Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjudicated?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjudicated?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

It is bizarre to me to claim the UB is a gift authored by celestials but is deceptive and untrustworthy as a coverup to heavenly conspiracy.

You know, I never thought about it like that. You are spot on Bradly. I mean you really nailed it there. That is so awesome, I can’t tell you how awesome it is. You are amazingly tuned into reality brother. I admire your tenacity, I really do. This is the best ever!! Thank you. I’ve been laughing all day.

Thank you Bonita!  I am glad to offer a little reversion therapy as I am able!!

There are many who claim to be students of the Papers whose lense of perspective becomes strangely focused on the text in ways I find inexplicable and totally illogical and unreasonable.  Those who claim the ability to “receive and transmit” call this the “correcting” time and offer calls to arms/membership to prepare for the unusual which is proclaimed to be “at hand”.  Others find dark “secrets” encoded within the text which guide them into doubt, suspicion, and fear which they are eager to “share” with other readers.  It would appear to me that all of time is a correcting time….the very point OF time combined with free will….to correct error by experience and replace confusion with the conviction that only experience and wisdom might deliver.

We are charged only with serving one another and, thusly, our world; it does not need saving and its transformation is well planned, designed, and executed by the most loving and caring hands in our universe which will result in the inevitable – Light and Life!

We may help or we may hinder as we choose.  But for those who have knowledge of how, why, when, who, and what regarding the facts of universe reality….I cannot fathom the dark outlook or fear of those in whose care we abide.  The study of the Papers should ever lead to an increasing sense of safety, belonging, destiny, adventure, and eternity….and if it does not then we can hardly blame this text of all such good news to our world!  Fears, doubts, anxieties, suspicions, and resulting paranoia are but temporal evils which light and love may vanquish….over time!

This is indeed a correcting time….each life is a time to get corrected in our spirit nature by the transfer of the very seat of our personal identity….the rest takes care of itself…..over time!  And by free will.  Or so I believe.

Thanks again Bonita…may we forever smile together and laugh like the children we truly are.   = )

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

111:4.11 (1220.10) This is the problem: If freewill man is endowed with the powers of creativity in the inner man, then must we recognize that freewill creativity embraces the potential of freewill destructivity. And when creativity is turned to destructivity, you are face to face with the devastation of evil and sin — oppression, war, and destruction. Evil is a partiality of creativity which tends toward disintegration and eventual destruction. All conflict is evil in that it inhibits the creative function of the inner life — it is a species of civil war in the personality.

111:4.12 (1221.1) Inner creativity contributes to ennoblement of character through personality integration and selfhood unification. It is forever true: The past is unchangeable; only the future can be changed by the ministry of the present creativity of the inner self.

5. The Consecration of Choice

111:5.1 (1221.2) The doing of the will of God is nothing more or less than an exhibition of creature willingness to share the inner life with God — with the very God who has made such a creature life of inner meaning-value possible. Sharing is Godlike — divine. God shares all with the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, while they, in turn, share all things with the divine Sons and spirit Daughters of the universes.

111:5.2 (1221.3) The imitation of God is the key to perfection; the doing of his will is the secret of survival and of perfection in survival.

111:5.3 (1221.4) Mortals live in God, and so God has willed to live in mortals. As men trust themselves to him, so has he — and first — trusted a part of himself to be with men; has consented to live in men and to indwell men subject to the human will.

111:5.4 (1221.5) Peace in this life, survival in death, perfection in the next life, service in eternity — all these are achieved (in spirit) now when the creature personality consents — chooses — to subject the creature will to the Father’s will. And already has the Father chosen to make a fragment of himself subject to the will of the creature personality.

111:5.5 (1221.6) Such a creature choice is not a surrender of will. It is a consecration of will, an expansion of will, a glorification of will, a perfecting of will; and such choosing raises the creature will from the level of temporal significance to that higher estate wherein the personality of the creature son communes with the personality of the spirit Father.

34:6.13 (381.7) The consciousness of the spirit domination of a human life is presently attended by an increasing exhibition of the characteristics of the Spirit in the life reactions of such a spirit-led mortal, “for the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.” Such spirit-guided and divinely illuminated mortals, while they yet tread the lowly paths of toil and in human faithfulness perform the duties of their earthly assignments, have already begun to discern the lights of eternal life as they glimmer on the faraway shores of another world; already have they begun to comprehend the reality of that inspiring and comforting truth, “The kingdom of God is not meat and drink but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” And throughout every trial and in the presence of every hardship, spirit-born souls are sustained by that hope which transcends all fear because the love of God is shed abroad in all hearts by the presence of the divine Spirit.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

And remain vigilante regarding those who seem intent on inserting fear, suspicion, even paranoia about love, mercy, and justice in God’s universe.  Such darkness is the residual and temporal effects of the animal nature . . .

And mental illness.  Let’s not forget that.  There are those who have stated that energy waves emanating from the basement can influence  thoughts. Some hear voices that are not really there.  And some megalomaniacal types feel the need to manipulate and control the thoughts of others with “alien” propaganda.  There’s a lot of mental illness and mental incontinence in the UB community.  It seems to attract these people like a magnet.

The question is what to do about it?  A lot of these special people have found little niches for themselves, like the specialized forum for channeling reservists. But some with mental chaos choose to spread their inner chaos around willy-nilly. (And incidentally, have you noticed that it’s always about the rebellion?) Should it be allowed?

In a universe that is stabilizing, where all that cannot be spiritualized is becoming more and more disorganized, should we embrace the disorganization or shun it?  Should we try to stabilize it or allow it to spin out of control on its own?  I really don’t know the answer to that, but I have found that crazy people create craziness everywhere they go.  I’m too old and tired to deal with craziness, so I usually don’t.  I prefer to deal with rational people, but I don’t know if that should be the approach for the UB community en masse.  Should rational people, trying their best to study TUB, entertain insanity, ignore it or restrict it?

81:5.7 Liberty without restrictions is the vain and fanciful dream of unstable and flighty human minds.

If you recall the episode about the channeling prophet, Jesus allowed him a few days to expose himself as insane knowing that only unstable crazy people would follow him, like Beth-Marion.  Anyway, once they’re exposed and everyone knows they’re full of nonsense, should the unstable people constantly perpetrating farces be allowed to continue spreading myth on forums such as this, or should the UB community do a David Zebedee, dunk them and send them off to set up their own forums?  Sorta wondering out loud here.  I don’t have an answer, myself.

148:8.3 About this time there arrived at the Bethsaida encampment a trance prophet from Bagdad, one Kirmeth. This supposed prophet had peculiar visions when in trance and dreamed fantastic dreams when his sleep was disturbed. He created a considerable disturbance at the camp, and Simon Zelotes was in favor of dealing rather roughly with the self-deceived pretender, but Jesus intervened and allowed him entire freedom of action for a few days. All who heard his preaching soon recognized that his teaching was not sound as judged by the gospel of the kingdom. He shortly returned to Bagdad, taking with him only a half dozen unstable and erratic souls. But before Jesus interceded for the Bagdad prophet, David Zebedee, with the assistance of a self-appointed committee, had taken Kirmeth out into the lake and, after repeatedly plunging him into the water, had advised him to depart hence – to organize and build a camp of his own.

148:8.4 On this same day, Beth-Marion, a Phoenician woman, became so fanatical that she went out of her head and, after almost drowning from trying to walk on the water, was sent away by her friends.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Although I am willing to be called out for my opinions as “inappropriate” to someone, I find it slightly ridiculous – make that sublimely ridiculous – to report a post that includes nothing but posted UB text quotes as containing “inappropriate content”!!!

Hilarious…..hope the mods can remove that one eventually….any who think the UB contains inappropriate content has no business being here.  You can leave the complaint on my personal posts as you wish!

I agree Sister Bonita….it’s a quandary.  What is the appropriate response to darkness, insanity, confusion, and falsehood?  And then, what is the better response?  And the best response?  These are worthy challenges for all students to consider in all forums and study groups.

Best wishes to all!

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Dear Friends,

I raised this topic to discuss question I raised: Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjuciated?  I still want to study it.  Two hours ago I checked back in here to read additional comments from several of you.  Now, I discover that 18 of the 24 posts of this topic have been reported: “This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.”  I notice none of my responses have been reported.  I am sad and discouraged about this.  In spite of feeling disheartened about the reported comments, I am not quitting the topic.  I do not follow other forums.  I do not read what is said by others in other places on the Internet.  I come to this forum because it is a place to study the revelations in the UB and I appreciate the level-headed study offered here.  I want to know what the UB has to say about the adjudication of the Lucifer rebellion.  It is reasonable to want to read your insights relative to what the UB has to say on the topic.  I am trying very hard not to get embroiled here or anywhere in personal conflict with other readers.  Have I erred in the past? Yes.  Do I have strong opinions?  Yes.  Am I sorry for going into the weeds?  Yes.  Let’s leave the weeds and transcend the material irritations of the lower levels of thinking.

160:3:5  This new gospel of the kingdom renders a great service to the art of living in that it supplies a new and richer incentive for higher living. It presents a new and exalted goal of destiny, a supreme life purpose. And these new concepts of the eternal and divine goal of existence are in themselves transcendent stimuli, calling forth the reaction of the very best that is resident in man’s higher nature. On every mountaintop of intellectual thought are to be found relaxation for the mind, strength for the soul, and communion for the spirit. From such vantage points of high living, man is able to transcend the material irritations of the lower levels of thinking — worry, jealousy, envy, revenge, and the pride of immature personality. These high-climbing souls deliver themselves from a multitude of the crosscurrent conflicts of the trifles of living, thus becoming free to attain consciousness of the higher currents of spirit concept and celestial communication. But the life purpose must be jealously guarded from the temptation to seek for easy and transient attainment; likewise must it be so fostered as to become immune to the disastrous threats of fanaticism.
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: I agree Sister Bonita….it’s a quandary.  What is the appropriate response to darkness, insanity, confusion, and falsehood?  And then, what is the better response?  And the best response?  These are worthy challenges for all students to consider in all forums and study groups.

I’m not sure I really know what’s best.  Jesus said we’re supposed to shine our lights and keep salty (not to lose our savor, rather than the other definition).  I guess we’re supposed to keep stating the facts and the truth, keep pointing out what’s really written in TUB. And I think, keep trying to explain it, although that makes some just argue more. But Jesus just ignored the channeling preacher.  He didn’t try to explain anything to him, probably because he figured the guy’s mind wasn’t open to it.  I’m getting the feeling that a lot of the folks who spew falsehoods about TUB aren’t open-minded either. Should we just ignore them like Jesus ignored the channeling preacher?  I kinda like that approach, to be honest. And I’ll say, I think when these people use retaliation, retribution and revenge, they are revealing their true selves, and it ain’t pretty. Very disheartening, I agree.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

Thanks  Bonita wrote: &  Bradly wrote:  for being willing to bounce back today.  I’ve quit trying to figure out what motivates someone.  I do a lot of guessing, though, but I can’t analyze it.

On this topic, though, I’d like to analyze the word “recently” in the following reference.

67:4:7  The vast majority of all human and superhuman beings who were victims of the Lucifer rebellion on Jerusem and the various misled planets have long since heartily repented of their folly; and we truly believe that all such sincere penitents will in some manner be rehabilitated and restored to some phase of universe service when the Ancients of Days finally complete the adjudication of the affairs of the Satania rebellion, which they have so recently begun.
    The first hearing of Gabriel’s case began at the time of the presentation of the UB revelation.
    53:9:4  Satan could come to Urantia because you had no Son of standing in residence — neither Planetary Prince nor Material Son. Machiventa Melchizedek has since been proclaimed vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia, and the opening of the case of Gabriel vs. Lucifer has signalized the inauguration of temporary planetary regimes on all the isolated worlds. It is true that Satan did periodically visit Caligastia and others of the fallen princes right up to the time of the presentation of these revelations, when there occurred the first hearing of Gabriel’s plea for the annihilation of the archrebels. Satan is now unqualifiedly detained on the Jerusem prison worlds.

And. . . .

54:4:8  But these mercy delays are not interminable. Notwithstanding the long delay (as time is reckoned on Urantia) in adjudicating the Lucifer rebellion, we may record that, during the time of effecting this revelation, the first hearing in the pending case of Gabriel vs. Lucifer was held on Uversa, and soon thereafter there issued the mandate of the Ancients of Days directing that Satan be henceforth confined to the prison world with Lucifer. This ends the ability of Satan to pay further visits to any of the fallen worlds of Satania. Justice in a mercy-dominated universe may be slow, but it is certain.
    “Recently” compared to what. . . 200,000 years ago?
    Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

54:5.13 12. Time, even in a universe of time, is relative: If a Urantia mortal of average length of life should commit a crime which precipitated world-wide pandemonium, and if he were apprehended, tried, and executed within two or three days of the commission of the crime, would it seem a long time to you? And yet that would be nearer a comparison with the length of Lucifer’s life even if his adjudication, now begun, should not be completed for a hundred thousand Urantia years. The relative lapse of time from the viewpoint of Uversa, where the litigation is pending, could be indicated by saying that the crime of Lucifer was being brought to trial within two and a half seconds of its commission. From the Paradise viewpoint the adjudication is simultaneous with the enactment.

The above quote makes you think that even if the case was adjudicated in another 100,000 years, it would only seem like a few seconds to the celestials.  I think by using the word recently they mean our time, which would have been around the time of the writing of TUB.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

I wonder about the difference is isolation (and its sometime release) on worlds where the Prince and Garden did not join the rebellion.  What is the effect of quarantine on more normal worlds who suffer System isolation but retained on planet leadership?

What would the end of adjudication actually mean to them….and to us?

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

I’ve wondered the same thing Bradly.  I imagine those worlds that cut themselves off from rebellion tainted planets like ours might benefit from our experience with rebellion just as much as we might benefit from their “normalcy”.  But in all honesty, I’m not sure that it matters one bit to those of us living today.  I don’t think any of us would even notice changes on the spiritual level, unless that is, you’re functioning on a really high spiritual plane . . . . who knows?  Even then, I’m not sure it matters much to us at this point.  We have all the work arounds we need, don’t you think?

I get the impression that some people think that once the Lucifer affair is adjudicated and the quarantines are lifted that we will suddenly be living on a “normal” world.  That’s not gonna happen.  I think we have to embrace our specialness and work cheerfully with what we have. Let’s face it, there’s no other world anywhere that can say Michael of Nebadon lived and died as a creature.  So who needs quarantine lifting when you have that?  I say we have the trump card and others will benefit from its lifting more than we will.  This is the place!

Mara
    Mara
    Participant
    Bonita wrote:    54:5.13 12. Time, even in a universe of time, is relative: If a Urantia mortal of average length of life should commit a crime which precipitated world-wide pandemonium, and if he were apprehended, tried, and executed within two or three days of the commission of the crime, would it seem a long time to you? And yet that would be nearer a comparison with the length of Lucifer’s life even if his adjudication, now begun, should not be completed for a hundred thousand Urantia years. The relative lapse of time from the viewpoint of Uversa, where the litigation is pending, could be indicated by saying that the crime of Lucifer was being brought to trial within two and a half seconds of its commission. From the Paradise viewpoint the adjudication is simultaneous with the enactment.
    The above quote makes you think that even if the case was adjudicated in another 100,000 years, it would only seem like a few seconds to the celestials.  I think by using the word recently they mean our time, which would have been around the time of the writing of TUB.
    Thanks for adding the above reference. I agree the word “recently” pertains to our time.  Here is another time reference to ponder, concerning the work of our one-time Planetary Prince, Caligastia, who cast his lot with Lucifer’s schemes.
    49:5:23  With the emergence of human groupings, this Planetary Prince arrives to inaugurate human civilization and to focalize human society. Your world of confusion is no criterion of the early days of the reign of the Planetary Princes, for it was near the beginning of such an administration on Urantia that your Planetary Prince, Caligastia, cast his lot with the rebellion of the System Sovereign, Lucifer. Your planet has pursued a stormy course ever since.
    I am surprised to read it was near the beginning, i.e. after a period of 300,000 years, of Caligastia’s administration that he betrayed his trust.  To me that’s a chunk of time, but Caligastia’s adminisration was young and Urantia was just developing. (66:3:3)
    Bradly wrote:I wonder about the difference is isolation (and its sometime release) on worlds where the Prince and Garden did not join the rebellion.  What is the effect of quarantine on more normal worlds who suffer System isolation but retained on planet leadership?
    Maybe on those “normal” worlds in a system the people there have similar faith opportunities as we have.  The rebellion was system-wide, and we’re informed Satania has not been restored to the Norlatiadek circuit.  In this reference about Urantia the revelators use the subjunctive “even if.”  They do not declare Urantia is retored to the system circuits.
    46:8:2  When Satania can return to the constellation fold, then will come up for consideration the readmission of the isolated worlds into the system family of inhabited planets, accompanied by their restoration to the spiritual communion of the realms. But even if Urantia were restored to the system circuits, you would still be embarrassed by the fact that your whole system rests under a Norlatiadek quarantine partially segregating it from all other systems.

I suppose it depends upon how much of the history the rebellion from the beginning is revealed on the various worlds.  The rise and fall of the Roman empire  isn’t a good comparison, but it is part of world history though very unlike the Lucifer rebellion and the Caligastia betrayal which resulted in so much confusion here.

4:3:3  Much, very much, of the difficulty which Urantia mortals have in understanding God is due to the far-reaching consequences of the Lucifer rebellion and the Caligastia betrayal. On worlds not segregated by sin, the evolutionary races are able to formulate far better ideas of the Universal Father; they suffer less from confusion, distortion, and perversion of concept.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Mara – I know you’re interest in the question is strictly scholarly, but many who find the issue most interesting demonstrate an impatient immaturity (IMO), even an obsession, which defies or conflicts with an important fact:  there is much still to gain by both delay and transparency.  There is no hurry or urgency so far as the universe rulers are concerned; all evil and iniquity and its negative influence has ended and is fully contained locally.  While some may suffer somewhat, so many others gain so much by the time lag of mercy – the greatest good for the greatest number.

54:5.12 (618.1) 11. An emergency council of ex-mortals consisting of Mighty Messengers, glorified mortals who had had personal experience with like situations, together with their colleagues, was organized on Jerusem. They advised Gabriel that at least three times the number of beings would be led astray if arbitrary or summary methods of suppression were attempted. The entire Uversa corps of counselors concurred in advising Gabriel to permit the rebellion to take its full and natural course, even if it should require a million years to wind up the consequences.

54:6.5 (619.2) And there is compensation for these trials, delays, and disappointments which invariably accompany the sin of rebellion. Of the many valuable repercussions of the Lucifer rebellion which might be named, I will only call attention to the enhanced careers of those mortal ascenders, the Jerusem citizens, who, by withstanding the sophistries of sin, placed themselves in line for becoming future Mighty Messengers, fellows of my own order. Every being who stood the test of that evil episode thereby immediately advanced his administrative status and enhanced his spiritual worth.

54:6.7 (619.4) But such an extraordinary and beneficent harvest of wrongdoing could only be brought about by the wise, divine, and merciful attitude of all of Lucifer’s superiors, extending from the Constellation Fathers on Edentia to the Universal Father on Paradise. The passing of time has enhanced the consequential good to be derived from the Lucifer folly; and since the evil to be penalized was quite fully developed within a comparatively short time, it is apparent that the all-wise and farseeing universe rulers would be certain to extend the time in which to reap increasingly beneficial results. Regardless of the many additional reasons for delaying the apprehension and adjudication of the Satania rebels, this one gain would have been enough to explain why these sinners were not sooner interned, and why they have not been adjudicated and destroyed.

54:6.8 (619.5) Shortsighted and time-bound mortal minds should be slow to criticize the time delays of the farseeing and all-wise administrators of universe affairs.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: . . . all evil and iniquity and its negative influence has ended and is fully contained locally.  While some may suffer somewhat, so many others gain so much by the time lag of mercy – the greatest good for the greatest number.
    I don’t think all evil and iniquity has ended. If it ALL ended, then there would be no use for free will.  I think you mean the rebellion itself has ended, but that doesn’t mean that evil has ended.  And I wonder, do some folks think that if the rebellion were adjudicated that all evil would end making Earth a paradise?  And that begs the question: Does the potential for evil ever end?
    Time-limited evil is the way that TUB describes it, and we’re told that time-limited evil has ultimate, if not immediate, benefits.  We’re also told that we won’t understand that until somewhere along our ascension career when it becomes an actual experience. I’ve found myself thinking about that.  What has happened in my life that could be considered time-limited evil (imperfection) that has brought me and others good?  As I ponder it, I realize there is an amazing amount of truth in in that, which comes mostly from recognizing evil and dealing with it, doing something.
    But as I see it, if you allow your mind to be clouded by anger, victimhood and resentment, there’s no way to reap those benefits, let alone see them.  Maybe that’s why forgiveness works the way it does . . . don’t know.  Bottom line is, I think the celestials know what they’re doing and I trust them.  If they want to take a zillion years to adjudicate, fine.  If it happened last Thursday, fine. Either way, it won’t end evil nor the benefits we gain from recognizing and dealing with it.
    Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant

Bradly wrote: . . . all evil and iniquity and its negative influence has ended and is fully contained locally. While some may suffer somewhat, so many others gain so much by the time lag of mercy – the greatest good for the greatest number.

Bonita replies:  I don’t think all evil and iniquity has ended. If it ALL ended, then there would be no use for free will. I think you mean the rebellion itself has ended, but that doesn’t mean that evil has ended. And I wonder, do some folks think that if the rebellion were adjudicated that all evil would end making Earth a paradise? And that begs the question: Does the potential for evil ever end?

Yes indeed Bonita….I should not have used the term “evil” at all.  The iniquity of the rebels themselves has ended or been fully contained but the repercussions of sin and potential for evil surely remain.  The repercussions though have been over shadowed by more than a thousands times as much good and benefit by the time delays of mercy and that potential still accrues value and meaning for all in Nebadon I think.  As you say, the potential for evil/error is inherent in the reality of free will and experience.

I think that as long as love and mercy continues to reap this harvest of benefits, the longer it takes to adjudicate, the better….if not for all, still the greatest good for the greatest number is being demonstrated by such patience in full view as witnesses to mercy and love and loyalty watch this unfold over time and see the rebels remain in defiance and filled with self….self importance and self love, in direct conflict with reality.  The sanctity of free will is maintained and upheld…as are its full potential.  The wisdom of our universe rulers is on display for all to see.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

I don’t think all evil and iniquity has ended.

I agree.

163:2:8  Thus always it was and forever will be: Men must arrive at their own decisions. There is a certain range of the freedom of choice which mortals may exercise. The forces of the spiritual world will not coerce man; they allow him to go the way of his own choosing.

The system of Satania is not yet built out.  (15:14:5)  I can’t imagine the number of future ascenders yet to pass through mansonia in pursuit of the Paradise career.  Anyone can decline survival.

54:6:9  One error of human thinking respecting these problems consists in the idea that all evolutionary mortals on an evolving planet would choose to enter upon the Paradise career if sin had not cursed their world. The ability to decline survival does not date from the times of the Lucifer rebellion. Mortal man has always possessed the endowment of freewill choice regarding the Paradise career.

Perfect beings are not bothered by contrastive choice stimulus, because they inherently identify and choose good by design. (35:16) Not so with us ascenders.
    5:1:11  Mortal man may draw near God and may repeatedly forsake the divine will so long as the power of choice remains. Man’s final doom is not sealed until he has lost the power to choose the Father’s will. There is never a closure of the Father’s heart to the need and the petition of his children. Only do his offspring close their hearts forever to the Father’s drawing power when they finally and forever lose the desire to do his divine will — to know him and to be like him. Likewise is man’s eternal destiny assured when Adjuster fusion proclaims to the universe that such an ascender has made the final and irrevocable choice to live the Father’s will.
    Can rebellion again occur in Satania or in our local Universe?  Since Michael’s seventh bestowal on Urantia, it would be swiftly dealt with.  I could happen.
    134:8:9  On an afternoon in late summer, amid the trees and in the silence of nature, Michael of Nebadon won the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe. On that day he completed the task set for Creator Sons to live to the full the incarnated life in the likeness of mortal flesh on the evolutionary worlds of time and space. The universe announcement of this momentous achievement was not made until the day of his baptism, months afterward, but it all really took place that day on the mountain. And when Jesus came down from his sojourn on Mount Hermon, the Lucifer rebellion in Satania and the Caligastia secession on Urantia were virtually settled. Jesus had paid the last price required of him to attain the sovereignty of his universe, which in itself regulates the status of all rebels and determines that all such future upheavals (if they ever occur) may be dealt with summarily and effectively. Accordingly, it may be seen that the so-called “great temptation” of Jesus took place sometime before his baptism and not just after that event.
    118:7:5  Iniquity in the finite domains reveals the transient reality of all God-unidentified selfhood. Only as a creature becomes God identified, does he become truly real in the universes. Finite personality is not self-created, but in the superuniverse arena of choice it does self-determine destiny.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.