey, the fascinating struggle of the eternal adventure of attaining God the Father. The transcendent goal of the children of time is to find the eternal God, to comprehend the divine nature, to recognize the Universal Father. God-knowing creatures have only one supreme ambition, just one consuming desire, and that is to become, as they are in their spheres, like him as he is in his Paradise perfection of personality and in his universal sphere of righteous supremacy. From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.” In love and mercy the messengers of Paradise have carried this divine exhortation down through the ages and out through the universes, even to such lowly animal-origin creatures as the human races of Urantia.

(22.1) 1:0.4 This magnificent and universal injunction to strive for the attainment of the perfection of divinity is the first duty, and should be the highest ambition, of all the struggling creature creation of the God of perfection. This possibility of the attainment of divine perfection is the final and certain destiny of all man’s eternal spiritual progress.

(22.2) 1:0.5 Urantia mortals can hardly hope to be perfect in the infinite sense, but it is entirely possible for human beings, starting out as they do on this planet, to attain the supernal and divine goal which the infinite God has set for mortal man; and when they do achieve this destiny, they will, in all that pertains to self-realization and mind attainment, be just as replete in their sphere of divine perfection as God himself is in his sphere of infinity and eternity. Such perfection may not be universal in the material sense, unlimited in intellectual grasp, or final in spiritual experience, but it is final and complete in all finite aspects of divinity of will, perfection of personality motivation, and God-consciousness.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

. . . in other words, he used his own free will in making his decision?

Yes, by use his own free will did Lucifer:

1. “. . . attempt to do the nondoable, to short-circuit time in an experiential universe.” (54:2:3)

2. “Lucifer’s crime was the attempted creative disenfranchisement of every personality in Satania, the unrecognized abridgment of the creature’s personal participation — freewill participation — in the long evolutionary struggle to attain the status of light and life both individually and collectively.” (54:2:3)

3. “In so doing this onetime Sovereign of your system set the temporal purpose of his own will directly athwart the eternal purpose of God’s will as it is revealed in the bestowal of free will upon all personal creatures.” (54:2:3)

4. “The Lucifer rebellion thus threatened the maximum possible infringement of the freewill choice of the ascenders and servers of the system of Satania — a threat forevermore to deprive every one of these beings of the thrilling experience of contributing something personal and unique to the slowly erecting monument to experiential wisdom which will sometime exist as the perfected system of Satania.” (54:2:3)

5. “Thus does the Lucifer manifesto, masquerading in the habiliments of liberty, stand forth in the clear light of reason as a monumental threat to consummate the theft of personal liberty and to do it on a scale that has been approached only twice in all the history of Nebadon.”  (54:2:3)

The revelators call it Lucifer’s folly and Lucifer’s crime.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.