Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjudicated?

Home Forums Urantia Book General Discussions Has the Lucifer rebellion been adjudicated?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(164:5.2) My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

165:2.4 The true shepherd enters the fold after the porter has opened the door for him . . .

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(192:2.5) Peter took this last statement literally—that he should continue to follow after him—and turning to Jesus, he pointed to John, asking, “If I follow on after you, what shall this man do?” And then, perceiving that Peter had misunderstood his words, Jesus said: “Peter, be not concerned about what your brethren shall do. If I will that John should tarry after you are gone, even until I come back, what is that to you? Only make sure that you follow me.”

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

65:2.8 He who is a hireling, when danger arises, will flee and allow the sheep to be scattered and destroyed; but the true shepherd will not flee when the wolf comes; he will protect his flock and, if necessary, lay down his life for his sheep.

Bradly
    Bradly
    Participant
    MidiChlorian wrote:it would seem that there also has not been a decisive presentation as to what “rebellion” actually is

(53:2.5) It is very difficult to point out the exact cause or causes which finally culminated in the Lucifer rebellion. We are certain of only one thing, and that is: Whatever these first beginnings were, they had their origin in Lucifer’s mind. There must have been a pride of self that nourished itself to the point of self-deception, so that Lucifer for a time really persuaded himself that his contemplation of rebellion was actually for the good of the system, if not of the universe. By the time his plans had developed to the point of disillusionment, no doubt he had gone too far for his original and mischief-making pride to permit him to stop. At some point in this experience he became insincere, and evil evolved into deliberate and willful sin.

Normally, when the point of disillusionment is reached, that’s when we admit that we’re wrong. Otherwise, we’ll be contributing to the presentation of what “rebellion” actually is.

(184:2.12) It requires a great and noble character, having started out wrong, to turn about and go right. All too often one’s own mind tends to justify continuance in the path of error when once it is entered upon.

Thanks so much for this insight and to both you and Bonita for the very relevant quotes (and the POPPYCOCK Alert too!).  I agree there is no “hive mind”.  For mortals, it is true that our TAs are fully connected to many other mind-ministers and to one another as I recall and then there is “reflectivity” to consider – but this is far different than collective mind.  All mind circuits are circuits, not a shared singular mind or a super-mind or controlling mind – this would falsify free will I think and prevent the very real results of potential and realization and expression of free will.  The mind’s ability to freely experience and express that experience results in individuation and uniqueness that is at the core of free will.

Thanks Bonita for the supporting text on the “limits” of free will related to the limits applied to the consequences or repurcussions of free will based on the authority, experience, wisdom, and ascendant status or created status of every mind, which supports earlier points and text.  There are circuit breakers or governors if you will which place practical “result-limits” on evil/error and sin/iniquity.  The free will is unlimited, but its repurcussions on others is limited indeed until such a time error is unattended by intentional sin and iniquity.  The universes appear to have such a “line” for the creatures of time and space.  We must remember, that no Lanonandeks have actually yet ascended to Paradise like mortal ascenders/finaliters have.  Such created beings await the jubilees of their System, Constellation, and Local Universe (or so I recall….but am eager for correction on this point!).  Truly, mortal borns have a much quicker route to Paradise, along with our Seraphim Guardians and, of course our TA which becomes one with us upon that journey.

I wonder if this might be a source of impatience in the other Sons of the Michael’s creation?  They see all these lowly mortal born ascenders travel to Paradise along with their angels and even come back long before others even begin this ultimate (actually only “next”) leg of the adventure?  We are told impatience, like self importance, leads to all manner of evil/error and misjudgment.  We have more than one such example right here in our own planetary history!

Lucifer’s folly was not initially iniquity….it was error which became sin when all counsel and patience was refused and denied which became a personal embrace of iniquity….when sincerity departs the equation of experience becoming wisdom, the mind begins to warp and fold in upon itself in self importance and denial of reality – loving service to others (the will of God and the way of Michael and the universe of universes is reality itself).  So I find the quotes above important in finding that line of debarkation from sanity and loyalty to insanity and betrayal of trust that Lucifer and all rebels crossed sometime during their treason.

But, according to earlier text posted, that many other Lanonandeks who crossed this line had sufficient “character” to face their failure (failure is the mirror of our true self we are told) and repent and re-embrace reality, love, truth, beauty, and goodness.  It is unfortunate for others that the longer and tighter a warped mind grips their own self importance, the less and less real they become.  This may make the way back harder to be sure…..but still is mercy available….and still, perhaps, it may yet yield contrition, repentance, and a return to the fold of Michael for those holdouts who hide in their self constructed un-realities.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant
    Bradly wrote: The free will is unlimited,

Free will is not unlimited.  Free will is relative.

118.6.4All volition is relative. In the originating sense, only the Father-I AM possesses finality of volition; in the absolute sense, only the Father, the Son, and the Spirit exhibit the prerogatives of volition unconditioned by time and unlimited by space. Mortal man is endowed with free will, the power of choice, and though such choosing is not absolute, nevertheless, it is relatively final on the finite level and concerning the destiny of the choosing personality.

118.8.1 In the time-space creations, free will is hedged about with restraints, with limitations. Material-life evolution is first mechanical, then mind activated, and (after the bestowal of personality) it may become spirit directed. Organic evolution on the inhabited worlds is physically limited by the potentials of the original physical-life implantations of the Life Carriers.

118.9.2  Mechanisms produced by higher minds function to liberate their creative sources but to some degree unvaryingly limit the action of all subordinate intelligences. To the creatures of the universes this limitation becomes apparent as the mechanism of the universes. Man does not have unfettered free will; there are limits to his range of choice, but within the radius of this choice his will is relatively sovereign.

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(151:2.5) That I am right is fully proved by the fact that, whereas we were all of one mind an hour ago, now are we divided into two separate groups who hold different opinions

Silly humans.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

192:2.4 Then said Jesus: “Feed my sheep. Do not forsake the flock. Be an example and an inspiration to all your fellow shepherds. Love the flock as I have loved you and devote yourself to their welfare even as I have devoted my life to your welfare. And follow after me even to the end.”

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

(196:0.13) Jesus does not require his disciples to believe in him but rather to believe with him, believe in the reality of the love of God and in full confidence accept the security of the assurance of sonship with the heavenly Father. The Master desires that all his followers should fully share his transcendent faith. Jesus most touchingly challenged his followers, not only to believe what he believed, but also to believe as he believed. This is the full significance of his one supreme requirement, “Follow me.”

Gene
    Participant

It’s all so easy to talk about

doing it is that wholehearted commitment to do Gods will.

doing it is not so easy – for me anyway.

Bonita
    Bonita
    Participant

131:2.7 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness. Yes, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for God is with me. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Mara
    Mara
    Participant

It’s all so easy to talk about doing it is that wholehearted commitment to do Gods will. doing it is not so easy – for me anyway.

Might it be that you are too hard on yourself?  And might expecting perfection of oneself have something to do with perfection hunger?  (102:1:6)  I think all of us have shortcomings of one kind or another.  For me some days are better than others. We’re human!  But the Spirit of Truth always shows us the way.  (34:7:8)

I’ve had to curb the tendency to overthink things.  Having a friend/s to talk over these Urantia topics helps, because by having their viewpoint or interpretation of concepts in the book, I get more balanced in what I might be thinking.  What I might be thinking could be partially or completely wrong!  I am committed to right thinking as much as possible.  The body (my brain) might be weak, but my spirit is always trying to help me.

111:1:5  […]   Human consciousness rests gently upon the electrochemical mechanism below and delicately touches the spirit-morontia energy system above. Of neither of these two systems is the human being ever completely conscious in his mortal life; therefore must he work in mind, of which he is conscious.  And it is not so much what mind comprehends as what mind desires to comprehend that insures survival; it is not so much what mind is like as what mind is striving to be like that constitutes spirit identification. It is not so much that man is conscious of God as that man yearns for God that results in universe ascension. What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day and in eternity.

155:6:13  […] While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is indeed the gateway thereto.
    Lucifer, we’re informed, had a brilliant mind.  But he began to exalt his own mind (53:2:3)  In his own mind he conceived his traitorous ideas against God and developed his plans of rebellion as an attempt to short-circuit the plans of the Universal Father by swinging all of Satania over to his theories of “home-rule” and the delusion of selfassertion – his so-called “personal liberty” –  completely in opposition to the will of Michael and to the plans of the Universal Father.  He promulgated his theories.  He thought he could accomplish his goal.  He attempted to do the nondoable. But neither he, nor you, nor I can do the nondoable.  God does not do the ungodlike act.  (3:3:5)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

But, according to earlier text posted, that many other Lanonandeks who crossed this line had sufficient “character” to face their failure (failure is the mirror of our true self we are told) and repent and re-embrace reality, love, truth, beauty, and goodness. It is unfortunate for others that the longer and tighter a warped mind grips their own self importance, the less and less real they become. This may make the way back harder to be sure…..but still is mercy available….and still, perhaps, it may yet yield contrition, repentance, and a return to the fold of Michael for those holdouts who hide in their self constructed un-realities.

Bradly, I am intrigued by your presentation and use of “reality” and its variations, but could there be a different reality depending on position or location within the universe(s), in that we as humans on Urantia would define reality differently based on our location in time and space or from experiences which we may have encountered?  So, by your use of “re-embrace reality”, in reference to “Lanonandeks” as to “failure”, can we really understand how they would perceive reality?  Would, this reality be truth as they see or understand it, based on their experiences?  Also, can you expand on your notation above presenting “those holdouts who hide in their self constructed un-realities”, where how would they construct un-realities?  I mention this based on your use of “the longer and tighter a warped mind grips their own self importance,” whereby are you implying that someone with self-respect of them self, with confidence that what they believe is correct or right, has a “warped mind”?  This may be coming across wrong as I am reading?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lucifer, we’re informed, had a brilliant mind. But he began to exalt his own mind (53:2:3) In his own mind he conceived his traitorous ideas against God and developed his plans of rebellion as an attempt to short-circuit the plans of the Universal Father by swinging all of Satania over to his theories of “home-rule” and the delusion of self–assertion – his so-called “personal liberty” – completely in opposition to the will of Michael and to the plans of the Universal Father.

Mara, I take some exception to your statement above, more so in its use of various words which may be presented out of context?  But, I understand your pretense; although “home-rule”, “self-assertion” and “personal liberty” are really not that far out of line with Michael’s plan, where his is the interpreter of God’s plans, in his universe, and if we can assume that what Jesus taught is what Michael would also present, based on a so called plan, then, I can only assume, that Lucifer pushed the issue, that Michael actualize his last bestowal with do haste?  Also, as a side note, if Lucifer was actually as “brilliant” as was mentioned, it would be possible that from my own experience, working with these type of individuals, that often their concepts are not well understood, by lesser minds, which makes for a tendency to become frustrated when not understood by those they believe cannot understand their concepts, based on the reception of said concepts?  As an example, in Einstein’s early days, his theories’ were conceived as non-believable or non-true, but as time went on and his theories were extrapolated, sometimes differently, they started to make sense and were proved accurate, by some and not others?  Therefore, in some cases something which comes from brilliance cannot be presented without presenting an example or working model where which it can be visualized or experienced differently be others?  If we remember that Lucifer also took part, or was aware of two previous failed rebellions, why would he attempt to activate another, unless he had some other information which we are not aware of, or able to understand because we assume it is non-doable, where these other rebellion attempts might indicate that there is or was a problem which others felt were of need of correction?   Being that these other rebellion attempts were put down, what makes this rebellion different, that it has lasted so long?

Van Amadon
    Van Amadon
    Participant

can we really understand how they would perceive reality?

How someone else perceives reality can’t ever be known. However, perceiving reality ourselves is what we’re being tested to do. Failure of perception is ok, because we’re designed to fail. It’s how perception grows.

(160:4.13) But life will become a burden of existence unless you learn how to fail gracefully. There is an art in defeat which noble souls always acquire; you must know how to lose cheerfully; you must be fearless of disappointment. Never hesitate to admit failure. Make no attempt to hide failure under deceptive smiles and beaming optimism. It sounds well always to claim success, but the end results are appalling. Such a technique leads directly to the creation of a world of unreality and to the inevitable crash of ultimate disillusionment.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 122 total)

Login to reply to this topic.

Not registered? Sign up here.